NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Liverpool Bulldogs 2024

The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Liverpool Bulldogs 2024 - Page 4 Empty Re: Liverpool Bulldogs 2024

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Thu May 02, 2024 11:18 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Battling to put some trades together this week.
    Gutherson, May and Kris looking like the most likely outs. Salmon could join that list if Preston moves into the team on game day which is quite possible.

Guys I am looking at include Armstrong, Garrick, Bateman, Fainu, Walker

Kris to Armstrong feels like a pretty easy trade. CTR/WFB cover is retained by Strange/Chevy post bye hopefully.

Then May/Gutho can become Bateman/Fainu for some DPP cover in the MID/EDG positions which should cover the byes after 13

Interesting that other are considering Fainu still after last week. I jumped on early and now am questioning how smart that was - but not even close to worth a trade out yet... However, if you are keen there is still room on the leaky Fainu Canoe
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu May 02, 2024 5:19 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

Interesting that other are considering Fainu still after last week. I jumped on early and now am questioning how smart that was - but not even close to worth a trade out yet... However, if you are keen there is still room on the leaky Fainu Canoe
    Yeah it’s risky but the potential is there. Just a bit of a shit game for him with the sinbin being more of a brain fart.

Nothing at all locked in. To be honest with the May news I have no idea what to do
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue May 07, 2024 10:33 pm

Well another tough week for the lads but not horrible and I think I had a rank rise although I’m still sitting at the 30k mark so nothing to really cheer about.

Captaincy on Tohu didn’t pay off at all but to be fair none of the guys that went huge were a consideration so good process, bad result 😜.

Going into this week I think it’s time to get Hynes in, I’ve had enough of death riding him to no avail, probably gets picked for Origin now but oh well. To accommodate the trade I’ll need a couple of dart throws to hit so going to bring in Matterson and Faalogo. At my rank I need to try something less boring and hopefully these two pop off over the next few weeks heading into the big bye. 

So team this week looking like this with 18 trades remaining 😬

May > Hynes
    Salmon > Matterson
    Paps > Faalogo

Grant
    Tohu, Cotter, Plath
    Angus, KPP
    Hynes, Cleary
    Best, Iro
    Turbo, Faalogo, Armstrong

Galvin, Matterson, Brailey, Strange
    Chevy, Hughes, Chan, Cheese

Little loop set up to guard against Cheeses’ injury

Any thoughts appreciated
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed May 08, 2024 6:25 pm

Struggling to come to a conclusion on Hynes or no Hynes. Tough run of 5 games coming up, Storm and Eels probably the easier of the games but both of them away from home. 

Will be buying him at an absolute eye watering price and effects who I bring in with other trades. Already have Cleary but I’m not sure that will help in the long run.

Any thoughts lads and best course of action for a team ranked around 30k?
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Wed May 08, 2024 8:21 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Struggling to come to a conclusion on Hynes or no Hynes. Tough run of 5 games coming up, Storm and Eels probably the easier of the games but both of them away from home. 

Will be buying him at an absolute eye watering price and effects who I bring in with other trades. Already have Cleary but I’m not sure that will help in the long run.

Any thoughts lads and best course of action for a team ranked around 30k?

No Hynes is rough but if you already have Cleary and ranked at 30k I'd go against the grain and hope Cleary outscores him and Hynes also plays Origin...

Most above you will be captaining Hynes every week so you need to do something different to make up ground, don't ruin your squad balance by having both, use the cash to get a strong bench.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Wed May 08, 2024 9:21 pm

Definitely see what Ando is saying and I’d be completely against tearing your team apart for Hynes, but the trades this week aren’t unreasonable at all. I also have Hynes and Cleary and your team looks a lot more balanced than mine… not that that’s worth anything, lol.

Again, I see what Ando is saying, but as someone with a tonne of cash and no one I can see worth spending it on, I personally don’t dislike your plans for the week.

Actually, is Salmon to Matto necessary to fund trades? I don’t think it would be, and I wonder if it’s worth waiting a week on that one for a clearer picture on Matto’s role?
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Wed May 08, 2024 9:31 pm

It feels like your going for the Hail Mary play on first down with five minutes left in the game. What sort of cash are you left with if you did Paps to Faalogo & May to Matterson?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed May 08, 2024 9:36 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:Definitely see what Ando is saying and I’d be completely against tearing your team apart for Hynes, but the trades this week aren’t unreasonable at all. I also have Hynes and Cleary and your team looks a lot more balanced than mine… not that that’s worth anything, lol.

