NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 41 - You can't spell "rampant criminality" without NRL

Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 41 - You can't spell "rampant criminality" without NRL - Page 23 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 41 - You can't spell "rampant criminality" without NRL

Post by Chewie Sat May 18, 2024 10:38 pm

Loomer wrote:Matto with Carty hovering worries me
    I kinda want Carty to come off the bench this round, drop in price, and start on the Edge next week. Not sure what that means for Matto
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 41 - You can't spell "rampant criminality" without NRL - Page 23 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 41 - You can't spell "rampant criminality" without NRL

Post by mrbrownstone Sat May 18, 2024 10:50 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:Nicho 70
    McInnis 52
    Iro 47
    Thumb 46
    Nikora 34
    Atkinson 27

Young 63
    Watson 61
    Nat 57
    Angus 49
    Ted 46
    Walker 42
    Terrell 36
    Cheese 26

Watson twice as many missed tackles as Cheese, incidentally

Very nice for McInnes and Walker, + 7 and 5 respectively.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Sat May 18, 2024 10:51 pm

Bethany_B wrote:How likely do we think Trell is to play Origin?

Based on what's been said in the last few weeks and the games this week, I would guess that Ramien and Critta are ahead of him, but who knows what Madge will do.

If Trell misses out, I'm very interested. Souths have a few winnable games over Origin and they have looked better in the last couple weeks.

If he is fit and available I think you'd be stupid not to pick him. They're missing too much attacking firepower already without intentionally leaving someone like that out.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Sat May 18, 2024 10:56 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:

If he is fit and available I think you'd be stupid not to pick him. They're missing too much attacking firepower already without intentionally leaving someone like that out.

I agree he should be picked, but I'm not entirely convinced Madge will.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Sat May 18, 2024 11:10 pm

As a Maroons fan I want cheezburgs to play, partly because then it mutes the NSW whining about poor selection, and partly because I don't think he'll play well in a disciplined high-effort structure that Madge may want

And because I want to shore up WFB
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Sat May 18, 2024 11:37 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:Didn't get to read a lot, but surprised to see earlier pages with several people not playing Armstrong, or having him in a loop etc. Obviously the fact that he was going to hit 91 was pretty hard to predict, but thought he'd done more than enough so far to be a starting WFB for punters?

Too much back depth for me and was set up to cover Hynes being a late out and all signs pointing to KPP being benched. With KPP starting I figured ~50 is a safer bet from him than 25-50 with a try from Armstrong. Now left hoping one of the wives of Galvin, Grant, Blore or DBrown have a baby due tomorrow or do something crazy like Blore to IPap Laughing
    Cake Tiger
    Cake Tiger

Post by Cake Tiger Sat May 18, 2024 11:46 pm

Bethany_B wrote:How likely do we think Trell is to play Origin?

Based on what's been said in the last few weeks and the games this week, I would guess that Ramien and Critta are ahead of him, but who knows what Madge will do.

If Trell misses out, I'm very interested. Souths have a few winnable games over Origin and they have looked better in the last couple weeks.

I didn't know they were playing some Under 8s teams
    Reklaw
    Reklaw

Post by Reklaw Sat May 18, 2024 11:49 pm

I went to post something condescending about Cotter scoring low but realised I bought Nikora this week. Carry on. In other news, Luki is a bit too awkwardly priced for a punt. Preston and Tago are both probably better punts in the coming weeks
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat May 18, 2024 11:51 pm

Reklaw wrote:I went to post something condescending about Cotter scoring low but realised I bought Nikora this week. Carry on. In other news, Luki is a bit too awkwardly priced for a punt. Preston and Tago are both probably better punts in the coming weeks
    60 minute Luki probably scores as well as 60 minute Preston for $200k less.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Sat May 18, 2024 11:53 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

Too much back depth for me and was set up to cover Hynes being a late out and all signs pointing to KPP being benched. With KPP starting I figured ~50 is a safer bet from him than 25-50 with a try from Armstrong. Now left hoping one of the wives of Galvin, Grant, Blore or DBrown have a baby due tomorrow or do something crazy like Blore to IPap Laughing

Out of curiosity, who are your back three?

lol, isn't Galvin 17 or something? Dude better not have a cheeky young strumpet about to birth their child as I need him as a POD (as a first) in my duel tomorrow.

For the record, I wouldn't be doing anything crazy to get Armstrong's score. Seems a mad concept to me to make a big irreversible call for one score in one round of the entire season for some (probable but not guaranteed) extra points. I'd just stick with hoping one of those madmen gets you a 92. Wink
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat May 18, 2024 11:55 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:

lol, isn't Galvin 17 or something? Dude better not have a cheeky young strumpet about to birth their child as I need him as a POD (as a first) in my duel tomorrow.

