NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Ando 2024

The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Ando 2024 - Page 5 Empty Re: Ando 2024

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Fri May 03, 2024 5:07 pm

I can't take you seriously any more now that I see your new avatar
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Fri May 03, 2024 5:10 pm

@The Dolphin Conspiracies I want to change it, just don't know who to. I'm thinking Strange gets the nod if he goes over 40 today.
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Tue May 07, 2024 6:13 pm

Round 9

Round Score: 914
    Overall Rank: 863th

Trades

Terrell > Plath
    Chan > Garrick
    ITB: 50k

Starting 17

Egan (43) - This score as a blessing as I think he should have been given a really early HIA
    Carrigan (56) - Keeps ticking over nicely, aiming to hold over Origin
    Plath (46) - Didn't see the game but played some time on an EDG where he missed some tackles?
    Smithies (51) - As mentioned previously as long as the score isn't a blow out he should see good minutes
    KPP (52) - Bounced back nicely from last week's score
    Crichton (97) - Did you know I traded him well before anyone else did?
    Hynes (c) (144) - Highest averaging player in the game, dominating with his new halves partner
    Galvin (39) - Even in games the Tigers look poor he seems to be scoring relatively well
    Iro (44) - Just looks really solid really glad I own him as I'm sure most are
    Garrick (66) - Great first game, happy to hold this CTR partnership for the foreseeable
    Drinkwater (58) - He repaid the faith, don't think he will be much of a POD now with the Papy injury
    Papenhuysen (34) - Was on for a huge score, unfortunate injury
    Kiraz (37) - Think I will look to hold him the first 2 Bye rounds before moving him on, not consistent enough to be a keeper
    Brailey (32) - What the hell were those minutes?!
    Bateman (57) - Another good showing but named back on an EDG next game?
    Piakura (23) - Starting to get annoyed I held him, good chance I trade rage him
    Strange (35) - Had a solid second half but really can't trust his scoring in the 17

EMG

Salmon (35) - A huge update just before lockout saved his score and should keep his BE relatively low
    Hughes (37) - Could do with him carry on starting to keep boosting his scores
    Chevy (DNP)  
    Gutho (DNP)

Summary

Scored around Par for the week which saw me lose about 100 places in the rankings which I can't really complain about as I was forced to loop some of the shitto's.

Typical Terrell May went huge after I traded him scoring 22 more points than his replacement but I will just tell myself it was the right decision moving forward.

Of course there were more injuries with another WFB going down... This makes Papy a sell and I think it would also be wise to cut Gutho as there is no certainty he is back for RD13 although not a necessity.

Therefore my first trade is near enough nailed:

Papy > Fa'alogo - Probably doesn't have a huge base but for the price I'm happy to start him at WFB

Tempted by the following second trade to build my bank:

Gutho > Atkinson for a cash grab and Hynes handcuff

With Kiraz playing the Panthers I think I will loop him via Chevy, if he shits the bed I will pull the trigger, if he scores ok I will hold.

The above trades leave a massive $501k in the bank which will be nice to use on upgrades in the coming weeks on the following:

Strange - With him not picking up the KM I see him starting to lose the cash made. Plays RD13 so may try to hold until then
    Stewart - Looking like a dud pick unless he gets back into the Raiders side next week, not sure it happens with Rapana back
    SHughes - Hoping he can continue knocking off scores in the mid 30's until RD13
    Salmon - Same as Hughes but can see him losing his place in the Dogs starting 13 sooner rather than later
    Piakura - Awful Bye schedule means he's probably going to be a trade over Origin, can he make any cash before then?

The good news is the Dogs play game 2 in the round so I can take a look at Hughes, Salmon and Kiraz's score early. Depending on how these guys score will decide on whether I use my second and third trade to upgrade Piakura. I'd be looking at grabbing a solid MID, quite like the look of Arrow and Matto although there are some question marks so I could gun up with Tohu or AFB but all of these are luxury trades and I will likely hold.

Thanks for reading!
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed May 08, 2024 4:59 am

Glad you finally got on Crichton mate. Not sure what you were thinking there. Drinkwater probably still remain a bit of a POD. I can't afford him even without any high priced guns, besides Hynes who I bought and captained when he bottomed out, dunno if you knew I did that or not. Was amazing.

I'm in a similar spot hoping to save a trade if SHughes or Salmon go well enough.

Gutho to Atkinson looks good. Hopefully can chip away hitting 30s, but the upcoming draw does give me a bit of a grimace. Works as a cashout and bye player though.

