NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 37 - I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Nicho Hynes. Fantasy Gun.

WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 37 - I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Nicho Hynes. Fantasy Gun. - Page 29 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 37 - I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Nicho Hynes. Fantasy Gun.

Post by WT Winfield Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:34 pm

AdobeWanKenobi wrote:

He’d be a different player. My dad coached and knew Tom Learoyd-Lahrs really well. Tom played a small stint for Melbourne at the end of his career and told my dad that he was disappointed he didn’t go to Melbourne earlier in his career as he thought he would genuinely have been an (even) better player had he done so. He said that the whole training set-up is just ridiculous and the personal schedules the coaching staff would set for the players was why players who had previously been mediocre would improve dramatically in Melbourne.

Obligatory post more response

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 37 - I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Nicho Hynes. Fantasy Gun. - Page 29 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 37 - I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Nicho Hynes. Fantasy Gun.

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:35 pm

Seeing how much the titans tanked without Fog makes me wonder how the Raiders would have gone this year if he wasnt injured
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:35 pm

Cleary would handle Fifita by having him cop a mysterious head knock/HIA assessment most weeks at around the 27 min mark. Then play a full second half.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:37 pm

Finch wrote:Fifita BE is only 53. Defo not selling him this week, and barring injury, not selling all year tbh

Yeah all the shuffling around is a pain in the ass, but he's still the second highest averaging EDG so far behind iPap (technically second equal with Curran).

There's a chance Tohu betters that when he comes back and Curran and Friz are basically averaging the same as him, but I'm still pretty confident DiFi will be a top 3-5 averaging edge by season's end. Probably iPap, Tohu, DiFi in that order is my guess, but you probably also want at least one of those two at MID in an ideal final 17, with DiFi and the other at edge. Wouldn't be selling unless we see him fall off a cliff from the bench like Crichton.
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:38 pm

Guys need some last min help on this trade.

Question: Is Yeo worth the extra 100k over Taumalolo (h2h team so don't care about byes)

TU: Yes
    TD: No
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:40 pm

Cheers boys appreciate it
    Jumping Marlin
    Jumping Marlin

Post by Jumping Marlin Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:40 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Serious answer:-

I think hes a better player than hes shown lately.

Its typical of the way i play to keep faith in players longer than others. It sometimes works.

Brimson back to fb im willing to have one more look. Im also not convinced on any of the trade in options.

Likely disaster in 80 mins time haha

Its fantasy and who cares answer:-
    "YOLO"

Thanks. I had planned Walters/Sexton to Hastings/Jazz. Thought I had done Walters to Jazz last night but just realised I’d done Walters to Hastings instead.

My YOLO thinking was to still get Jazz despite Tohu back earlier. But that’s the stupid kind of trade that I regret. I can’t imagine Sexton going well in a team that’s likely to get flogged tonight so that’s swaying my thinking too. Now I find myself wondering about Cody. Hmm.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:41 pm

Absolute worse team to bring Fifi off the bench against! How many points can you score from under your own points in 60 minutes

This game unlikely to help Fifi have a better 60 minute burst, but other better games might follow
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:46 pm

Nearly in Gosford
    Weiland
    Weiland

Post by Weiland Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:48 pm

I guess Fantasy Related but Chris Kennedy left NRL.com today, which will significantly hurt the fantasy coverage on that site. Not sure who'll be Lone Scout now.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:49 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:Nearly in Gosford
    Reckon Tass sticks around mate?
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:51 pm

C'arn the tits

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 37 - I'd like to introduce myself. My name is Nicho Hynes. Fantasy Gun. - Page 29 Pxl_2020
    Ozymandias
    Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:53 pm

AdobeWanKenobi wrote:

He’d be a different player. My dad coached and knew Tom Learoyd-Lahrs really well. Tom played a small stint for Melbourne at the end of his career and told my dad that he was disappointed he didn’t go to Melbourne earlier in his career as he thought he would genuinely have been an (even) better player had he done so. He said that the whole training set-up is just ridiculous and the personal schedules the coaching staff would set for the players (which he was shocked by, even as an elite level player) was why players who had previously been mediocre would improve dramatically in Melbourne.

It's like the GB Olympic Cycling team under Dave Brailsford. They coined a phrase - The aggregation of marginal gains - everything you do is done to the best of the team's ability, little 1% gains here and there, adding up to an unbeatable overall performance.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:53 pm

OK all. This is my first ever time owning Clearly coming up.

I am sure, if any past form is to be a guide, he is going to tank. It is the ultimate death ride

Last edited by The Dolphin Conspiracies on Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:54 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:

Yeah all the shuffling around is a pain in the ass, but he's still the second highest averaging EDG so far behind iPap (technically second equal with Curran).

There's a chance Tohu betters that when he comes back and Curran and Friz are basically averaging the same as him, but I'm still pretty confident DiFi will be a top 3-5 averaging edge by season's end. Probably iPap, Tohu, DiFi in that order is my guess, but you probably also want at least one of those two at MID in an ideal final 17, with DiFi and the other at edge. Wouldn't be selling unless we see him fall off a cliff from the bench like Crichton.
    After reading this..... I'll hold for now.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:55 pm

Ozymandias wrote:

It's like the GB Olympic Cycling team under Dave Brailsford. They coined a phrase - The aggregation of marginal gains - everything you do is done to the best of the team's ability, little 1% gains here and there, adding up to an unbeatable overall performance.

GB rowing coach who got the hook because he was too harsh after some of the younger generation complained. Then failed to win single medal in a sport that they were the No1 for so, so long.

Some coaches know what is required to be the best, vast majority do not.
    FalconSloth
    FalconSloth

Post by FalconSloth Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:56 pm

Weiland wrote:I guess Fantasy Related but Chris Kennedy left NRL.com today, which will significantly hurt the fantasy coverage on that site. Not sure who'll be Lone Scout now.
    I remember the glory days when I first started when they would do their analysis videos and Q & As. It has dropped off and must be very tough for newcomers to get some idea of who to pick if they aren’t creative enough to look online.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:58 pm

I am dreaming of a Titans win today.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:00 pm

Weiland wrote:I guess Fantasy Related but Chris Kennedy left NRL.com today, which will significantly hurt the fantasy coverage on that site. Not sure who'll be Lone Scout now.

I think Dom Brock was Scout and he left last year? Kennedy probably took over that as well. Brock sent him a "congrats on getting out" message too, all is not well, lol. https://twitter.com/Dom_Brock/status/1519944427544117249?s=20&t=Tuw7W5cK9T5Y5aBCGEERfg
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:00 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:I am dreaming of a Titans win today.

You really are dreaming

Current date/time is Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:47 am