NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 61 - Play The One Who Scores The Most Points, Duh

Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 61 - Play The One Who Scores The Most Points, Duh - Page 27 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 61 - Play The One Who Scores The Most Points, Duh

Post by Loomer Tue Jul 30, 2024 12:55 pm

wolfking wrote:

With 3 trades, I wouldn't be trading a green dot that can score 70 points.  What if Fog gets a 45 this week?
    If Plath last week wasn't enough of a lesson
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 61 - Play The One Who Scores The Most Points, Duh - Page 27 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 61 - Play The One Who Scores The Most Points, Duh

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Jul 30, 2024 1:06 pm

wolfking wrote:

With 3 trades, I wouldn't be trading a green dot that can score 70 points.  What if Fog gets a 45 this week?

Yeah mate, that's definitely my fear and the "logic" I've played with all year. But I missed out on a top four spot and two shots at it last week, by seven points. I could point the finger at several under-performers, but guys like Galvin and Curran had some type of excuse. The problem with Nikora is that it does really seem to be either a 30 or 70 at the moment. This is fine for overall, but as evidenced last week, the 30's can be a season ender in H2H.

I also think the Sharks are absolute toast now, though who knows what happens this week against Bunnies, who are similarly toasted.

As a H2H player, there's nothing I dislike more than really erratic scorers, and Nikora is definitely one of them.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Jul 30, 2024 1:07 pm

Loomer wrote:
    If Plath last week wasn't enough of a lesson

Haha, I traded Plath out of my Auto-Fill Team. It was for Fogarty, for whatever that's worth, but still annoying.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Jul 30, 2024 1:10 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:

Yeah mate, that's definitely my fear and the "logic" I've played with all year. But I missed out on a top four spot and two shots at it last week, by seven points. I could point the finger at several under-performers, but guys like Galvin and Curran had some type of excuse. The problem with Nikora is that it does really seem to be either a 30 or 70 at the moment. This is fine for overall, but as evidenced last week, the 30's can be a season ender in H2H.  

I also think the Sharks are absolute toast now, though who knows what happens this week against Bunnies, who are similarly toasted.

As a H2H player, there's nothing I dislike more than really erratic scorers, and Nikora is definitely one of them.

Sounds like you've made the decision yourself to trade Nikora then mate. Don't let us try and talk you out of it.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Tue Jul 30, 2024 1:14 pm

my tv broke wrote:
    Khany wrote:Probably blow 3 of my last 6 trades this week.  Some too good to refuse.

setting off honeysett's keyword alert notifications here

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 61 - Play The One Who Scores The Most Points, Duh - Page 27 Giphy
    Jumping Marlin
    Jumping Marlin

Post by Jumping Marlin Tue Jul 30, 2024 1:17 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:

Can you loop Nikora?
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Tue Jul 30, 2024 1:22 pm

B/L wrote:

The charge is well underway mate.

oh shite i'm playing you
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Jul 30, 2024 1:23 pm

Jumping Marlin wrote:

Can you loop Nikora?

Yep, with Garrick this week, then Roosters next week and Haas following (though I can't see me getting that far this year, sadly) I can keep looping Nikora.

But when you get that point, I think to myself if I should be wasting my loop on a 734K player when I have KPP and Starling that are solid loop options, and should I put that 734K towards someone I'm comfortable playing every week? Like I said above, no way I'm questioning whether or not to play Fogarty or Fifita every week.

If I had two more trades I wouldn't even ask the question. The main factor is, is it a silly way to use one of the last three trades, so many weeks out from the end of the season?
    ShadowSabre
    ShadowSabre

Post by ShadowSabre Tue Jul 30, 2024 1:33 pm

Wondering about trade or no trade this week based on only 3 trades left and the following squad:

Cook
    Haas, AFB, Plath
    Fifita, Kolo
    Cleary, Galvin
    Wighton, Iro
    Teddy, JC, Kiraz

Curran, Blore, Twal, Jensen
    Weekes, Hands, Fa'alogo, Sharpe

Am I mad to consider using one of the trades for Twal or Jensen to one of Ponga or Carrigan or should I just be keeping the 3 trades for the inevitable injuries or resting shenanigans to come?
    Just mindful of trying to keep pushing the ranking up and optimising my weekly score
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Jul 30, 2024 1:40 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:

Yep, with Garrick this week, then Roosters next week and Haas following (though I can't see me getting that far this year, sadly) I can keep looping Nikora.

But when you get that point, I think to myself if I should be wasting my loop on a 734K player when I have KPP and Starling that are solid loop options, and should I put that 734K towards someone I'm comfortable playing every week? Like I said above, no way I'm questioning whether or not to play Fogarty or Fifita every week.

If I had two more trades I wouldn't even ask the question. The main factor is, is it a silly way to use one of the last three trades, so many weeks out from the end of the season?

