NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Liverpool Bulldogs 2024

Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Liverpool Bulldogs 2024 - Page 5 Empty Re: Liverpool Bulldogs 2024

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Jun 27, 2024 7:15 am

Rabbits21 wrote:Pap likely out now mate hold Faalago and Ponga might be back sooner is the rumours.
    Cheers Rabs. 

Yeah I saw that Papy could be out. Hopefully see a definite change at the 24 hour cut to make Saturday easier. Ponga news is surprising, but yep will definitely stay away from Sharpe if that’s the likely scenario.

Cotter not backing up would be useful for my team this week, would be happy to let him go for a gun replacement
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Jul 18, 2024 1:52 pm

Round 19

Score: 678

Last of the big byes out of the way and it’s all down hill from here. Happy enough with the score from my 13 last week even with Marzhews 16 in there. Team isn’t too badly affected by the Round 20 bye so things are looking pretty good to get 17 on the park for the week. 

Trades are looking like Matto/Api out for Cleary/Starling, Matto and Api have been good over the byes but think the trades are a clear upgrade with both players hopefully playing every game till the end of the year and have a history of scoring well.

Team for this week after trades

Grant
    Haas, Koloa, May
    Fifita, KPP
    Cleary (c), Hughes
    Wighton, Garrick
    Wishart, Weekes, Gray

Starling, Plath, Galvin, Brown
    Iro, Strange, Marzhew, Shoes

Setup a loop to have a look at Strange and Marzhews scores before I throw Shoes into the mix.
    Taking a punt on Weekes and Gray going better than Strange and Marzhew hence the loop.

Fingers crossed we can get another rank rise
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Thu Jul 18, 2024 4:50 pm

Clearly definitely looks good for you this week. Already have a lot of my targets with Koala, Haas and Grant. Yeo rested, but could be a target next week or so.

I'm also looking at some edge players, but you're in good shape with Fifita, Koala and KPP.

I wouldn't mind adding Cook (or Mahoney, but I don't like his face) to go with Grant. Starling might be decent cover, but don't really trust him enough to play straight up. You've got enough trades to punt him if it doesn't work out though.

I picked up Randall last week, but don't really trust him either. Worked out last week, but could fall flat, so not confident enough to recommend.

I'd probably go nuts with your trades and bank the next couple of weeks affraid

Koro to Cook
    Matto to Cleary

Leaves $268k I think. Enough to upgrade someone like Weekes, Wishart, Marzhew or Plath depending who's stocks are dropping to a Yeo/Teddy/Ponga/Campbell type. Maybe look to cashout SHughes to upgrade another of the above to another of the guns. Just a rough idea for next week and beyond if grabbing Cook instead of Starling.

Our strategies are a bit different though. You generally have a lot of depth and trades, while I'm running thin and ripping off trades regularly. Both seem to work out alright in the end.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Jul 18, 2024 6:56 pm

WT Winfield wrote:Clearly definitely looks good for you this week. Already have a lot of my targets with Koala, Haas and Grant. Yeo rested, but could be a target next week or so.

I'm also looking at some edge players, but you're in good shape with Fifita, Koala and KPP.

I wouldn't mind adding Cook (or Mahoney, but I don't like his face) to go with Grant. Starling might be decent cover, but don't really trust him enough to play straight up. You've got enough trades to punt him if it doesn't work out though.

I picked up Randall last week, but don't really trust him either. Worked out last week, but could fall flat, so not confident enough to recommend.

I'd probably go nuts with your trades and bank the next couple of weeks affraid

Koro to Cook
    Matto to Cleary

Leaves $268k I think. Enough to upgrade someone like Weekes, Wishart, Marzhew or Plath depending who's stocks are dropping to a Yeo/Teddy/Ponga/Campbell type. Maybe look to cashout SHughes to upgrade another of the above to another of the guns. Just a rough idea for next week and beyond if grabbing Cook instead of Starling.

Our strategies are a bit different though. You generally have a lot of depth and trades, while I'm running thin and ripping off trades regularly. Both seem to work out alright in the end.
    Yeah this is something I’ve battled with most of the week, gun hooker vs Starling. We know what Starling provides score wise when he gets a decent crack at the job, and with HOK being a rough spot this year a 380k player that should put up 45+ scores with little hassle in a position that most are struggling in should be nice. Problem will always be how long Ricky decides this is the way he wants to play it. 

2 starts in a row is definitely encouraging and the fact he stayed on the field for most of the game before the bye is a good thing. Definitely a lot to ponder.