Fa'alogo could be good with Storm's FB history. I'll probably avoid with the idea of saving a trade down the line, but his potential points and cashgen in a short time could be worth it. Might have to think about it depending on how Dogs and Armstrong go. Bit worried about Atkinson racking up some negatives vs Storm if having to play him.
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Wed May 08, 2024 5:45 pm

@WT Winfield Laugh 3

Yeah that's pretty much my thoughts regarding Fa'alogo, the Storm's trick players are all pretty much set up to give Papy space to run, hoping Sua slots into that and he scores respectfully whilst making plenty of cash.

Currently set up for a 4 man loop with SHughes, Salmon, Kiraz and Piakura. Not too confident in my Dogs players this week and think I'll end up missing Atkinson to be honest and grabbing Matterson if he is named at #12 on game day.

Will mean I save my second trade of the season at least. Would love Gutho to be back RD13.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed May 08, 2024 6:25 pm

Ando wrote:@WT Winfield Laugh 3

Yeah that's pretty much my thoughts regarding Fa'alogo, the Storm's trick players are all pretty much set up to give Papy space to run, hoping Sua slots into that and he scores respectfully whilst making plenty of cash.

Currently set up for a 4 man loop with SHughes, Salmon, Kiraz and Piakura. Not too confident in my Dogs players this week and think I'll end up missing Atkinson to be honest and grabbing Matterson if he is named at #12 on game day.

Will mean I save my second trade of the season at least. Would love Gutho to be back RD13.
    Faalogo seems pretty popular around these parts. Hoping his price keeps a few of the outsiders from bringing him in and he goes off. Fantasy has turned me into quite a glass half empty kind of guy so not expecting too much from him and Papy returns in Round 14.

Matterson another I’m interested in this week so hoping for no shenanigans on game day and a decent run in the side, Carty at 14 perhaps taking Hands role and spelling Lussick for some attacking spark when needed. Is it just my memory or am I making up Carty at hooker?
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Wed May 08, 2024 6:53 pm

@Liverpool_Bulldog Yeah I think it's a bit of a no brainer pick up for the price. Pretty sure if you could pick up the Storm Full Back for $394k at the start of the season he'd be owned by the majority of players. If he can make it to RD16 that would be perfect then after that you can upgrade him to a RD19 keeper WFB like Latrell.

Think you could be right about Carty, I also vaguely remember Hopgood covering #9 at the back end of a game last season. Matto showed in 2022 he can even score big off the bench so if he's starting he's a bargain. Pretty sure I will end up getting him this week, it's just whether I trade out Piakura, Gutho or Chevy. Piakura is the only Green Dot but he's the one I am leaning to at the moment.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed May 08, 2024 7:32 pm

Ando wrote:@Liverpool_Bulldog Yeah I think it's a bit of a no brainer pick up for the price. Pretty sure if you could pick up the Storm Full Back for $394k at the start of the season he'd be owned by the majority of players. If he can make it to RD16 that would be perfect then after that you can upgrade him to a RD19 keeper WFB like Latrell.

Think you could be right about Carty, I also vaguely remember Hopgood covering #9 at the back end of a game last season. Matto showed in 2022 he can even score big off the bench so if he's starting he's a bargain. Pretty sure I will end up getting him this week, it's just whether I trade out Piakura, Gutho or Chevy. Piakura is the only Green Dot but he's the one I am leaning to at the moment.
    Yeah that’s my thinking as well, pretty cheap and am sure from the eye test is capable of some big scores. 16 would be perfect, I’m sure there’s a couple of decent scores in that run of games.

Piakura has been a bit of a dud since returning which has surprised me. I almost got him when he returned but went another direction so at least that’s a small win. On Matto I’m not sure why he hasn’t been starting, I guess Carty won the right to that spot but since injury it’s now been taken by Matto, not sure how the pecking order works in RL.

Also I’m probably going to skip on Hynes and hope that Cleary pulls finger for the next 3
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Fri May 10, 2024 7:58 pm

Geez what a rough start to the round... Those Bulldogs scores have determined my trades for the week.

Papenhuysen > Fa'alogo was already locked in.

Kiraz with a very solid score gets looped in via Gutho who I am hoping to hold until RD16.

SHughes gets looped in via Smithies/Chevy in #17.

Piakura is now a hold so I can take his score over Salmon who is likely a sell next week.

Second trade is now Strange > Matto who has near enough peaked.

Hoping for a solid score from Piakura to get the cash gen rolling, and I now have 151k in the bank to look at sorting Salmon and Chevy next week although I am quietly hoping for Chevy to get the #1 jumper to make a little bit more cash.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Sun May 12, 2024 12:14 pm

Ando wrote:Geez what a rough start to the round... Those Bulldogs scores have determined my trades for the week.

