NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 9 - I can't even restart my whole team anymore

Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 9 - I can't even restart my whole team anymore - Page 18 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 9 - I can't even restart my whole team anymore

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:20 pm

Grant 60 Kris 35 equals 95

Api 51 Penis 46 equals 97

Is that fair?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 9 - I can't even restart my whole team anymore - Page 18 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 9 - I can't even restart my whole team anymore

Post by my tv broke Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:21 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:Grant 60 Kris 35 equals 95

Is that fair?

Well yeah, its simple maths
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:21 pm

Snatchpato wrote:Also going cold on Hopgood and Warming to McInnes

I know the argument is that McInnes is not value if Finucane is in the team based on the following:

With Finucane: 45 in 49 mins
    Without Finucane: 58 in 60

but in those games with Finucane, he only played starting Lock 4 times for 53 in 56 mins.

Considering he's priced at 51, he's priced at his floor.

Also consider that Finucane is 33 this year, McInnes only 30. McInnes has been given captaincy (so they see him as a leader/future of the club).

Edit: If you prefer more generalised stats, since joining the Sharks in 2022, McInnes has averaged 58 in 59 minutes as a starting lock.

To summarise:

Much like a lot of other players in my team, McInnes is priced at his floor, with big potential upside. If Finucane is on the outer, or plays fewer minutes in general as he ages, McInnes will get an even bigger role. We all know what McInnes can do with big minutes, and so the upside is clear.

Thank you for coming to my ted talk, and welcome to the team Cameron.

I always love having him in my team, one of my fav players to watch and own. With that bench though, does he realistically get the minutes?
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:23 pm

I know the argument is that McInnes is not value if Finucane is in the team based on the following:

but in those games with Finucane, he only played starting Lock 4 times for 53 in 56 mins.

Also consider that Finucane is 33 this year, McInnes only 30. McInnes has been given captaincy (so they see him as a leader/future of the club).

Edit: If you prefer more generalised stats, since joining the Sharks in 2022, McInnes has averaged 58 in 59 minutes as a starting lock.

To summarise:

Much like a lot of other players in my team, McInnes is priced at his floor, with big potential upside. If Finucane is on the outer, or plays fewer minutes in general as he ages, McInnes will get an even bigger role. We all know what McInnes can do with big minutes, and so the upside is clear.

Surely Hopgood has the much higher ceiling and the more favourable bench though!
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:24 pm

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:
    You sound so smart and so well educated yet you take a simple phrase like ‘do your own research’ and then decide to use the literal meaning! FFS, who seriously expects anyone to go out in the field and gather their own information. The term is used by us common folk to mean gather your info from various sources, not just pick a player because Steve on this site recommended it. Gees you must have a massive pool!
    You ok mate? No need for Tigers fans to be this cranky until next week.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:25 pm

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:
    The nantra for fantasy is ‘assume the worst’. That and ‘high risk high reward’.

My team is heading towards safety where possible. Trying to get rid of the guys like Cotric that could have poor job security, have moved off Tauapiki, not getting on Kini etc. Am ok with guys that could have a reduced role after a fast start, but should still have a solid role in the team if moved from their position, like Rapana. Not being an urgent trade out and having the opportunity to add points to a potentially negative BE is fine, shouldn't really hurt you.

Lots of players suddenly disappearing from your team, at the same time as Chan, Grant and Papy are out could be a disaster.
    Lchy
    Lchy

Post by Lchy Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:25 pm

Settled on a team for a few days now, pretty much final unless something massive comes up

JMK
    Sitili Smithies Leniu
    Piakura Wong
    Cleary SJ
    Burbo RTS
    Trell Ponga Paps

Hosking Salmon Kini Chan
    Strange Gagai Shoes Levi

Gone for a mix of fantasy relevant and fun to watch. Leniu looks like a prime candidate to turn into a missed cow next week. Gonna have a look at Levi's score and possibly bring in Api if he gets good minutes
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:26 pm

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:
    Surely Hopgood has the much higher ceiling and the more favourable bench though!