For the record, I wouldn't be doing anything crazy to get Armstrong's score. Seems a mad concept to me to make a big irreversible call for one score in one round of the entire season for some (probable but not guaranteed) extra points. I'd just stick with hoping one of those madmen gets you a 92. Wink
    I'd back Brown for 92.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Sun May 19, 2024 12:02 am

Teeth Eater wrote:

I think Galvin's 19, but they grow up fast these days Laughing

Back 3 is Teddy, Weekes and Garrick. Kiraz and Iro at CTR, so I did consider leaving Iro out and moving Garrick up, but Manu being ruled out made me more comfortable playing him.

If knowing KPP would start ahead of time, I'd have put Smithies at MID and started KPP, looping Armstrong and May for 17th man, but hands were tied by the time KPP got the start and Hynes was confirmed in. Tough to let the score go, but hopefully Galvin and Blore can hit 50 just to soften the blow.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sun May 19, 2024 12:12 am

How many Knights do most teams have? Guessing most have Armstrong and one of KPP or Brailey, while some will have all 3?
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Sun May 19, 2024 12:27 am

WT Winfield wrote:

I think Galvin's 19, but they grow up fast these days Laughing

Back 3 is Teddy, Weekes and Garrick. Kiraz and Iro at CTR, so I did consider leaving Iro out and moving Garrick up, but Manu being ruled out made me more comfortable playing him.

If knowing KPP would start ahead of time, I'd have put Smithies at MID and started KPP, looping Armstrong and May for 17th man, but hands were tied by the time KPP got the start and Hynes was confirmed in. Tough to let the score go, but hopefully Galvin and Blore can hit 50 just to soften the blow.

Yeah, sounds like a tough gig. Armstrong definitely putting his hand up to get up in that pecking order but I can see why you found yourself in a situation this week.

mattnz wrote:How many Knights do most teams have? Guessing most have Armstrong and one of KPP or Brailey, while some will have all 3?

All three for me, + Fuller.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Sun May 19, 2024 12:34 am

mattnz wrote:How many Knights do most teams have? Guessing most have Armstrong and one of KPP or Brailey, while some will have all 3?

KPP and Armstrong for me, planning to get Brailey in round 13.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sun May 19, 2024 12:43 am

Bethany_B wrote:

KPP and Armstrong for me, planning to get Brailey in round 13.

Blayke likely to be about the same price in R13.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Sun May 19, 2024 1:03 am

This round without Weekes and Armstrong has absolutely burnt me. Throw in the Joliffee injury and its just absolutely cooked. Need some miracles tomorrow for even the slightest bit of redemption.

Funnily enough, entering the round I felt quite okay with how my squad looked and how it may perform. Fml.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Sun May 19, 2024 1:06 am

I have those three but all being well if my five Sunday players (Grant, Blore, Galvin, Fainu, Aitken) get through unharmed will have 18 green dots next week and can loop between Atkinson and Shoes for final spot. If a couple of them get injured then I suppose it's more trades.

706/12c at the moment. Probably about par despite leaving points on the table by captaining Angus.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sun May 19, 2024 2:29 am

my tv broke wrote:Wonder if anyone grabbed watson in the last few weeks. Would have been a good pickup.
    Yes Austin from Amateurs think he was up there top 300 going into this round.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sun May 19, 2024 2:47 am

BCT05 wrote:

Oh wow. I think Rabbits might have traded him in? affraid
    I did mate but not in my playing 17 safely in my emergencies. He’s not injured just been crook all week and went into the game crook. Host back next week will push Arrow to middle. Hopefully still 35mins for Moale maybe 40 at best lol. We had Havili and Milne playing prop tonight weird rotations but I guess is what it was Moale wasn’t well enough to come back on.

Dion will get a week or 2 for that on Dearden too. Probs Cody to 7 and Wighton to 6 next week. Milne or Chee Kam if back at centre like shuffling deck chairs on the fucking titanic!

We were close in that game just decimated in the forwards. Hard to see where our next win will come from. Lol at the media going at Trell and Souths fans I actually thought he played quite well tonight overall did more good than bad.

My fav I think was when the touchie called out forward pass against the Cows see it worked they heard me lol!

Score update after getting Armstrong 89 in the loop I’m 11/687 C Cotter the let down with 6 left tomrrow.

On another the weather is freezing in Sydney winter is upon us it feels like.

I been resting still can’t shake this virus still somewhat coughing and flu like symptoms better than I was though.

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:36 am