NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 38 - Is anyone still playing this game?

WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 38 - Is anyone still playing this game? - Page 8 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 38 - Is anyone still playing this game?

Post by WT Winfield Sat May 11, 2024 9:21 am

Revraiser wrote:

No, nothing u ever say. It's the one week score take, it's insane. Adamant to bring a certain player in, make the trade, player scores sub optimal. Damn, he's out next Monday morning. Or a player is flying and all the rage, one week scores maybe 5 or ten off their average, he's gone next week !

The voice of reason Shady2K is missing, that's why.

Also I'm burning through trades like never before, so can't give my monthly spiel about a trade being worth 50-100 points.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 38 - Is anyone still playing this game? - Page 8 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 38 - Is anyone still playing this game?

Post by Chewie Sat May 11, 2024 9:23 am

Revraiser wrote:Everyone seems so reactionary and one week score focused on here like never before. It's pretty much the number one don't do of fantasy. Trades are not infinite.
    Rage trading is the way
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sat May 11, 2024 9:25 am

Trade hard approach is ok, that's different to being irrational.

More importantly, how good to have Dark n' stormy back on the shelves.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Sat May 11, 2024 9:28 am

DBrown was lit last night, could have well tonned up if his team mates held onto the ball. Tough conditions though

And great to see the Chin in action, his kicking game is sublime, bummer that he had to go off
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Sat May 11, 2024 9:30 am

Wiremu Trades Gone? wrote:

Hurt at training - out indefinitely

What? When? How bad?

Crikey this is getting ridiculous.
    affraid
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Sat May 11, 2024 9:33 am

Just watching the Kayo Mini back of the Dogs Panthers game, and one of the first things in the mini is Salmon making a tackle bust on Turuva. Still ends the game on 0 TBs.

Really not sure how to feel about it when stats clearly aren't being awarded despite being blatant. Kinda makes the whole thing feel significantly more about luck than in the past. Maybe it's always been this way, but I don't remember a season where stats felt so hit or miss.

Note: Not a Salmon owner.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Sat May 11, 2024 9:41 am

Snatchpato wrote:Just watching the Kayo Mini back of the Dogs Panthers game, and one of the first things in the mini is Salmon making a tackle bust on Turuva. Still ends the game on 0 TBs.

Really not sure how to feel about it when stats clearly aren't being awarded despite being blatant. Kinda makes the whole thing feel significantly more about luck than in the past. Maybe it's always been this way, but I don't remember a season where stats felt so hit or miss.

I agree that it does feel the stats are not as accurate as they used to be, I've stopped watching it closely, but still find myself surprised at some blatant misses as you describe.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Sat May 11, 2024 9:41 am

Haven't made any trades yet but 2 need to be made now for 2 WFBs. That's yuk. With the RTS news I ended up holding Lussick and put him in the second loop under Hughes, both which were acceptable to hold the third trade. Could use the 3rd trade on May or KPP if benched but I think the way things are going, holding trades and running 17 over these next few weeks will make the extra trades over the bye period even more worthwhile IMO.

Nevertheless, I actually looked a Simo at his price through the week and was interested due to his price and his last round score and thought he would be an okay punt, but too late now. Certainly wouldn't have expected that score last night. I think I'll just go Armstrong and Drinkwater. Two round 13 players and Drinkwater seems to be travelling pretty well. If I had balls I'd go Latrell for the big hail Mary. I think he comes out swinging, but no round 13 and now with Turbo out, not convinced he doesn't play Origin.
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Sat May 11, 2024 9:42 am

Rushed trade, so very little time to research +/- of players.
    Replacing RTS. Want to maintain reserve Centre option.
    Which one would you grab?
    TU - Ramien (Sharks miss 16 & 20)
    TD - Sualli (Roosters miss 14 & 19)

Cheers.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Sat May 11, 2024 9:44 am

my tv broke wrote:

Exactly. He might still be worth riding out for a while if carty comes back and hands is pushed out

As revs said trades are not infinite

There was a moment there I thought he was going to play out the game and thought with the late bench switch Hands would just be there for insurance but not so. Lussick actually looked decent last night and his defence was much better. Looked like he could have played 80 and I'm not really sure what Hands brings to the team in contrast, just slightly weaker defence, I think. I'm also interested to see what the plan is if Carty did actually in fact play. With the shit show of what's going on and the shittos most of us have, holding him til round 13 I don't think is the biggest concern. He made his BE too. I have Robson too so is probably worth holding incase Robson plays Origin to save a round 13 trade.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Sat May 11, 2024 9:48 am

The Bludger#2 wrote:Rushed trade, so very little time to research +/- of players.
    Replacing RTS. Want to maintain reserve Centre option.
    Which one would you grab?
    TU - Ramien (Sharks miss 16 & 20)
    TD - Sualli (Roosters miss 14 & 19)

Cheers.

