NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 7 - Game day!!!!!

Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 7 - Game day!!!!! - Page 8 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 7 - Game day!!!!!

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:22 am

ShadowSabre wrote:Sorry to be this guy but:

TU: Doueihi 2nd half + Teddy/Warbrick/TMM at WFB
    TD: Boyd 2nd half + Teddy/Warbrick/Latrell at WFB

TMM goes to EMG in the later scenario

Cheers!

Having both Teddy and Latrell in WFB may be overkill - but if you are happy with the rest of your team then go for it.

Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 7 - Game day!!!!! - Page 8 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 7 - Game day!!!!!

Post by Snatchpato Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:23 am

Just took a look at To'o and he might be a fair bit undervalued..

Can anyone confirm whether he's playing out on the left edge? I think I prefer him out there. Priced at 39 and I can feel him comfortably scoring in the mid 40s..

Alternatively I'll just go Suaalii like the rest of ya.
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:24 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Welch and HSS or
    Sutton and Suaalii

Didn’t realise Thompson could be out for so long. Surely Sutton can tick along nicely in that 13 role

It's gone from 6 months/season to not that bad 8 weeks and Sutton is prop though he has some historical good scores at prop but playing big minutes. Will he get big minutes? I just downgraded Sutton to Uto and 250k to Ford so I'm nervous about losing him
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:25 am

Snatchpato wrote:Just took a look at To'o and he might be a fair bit undervalued..

Can anyone confirm whether he's playing out on the left edge? I think I prefer him out there. Priced at 39 and I can feel him comfortably scoring in the mid 40s..

Alternatively I'll just go Suaalii like the rest of ya.

Fuck's sake, thought Suaalii was my pod punt a few pages ago.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:26 am

Loomer wrote:
    Holzman wrote:Seems like as we get closer to game day people are getting nervous and cooling on the super cheap back 5.

TU: Carrigan CNK I.Thompson
    TD: Blore Drinkwater Sualii

do have a third option as not super keen on Sualii

which is Garner Drinkwater I.Thompson but it requires Doorey to AKP

There's tweet saying Blore will split edge minutes with Kepaoa so that plus Bateman back soon I'm out. BA has basically said Doorey will play 80 at some stage of season but not to start so I'm looking at maybe getting a better cheapie forward getting minutes off bench or even Carty Party of Trindall gamble

If you get Doorey its a longer term play. Hold him until close to origin and then trade him to someone who has had a bye. If he builds to 80 it'll be a slow burn. Barring injury he is going to make cash. Also, despite being boring, he does introduce more pun opportunities around his name then any player since Payne Haas

If you go for the Carty Party you are hoping for a couple of big scores in the first few weeks and then trade out before he gets benched (which might be 3 weeks, or might be 2 months) More cash, faster, but more risk attached.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:28 am

What are people doing with Suaalii on round 4. Assuming you have Cheese, and maybe Egan butcher (Tedesco?)

Also, did anyone look at his CTR average before deciding to punt on him? or are you just assuming he's older and with more experience and that means more points?
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:32 am

Milchcow wrote:What are people doing with Suaalii on round 4. Assuming you have Cheese, and maybe Egan butcher (Tedesco?)

Also, did anyone look at his CTR average before deciding to punt on him? or are you just assuming he's older and with more experience and that means more points?

Trading him to Bird. If he sucks like he did in the trial have cash to do it straight away. If he scores nicely can wait until R4. If he goes ballistic and has a BE of minus 10 then will have to figure out another way to get Bird but won't exactly be unhappy about it.
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:32 am

RandomSil wrote:

While I see your point, Smith isn't meant to be a cashcow in terms of money making. He is that budget midranger that will make some cash and score well for the first 3 weeks and will be about $600k to upgrade week 4 if there is someone who had a slow start to the season.

You don't buy out and out guns for their money making potential, you want some stability in your squad.

To this point, I too have just removed Smith and 'upgraded' him E.Butcher who I think has higher upside (also slightly cheaper).
    In that sense, I see no issue with ditching Smith considering all the talent available...
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:32 am

Milchcow wrote:What are people doing with Suaalii on round 4. Assuming you have Cheese, and maybe Egan butcher (Tedesco?)

