NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 17 - He haas a sore knee

Mulvy
    Mulvy

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 17 - He haas a sore knee - Page 30 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 17 - He haas a sore knee

Post by Mulvy Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:43 pm

SoylentGreen wrote:

I might not agree with a lot of what you say Rabs, but I'm 100% on board with this.

As with another misused nautical idiom "jibe with" (not "jive with")

plus other annoyances like "gets on my goat", "chomping at the bit", "deep-seeded", "one in the same", "hunger pains", "mute point", "peaked my interest"

and last but not least, "could care less"

I for one was happy that Rabbits was going to be using tact in his posts from now on.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 17 - He haas a sore knee - Page 30 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 17 - He haas a sore knee

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:44 pm

Shady2K wrote:

WOW no Haas?

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 17 - He haas a sore knee - Page 30 Giphy
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:45 pm

Spectre wrote:Need to choose one of Curran, Lussick, Galvin and Cotter to bring in this week (other trade in is Fogarty). Who is the priority in terms of price gains? Mind you, I could really use an injection of points at the same time

To fill the two criteria, I think Lussick is the choice.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:45 pm

my tv broke wrote:2367 teams have the Cook/Haas/Wong trifecta.
    395 teams have Cook/Haas/Luki.
    154 teams unlucky enough to have all four.
    8 teams have all four... plus Seyfarth.
    One of the pods I listened to last night had just about all 5 plus weekes and Kris I think. All the other guys were absolutely pissing themselves. You’ve got to love a bit of shadenfreude. See folks, just when you think you’re team is so bad, remember there are others even shitter!
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:46 pm

BaldShitTruck wrote:

My wife uses the term "mose well"

Mars well let it go at this point, wouldn't wanna be on the wrong end of a charaded knife.
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo

Post by Enchanted Glossy Flamingo Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:48 pm

I looked at Fogarty for my Haasbux/Hosking but I can probably get Moses instead next week for around the same price?
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:49 pm

Snatchpato wrote:If I could only get one, it’d be Turbo over Ted

WT Winfield wrote:Yeah, but you tip against the Roosters every week. Like, every week.

I don't care what they say about you Snatch I think you're a good bloke

Even if I've been waiting 2 years for an update on the juniors coaching

Post by Guest Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:50 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

Not many if any

Was that...Scribe?
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:52 pm

SoylentGreen wrote:

I might not agree with a lot of what you say Rabs, but I'm 100% on board with this.

plus other annoyances like "gets on my goat", "chomping at the bit", "deep-seeded", "one in the same", "hunger pains", "mute point", "peaked my interest"

Astatic, pacificly.......
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:53 pm

my tv broke wrote:

willison.. it was only last week i thought i'd seen the worst trade of the season

Wait until I trade in Mam in 3 weeks time
    thomglomerate

Post by thomglomerate Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:55 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Papenhuyzen has the bye next week, so if you don't trade a WFB in this week, what is your plan for next week

Are you relying on Talau and Kris both being back to field a team?

I would bet trading in a WFB gets you better scores than trading in someone else and copping a 0 and maybe Talau for the next 2 weeks.

Would need Talau back to field a team or I would have to make this trade next week anyway.

I was thinking about Ponga, he’s a sub 50 score away from being affordable and would be approaching bargain territory. But as you and others have said there are plenty of good options I can afford now. Next week I might have another two problems to fix and not enough trades to do it.

Talked me off the ledge, thanks.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:56 pm

SoylentGreen wrote:

I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go. Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:01 pm

BaldShitTruck wrote:

Was that...Scribe?

Correct

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 17 - He haas a sore knee - Page 30 Scribe11
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:07 pm

my tv broke wrote:Actually stuck on my second out.

Wong to Fine is a goer.
    Probably leaning to Lussick as second in.

Outs:-
    Hosking - probably has to stay another week and hope for the best.
    Hutch - probably survives.
    Tups - he does have potential for a decent score..
    Rapana or Kiraz - my back five is at surplus.. i've got TMay/Burbo+Paps/Raps/Trbo, and Kiraz on bench, + Strange emgs. Strange can cover Paps bye next week..

I also have Salmon and Levi hanging around..

I should punt one of Kiraz and Rapana, yeah .. ? Fucking Kiraz probably... although I think Rapana has saved his score twice and hasn't looked good though..

I'd be keeping Kiraz over Rapana definitely. Handier dual and less JS threat given Ricky has talked about moving Rapana from FB eventually.

I think it's a minor miracle that Kiraz is still averaging 30 despite playing at centre in a team that's scored 14 points total over 2 weeks and copping -26 in demerits. The 7 missed tackles is a huge outlier, prior to that game his worst was 4, and his worst at centre was 3.

Base of 31 in tackles + MG over the first 2 rounds is very handy, so I think (hope) this is closer to his floor than ceiling and he'll even out to an avg around 40 with a few attacking stats.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:08 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

Correct

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 17 - He haas a sore knee - Page 30 Scribe11

I don't know anyone who rolls like this
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:10 pm

BaldShitTruck wrote:

I don't know anyone who rolls like this

I don't know anybody

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 17 - He haas a sore knee - Page 30 Scribe13

Last edited by Boozecluez on Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:11 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

I hole-hardedly agree, but allow me to play doubles advocate here for a moment. For all intensive purposes I think you are wrong. In an age where false morals are a diamond dozen, true virtues are a blessing in the skies. We often put our false morality on a petal stool like a bunch of pre-Madonnas, but you all seem to be taking something very valuable for granite. So I ask of you to mustard up all the strength you can because it is a doggy dog world out there. Although there is some merit to what you are saying it seems like you have a huge ship on your shoulder. In your argument you seem to throw everything in but the kids Nsync, and even though you are having a feel day with this I am here to bring you back into reality. I have a sick sense when it comes to these types of things. It is almost spooky, because I cannot turn a blonde eye to these glaring flaws in your rhetoric. I have zero taller ants when it comes to people spouting out hate in the name of moral righteousness. You just need to remember what comes around is all around, and when supply and command fails you will be the first to go. Make my words, when you get down to brass stacks it doesn't take rocket appliances to get two birds stoned at once. It's clear who makes the pants in this relationship, and sometimes you just have to swallow your prize and accept the facts. You might have to come to this conclusion through denial and error but I swear on my mother's mating name that when you put the petal to the medal you will pass with flying carpets like it’s a peach of cake.

You really nipped it in the butt
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

Post by lukeayee Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:13 pm

Those trading in Turbo, have we all forgotten about the conversations about Kiraz, Liddle, Luki.

I think it's appropriate to apply an "injury risk weight" to an expected fantasy score.

For example, Turbo's expected average (45) x probability of him being injured for an extended period in the season (50%) so that should cost you 2 trades. 1 trade if worth what, 150k or 120 points over a season?

So 50% chance he costs you 240 points, 120 point penalty over 24 games.

Total expected season score is 1,125 points minus a penalty of 120 points = 1,005. Expected average is 40 points (expected value).

No bueno.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:14 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

I don't know anybody

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 17 - He haas a sore knee - Page 30 Scribe12

Do you think he asked Ricky to please give it up for Savage?
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:17 pm

BaldShitTruck wrote:

Do you think he asked Ricky to please give it up for Savage?

Haha makes me feel old that this came out 21 years ago....
    At least the young pups like rabbits21 will know who he is now

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:32 am