NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 31 - So many trade out options, but no trade in ones

Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 31 - So many trade out options, but no trade in ones - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 31 - So many trade out options, but no trade in ones

Post by Bethany_B Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:26 pm

Snatchpato wrote:Nevermind Origin falls on the Wednesday after rounds 13/17/19 so Yeo would likely miss rounds 14/18/20 as well anyway. Probably a no go.

Origin 1 is on the Wednesday between round 13 and 14, the Panthers play on the Sunday at 6:15pm (4 day turnaround)

Origin 2 is on the Wednesday between round 16 and 17, the Panthers play on the Saturday at 5:30pm (3 day turnaround)

Origin 3 is on the Wednesday between round 19 and 20, the Panthers play on the Sunday at 4:05pm (4 day turnaround)

Looking at last year, Yeo got rested in both post-Origin rounds (14 and 18), so there's a good chance he does get rested at least once, most likely after game 2.

Honestly, I think Yeo is fine to have over Origin as long as you think he backs up 2/3 of those post-Origin weeks, then he only misses two extra games (round 16 and whichever one of the three he rests in). Yeo is better to have over Origin than someone like Murray with the bye in round 20, and about even with someone like Haas (who has byes in rounds 16 and 19).

That said, the main risk of Origin players is if they get a category 1 concussion, since then they miss two weeks (really four since they'd miss e.g. 13,14,15,16), so if you do carry guys like Yeo, Haas or Murray over Origin, be ready to sell them immediately if they get concussed.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 31 - So many trade out options, but no trade in ones - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 31 - So many trade out options, but no trade in ones

Post by Aardvark Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:29 pm

SoylentGreen wrote:

It was just an observation. I'm looking at buying another high priced centre from a crap team and was just surprised that his average is almost 60.

He feels like the archetypal streaky player, although this streak seems to have a decent tail on it
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:29 pm

Contrastinghobby wrote:

In other 'trade in' news, someone made the top 15 list this week

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 31 - So many trade out options, but no trade in ones - Page 49 Croker10

Yeah that was all my alts giving the king the reception he deserves
    Holzman
    Holzman

Post by Holzman Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:32 pm

Already done Hopgood to Teddy. I have 195k in the bank and really not sure what to do with it.

I'm a head-to-head player so don't care about byes.

Robson
    Haas Murray Carrigan
    Cleary Reynolds
    Bird Alomoti
    Teddy Miller Sloan

Ford Cartright Preston I.Katoa

Warbrick, K. Nikorima, ITT, Talau

Issues are 17 and then Sloan and Alomoti in the 14.

Sloane to To'o was one option. Could get Walsh but then I need a 3rd trade.
    Reynolds ITT to Hynes Hazleton but then im running Sloane and Warbrick each week and lost my bank

Alomoti to Penisini/Holmes

Cartright Sloane to S.Luke and then a super gun in Grant Yeo

or just do nothing
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:33 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Yeah that was all my alts giving the king the reception he deserves

One of the fantasy youtube channels were saying they expected Croker to be dropped for Kris when Savage returns.

I can't personally see that happening, with Croker coming back as captain and goal kicker in a strong performance, probably sees Kris return on the bench, covering CTR, EDG and fullback.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:36 pm

Holzman wrote:Already done Hopgood to Teddy. I have 195k in the bank and really not sure what to do with it.

I'm a head-to-head player so don't care about byes.

Robson
    Haas Murray Carrigan  
    Cleary Reynolds
    Bird Alomoti
    Teddy Miller Sloan

Ford Cartright Preston I.Katoa

Warbrick, K. Nikorima, ITT, Talau

Issues are 17 and then Sloan and Alomoti in the 14.

Sloane to To'o was one option. Could get Walsh but then I need a 3rd trade.
    Reynolds ITT to Hynes Hazleton but then im running Sloane and Warbrick each week and lost my bank

Alomoti to Penisini/Holmes

Cartright Sloane to S.Luke and then a super gun in Grant Yeo

or just do nothing

Carty still has $100k to make and has the best bye schedule.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:40 pm

mattnz wrote:

One of the fantasy youtube channels were saying they expected Croker to be dropped for Kris when Savage returns.

I can't personally see that happening, with Croker coming back as captain and goal kicker in a strong performance, probably sees Kris return on the bench, covering CTR, EDG and fullback.

Wasn't Savage named on the wing in the NSW cup?

Post by Guest Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:50 pm

Snatchpato wrote:Nevermind Origin falls on the Wednesday after rounds 13/17/19 so Yeo would likely miss rounds 14/18/20 as well anyway. Probably a no go.

Yeo is a really good shout, looked at him quite a lot to start the season, owned him last season and he’s just so bloody good even fantasy aside.
    The byes are actually very favourable and if I had the coin he’d be in, depends on your bank balance I suppose but he’s a bit like Haas in that there’s never a bad time to own him.

Post by Guest Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:51 pm

Honey Badger wrote:

Hopefully they pass Warbrick the ball...