I'll have E Butcher, Cheese, and Tedesco... I would hope none are trade outs at that point. So just hoping to put 17 on the park really.. but a few of those won't be great.

Nrl4Life
    Nrl4Life

Post by Nrl4Life Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:35 am

I've Talau to play there. Carty can play for EButcher and Boyd for Cheese
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:35 am

Lads! Thanks for the preseason goldmine this place is you bunch of degenerates. Big fan of your work

Firstly let me give a little before I take. Calves have the 2nd highest re-injury rate of any muscle (after hammies) and 2 weeks seemingly from injury to 2nd game is bare minimum, especially if not running yet. If I had to bet I'm betting sharks play it safe and he misses 2 weeks given they play friday next week, and he returns week 3. Still makes the trindall call for me an odd one

Not sure if I can give insight on anyone else? Very tempted by hodgo by team team is already middie as piss and i'm currently giving him a week or 2 and cheese may become him or garner at any moment because i'm flaky

Because of all your good work I feel I have lots of players i'm confident will be undervalued, but struggling to prioritise. I play largely for H2H so cash making is a big plus, but I enjoy doing well overall and trying to keep up with you lot too.

Team is currently

Cheese
    Carrigan Sutton Hopgood (VC for the week)
    Storm Storm
    (C)leary What's Douehing
    Alimony Thompson
    CNK Miller TMM

Tapine Butcher Boyd Garner

Warbrick Doorey Katoa Preston

282itb

Points of contention -

Back 5 is honking.

Where to spend the money - plan currently is if warbrick scores ok at 18 then I turn TMM into walsh as I like him. Could alternatively be ponga but hard to trust my knights sadly. Grow a pair and pick ponga?

Only 4 out and out guns

Currently no centre cover so probably preston becomes talau and keep an eye on role

Please offer some wisdom as I'm very indecisive. Thanks in advance
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:37 am

Milchcow wrote:round 4.

Nrl4Life wrote:
    Carty can play for EButcher

hehe

Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:39 am

Which Butcher?

@ Ponga
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:39 am

my tv broke wrote:

I'll have E Butcher, Cheese, and Tedesco... I would hope none are trade outs at that point. So just hoping to put 17 on the park really.. but a few of those won't be great.

I've had Latrell in a lot of my planning, but thinking of switching to Tedesco. If he's killing it by the time his bye comes around, then that's great, just play whoever I have that week.

If not, he's an easy trade to Walsh or Turbo, or a sideways trade to Latrell.

Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:40 am

my tv broke wrote:I really need to see a 'training the house down' article on UTO.

here you go

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-02-08/stefano-utoikamanu-wests-tigers/101942922

(I don't really trust the big mins thing.........)
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:41 am

@Ponga Yeo the mann

You're right about very midrangey, I'd say youre a gun shy at minimum compared to most. But you have cash to jump on the better cashcows from the start. I'd just be worried about dropping too many games early from H2H standpoint.

I also agree a swap of Preston who is on the bench to Talau or Hammer would make sense for better cover depth as well. Though not super confident about either
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:42 am

Fuck it I have gone off Cheese as well, I have too many roosters as it is for the bye in round 4. Here is hoping Sutton/Uto whoever I choose can post scores around 50 points.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:46 am

UV: Sutton
    DV: Uto
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:47 am

Showbag wrote:Thoughts on going Schoup at Centre instead of Sualli and then upgrading Robson to Grant?

Schoups the one I want to, but it's purely gut feel.. do like his size and running style. But u have to throw a few dollars at it and squeezes the team elsewhere.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:47 am

Can someone with a good memory tell me where Brandon Smith played in this game?

https://www.footystatistics.com/matches.php?m=1111150&year=2022

He is listed at hooker, but Harry grant was halfback, and Tyran Wishart played off the bench. i am too lazy to go watch the game again to try work it out

I think this game is half the reason why people are flaky on Cheese. Its one of the few recent non-injury games where he hasn't scored well at hooker.

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:11 am