Papenhuysen > Fa'alogo was already locked in.

Kiraz with a very solid score gets looped in via Gutho who I am hoping to hold until RD16.

SHughes gets looped in via Smithies/Chevy in #17.

Piakura is now a hold so I can take his score over Salmon who is likely a sell next week.

Second trade is now Strange > Matto who has near enough peaked.

Hoping for a solid score from Piakura to get the cash gen rolling, and I now have 151k in the bank to look at sorting Salmon and Chevy next week although I am quietly hoping for Chevy to get the #1 jumper to make a little bit more cash.

Too much is never enough
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Mon May 13, 2024 7:51 pm

Round 10

Round Score: 611 Laugh 3
    Overall Rank: 3,963th

Trades

Strange > Matto
    Papy > Fa'alogo
    ITB: 151k

Starting 17

Egan (28) - Benched before kick off and made hardly any tackles
    Carrigan (vc) (86) - Played 80 but too many demerits
    Plath (32) - Second stint cut short by a HIA
    Matto (44) - Thought he looked quite well but got most of his points when playing in the middle
    KPP (32) - Benched before kick off and played 40 minutes
    Crichton (78) - Great score, shame he is owned by everyone
    Hynes (c) (DNP) - Late out and foolishly didn't have cover in the EMG's
    Galvin (41) - Continues to tick over nicely but will need to be upgraded at some point
    Iro (30) - Another respectable score in a dead position
    Garrick (26) - Moved to the wing early, was scoring quite well until then
    Drinkwater (28) - Poor Cowboys performance until the last 15 minutes
    Fa'alogo (19) - Dud pick, will just hold now until Papy is back and hope he gets some better scores
    Kiraz (57) - Scored a late junk try to give his score a big boost, was looked at 30's until that
    Brailey (48) - Played 80 but a bit of a plodder
    Bateman (24) - Was scoring well then moved to CTR and subbed at half time
    Piakura (Cool - No comment
    Hughes (30) - Has done his job

EMG

Salmon (23) - Looped out his score for Piakura LOL
    Chevy (DNP)
    Smithies (DNP)  
    Gutho (DNP)

Summary

I've been playing this game for about 10 years and this was hands down my worst ever round, every single player scoring below their average except Crichton and Kiraz.

Only have my self to blame for playing with 16 but really kicking myself. I was out when the Hynes out news broke so wasn't paying attention to realise I had no HLF cover, If I'd known I would have simply done Chevy > Atkinson.

Will likely trade Atkinson and Weekes in this week for the HLF and WFB cover who both should make some decent coin whilst both playing RD13. I think I will try hold Bateman unless it's long term which means Piakura is a definite out and then Salmon and Chevy on the chopping block.

I'm also interested in Arrow after he played 80 minutes but only really want him if he misses Origin. I am going to try hold Salmon through RD13 and then swap him to Arrow after that. Therefore pre-TLT trades are:

Chevy > Weekes
    Piakura > Atkinson

This leaves $111k in the bank but expecting some carnage tomorrow which will probably throw this all out of the window.

Thanks for reading, hopefully made you feel better about your week if you struggled.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Mon May 13, 2024 8:27 pm

Made me feel worse about my week Sad I was hoping Drinkwater would do anything in the end. Hard to believe everyone could shit the bed so badly on the same week. Stuff of nightmares. Missing Hynes/Atko sucks too. Hopefully had a good time when out at least.

Ins and potential outs look good. I'm sending Salmon the fuck out. Can't stand fish or any sort of seafood anyway. Or the people that eat it. Well, just when they're eating it.
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Tue May 14, 2024 6:20 pm

A bit of a crazy TLT, Trindall being named in the extended squad means I won't be going for Atkinson and the long term injury to Bateman means I will be trading him out.

Piakura > Weekes is locked in which gives me the following team:

Egan
    Carrigan Matterson Smithies
    KPP Angus
    Hynes Galvin
    Garrick Iro
    Fa'alogo Drinkwater Kiraz  
    Brailey Hughes Salmon Weekes
    Bateman Plath Gutho Chevy

I will set up team so I can loop Salmon and KPP in case KPP is benched again

I can then trade Bateman to anyone up to 832k to give me 18 green dots and then hold the 3rd trade as there is simply no stand out options to bring in. With the injuries mounting up and trades dwindling I can't really afford to burn them unnecessarily.

