NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 7 - Game day!!!!!

Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 7 - Game day!!!!! - Page 25 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 7 - Game day!!!!!

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:29 pm

Snatchpato wrote:Pretty sure he said it on NRL360 the other day. "Word around the shire" seems like something an uncool person would say trying to be cool, even if it means they are making up facts.

Regardless, welcome to the team Tricky.

"Word around the shire" is probably just the same dodgy facebook post and "body langauage article" that half of us already assume is true (more because we want Trindall to be viable than any other reason)
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 7 - Game day!!!!! - Page 25 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 7 - Game day!!!!!

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:29 pm

Any feedback please

Hodgson
    Carrigan Murray tapine
    Blore hopgood
    Cleary Hastings
    Staggs Alamoti
    Warbrick Miller perham

Smith boyd uto sutton
    Trindall Ford HSS Preston
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:30 pm

Camo123 wrote:

The actual article is just opinion by Hooper

"The talk around the Shire". Assume James lives around there, because he ain't driving down that way to hear this talk.

But yeah, from Loftus to Kurnell, all they are talking about is how poor Hynes calf is torn asunder. Scott from Lilli Pilli was heard to say "it's fucked, so torn it looks like it's been through a cheese grater"
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Post by Cap'n Ranta Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:30 pm

I have a team.

Not sure I love it but that’s what last minute planning will do for you.

BSmith
    Hopgood Haas Carrigan
    EButcher EKatoa
    DCE Boyd
    Bird* Alamoti
    Ponga TTurbo Walsh*

Garner, Uto, Loiero, Trindall** (or Preston)
    Doorey, Thompson, Warbrick, IKatoa

*Obviously Thompson and Warbrick are playing this week. **Trindall/Preston was my last pick as I only have 20k left.

Think Ponga is underrated. Cheaper than we got Hynes last year. Not projecting the same result but the upside is being largely ignored. Also removes Miller as a consideration as I don’t trust the knights to provide lots of high scoring value.

No Cleary sucks but will look to fix that post bye. DCE is a value play for me.

For balance I’d love to get a cheaper WFB in. But I can’t, really all 3 are players I love to watch which is how I’m justifying it. Logically I should drop one for CNK or Perham. Just doesn’t seem as fun and seems a lot weaker. (Though it would find Cleary).

Hoping with Bird I’m ahead of the curve. Same goes for turbo rd2 bye and Walsh rd1 bye.

Basically I see this backfiring spectacularly but thought I’d share something a little different.

robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:32 pm

Anyway, I have BMM so can wait until 7pm Sat to hear something more concrete. Would probably want 3 weeks for a smash and grab. But then I've also got 2 Panthers, 2 Roosters, 2 Titans, so need an immediate replacement.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:32 pm

For me, if Trindall does get 2 to 3 weeks, it will make it easier to cover DCE at HLF next week.

Milch really threw a spanner in the works earlier today. I stepped him back to Douehi but I'm just not sure on it.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:32 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:Any feedback please

Hodgson
    Carrigan Murray tapine
    Blore hopgood
    Cleary Hastings
    Staggs Alamoti
    Warbrick Miller perham

Smith boyd uto sutton
    Trindall to outscore Uto imo
    Also low on edge cover. Consider Hodgson to EButcher and then Smith can go into the HOK and Blore come back into your reserves with Uto back into the INT? Just something to consider
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:32 pm

my tv broke wrote:The problem with James Hooper is that he is often wrong.

But yolo
    Id say being a total wanker is worse
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:32 pm

Cap'n Ranta wrote:I have a team.

Not sure I love it but that’s what last minute planning will do for you.

BSmith
    Hopgood Haas Carrigan
    EButcher EKatoa
    DCE Boyd
    Bird* Alamoti
    Ponga TTurbo Walsh*

Garner, Uto, Loiero, Trindall** (or Preston)
    Doorey, Thompson, Warbrick, IKatoa

*Obviously Thompson and Warbrick are playing this week. **Trindall/Preston was my last pick as I only have 20k left.

Think Ponga is underrated. Cheaper than we got Hynes last year. Not projecting the same result but the upside is being largely ignored. Also removes Miller as a consideration as I don’t trust the knights to provide lots of high scoring value.

No Cleary sucks but will look to fix that post bye. DCE is a value play for me.

