NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 69 - Nice

TheWeapon
    TheWeapon

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 69 - Nice - Page 22 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 69 - Nice

Post by TheWeapon Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:20 pm

lk22 wrote:MattNZ banned... Euler new account... MattNZ=Butters confirmed???

MattNZ banned? Damn, I've been away for a few weeks and missed the action!!
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 69 - Nice - Page 22 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 69 - Nice

Post by Camo123 Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:21 pm

2 definite trades of Liddle + Turpin to Fifita + cashout

Then need to figure out how to get Cleary + DCE + Cashout (probably Munro) in next 2 weeks (can get DCE this week)

Thinking Sandon Smith if he gets an extra week, could go down to Munro. Then 2 players between Hopgood/NAS/Preston/Bula/Robson/Lemeulu noting the cheaper players make budget more difficult and would need a CTR/WFB if I was trading a CTR/WFB unless I start Russell/Munro. Probably Preston and NAS

Would leave my final squad with 3 trades as

Grant
    Haas Yeo Tohu
    Bateman Fifita
    Cleary Hynes
    Manu Lemeulu
    Edwards Ponga Bula

DCE SJ Hopgood Horse
    Robson Piakura Russell Munro

Last edited by Camo123 on Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:28 pm

robelgordo wrote:

I don’t know you and I haven’t attacked you. I just don’t know why you’re here. It’s not to give advice. It’s not to receive advice according to your LMAO response. It’s not to contribute to the community in any other way, although I’d personally love your views on tomato sauce in the cupboard or the fridge. So why?

It’s all about waving his banner from high atop his pedestal, along with a I should have entered this competition/I would be in this position had a entered. That is the conclusion I got from the posts before today, and I’ll likely have that same conclusion when he returns after today(I’d guess the middle of August by recent trends).

Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:30 pm

Camo123 wrote:2 definite trades of Liddle + Turpin to Fifita + cashout

Then need to figure out how to get Cleary + DCE + Cashout (probably Munro) in next 2 weeks (can get DCE this week)

Thinking Sandon Smith if he gets an extra week, could go down to Munro. Then 2 players between Hopgood/NAS/Preston/Bula/Robson/Lemeulu noting the cheaper players make budget more difficult and would need a CTR/WFB if I was trading a CTR/WFB unless I start Russell/Munro. Probably Preston and NAS

Grant
    Haas Yeo Tohu
    Bateman Fifita
    Cleary Hynes
    Manu Lemeulu
    Edwards Ponga Bula

DCE SJ Hopgood Horse

Oh yeah Munro is an option. Should’ve got him last round

Rabbits says his spot is pretty secure too aye. Only WFB though
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:32 pm

Chewie wrote:Just looking for some value picks for the run home
    I've earmarked DCE and Garrick, both look to be great value for money
    Also looking at big Nelson, do we think he's worth a punt?
    Any others posters are interested in?

Cotter down at 571k is potentially interesting. When he plays 50+ mins this year he's still averaging 51.5, but he's dragged down by a few low min games (only played 25 against the Tiger when they didn't need him, 35 mins against the Sharks in R9 when they got flogged).

Murray obviously once this bye is out of the way.

Munster (although probably just get DCE for basically the same price?).

Lane. You'd need to be brave but who's to say he doesn't go on a run like the end of last year.

Verrills, averages 48 when playing big mins at hooker, priced around 40 right now. Could do worse for a 17th/18th man.

SOS. Same as Verrills, averages 48 as a starting halfback priced around 40. After their bye next week, the Dolphins only play bottom 8 teams (Dogs, Newcastle, Roosters, Tigers, Cowboys) until the Warriors in R27.

Mahoney. When he plays 80 this year (all bar 3 games from R12-15 when they were messing around with Rajab on the bench) he averages 50.5. Not sure if you'd have to be brave or just stupid to go there.

Luciano. We know what he's capable of as a starting 2nd rower. Who knows with that Cowboys pack though.

Koro. Will be cheap as when he returns, possibly worth a punt.

Wighton. Down to 480k, would be a pure gamble on producing a run of boom scores in a row which he's capable of but we've not see for a while.

Kaufusi. Down to 430k, could even dip below 400k. Decent for a guy with rock solid JS who should be good for 40s most weeks if you need a budget 18th man.

Sivo. Three consecutive scores in the teens sees him down over 200k on his starting price to 360k. Would be a pure gamble on him scoring a bunch of tries.
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:35 pm

I would really like both DCE and Garrick but might only be able to get one. 

Bula, Boyd, Lem all dropping cash over the last few weeks is a real pain.
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:39 pm

Why would you register on a Forum when you “live rent free in our heads” just to gloat?

Classy…

Two months you’ve been on this forum, how much of our free information have you charged your customers for?

WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:42 pm

Haumole's one I was looking at the past couple of weeks. Still only 620k currently. Probably won't end up getting him though as I have Preston, IPap, Hopgood and adding Fifita this week assuming he plays.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:42 pm

Moanaman wrote:Why would you register on a Forum when you “live rent free in our heads” just to gloat?

Classy…

Two months you’ve been on this forum, how much of our free information have you charged your customers for?

