NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 15 - 1 week ban for any fantasy related posts on P51

Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 15  - 1 week ban for any fantasy related posts on P51 - Page 39 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 15 - 1 week ban for any fantasy related posts on P51

Post by Camo123 Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:39 am

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

Again interesting... so wishing injuries on someone is not coo;- but minor ailments that are recovered on from quite quickly are OK

i wonder where the forum stands on

- a case of COVID
    - diarrhoea
    - the common flu
    - missing the bus
    - a rapana-esque hia for faking
    - a broken fingernail

I wonder where the forum stands on players missing the bus
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 15  - 1 week ban for any fantasy related posts on P51 - Page 39 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 15 - 1 week ban for any fantasy related posts on P51

Post by Pookus McFly Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:39 am

robelgordo wrote:

Haha

“Hope he gets a minor groin strain” (that is easily recoverable from)
    Out of line, you’re a monster!

“Hope he pulls out with the flu” (a worldwide killer of millions every year)
    Yeah cool, I could use Stranges 44 too

Have the same mindset tbf

Wishing for a player’s misfortune for your own fantasy gain makes you asshole. Celebrating an injury for your fantasy gain means you are just a plain old cunt. Its really just whether labels mean anything to you, I am wholly comfortable with being an asshole.
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:40 am

Pookus McFly wrote:Realtalk whilst theres a 4 hour lull until footy- who is your Raiders Goat?

Mal seems the easy pick, but Lazarus would be in contention. I have a friend who would assure me its Brett Mullins. Its funny I thought the likes of Ricky Stuart and Laurie Daley were geniuses when I was a kid, but since seeing them post football, their personalities have somehow soured their football capabilities. I call this the Freddy Fittler effect.

It's probably Mal

But Bradley Clyde is a personal favorite
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:44 am

Snatchpato wrote:
    okay new Matt

Laughing
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:45 am

robelgordo wrote:

Meninga because he was also the leadership, longevity, just an icon.

Probably then Daley

Then Clyde and Stuart, but forget about their careers ending at the Bulldogs.

Wiki would round out my top 5

Mullins hon mention for highlight reel but wasn’t that good for all that long and Belcher arguably a better FB all-time

Lazarus really spent too little time there, thing is just as easily associated with Broncos and Storm
    Steve Walters a bit forgotten as well

The real Raiders goat is probably Queanbeyan Leagues Club filtering all that money into the team so they could buy half the QLD side and a few premierships before getting caught salary cap cheating.

Daley could be a little bit like Cody Walker in that he was more memorable for the games he dominated than the games be seemed to go missing - wasn't especially consistent from my memory
    Remember lots of criticisms of him failing to get his shorts dirty (not get involved with to the hard stuff).

There were also times he was rightfully considered the best in the world, so probably fairly considered #2 behind Mal?
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:50 am

robelgordo wrote:

Meninga because he was also the leadership, longevity, just an icon.

Probably then Daley

Then Clyde and Stuart, but forget about their careers ending at the Bulldogs.

Wiki would round out my top 5

Mullins hon mention for highlight reel but wasn’t that good for all that long and Belcher arguably a better FB all-time

Lazarus really spent too little time there, thing is just as easily associated with Broncos and Storm
    Steve Walters a bit forgotten as well

The real Raiders goat is probably Queanbeyan Leagues Club filtering all that money into the team so they could buy half the QLD side and a few premierships before getting caught salary cap cheating.

Oh man I completely forgot about Clyde, he would have to be in my top 5. I was actually (embarassingly) a bit of a detractor from Mal becoming an immortal at the time, but I have reneged on my stance quite a lot since then, mostly on grounds of what you mentioned- 90s Meninga is an icon for RL itself. I bet if you pressed your ear up to the mighty girth of his thigh in 1994 you would hear Tina Turner playing. NRL really needs a Hall of Fame for all the calibres down from immortal status, something for the Daley’s of the world.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:58 am

Pookus McFly wrote:If Croker is the Raiders GOAT, why do we have 8 different enoticons of Rapana?

:Rapana:

croaker is more like a FROG - False Representation of GOAT

Last edited by The Dolphin Conspiracies on Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:07 am; edited 1 time in total
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:59 am

easytiger wrote:

Daley could be a little bit like Cody Walker in that he was more memorable for the games he dominated than the games be seemed to go missing - wasn't especially consistent from my memory
    Remember lots of criticisms of him failing to get his shorts dirty (not get involved with to the hard stuff).