Again, I see what Ando is saying, but as someone with a tonne of cash and no one I can see worth spending it on, I personally don’t dislike your plans for the week.

Actually, is Salmon to Matto necessary to fund trades? I don’t think it would be, and I wonder if it’s worth waiting a week on that one for a clearer picture on Matto’s role?
    Yeah that’s what sort of has me in two minds about this week. I can still make somewhat decent trades while getting Hynes granted Matto/Faalogo do well. But then I can also keep May who should be a good hold over Origin and upgrade some of the deadweight like Salmon/Chan to good scorers.

I’m sure I’ll figure it out though.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed May 08, 2024 9:37 pm

ForanAgainst wrote:It feels like you’re going for the Hail Mary play on first down with five minutes left in the game. What sort of cash are you left with if you did Paps to Faalogo & May to Matterson?
    Those two trades would leave me 636k 💰💰
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Wed May 08, 2024 10:05 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    Those two trades would leave me 636k 💰💰

You could wait and see what final teams for the Bulldogs is like before you make a decision on Salmon. If he’s replaced by Preston, then Bateman could be a decent option. I wouldn’t worry too much about if he’ll get his dual or not. He’ll miss 13, but good for the rest of the Origin period.

If Salmon does start, you look at trading out Chan to Bateman. Still leaves you with a fair chunk of change.

If Bateman isn’t on your radar, have you thought about jumping off Cheese now before he leaks another fair amount of money this week? Or is he part of your round 13 plans? Cheese to JMK?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed May 08, 2024 10:17 pm

I’m ForanAgainst wrote:

You could wait and see what final teams for the Bulldogs is like before you make a decision on Salmon. If he’s replaced by Preston, then Bateman could be a decent option. I wouldn’t worry too much about if he’ll get his dual or not. He’ll miss 13, but good for the rest of the Origin period.

If Salmon does start, you look at trading out Chan to Bateman. Still leaves you with a fair chunk of change.

If Bateman isn’t on your radar, have you thought about jumping off Cheese now before he leaks another fair amount of money this week? Or is he part of your round 13 plans? Cheese to JMK?
    To be honest I’d struck Bateman off when I saw that Ipap was the new lock. Yeah Salmon I’m keen to get rid of, even if he starts again I’m sure Preston takes some time this week. I can’t imagine they do that twice in a row.

Cheese I had planned on holding till 13 along with May and then getting rid off in 14. Just feels like while I’ve got them I better make use of them. JMK I like as a player but hadn’t really looked at anymore HOK options after last weeks Brailey debacle. A quick look at his scores and I’m not sure that’s where I want to spend 680k.

Having money in the bank can be quite the curse at times with so many options.

Not sure if I’ve mention but I’m pretty keen on Fainu for some reason. Just looks to have something about him, a likely looking lad
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue May 14, 2024 9:58 pm

Two cows and one gun this week for a good captaincy score. Sounds so simple

Chevy > Weekes
    Turbo > Cole
    Cleary > Haas

Leaves me with an eye watering 950k in the bank and 15 trades remaining which is a huge worry. 

Grant
    Haas, Cotter, Tohu
    Angus, Matto
    Galvin, Cole
    Best, Iro
    Faalogo, Armstrong, Weekes

KPP, May, Brailey, Plath
    Hughes, Strange, Salmon, Mikaele

Really need to stop trading but with 4 on the Knights bye I’ll be hoping for no injuries/droppings, and to be honest I don’t see that happening ever
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue May 14, 2024 10:11 pm

Round 13

Brailey
    May, Matterson, Mikaele
    KPP, Angus 
    Plath, Cole
    Iro, Strange
    Armstrong, Weekes, ??? 

Hughes

Round 14

Grant*
    Haas*, Cotter*, Tohu
    KPP, Matterson
    Galvin, Cole
    Best*, Iro
    Faalogo, Armstrong, ???

Brailey, Hughes, Mikaele, Salmon

Think I’ve got that about right, so looking at one WFB short in each round but of course R14 will almost certainly have some Origin restings so will have to see how badly that impacts the team.
    According to stats from last year all of them backed up from Origin 1 in some capacity (Best only played Game 3 but backed up)

Fingers crossed is all you can do
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed May 15, 2024 4:00 pm

9 out of 21 the same LB - we are almost sharing the same DNA
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed May 15, 2024 9:52 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:9 out of 21 the same LB - we are almost sharing the same DNA
    I start reducing that number if you know what’s good for ya

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:50 pm