I don’t understand people paying for fantasy products (most notably FPL) when fundamentally the performance is reliant on the players in the NRL to justify points and you can’t always predict it
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:43 pm

Camo123 wrote:

If Katoa is back on EDG, NAS likeky reverts back to lower scoring

Bellamy said the club wouldn't rush him back, and expected Katoa to be missing for another three or four weeks.
    "Not quite sure," Bellamy admitted to the media after the Storm's captain's run ahead of Friday's game against the Panthers.
    "The eye injury ended up being worse. He had an operation about 10 days or 2 weeks after the incident.
    "It's going to be another three or four weeks at best. Not quite sure, but we obviously aren't going to take any chances with an injury like that.
    "He isn't bed-ridden, but he isn't allowed to move too much either, so it was a pretty nasty injury at the end, but hopefully he will be back in about three weeks."

This was just over a week ago, so maybe another 2 or 3 rds on EDG for NAS
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:45 pm

Shady2K wrote:

Oh yeah Munro is an option. Should’ve got him last round

Rabbits says his spot is pretty secure too aye. Only WFB though
    Bloody Rabbits was saying it wasn’t secure in the days leading up. Now he’s scores 2 tries and he’s secure. Not happy
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:46 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:

Cotter down at 571k is potentially interesting. When he plays 50+ mins this year he's still averaging 51.5, but he's dragged down by a few low min games (only played 25 against the Tiger when they didn't need him, 35 mins against the Sharks in R9 when they got flogged).

Lane. You'd need to be brave but who's to say he doesn't go on a run like the end of last year.

Verrills, averages 48 when playing big mins at hooker, priced around 40 right now. Could do worse for a 17th/18th man.

SOS. Same as Verrills, averages 48 as a starting halfback priced around 40. After their bye next week, the Dolphins only play bottom 8 teams (Dogs, Newcastle, Roosters, Tigers, Cowboys) until the Warriors in R27.

Mahoney. When he plays 80 this year (all bar 3 games from R12-15 when they were messing around with Rajab on the bench) he averages 50.5. Not sure if you'd have to be brave or just stupid to go there.

Luciano. We know what he's capable of as a starting 2nd rower. Who knows with that Cowboys pack though.

Wighton. Down to 480k, would be a pure gamble on producing a run of boom scores in a row which he's capable of but we've not see for a while.

Kaufusi. Down to 430k, could even dip below 400k. Decent for a guy with rock solid JS who should be good for 40s most weeks if you need a budget 18th man.

Sivo. Three consecutive scores in the teens sees him down over 200k on his starting price to 360k. Would be a pure gamble on him scoring a bunch of tries.

Nice list!
    I forgot about Murray... 650k is a steal
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:50 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:What are Tapine owners thinking? I had penciled him in as a sell in round 20 for a while, however finally picking up his output these last two weeks with an 84 & 69 after being a frustrating hold for most of the season has given me pause.

Is he about to go on a run of scores like he did to end the season last year, or is it just because Horse and Papa were out?

His average with vs without Papalii this year is 51.5 with vs 63.6 without in 5 games. Weirdly, he averages 5 mins less without Papalii, but his tackles and TBs increase significantly.

Yeah dunno yet. Might just hold. Although wouldn't have cracked 50 without the try. I don't need a MID this week but if I did, he might have made way. I think I'd like to hold though. Besides Haas who is out, not many other options I'd like.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:52 pm

Euler wrote:Another Solid Rd in Both Formats sees our own teams move up to:

#210 - NRL Fantasy

#214 - NRL Supercoach

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 69 - Nice - Page 22 10play10
     NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 69 - Nice - Page 22 2020sc10

Nice score and rank. If I post my team, can you give me some free advice?
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:53 pm

Camo123 wrote:2 definite trades of Liddle + Turpin to Fifita + cashout

Grant
    Haas Yeo Tohu
    Bateman Fifita
    Cleary Hynes
    Manu Lemeulu
    Edwards Ponga Bula

DCE SJ Hopgood Horse

I see you are going to run three cheapies. I was trying to limit myself to just 2 (currently Hands and Avo) but 3 would allow me to get all the guns I want. 

Just means playing one of them when Warriors and Cowboys are on their bye not to mention injuries or suspensions which I don't love so think I'll be trying to avoid it.  

Unless Piakura has some upside... if he can be good for 35-40's then I'd be happy to run with him.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:53 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:

Top shelf post! Smile
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:54 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    Bloody Rabbits was saying it wasn’t secure in the days leading up. Now he’s scores 2 tries and he’s secure. Not happy

I'm no Rabbits but not sure if he's locked in to a spot. His game last week didn't hurt his chances though.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:56 pm

BCT05 wrote:

I see you are going to run three cheapies. I was trying to limit myself to just 2 (currently Hands and Avo) but 3 would allow me to get all the guns I want. 

Just means playing one of them when Warriors and Cowboys are on their bye not to mention injuries or suspensions which I don't love so think I'll be trying to avoid it.  

Unless Piakura has some upside... if he can be good for 35-40's then I'd be happy to run with him.

Only team I have 2+ of with a bye in my 17 is Warriors which is good

Justice for no Drinkwater and JDB Laughing
    Spectre
    Spectre

Post by Spectre Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:59 pm

BCT05 wrote:

I would really like both DCE and Garrick but might only be able to get one. 

Bula, Boyd, Lem all dropping cash over the last few weeks is a real pain.

Hynes, Cleary, SJ, Moses all ahead of DCE with Munster also in the mix.

There aren’t too many FBs putting their hands up this season screaming pick me.

I’d go Garrick if I had to choose.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Mon Jul 10, 2023 2:04 pm

Camo123 wrote:

I don’t understand people paying for fantasy products (most notably FPL) when fundamentally the performance is reliant on the players in the NRL to justify points and you can’t always predict it

Plus it's just a game ffs.

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:08 am