NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Mattnz's circle-jerk Talakai jizzathon

Mulvy
    Mulvy

Mattnz's circle-jerk Talakai jizzathon Empty Mattnz's circle-jerk Talakai jizzathon

Post by Mulvy Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:55 pm

Rules.

1. Matt to post all of his self back-patting posts in here.

Mattnz's circle-jerk Talakai jizzathon Give-yourself-a-pat-on-the-back

Yeah, that's it.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Mattnz's circle-jerk Talakai jizzathon Empty Re: Mattnz's circle-jerk Talakai jizzathon

Post by Revraiser Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:02 pm

Do you have to wear a rubber in here ?
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Mattnz's circle-jerk Talakai jizzathon Empty Re: Mattnz's circle-jerk Talakai jizzathon

Post by mattnz Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:03 pm

Lol, looking forward to a lot of Talakai! and Talatalo! posts in here, with fellow owners who can appreciate it.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:03 pm

Revraiser wrote:Do you have to wear a rubber in here ?

Wouldn't be much of a jizzathon if you had to, right?
    Rapture_NRL
    Rapture_NRL

Post by Rapture_NRL Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:05 pm

The minute Talakai scores less than 50 people will be roasting him as a pick
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:09 pm

Don't forget to call us for the next Toolbox Talakai talk Matt.
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:30 pm

Mattnz's circle-jerk Talakai jizzathon GettyImages-1314147276-696x464

Post by Guest Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:10 pm

Happy Talakai owner here. Let the jizzathon begin
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:16 pm

Glad to be a fellow worshipper of the LORD Talakai
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:05 pm

After the knights game I knew I had to trade for him, the way sharks play he was always gonna be so involved and dominatt

no sensible coach would consider moving or dropping him,

Got him in ASAP for plenty of points and cash

Long may it continue

Sharks are such a good attacking side

Plus he is showing great work rate
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:47 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:After the knights game I knew I had to trade for him, the way sharks play he was always gonna be so involved and dominatt

no sensible coach would consider moving or dropping him,

Got him in ASAP for plenty of points and cash

Long may it continue

Sharks are such a good attacking side

Plus he is showing great work rate

Yep, looking like the buy of the year at $424k when many of us brought him in after that game. The ongoing PODdyness of him due to perceived risk factors when he was cheap just makes having him even sweeter.

Nice to have a safe place to discuss him Smile

Not sure why others that don't have him don't see him being in Turbo 2021 form. I think they are just in denial. The game this week was as good as any game Turbo played last season.

I expect most bring in Hastings this week and from what I have heard in the chat so far, everyone that doesn't already have Talakai see him as too expensive after this week, at high $600ks. I think they are in real danger of missing the standout player who will score much higher than anyone else in their position.

Currently averaging 73 at CTR, which is likely unsustainable, but 55-60 could easily be possible for the rest of the season. Buying him at a 47 price point is still a deal for a guy in his form, who will have a negative BE again next week.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:01 am

mattnz wrote:

Yep, looking like the buy of the year at $424k when many of us brought him in after that game. The ongoing PODdyness of him due to perceived risk factors when he was cheap just makes having him even sweeter.

Nice to have a safe place to discuss him Smile

Not sure why others that don't have him don't see him being in Turbo 2021 form. I think they are just in denial. The game this week was as good as any game Turbo played last season.

I expect most bring in Hastings this week and from what I have heard in the chat so far, everyone that doesn't already have Talakai see him as too expensive after this week, at high $600ks. I think they are in real danger of missing the standout player who will score much higher than anyone else in their position.

Currently averaging 73 at CTR, which is likely unsustainable, but 55-60 could easily be possible for the rest of the season. Buying him at a 47 price point is still a deal for a guy in his form, who will have a negative BE again next week.

One reason I jumped on him was having missed potential cows in tago, may etc I didn’t want to be stranded

(Side bar got starling early though)

I’d be pleasantly surprised if he does a Tommy turbo

I think a good comparison would be Dave fifita, just don’t see how the tb, offloads and tries don’t continue due to the way they play him and the fact sharks will win majority of games
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:53 pm

I for one am a salty non-owner and won't be stepping foot back in here.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:59 pm

Snatchpato wrote:I for one am a salty non-owner and won't be stepping foot back in here.

Ur tainted now, matter of time.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:58 pm

Snatchpato wrote:I for one am a salty non-owner and won't be stepping foot back in here.

Only one way to sort this mate,

Trade him in

Trade him in

One of us

One of us
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:30 pm

Talakai now by far the highest cash gaining in the comp and has a BE of -15 this week!
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:50 pm

mattnz wrote:Talakai now by far the highest cash gaining in the comp and has a BE of -15 this week!

Mattnz's circle-jerk Talakai jizzathon Giphy
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:18 pm

mattnz wrote:Talakai now by far the highest cash gaining in the comp and has a BE of -15 this week!

Still don’t know what BEs are let alone negative breakevens but let this choo choo train continue!

mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:38 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:

Still don’t know what BEs are let alone negative breakevens but let this choo choo train continue!

A Break Even (BE) is the expected score at which a player will have the same price at the end of the round as they had going into it. It doesn't always work out that way, it is much more complicated, based on what the total scoring is across all players, but I won't bore you with that level of detail. Consider it to be an estimate.

By example:
    A player is $500k and has a BE of 10, if they score more than 10 we expect their price to go up that week.

When a player has a negative break even, if they score 0, they would still get a price increase. With a negative break even of -15, if Talakai scores decently, like a 50, he would still go up in value something like $70k this round.

If you have a couple of players that you are considering bringing in, one this week and one next week and you expect them to score similarly, bring in the one with the lower BE this week first.

A good example would be if you thought you wanted both Tevaga and Brandon Smith, with one coming in this week and one next week:
    - Tevaga has an estimated BE of 15
    - Smith has a BE of 39

Assuming they are likely to have similar scoring, you would buy Tevaga this week and Smith next week, as this would save cash in purchasing them both.

We have a saying that we often use in fantasy circles, that BEs don't determine who you should buy, but when you should buy them. There is some level of truth to this, but a low BE for an in form player is always enticing.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:44 am

mattnz wrote:

A Break Even (BE) is the expected score at which a player will have the same price at the end of the round as they had going into it. It doesn't always work out that way, it is much more complicated, based on what the total scoring is across all players, but I won't bore you with that level of detail. Consider it to be an estimate.

By example:
    A player is $500k and has a BE of 10, if they score more than 10 we expect their price to go up that week.

When a player has a negative break even, if they score 0, they would still get a price increase. With a negative break even of -15, if Talakai scores decently, like a 50, he would still go up in value something like $70k this round.

If you have a couple of players that you are considering bringing in, one this week and one next week and you expect them to score similarly, bring in the one with the lower BE this week first.

A good example would be if you thought you wanted both Tevaga and Brandon Smith, with one coming in this week and one next week:
    - Tevaga has an estimated BE of 15
    - Smith has a BE of 39

Assuming they are likely to have similar scoring, you would buy Tevaga this week and Smith next week, as this would save cash in purchasing them both.

We have a saying that we often use in fantasy circles, that BEs don't determine who you should buy, but when you should buy them. There is some level of truth to this, but a low BE for an in form player is always enticing.

That’s useful to know appreciate the detailed response

I know my NRL but I don’t know much about the technical mechanics of fantasy

Thanks

Current date/time is Sun Sep 08, 2024 11:49 am