Assuming you can't afford a big gun in Gagai or Manu?

Out of the two, I'd probably pay up for Ramien. Kelly and Sami also going okay. Or take a punt on a cheap Wighton.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Sat May 11, 2024 9:50 am

Snatchpato wrote:Just watching the Kayo Mini back of the Dogs Panthers game, and one of the first things in the mini is Salmon making a tackle bust on Turuva. Still ends the game on 0 TBs.

I noticed that too because it was such an anomaly to see. Funny how that doesn't get awarded yet other players will have 3 defenders on them, and one drops off around the legs during the post contact meters WHILE having two other defenders on him brining him down and gets a TB.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Sat May 11, 2024 9:54 am

Josh Rogers interest anyone? Kicks the fuck outta the ball next to Mam, won't miss 8 tackles every week, even so scored 10 points over his price. Could be a good pickup after round 13.
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo

Post by Enchanted Glossy Flamingo Sat May 11, 2024 9:54 am

Revraiser wrote:

No, nothing u ever say. It's the one week score take, it's insane. Adamant to bring a certain player in, make the trade, player scores sub optimal. Damn, he's out next Monday morning. Or a player is flying and all the rage, one week scores maybe 5 or ten off their average, he's gone next week !

I feel like the huge amount of injuries this year kinda encourages heavy and aggressive trading too, at least for me. Old mate is injured and has to be traded out because I can't field 17 next week unless I trade him out. Oh but I can get x and y if I make a second trade and that will be better for the team overall. Shitter z makes way because he's shit. Oops I've suddenly max traded and at least one of my new guys is just as shit as the old one
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sat May 11, 2024 9:55 am

Snatchpato wrote:Josh Rogers interest anyone? Kicks the fuck outta the ball next to Mam, won't miss 8 tackles every week, even so scored 10 points over his price. Could be a good pickup after round 13.

Madden straight in when fit surely
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Sat May 11, 2024 9:55 am

Snatchpato wrote:Josh Rogers interest anyone? Kicks the fuck outta the ball next to Mam, won't miss 8 tackles every week, even so scored 10 points over his price. Could be a good pickup after round 13.

isn't Madden not far off?
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Sat May 11, 2024 9:56 am

wolfking wrote:Haven't made any trades yet but 2 need to be made now for 2 WFBs.  That's yuk.  With the RTS news I ended up holding Lussick and put him in the second loop under Hughes, both which were acceptable to hold the third trade.  Could use the 3rd trade on May or KPP if benched but I think the way things are going, holding trades and running 17 over these next few weeks will make the extra trades over the bye period even more worthwhile IMO.

Nevertheless, I actually looked a Simo at his price through the week and was interested due to his price and his last round score and thought he would be an okay punt, but too late now.  Certainly wouldn't have expected that score last night.  I think I'll just go Armstrong and Drinkwater.  Two round 13 players and Drinkwater seems to be travelling pretty well.  If I had balls I'd go Latrell for the big hail Mary.  I think he comes out swinging, but no round 13 and now with Turbo out, not convinced he doesn't play Origin.

Simmo playing wing put me off. I had him down as a trade-in after the bye if moving back to centre, but crossed him off when it seemed wing was a permanent move. Averaging less than 30 across multiple seasons at both Eels and Raiders. Playing on DBrown's side with Moses out might've helped lately. Might see a little more action on the Penis side next week. *nvm that is the Penis side.. either way, Simmo has normally sucked on the wing.

Last edited by WT Winfield on Sat May 11, 2024 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Sat May 11, 2024 10:00 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Madden straight in when fit surely

wolfking wrote:

isn't Madden not far off?
    What's his status? I haven't heard anything but he's also not played any ressies.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Sat May 11, 2024 10:01 am

Any chance Russell maintains goal kicking once Moses is back? Can imagine Moses limiting his role for a few weeks at least. If he does he's probably a bargain at 300k
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sat May 11, 2024 10:01 am

Snatchpato wrote:

What's his status? I haven't heard anything but he's also not played any ressies.

He trained this week and was close but not 100% so theyve held him back til next week.

Kevy said post game respect to rogers he did his job but madden comes straight in

Last edited by my tv broke on Sat May 11, 2024 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:56 am