NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 29 - new thread sponsored by Temu

Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 29 - new thread sponsored by Temu  - Page 18 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 29 - new thread sponsored by Temu

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:45 am

26 points for running and catching!

Maybe not a shitto after all
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 29 - new thread sponsored by Temu  - Page 18 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 29 - new thread sponsored by Temu

Post by WT Winfield Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:53 am

Camo123 wrote:

How did I manage to captain Fogarty in the only game he’s done bad and Raiders won 41-8

Yeah it sucks mate. Last year I planned to captain Grant in Cleary's absence, then swerved to Hopgood and got burned. This year I planned to captain Cook in Cleary's absence, then swerved to Foggy and was getting burned, but I was determined to stick with him until the fantasy gods took notice and rewarded me. I picked up Grant this week and VC'd, but the temptation was there. Scores could've easily been flipped between the two. If I'd gotten Hynes, I definitely would've captained. Might just grab him this week and see if another opportunity for Nikora comes up. Would be three Rd 13 edges, but two will probably be out and the other under a cloud by then.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:58 am

With KPP and Angus at EDG it’s hard to go and buy more. 

Waddell as MID/EDG cover is an option but sort of feels too easy?
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:10 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:26 points for running and catching!

Maybe not a shitto after all

Should have an EFIG? Right at the end of 80 mins if I remember correctly
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:17 am

Camo123 wrote:

Should have an EFIG? Right at the end of 80 mins if I remember correctly
    Missed the last 20 minutes + extras so not to sure. If he gets another little update to 30 then so be it
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:18 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:With KPP and Angus at EDG it’s hard to go and buy more. 

Waddell as MID/EDG cover is an option but sort of feels too easy?

Hard to ignore the ~100k discount on Nikora for me. Gotta grab the keepers when they bottom out and figure the rest out later. I thought I'd have excess WFBs by now, but they've been dropping like flies and I might have to grab Chester if Iro isn't retained and Campbells might be off the menu.

Waddell could be worth a punt. Priced at 30 next week and averages ~40 at edge.. BE probably low, so might make the cash if he strings a few starts together. Might be the Manly jersey, but doesn't really do it for me. Already been trading like crazy, need some keepers.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:20 am

WT Winfield wrote:

Hard to ignore the ~100k discount on Nikora for me. Gotta grab the keepers when they bottom out and figure the rest out later. I thought I'd have excess WFBs by now, but they've been dropping like flies and I might have to grab Chester if Iro isn't retained and Campbells might be off the menu.

Waddell could be worth a punt. Priced at 30 next week and averages ~40 at edge.. BE probably low, so might make the cash if he strings a few starts together. Might be the Manly jersey, but doesn't really do it for me. Already been trading like crazy, need some keepers.
    Yeah definitely. It’s just identifying the cheap keepers for me. I was always get shy when and ask myself why they have dropped so much.

Nikora definitely an option. After this week should be priced at 44, only has an average of 49 on the edge so not sure if a true keeper?

We need a list of cheap keepers
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:31 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    Yeah definitely. It’s just identifying the cheap keepers for me. I was always get shy when and ask myself why they have dropped so much.

Nikora definitely an option. We need a list of cheap keepers

Yeah I get a bit nervous about the injury related ones. Nikora with a quiet Rd 1, then was having a bit of a bludger Rd 2 and got sinbinned to really fuck his price. Returns in the cooler whether and knocks out 58 in tackles and RM. Feels a pretty safe pick til season's end. Never know if Robbo starts benching Angus in final teams at some point and needs to be moved once he peaks.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:37 am

WT Winfield wrote:

Yeah I get a bit nervous about the injury related ones. Nikora with a quiet Rd 1, then was having a bit of a bludger Rd 2 and got sinbinned to really fuck his price. Returns in the cooler whether and knocks out 58 in tackles and RM. Feels a pretty safe pick til season's end. Never know if Robbo starts benching Angus in final teams at some point and needs to be moved once he peaks.
    I had Nikora at the backend of last year and it was a frustrating time. 

Too be honest as long as I can see the back of Levi and Hutch I’ll be happy
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:05 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    I had Nikora at the backend of last year and it was a frustrating time. 

Too be honest as long as I can see the back of Levi and Hutch I’ll be happy

Yeah I remember successfully deathriding him at the end of last season. Definitely needs tries with some regularity. I'll grab Angus and maybe Hynes, which rules out Nikora cash wise. Then probably look at Blore or Chester.

Can't wait for Hutch to GTFO aswell. Tatola right behind him. Wanted to punt Levi also, but probably have to move Cook on since Souths are keen on being losers for awhile longer.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:11 am

WT Winfield wrote:

Yeah I remember successfully deathriding him at the end of last season. Definitely needs tries with some regularity. I'll grab Angus and maybe Hynes, which rules out Nikora cash wise. Then probably look at Blore or Chester.