Also going all out with my trades this week and then cruising for a couple of weeks is also on my mind. My two main targets though are Yeo and Ponga and both only play 1 of the next 2 games so maybe a good idea to wait on them. Not sure there are others that I should be rushing in
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Thu Jul 18, 2024 7:32 pm

Yeah you might be right with Starling. If he scores close enough to Cook/Mahoney for a lot cheaper, you're well positioned to make a bunch of upgrades without forcing a max cashout and maintaining depth. Starling should make decent cash in the short-term, Ricky might stick with it for a few weeks at least and you've got the trades to deal with him if he's no good as 18th man or a loopable 17th man.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Jul 18, 2024 7:46 pm

WT Winfield wrote:Yeah you might be right with Starling. If he scores close enough to Cook/Mahoney for a lot cheaper, you're well positioned to make a bunch of upgrades without forcing a max cashout and maintaining depth. Starling should make decent cash in the short-term, Ricky might stick with it for a few weeks at least and you've got the trades to deal with him if he's no good as 18th man or a loopable 17th man.
    Ricky stuck with Levi for 16 rounds. Surely he can stick with Starling for 8 🤣
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:42 pm

872 last week and a rank PB of 5.5k 🎉

Will be looking at 4 trades this week to bulk the team out and hopefully have a good run to the finish line. Cleary, Yeo, To’o and JC come in to the team, no byes left for any of them and can see them all averaging 55+ till the end of the season. Will hold of on To’o if Wishart is playing this week. This leaves me with 7 trades but still keen on Ponga next week, could definitely find a way to do McLean/Ponga if it’s needed.

Team post trades will line up like this:

Grant
    Haas, Yeo, Koloa
    Fifita, Preston
    Cleary, Hughes
    Wighton, Iro
    To’o, Campbell, Garrick

May, Brown, Galvin, Starling
    Strange, Gray, KPP, Marzhew

Pretty well rounded team and should be fine when it comes to the remaining byes for the year.
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Wed Jul 24, 2024 7:54 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:872 last week and a rank PB of 5.5k 🎉

Will be looking at 4 trades this week to bulk the team out and hopefully have a good run to the finish line. Cleary, Yeo, To’o and JC come in to the team, no byes left for any of them and can see them all averaging 55+ till the end of the season. Will hold of on To’o if Wishart is playing this week. This leaves me with 7 trades but still keen on Ponga next week, could definitely find a way to do McLean/Ponga if it’s needed.

Team post trades will line up like this:

Grant
    Haas, Yeo, Koloa
    Fifita, Preston
    Cleary, Hughes
    Wighton, Iro
    To’o, Campbell, Garrick

May, Brown, Galvin, Starling
    Strange, Gray, KPP, Marzhew

Pretty well rounded team and should be fine when it comes to the remaining byes for the year.

Team looks great mate
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:11 pm

Ando wrote:

Team looks great mate
    Cheers mate.

Always nice to write it down and then compare it with how things were looking earlier in the year when I wasn’t having the greatest of times. Seems that patience actually is useful.

Hoping to just finish in the top 5k now, I’ll take that as a win from where I was in those darker times 😝
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:18 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    Cheers mate.

Always nice to write it down and then compare it with how things were looking earlier in the year when I wasn’t having the greatest of times. Seems that patience actually is useful.

Hoping to just finish in the top 5k now, I’ll take that as a win from where I was in those darker times 😝

If you're already 5.5k and with that many trades in hand I think you can be aiming for a lot higher
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Jul 24, 2024 8:22 pm

Ando wrote:

If you're already 5.5k and with that many trades in hand I think you can be aiming for a lot higher
    Things probably won’t move to much in the next month rank wise I’m guessing until players run out of the fresh 8. The last month could be interesting if the lads stay healthy
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Jul 30, 2024 7:57 pm

R21: 1095 (Rank: 4190)

Pulled the trigger on 3 big upgrades in Cleary, Yeo and JC. Plath was the only trade out that bit me, but if I tell myself it was for Cleary then I don’t feel too bad. 

Have pencilled in two trades. Wishart/May for Ponga/Fog. Probably should trade May to another MID like Murray but Fogs base is just to hard to ignore, man is a base stat machine and should do well for the remaining games. Those two trades leave me with 6 in the bank for a rainy day

Grant
    Yeo, Haas, Koloa
    Fifita, Preston
    Cleary, Fog
    Wighton, Iro
    JC, Ponga, (Garrick)

Hughes, Brown, Galvin, Starling
    KPP, Strange, Gray, Marzhew

Will be looping the two WFBs this week through Garrick and hoping to hit a decent score, if they both bomb then a final game Garrick to Kiraz will hopefully save the day.

Teams looking pretty decent and the byes don’t affect me too badly from here on out

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 5:08 pm