There were also times he was rightfully considered the best in the world, so probably fairly considered #2 behind Mal?

Pretty good reasoning to my mind. When I was 7 I would have sworn with great conviction that it was Noa Nadruku- the flying Fijian Laugh 3
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:59 am

easytiger wrote:

I remember Laurie Daley was one of the bloke who did our removal in 1988. It was amazing for a kid to see this famous bloke sitting around whilst someone else did all the work. Truly an inspiration.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:59 am

John Ferguson hands down as my Raider of choice.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:02 am

Revraiser wrote:John Ferguson hands down as my Raider of choice.

Chicka! cheer Forgot about him too. What a good choice.
    Okay, you are the winner.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:06 am

Pookus McFly wrote:

Wishing for a player’s misfortune for your own fantasy gain makes you asshole. Celebrating an injury for your fantasy gain means you are just a plain old cunt. Its really just whether labels mean anything to you, I am wholly comfortable with being an asshole.

just while we are clarifying Pookus -

is it just the label plain old kent you avoid

what about
    - shit kent
    - dopey kent
    - fecking kent
    - feck knuckle
    - penisini head

what is enough for us to deter behaviours we wish to discourage - or are there also others that would make you re-consider your approach
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:07 am

Pookus McFly wrote:

Chicka! cheer  Forgot about him too. What a good choice.

I thought saying his nickname in the modern world would lead to a public flogging.

cheer
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:10 am

Pookus McFly wrote:

Chicka! cheer  Forgot about him too. What a good choice.

You forgot about Slammin' Sam Backo -

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 15  - 1 week ban for any fantasy related posts on P51 - Page 39 2Q==
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:11 am

Again interesting... so wishing injuries on someone is not coo;- but minor ailments that are recovered on from quite quickly are OK

i wonder where the forum stands on

- a case of COVID
    - diarrhoea
    - the common flu
    - missing the bus
    - a rapana-esque hia for faking
    - a broken fingernail
    My apologies, after a sit down and a think that is a bit rough to hope for injury/sickness on another
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:13 am

Ruben Wiki.
    Brent Todd.
    David Barnhill.
    Jason Death.
    Sean Hoppe.
    Johnny Lomax.
    Quentin Pongia.
    Todd Payten.
    Lesley "The Volcano" Vainikolo

and you can't talk Raiders greats without mentioning Alan Tongue and in a fantasy perspetive Campese was one of the all time greats up there with Soward, Smith and Parker.

Obvious bias but these are the Raiders players I loved.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:15 am

just while we are clarifying Pookus -

is it just the label plain old kent you avoid

what about
    - shit kent
    - dopey kent
    - fecking kent
    - feck knuckle
    - penisini head

what is enough for us to deter behaviours we wish to discourage - or are there also others that would make you re-consider your approach

No I will embrace the title of cunt when being a cunt. I don’t shirk or hide or call it kent. These are just words and they only have as much power over us as we let them.

Revraiser wrote:

I thought saying his nickname in the modern world would lead to a public flogging.

cheer

Surely Chicka is a proper noun  cheer

You forgot about Slammin' Sam Backo -

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 15  - 1 week ban for any fantasy related posts on P51 - Page 39 2Q==

Ooft, another good pick. This has turned into a pretty nostalgic Sunday morning wait for football. Bring back the Sunday Roast with Voss and Gould!
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:17 am

I do not really wanna sell Ponga or Grant but I think I might have to sell one I just don’t have enough cash gen going and to get up to Moses and fit Campbell in
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:19 am

Rabbits21 wrote:I do not really wanna sell Ponga or Grant but I think I might have to sell one I just don’t have enough cash gen going and to get up to Moses and fit Campbell in

Im confused. This isn’t about 90s Raiders.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:22 am

filthridden wrote:Ruben Wiki.
    Brent Todd.
    David Barnhill.
    Jason Death.
    Sean Hoppe.
    Johnny Lomax.
    Quentin Pongia.
    Todd Payten.
    Lesley "The Volcano" Vainikolo

and you can't talk Raiders greats without mentioning Alan Tongue and in a fantasy perspetive Campese was one of the all time greats up there with Soward, Smith and Parker.

Obvious bias but these are the Raiders players I loved.

Solid list. I started playing Fantasy (Dreamteam then) when Campese was still playing, and he kicked the ever loving piss out of the ball. Its always cool when fantasy sports builds on your affections for already great players with some unique personal memories.

Current date/time is Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:34 pm