Can't wait for Hutch to GTFO aswell. Tatola right behind him. Wanted to punt Levi also, but probably have to move Cook on since Souths are keen on being losers for awhile longer.
    Clearys availability this week would be nice. As much as I want Hynes I think I’ll be staying away until Origin comes around. Just too many guys to move on and not enough money.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:14 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:

Nikora definitely an option. After this week should be priced at 44, only has an average of 49 on the edge so not sure if a true keeper?

We need a list of cheap keepers

Wait another week/two for Bateman imo
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:22 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Wait another week/two for Bateman imo
    I was half tempted to buy Ipap this week for some reason. Good shout for sure.

In regards to HOK, Robson probably the best to own over the first bye?
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:29 am

Aardvark wrote:

Didn’t you start out like a shower of shit last year as well Rev? I seem to remember you being top Rd 1 or 2?

I can't recall exactly, but I think I started solid last year and faded...
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:31 am

If I’m looking towards that first bye and players that play Round 13/14.

I’m liking Robson, JBrailey, Nikora, Dylz, Marzhew, Curran.

Will try my best to try and bring in 3 of those this week if possible

JBrailey might seem like a weird one but seems like he has hit his floor. Can’t see him scoring any lower than what he is and plenty of history to say he scores better than that. So hopefully worth a punt to upgrade other positions

Last edited by Liverpool_Bulldog on Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:34 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    Clearys availability this week would be nice. As much as I want Hynes I think I’ll be staying away until Origin comes around. Just too many guys to move on and not enough money.

Yeah seems tough to run both. I have neither and keen for lockout to lift so I can see how fitting Hynes in looks going forward with Dogs, Eels and Raiders byes coming up. I caught fuck all footy this week, so dunno if he's carrying a niggle still, but was goalkicking. Foggy, DBrown and Galvin might be good enough if it means a more balanced bench. I made the mistake of seeing how Hynes scored against the Cows last year though and jagged a try in both games for 95 and 90. Still hits 50 when playing like shit, so probably not wise to keep fading and will be discounted ~80k.
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:47 am

As Camo pointed out the other day, once you have KPP and Angus that's your rd13 edge slots filled. Not necessarily a reason not to buy Nikora but it's not ideal. In all likelihood something will happen to one of them between now and then anyway, it's a long way off.

Given the carnage I've had and max trading I think I'll have to start highly considering rd13 for most of my trade in's now. No room for sideways trades closer to the time. So will probably just have to grab Brailey for Cook this week even though I'd love to go Grant.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:51 am

BCT05 wrote:As Camo pointed out the other day, once you have KPP and Angus that's your rd13 edge slots filled. Not necessarily a reason not to buy Nikora but it's not ideal. In all likelihood something will happen to one of them between now and then anyway, it's a long way off.

Given the carnage I've had and max trading I think I'll have to start highly considering rd13 for most of my trade in's now. No room for sideways trades closer to the time. So will probably just have to grab Brailey for Cook this week even though I'd love to go Grant.
    I refuse to believe there is no upside in Brailey. 

Please fantasy gods let me be right for once
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:03 am

I actually listened to the NRL physio pod last night, injury speculation summary:

- Ponga should be ok with 10 day turnaround
    - Kamikamica has history of calf probs, maybe 4-6 weeks. Nelson time?
    - Tevaga hammy looked high grade, best case 6-8
    - Burbo 4th tear same hammy since start of 2023, even low grade might be 3-5 weeks
    - no info on Nanai
    - Munro looks like 3rd collarbone fracture. Collarbones notorious for taking 4-6 months to strengthen even after fracture is healed, hence the re-breaks
    - Campbell - is concerned, even best case looks a few weeks. Similar mechanism to last year injury but different knee. Possible has “weak knees” (my phrasing but was discussed)

I might have forgotten some. Mention a player and will respond
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:05 am

robelgordo wrote:I actually listened to the NRL physio pod last night, injury speculation summary:

- Ponga should be ok with 10 day turnaround
    - Kamikamica has history of calf probs, maybe 4-6 weeks. Nelson time?
    - Tevaga hammy looked high grade, best case 6-8
    - Burbo 4th tear same hammy since start of 2023, even low grade might be 3-5 weeks
    - no info on Nanai
    - Munro looks like 3rd collarbone fracture. Collarbones notorious for taking 4-6 months to strengthen even after fracture is healed, hence the re-breaks
    - Campbell - is concerned, even best case looks a few weeks. Similar mechanism to last year injury but different knee. Possible has “weak knees” (my phrasing but was discussed)

I might have forgotten some. Mention a player and will respond
    You spell Chan funny

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:07 am