Stats say he won’t get the ball in attacking 20 for at least another two games.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:54 pm

Chewie wrote:

No need to be sorry, I'm a big advocate of daytime GIFs... or ANYtime GIFs for that matter

Spoiler:

I get tired of hiding them, it takes away from the impact of a well placed gif.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:54 pm

Milchcow wrote:

I've now traded him out twice in 12 months due to scores not being good enough

I know his role constantly changes, and he's had some injury concerns this year, but he has a lot of sub35 scores playing 50+ minutes in the last 2 years.
    More poor scores than good.

At some point he'll get cheap enough, and go on a run of big scores to make it worthwhile, but its not necessarily easy to predict when that will happen. Is it worth getting 3 weeks of 60s if there are 4 weeks of 32 around that

At some point you have to accept players aren't as good as you want them to be. Is Brandon Smith at that point yet?

I can't believe you are coming at my boy Spencer Leniu like that
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:54 pm

Chewie wrote:

Wasn't Savage named on the wing in the NSW cup?

Just checked, and yep. Must be getting some game time before returning to first grade. Kris has been pretty bad at fullback, so can't see him keeping Savage out of the team after their bye.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:56 pm

Revraiser wrote:

I get tired of hiding them, it takes away from the impact of a well placed gif.

I understand, I feel your pain Crying or Very sad
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:57 pm

mattnz wrote:

Just checked, and yep. Must be getting some game time before returning to first grade. Kris has been pretty bad at fullback, so can't see him keeping Savage out of the team after their bye.

The question is: why wouldn't they play him at fullback in the NSW cup?
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:59 pm

I changed my trades last night.

Thoughts

Hynes is too expensive and chews up too much coin (as I already have Cleary) Two captains is too many and creates more problems than it solves.

It pays to be wise with the 717 k that is invested in Hopgood. If that values declines it wont be by too much and I will have a better sense of where it needs to fall next week.

The major priority problem at the moment is having four Dolphins and two base price Dolphins halves and two Warrior MIDS. This is the most likely factor the screw me in coming weeks.

Brailey and Te Maire Martin need to go - no need to have them sticking around. The cost of ownership here is worse than anything I will loose from holding Hopgood

Trades

J Brailey ==> Crossland (I will play him as my 2nd half until he gets DPP and hope for the best)
    Martin ==> Walsh/Miller (I think Miller is better with goal kicking but Walsh is also a gun - the extra cash Walsh offers may be the difference)
    I Katoa ==> Leo Thomson (has money to make - reliable - and solves my problems at MID. Facilitates trading Hopgood to a GUN Hooker without worrying about cover for MID next week - wont play origin and has money to make - unfashionable but a wise selection)

Last edited by The Dolphin Conspiracies on Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:00 pm

british88 wrote:

I sure am lol, perhaps croker - also only playing h2h

Post more
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:00 pm

Jumping Marlin wrote:Bringing in a WFB to replace Sloan in starting 13.  

Tedesco $616k (priced at 47)  Vs  Walsh $628k (48) Vs CNK $464k (36)

Feels like a no brainer to me: Teddy.  Right?  

I'd take Teddy over Walsh if he was 100k more expensive. Getting a bit of change makes it a no brainer
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:04 pm

Chewie wrote:

The question is: why wouldn't they play him at fullback in the NSW cup?

One of the great mysteries of the Ricky universe.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:09 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:I changed my trades last night.

Thoughts

Hynes is too expensive and chews up too much coin (as I already have Cleary) Two captains is too many and creates more problems than it solves.

It pays to be wise with the 717 k that is invested in Hopgood. If that values declines it wont be by too much and I will have a better sense of where it needs to fall next week.

The major priority problem at the moment is having four Dolphins and two base price Dolphins halves and two Warrior MIDS. This is the most likely factor the screw me in coming weeks.

Brailey and Te Maire Martin need to go - no need to have them sticking around. The cost of ownership here is worse than anything I will loose from holding Hopgood

Trades

J Brailey ==> Crossland (I will play him as my 2nd half until he gets DPP and hope for the best)
    Martin ==> Walsh/Miller (I think Miller is better with goal kicking but Walsh is also a gun - the extra cash Walsh offers may be the difference)
    I Katoa ==> Leo Thomson (has money to make - reliable - and solves my problems at MID. Facilitates trading Hopgood to a GUN Hooker without worrying about cover for MID next week - wont play origin and has money to make - unfashionable but a wise selection)
    How much money do you expect Leo to make? Was looking at him myself. He seems to have won the starting prop position, and DSaif has been average at best this year.

If Freddy does Freddy things and picks at least 1 Saifiti for Origin, than he probably gains extra value over that period as well.

The couple of downsides:
    1) He's already made $200k which means he's less valuable than if we grabbed him before. Not that there isn't value, just not as much.
    2) He has byes in rounds 10/14/19 (not favourable at all)
    3) He might lose his starting role when JSaif is back
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:10 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:I changed my trades last night.

Thoughts

Trades

Katoa got all the kicking last week. Can see him being an Averillo that people trade out too early. Has shown he can run and attack in glimpses, just needs to add that to his game and you suddenly have a decent half with hundreds of thousands in value to make.

Current date/time is Sun Sep 08, 2024 12:12 pm