I'd love to be able to target a RD13 player for Bateman but there are no stand out option other than Aitken but then that causes issues in RD14 but I'll be looking to upgrade Smithies at that point.

Would love to hear any ideas people may have.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Tue May 14, 2024 6:38 pm

Agree that Atkinson is a bit iffy now..

I'd be tempted by Bateman to Hopgood. I figured Hop would make origin last year and didn't happen, but maybe better to wait and see. Price isn't really trending up.

Haven't really updated my watchlist lately, since I need to stop trading, but just sent this off to Rabs21.

Nikora. 50k more expensive than when I wanted him.. maybe just wait and see if I need a Rd 13 edge.
    Tago. 78 BE. Maybe next week or the week after.
    Penisini. Decent price, but prefer Tago.. and centres aren't an issue at all.
    Fainu. Almost bought him over Matto, but no Rd 13. Batman injury seems pretty good for him though. Hopefully doesn't get stuck in the CTRs again.

That's all I've got.. might be missing some. Took Jolliffee off because I figured I missed the value, but seems a solid option.
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Tue May 14, 2024 7:47 pm

@WT Winfield Hopgood is good but having both him and Matto last year really derailed my season so don't really want both. I'm hoping Hopgood does get Origin and Matto picks up extra minutes, plenty of forward at Parra for him to get a rest in the weeks after Origin too.

Now the dust has settled I think I'm happy enough with the Aitken trade, if he keeps the spot he's a keeper, fair play on Rhino getting him so early when most had their doubts.

Jolliffe's price shouldn't move too much now so I think Smithies > Jolliffe will be a RD14 trade.

Really kicking myself on the Fa'alogo trade last week, but hopefully he is like Papy and has average games and then has huge games.

My Garrick trade in was done based on him getting the #1 jersey when Trbo went down so that's another kick in the nuts and it has led to to me having too many WFB's with Drinkwater, Garrick, Kiraz, Fa'alogo Gutho Chevy and then trading Weekes in this week...

Good chance I finally get rid of Gutho or Chevy in the coming weeks but will only do it once a solid option appears. Current squad gives me the following in the big bye rounds:

RD13: 14
    RD16: 12
    RD19: 9
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Wed May 15, 2024 9:23 am

Yeah would be good for Matto if Hop does make origin. I didn't really factor it in, maybe Paulo or someone out, just looked at Matto's history of averaging 50+ every year and figured I should just grab him at that price. Maybe 18th man material after origin.

I thought he played around 50 mins at edge, the lock for a few minutes when Hop went off, but was Hop at FR and Matto LK for longer? Ended up with a decent score, but wasn't really the role I'd hoped for.

Haven't looked at Aitken. Could be okay if he stays at edge. Always too many Raiders/Roosters and egde/ctr not a problem, so never fit with my plans.

Fa'alogo was on my radar. Lack of trades pushed me towards Teddy for a keeper, but was worried about Fa'a averaging big the next few weeks.

The way FBs have been dropping, Garrick at CTR might turn out for the best. Copped that back injury playing there last year too.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed May 15, 2024 1:56 pm

Jeez mate

Only 6 out of our 21 players is the same
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Wed May 15, 2024 6:00 pm

@WT Winfield Matto moved to the middle around the 33rd minute and had some really good runs racking up the TB's, he was really starved of the ball before that.

Yeah I am pretty set on Aitken but no doubt he gets injured or something in the next few weeks. I've set the team up to take a look at Hughes, Salmon and Garrick's score first and how they do will determine if I do a 3rd trade which would be Gutho out.

@The Dolphin Conspiracies I think I'm quite happy about that Laugh 3
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Thu May 16, 2024 2:56 pm

I think I'd come out just on top personally Ando

Dolphins is GreatAndo is CrapVerdict
    J. BraileyJ. Braileysame shit
    HarrisCarrigancrap
    HaasMattersongreat
    HopgoodSmithiesgreat
    CrichtonCrichtonsame shit
    DifitaKPPgreat
    GalvinGalvinsame shit
    Wishart Hynescrap
    AitkenGarrickgreat
    IroIrosame shit
    KoulaFaalogogreat
    CobboDrinkwaterkinda the same
    ArmstrongKirazkinda the same
    HaviliEgancrap
    FainuPlathgreat
    JohnsonSalmongreat
    WeekesWeekessame shit
    RussellBatemancrap
    HughesHughessame shit
    NikoramaGuthokinda the same
    ChevvyChevvysame shit
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Thu May 16, 2024 5:53 pm

@The Dolphin Conspiracies What's the aim, to beat me this week or to beat me by seasons end? Basketball

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:15 pm