NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 42 - Tofu Haggis

wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 42 - Tofu Haggis - Page 26 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 42 - Tofu Haggis

Post by wolfking Thu May 12, 2022 2:20 am

my tv broke wrote:

reckon he still does most of hte in play kicking tbh. we will see.

ok need an avatar bet or something. i would say hynes still dominates kick metres for hte sharks (over 60%?) .. anyone against ?

No, I think 60% is a safe bet.
    Chucky
    Chucky

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 42 - Tofu Haggis - Page 26 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 42 - Tofu Haggis

Post by Chucky Thu May 12, 2022 2:21 am

Reklaw wrote:I see a few swapping Papy to Turbo, do those already have Teddy? If we are ignoring the origin factor how can Turbo be more appealing?
    I’m with you on this.
    Turbo will not back up after origin. That’s at least 4 games he misses.
    Teddy is a far greater chance of backing up.

Post by Guest Thu May 12, 2022 2:21 am

mrbrownstone wrote:

I'll move him on if he starts averaging under 25 for a decent period. I'm taking 33 with a high ceiling and not wasting a trade at centre everyday.

Depends who you own
    I currently have talakai,May and Koula at centre

Trading Tago let’s me move May back to ctr from wfb and his spot get taken by Tom trbo for a small fee
    I prefer May with his dpp, Koula is cheap cover and then there is talakai

He was a great buy, provided solid points and cash but would be a waste sitting at 18th man or playing at EDG over Fermor/TPJ

It is what it is, preferring to take 3 weeks of trbo (bye) and 1 week of Koula vs 4 of tago

It’s not always black and white

Last edited by Boozecluez on Thu May 12, 2022 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu May 12, 2022 2:22 am

wolfking wrote:

75% then heh

Post by Guest Thu May 12, 2022 2:24 am

wolfking wrote:

So Russian roulette with 2 bullets?

Off to watch deer hunter
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Thu May 12, 2022 2:35 am

Chucky wrote:
    I’m with you on this.
    Turbo will not back up after origin. That’s at least 4 games he misses.
    Teddy is a far greater chance of backing up.

I don't think either of them back up more than once at best, and most likely both miss 4 games (R13,14,17,18)

Ponga may not back up either but the games he would back up in are also his two hardest matchups anyway (R14 vs Penrith, R18 vs Manly) so if he misses them it's not a huge deal

For Teddy, the games he would miss are R14 vs Storm and R18 vs Dragons

For Turbo, the games he would miss are R14 vs Tigers and R18 vs Knights
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Thu May 12, 2022 2:48 am

Been off the forum for about a week now - all the pre-TLT love for Meaney dried up?
    Everyone on here seems to be boosting Teddy & Turbo - which I do get, if the decision was in a vacuum, but they are both locked in to play SOO, they will both miss at least one extra game and the chances of injury come in to play as well. 
    As I've already picked up Ponga, I just can't run with 2 SOO fullbacks.
    Meaney should score well and make some cash. Handcuff to Pappy and trade him after Rd.17.
    My bigger question is what to do with my second trade - I've looked at Grant / Burton / TPJ, 
    can afford any of them but really unsure as to which one scores the most over the next 4 rounds. 
    Grant - higher average, misses 13, SOO.
    Burton - keeper centre, turning the corner with his scoring, possible 14 for SOO, but even then that won't be huge minutes. Plays 13
    TPJ - DPP Edge/Middle, no SOO, plays 13, strengthens Edge position, bin risk.

Anyone want to try to sway one way or the other?
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Thu May 12, 2022 2:58 am

The Bludger#2 wrote:Been off the forum for about a week now - all the pre-TLT love for Meaney dried up?
    Everyone on here seems to be boosting Teddy & Turbo - which I do get, if the decision was in a vacuum, but they are both locked in to play SOO, they will both miss at least one extra game and the chances of injury come in to play as well. 
    Meaney should score well and make some cash. Handcuff to Pappy and trade him after Rd.17.
    My bigger question is what to do with my second trade - I've looked at Grant / Burton / TPJ, 
    can afford any of them but really unsure as to which one scores the most over the next 4 rounds. 
    Burton - keeper centre, turning the corner with his scoring, possible 14 for SOO, but even then that won't be huge minutes. Plays 13

In terms of value + points potential, think Burton is the play here. His price will also rise a lot more, so TPJ could still be a pick up at a similar price in Round 13. Burton is also comfortably a top 3 CTR option, while TPJ has plenty of MID or EDG ahead of him for your final team
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu May 12, 2022 2:59 am

The Bludger#2 wrote:Been off the forum for about a week now - all the pre-TLT love for Meaney dried up?

TPJ scores the most R10-13 IMO. I don't think that's close. But Burton is 100k cheaper, amd depending on your DPP situation, could indirectly cover the loss of Papy. If you want to miss Teddy/Turbo for Origin, not sure you can justify Grant, who will have minutes managed in the very least.
    Reklaw
    Reklaw

Post by Reklaw Thu May 12, 2022 3:00 am

mattnz wrote:
    Did you watch him play last season?
    Also less impacted by TB nerf.