For balance I’d love to get a cheaper WFB in. But I can’t, really all 3 are players I love to watch which is how I’m justifying it. Logically I should drop one for CNK or Perham. Just doesn’t seem as fun and seems a lot weaker. (Though it would find Cleary).

Hoping with Bird I’m ahead of the curve. Same goes for turbo rd2 bye and Walsh rd1 bye.

Basically I see this backfiring spectacularly but thought I’d share something a little different.

I've personally been on and off Ponga for ages... Difference between him and Hynes is that Hynes was going to play half-back, and a kick A LOT next to Moylan, in a team that turned into a top 4 side. Ponga is going to play five-eight next to a bloke that does a fair chunk of kicking, in a bottom 4 side.
    syn13
    syn13

Post by syn13 Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:33 pm

slightly off-topic and irrelevant, but for the umpteenth year in a row, i would like to have a small whinge about fanhub using square pictures in circle frames, and also trimming the pics so that everyone's arms are cut weirdly and it looks awful, when the full pictures as seen in the player profiles would have no problems fitting inside the frame they use and actually fill it out properly Rant
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:33 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:Any feedback please

Hodgson
    Carrigan Murray tapine
    Blore hopgood
    Cleary Hastings
    Staggs Alamoti
    Warbrick Miller perham

Smith boyd uto sutton

Why have Ford and not play him? Surely start over Blore?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:33 pm

Krump wrote:
    Id say being a total wanker is worse

What does me being a total wanker have to do with Hoop's not being able to get a scoop right.
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

Post by mintotheimmortal Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:34 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Hynes serious injury is only copying other rumours. I'm definitely running Trindall anyway. If he have to sideways trade him to another cheapie next week then that is not a terrible outcome. And if he gets 2-3 week sin my team then its a great outcome

Agreed mate, I have a strong feeling if bird is the 13 then BMM will start on an edge and be a perfect swap if any cheapie doesnt fire or something goes wrong.
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:34 pm

syn13 wrote:slightly off-topic and irrelevant, but for the umpteenth year in a row, i would like to have a small whinge about fanhub using square pictures in circle frames, and also trimming the pics so that everyone's arms are cut weirdly and it looks awful, when the full pictures as seen in the player profiles would have no problems fitting inside the frame they use and actually fill it out properly Rant  

Annoys me every year how long they take to update player pictures as well.

All clubs have a media day where they take their headshots, action shots, team video etc. for the year ahead - usually in Jan/Feb. Can't be that hard to update it
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:34 pm

Shady2K wrote:

Why have Ford and not play him? Surely start over Blore?

Big fan of blore, literally only reason,
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:35 pm

I have come up with an overly complicated plan to have a look at Warbrick's score tonight and make some moves if it's decent.

Tricky Trindall will be involved but Tommy Talau gets to watch from the sidelines.

What could possibly go wrong?? jocolor
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:37 pm

Snatchpato wrote:
    Trindall to outscore Uto imo
    Also low on edge cover. Consider Hodgson to EButcher and then Smith can go into the HOK and Blore come back into your reserves with Uto back into the INT? Just something to consider

I think plan is to change one of uto or Sutton to the best of garner, katoa, loiero, next week as couldn’t make mind up on which edge I liked, also there’s a chance Preston blows my socks off

The trindall one is tricky, appreciate the feedback
    Grouse
    Grouse

Post by Grouse Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:39 pm

Team done... I think.

Cook
    Murray Haas Tapine
    Katoa Loiero
    Cleary Boyd
    HSS Alamoti
    Perham Miller Warbrick

Smith Hopgood Garner Trindall
    Ford Doorey Talau Katoa

9k ITB.

Bring on the fantasy year.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:40 pm

Grouse wrote:Team done... I think.

Cook
    Murray Haas Tapine
    Katoa Loiero
    Cleary Boyd
    HSS Alamoti
    Perham Miller Warbrick

Smith Hopgood Garner Trindall
    Ford Doorey Talau Katoa

9k ITB.

Bring on the fantasy year.

Like a lot
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:41 pm

syn13 wrote:slightly off-topic and irrelevant, but for the umpteenth year in a row, i would like to have a small whinge about fanhub using square pictures in circle frames, and also trimming the pics so that everyone's arms are cut weirdly and it looks awful, when the full pictures as seen in the player profiles would have no problems fitting inside the frame they use and actually fill it out properly Rant  

I'd also like to say that in Teddy's photo, he looks like he's really disappointed in you.

Current date/time is Sun Sep 08, 2024 11:51 am