Didn't realise Nikora had gotten that expensive. His last 5 average before last week is 66, so it's a big kneejerk call to trade him now, but could be one of those masterstroke gut feel trade outs where he goes on and scores a 40 average the rest of the year or something. Just go with your gut mate and what works best for your team. I do think it's asking for trouble as I said, but it does seem like you've already made the decision.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Jul 30, 2024 1:45 pm

ShadowSabre wrote:Wondering about trade or no trade this week based on only 3 trades left and the following squad:

Cook
    Haas, AFB, Plath
    Fifita, Kolo
    Cleary, Galvin
    Wighton, Iro
    Teddy, JC, Kiraz

Curran, Blore, Twal, Jensen
    Weekes, Hands, Fa'alogo, Sharpe

Am I mad to consider using one of the trades for Twal or Jensen to one of Ponga or Carrigan or should I just be keeping the 3 trades for the inevitable injuries or resting shenanigans to come?
    Just mindful of trying to keep pushing the ranking up and optimising my weekly score

The thing is, no one really knows how many trades is enough heading into the final weeks of the season. It's all guesswork and luck. Your 3 trades might be used next week with injuries, or you might get to round 27 with still 3 trades remaining.

Looking at your squad, using a trade on one of those two is luxurious but I get why you'd want to upgrade them. You could have a couple of dead spots though with Fa'alongo and maybe Sharpe (depending if he does play wing), so that's something else you need to consider. 4 players in the EMG with cemented roles over possibly 2 really makes using a trade on a green dot IMO pretty risky, but again, no one knows.

Post by Guest Tue Jul 30, 2024 1:52 pm

Have ranked in order my priority trade outs.

Weekes
    Wishart
    S. Fainu
    Lemu
    Willisson

a couple will stay unfortunately
    ShadowSabre
    ShadowSabre

Post by ShadowSabre Tue Jul 30, 2024 1:59 pm

wolfking wrote:

The thing is, no one really knows how many trades is enough heading into the final weeks of the season.  It's all guesswork and luck.  Your 3 trades might be used next week with injuries, or you might get to round 27 with still 3 trades remaining.  

Looking at your squad, using a trade on one of those two is luxurious but I get why you'd want to upgrade them.  You could have a couple of dead spots though with Fa'alongo and maybe Sharpe (depending if he does play wing), so that's something else you need to consider.  4 players in the EMG with cemented roles over possibly 2 really makes using a trade on a green dot IMO pretty risky, but again, no one knows.

Cheers for that, probably sways me to at least wait another week with the trades in hand and not get carried away.
    Is tempting to trade one of Sharpe or Fa'alogo to shore up the weak EMG I have, but with little cash (69k) to upgrade them I am weary of trading in another shitto in their price range for potentially the same dead spot
    yanjarra
    yanjarra

Post by yanjarra Tue Jul 30, 2024 2:03 pm

Bullbender wrote:

Nice. Going to be tough to beat. About as fast as I ever got as an 18yo bloke.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Jul 30, 2024 2:19 pm

ShadowSabre wrote:

Cheers for that, probably sways me to at least wait another week with the trades in hand and not get carried away.
    Is tempting to trade one of Sharpe or Fa'alogo to shore up the weak EMG I have, but with little cash (69k) to upgrade them I am weary of trading in another shitto in their price range for potentially the same dead spot

I wouldn't worry about using a trade on an EMG just because, especially if you don't even know of you'll ever need to use them. Can always trade as you need it if something pops up. Again, depends on your goals and go with your gut. If Sharpe gets a wing spot that helps you out a lot too.
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Tue Jul 30, 2024 2:36 pm

Revraiser wrote:

What round did he dip out, that means you were down to single figures a while ago... ?

3 weeks ago - down to 2, then got the +4.
    Yes, I've been a trade-whore.
    My bad.

Every year Rev, every year.
    I just never learn.
    lol!
    Tigs
    Tigs

Post by Tigs Tue Jul 30, 2024 2:43 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Jul 30, 2024 2:55 pm

Having Strange and Gray scoring 40+ in EMG until you need them for a 20 will be a thing before this season ends
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Tue Jul 30, 2024 3:00 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Having Strange and Gray scoring 40+ in EMG until you need them for a 20 will be a thing before this season ends

Absolutely, need to loop Gray and Weekes for Garrick this round. Scored 52 & 38 respectively last round but guaranteed neither reach 35 on the weekend.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Tue Jul 30, 2024 3:02 pm

Aardvark wrote:

Absolutely, need to loop Gray and Weekes for Garrick this round. Scored 52 & 38 respectively last round but guaranteed neither reach 35 on the weekend.
    Haha at this point I have Marzhew and Gray in the Garrick loop

Both players away to the Panthers and Sharks respectively is not ideal

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:12 am