Yes, I did watch him have a historic season last year and not picking him up was the main reason I sucked. Have you watched him this season? Of the 15 games last year he scored under 50 once! Of his five games this year, he's scored under 50 three times. I've watched him start slow this season, I've also watched him just miss the last four weeks. Hell, I even watched him miss two of the three back up games after origin last year.

All I'm saying is buying him two weeks before origin seems like odd timing, you'll get him for 3 less games over the next 8 weeks stacked against any non-origin player playing the first or second bye. I hope he goes back to his 80+ average for you.

B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Thu May 12, 2022 3:00 am

This weekend is going to be a shit show. 

It is absolutely pissing down and the worst isn't even here yet.

Massive band of rain out west slowly moving towards the coast.

Every chance Suncorp ends up flooding by the end of the weekend if it keeps up then there will def be no games.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Thu May 12, 2022 3:10 am

Boozecluez wrote:

Depends who you own
    I currently have talakai,May and Koula at centre

Trading Tago let’s me move May back to ctr from wfb and his spot get taken by Tom trbo for a small fee
    I prefer May with his dpp, Koula is cheap cover and then there is talakai

He was a great buy, provided solid points and cash but would be a waste sitting at 18th man or playing at EDG over Fermor/TPJ

It is what it is, preferring to take 3 weeks of trbo (bye) and 1 week of Koula vs 4 of tago

It’s not always black and white

Yeah fair enough in that situation, never entirely black and white as you say. I only have Tago, Penis, Crichton and Koula as CTR options (the latter two required at WFB this week) so feel unless I'm trading to Aitken, anyone else I'd trade to is either peaked (Talakai, May) suspended/injured (Gagai, Ramien) or a 2-3 point upgrade at best (Manu, Burton, Mulitalo, Graham).
    Tommy_gun
    Tommy_gun

Post by Tommy_gun Thu May 12, 2022 3:14 am

The predicted weather is making me go a bit cold on Turbo. Thinking McInnnes might be the play..means having to run May, Koula and Hynes at wfb for one week
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Thu May 12, 2022 3:14 am

Bethany_B wrote:

I don't think either of them back up more than once at best, and most likely both miss 4 games (R13,14,17,18)

Ponga may not back up either but the games he would back up in are also his two hardest matchups anyway (R14 vs Penrith, R18 vs Manly) so if he misses them it's not a huge deal

For Teddy, the games he would miss are R14 vs Storm and R18 vs Dragons

For Turbo, the games he would miss are R14 vs Tigers and R18 vs Knights
    I can’t pick Ponga.
    The bloke has no heart.
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Thu May 12, 2022 3:15 am

Reklaw wrote:

Yes, I did watch him have a historic season last year and not picking him up was the main reason I sucked. Have you watched him this season? Of the 15 games last year he scored under 50 once! Of his five games this year, he's scored under 50 three times. I've watched him start slow this season, I've also watched him just miss the last four weeks. Hell, I even watched him miss two of the three back up games after origin last year.

All I'm saying is buying him two weeks before origin seems like odd timing, you'll get him for 3 less games over the next 8 weeks stacked against any non-origin player playing the first or second bye. I hope he goes back to his 80+ average for you.

I agree, I can't bring myself to trade in Turbo or Teddy with the games they will miss over origin so near.

I'm struggling with what WFB to bring in. To'o was rested for rd14 last year (but maybe since he missed games with injury this season he wont be this year?). Ponga likely to have rest as well. Not sure about Walsh's potential injury niggle and what role he has origin wise. And all the non-origin options basically suck unless you're willing to punt on Meaney getting enough weeks.

Maybe May is a good shout...
    poisoncup
    poisoncup

Post by poisoncup Thu May 12, 2022 3:26 am

There was a game earlier in the year where everyone took the C off Hynes because they were worried about how he'd go in the rain. Think he ended up scoring 84 despite the terrible conditions. Just saying...
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Thu May 12, 2022 3:30 am

Chucky wrote:
    I can’t pick Ponga.
    The bloke has no heart.

He's seen the Wizard and got that sorted
    Grouse
    Grouse

Post by Grouse Thu May 12, 2022 3:30 am

poisoncup wrote:There was a game earlier in the year where everyone took the C off Hynes because they were worried about how he'd go in the rain. Think he ended up scoring 84 despite the terrible conditions. Just saying...
    Wasn't playing fullback that game though.
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Thu May 12, 2022 3:33 am

poisoncup wrote:There was a game earlier in the year where everyone took the C off Hynes because they were worried about how he'd go in the rain. Think he ended up scoring 84 despite the terrible conditions. Just saying...

84 vs Eels just checked video on NRL dot com and fine as conditions
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Thu May 12, 2022 3:36 am

Chucky wrote:
    I can’t pick Ponga.
    The bloke has no heart.

He's been trying his guts out the last couple weeks, putting his body on the line in defence and looking for the ball in attack.

His team got done by 40 the last 2 weeks against the Cowboys and Storm but that wasn't anything to do with Ponga's effort, he looked like he was doing everything he could (and still scored 40 and 44 in fantasy)

Current date/time is Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:36 pm