If given the minutes, McInnes ceiling is very high, wasn't long ago he was a serious captaincy option.
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:26 pm

More I think about Levi and him maybe getting terrible minutes thinking Muhleisen is better backup hooker for 36k cheaper
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:27 pm

L-Jimmy wrote:Alright, whinge time. Not calling out anyone, just hate a phrase.

Rant

I loathe the phrase 'do your own research'.

I've been a professional researcher. At a good university. I, my wife and almost everyone I knew, did pretty much nothing but conduct research and talk about it - day in and day out.

We didn't 'do our own research' outside of the tiny, tiny, miniscule bloody sphere of our world-class expertise. Like, seriously. If you want to talk about optimising theoretical energy market design to allow for rainfall  changes in dam design along the upper Mekong, Paulie will talk to you happily! But ask him about same issue on the upper Irriwaddy and he'll refer you to someone else - and expert in that field.

There's a reason that the cookie-cutter and community teams do well - and it isn't because they do their own research.

It is because they use the research of other experts.

That's what 97% of research is! It's reading the stuff some experts have written down, thinking about it, then copying it out again.

There are forum members here who have expertise. There are forum members here who post a lot. There is some overlap in those circles.

That's the research most people should be doing - identifying the difference between me and DK.

For everything, everything else, there's the community team. That's the research. Use it. Refer people to it.

and i'm out.:

This whole post deserves to be reposted.
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:27 pm

To summarise:

I've ended up in the same place. It allows me to upgrade Suli to Kiraz and keep 100k ITB. I'm happy with it. Taking the punt and I think they have the same downside in holding value, but McInnes could make 10 points if we get lucky.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:28 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:Grant 60 Kris 35 equals 95

Is that fair?
    The big question rabbits is ‘did you do your own research’? If yes, then toss a coin! I couldn’t go Kris as my other centre would be Burbo or Strange. Who knows how reliable Burbo will be and I definitely don’t want two raiders centres.
    kamikamicameleons
    kamikamicameleons

Post by kamikamicameleons Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:30 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Prediction time, who will actually be NSW hooker(s) this year?

Cook get his spot back. Api and/or Robson.  someone else altogether?

If Api doesn't play origin, and indeed his goal kicking with big minutes, then he is great to hold as a keeper all through byes (and beyond)

Wayde Egan. He'll start the season on a tear, make origin, get an HIA and be a one and done Origin player. Then Cook for games 2 and 3
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:32 pm

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:
    The nantra for fantasy is ‘assume the worst’. That and ‘high risk high reward’.

Do you think Api GK or Sezer?
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:37 pm

wolfking wrote:

I always love having him in my team, one of my fav players to watch and own.  With that bench though, does he realistically get the minutes?

The Pascoe Fiasco wrote:
    You know what, fuck it I'm getting both.

Only leaves me with $11k which bothers me, but not as much as leaving either out.

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 9 - I can't even restart my whole team anymore - Page 18 Giphy
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:40 pm

For those on Kiraz anyone concerned in a few weeks that Xerri comes in pushing Kiraz back to wing?

Post by Guest Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:41 pm

Considering 2025 is the final year of Finucane's contract, im interested in McInnes
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:41 pm

Khany wrote:Considering 2025 is the final year of Finucane's contract, im interested in McInnes

Bit too early to be thinking about 2026 imo.
    The Goat Boys
    The Goat Boys

Post by The Goat Boys Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:42 pm

Finally brought my team down to the decision of Lolo and Kiraz vs Fogarty and Niu.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:44 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:For those on Kiraz anyone concerned in a few weeks that Xerri comes in pushing Kiraz back to wing?

Not concerned. Got CTR dual was the key. When not injured, scores well on the wing.

In his interview recently, he said his preferred position was fullback. Maybe he moves there for Taaffe?

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:40 am