NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

ODI Squad

Ice

ODI Squad Empty ODI Squad

Post by Ice Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:25 pm

Australia: Steve Smith (capt), David Warner (vc), George Bailey, Scott Boland, Josh Hazlewood, James Faulkner, Aaron Finch, Mitchell Marsh, Shaun Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Kane Richardson, Joel Paris, Matthew Wade.

NO Lyon, deadset, what does he have to do. Boland? Please, he is a plodder in the Siddle mould. Paris, give me strength.

What does Lynn need to do to be given an opportunity. I know it is T20 he is slaying them in, but that is where Warner got his start. Give the guy a crack.

The bowling looks ever so weak.
    Sashamaloo
    Sashamaloo

ODI Squad Empty Re: ODI Squad

Post by Sashamaloo Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:25 pm

Ice wrote:

What does Lynn need to do to be given an opportunity. I know it is T20 he is slaying them in, but that is where Warner got his start.  Give the guy a crack.

Lynn needs to move to NSW, everyone knows they hand a Australian cap in a paper bag when you get given a baggy blue. Wink
    Mr Fernando
    Mr Fernando

Post by Mr Fernando Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:49 pm

Boland seems pretty average and I've never been a big fan of Richardson.

Don't mind Paris though, it's early on in the World Cup cycle so worth seeing what he can do. But using that same reasoning, I don't get Bailey's selection. He's a 33 year old plodder - time to scrap him.

Behrendorff would have been a better option than most of the bowlers picked but Mark Waugh said his lack of cricket counted against him... :doubt:

Hopefully he and Lynn will be picked for games 4 and 5.

Mr Fernando
    Mr Fernando

Post by Mr Fernando Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:59 pm

Anyone want to have a go at a full strength ODI lineup?  We have lost Clarke, Johnson, Watson and Haddin from the World Cup winning side.

I'd go:

1. Warner
    2. Finch
    3. Khawaja
    4. Smith
    5. Lynn
    6. Maxwell
    7. Faulkner
    8. Wade
    9. Pattinson/Lyon
    10. Starc
    11. Hazlewood
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:23 pm

Waugh would be the kind of bloke you would not want to put a foot wrong with personally.  Seems like he would hold a grudge.

Post by Guest Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:31 pm

SI wrote:Waugh would be the kind of bloke you would not want to put a foot wrong with personally.  Seems like he would hold a grudge.
    He is just angry at life because his brother was more successful during their playing days.
    Mr Fernando
    Mr Fernando

Post by Mr Fernando Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:47 pm

For a national selector his knowledge of domestic players seem pretty sketchy.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:26 pm

I can't believe they still left Usman out, absolutely mental. He's the most in form ODI batsman we have at the moment and you leave him out? Mental.

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:41 pm