NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 42 - Tofu Haggis

toast
    toast

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 42 - Tofu Haggis - Page 11 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 42 - Tofu Haggis

Post by toast Tue May 10, 2022 11:05 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

None in Rds 6 or 9? I can't believe it either. Scoring must be rigged.

Rd 6 had a bunch but nothing after that. A couple 68s but that's just a tease and shouldn't even be in the conversation. Think I'll write a letter.
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 42 - Tofu Haggis - Page 11 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 42 - Tofu Haggis

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Tue May 10, 2022 11:06 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

True I would have preferred to have used less trades too haha
    Didn't MTB share a stat about winners and where they started the year as well
    Simply put its a big head start getting most of the right players up front and those extra trades will be gold over the byes
    I would say the difference of say finishing top 10k or top 1k is probably the trades
    So it pays not to give up and at least have a crack or go hard on the byes as thats probably a jump on most (outside the forum)

Sorry to keep harping on about the McInnes club, but Booze as a sharkies man what do you reckon about the lineup? Is McInnes worth a pick up with some big mins over the last couple weeks? Thinking of getting him for my h2h team but risky as he's named at 14 this week, although late switches like last week could be on the cards for sure
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue May 10, 2022 11:06 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

You're obviously trying to talk yourself into To'o, so just go for it.

Although if you're insistent on an Origin WFB I don't know why you don't just buy Turbo, or if you can't afford him then Ponga.

I'm not buying Turbo this week because I can't afford him and also get Adam Elliott, if I were to get Turbo I would have to buy yet another somewhat risky cheapie (Burbo and Havili would be top 2 candidates)

As for Ponga, I didn't realise he was as cheap as he is, thought he was a bit more expensive, and his draw is very nice between now and post-Origin (Dogs Broncos Warriors then bye, Panthers, Raiders and Titans), so I might take him instead of To'o and hope he can get another ton sometime.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Tue May 10, 2022 11:12 pm

toast wrote:

Rd 6 had a bunch but nothing after that. A couple 68s but that's just a tease and shouldn't even be in the conversation. Think I'll write a letter.

Yeah I misread that part haha. Just saw a 6 and Rd 9 completed and the endorphins kicked in Cool
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue May 10, 2022 11:12 pm

White Lightning wrote:Who would you play (a) Starling or (b) Ilias

Here is my team:
    Randall
    Haas, Taumalolo, Tapine
    TPJ, Fermor
    Cleary (c), Burton
    Tago, Penisini
    Hynes, May, S, Crichton

Starling, Cotter, M. King, A. Elliott
    Ilias, Leo Thompson, Billy Smith, Rushton

Thanks.

That's actually a tough one. I have both and have to play one. I didn't even consider dropping Starling. Warriors might be terrible, but so are the bunnies and Ilias has been terrible too most of the year (fantasy wise, been decent irl). But Starling struggling with Alliot starting and against the Sharks. But Sharks could really struggle with Hynes at FB. Him running the show at half is one of the big reasons for Sharks improvement. I'll probably play Starling. But if Taaffe is out might be able to conjure a double loop.
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Tue May 10, 2022 11:18 pm

Wonder if Murray's injury had anything to do with the Lawnton tackle.

The type of injury is something you would expect to see in a tackle of that nature.

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2022 11:26 pm

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:

Sorry to keep harping on about the McInnes club, but Booze as a sharkies man what do you reckon about the lineup? Is McInnes worth a pick up with some big mins over the last couple weeks? Thinking of getting him for my h2h team but risky as he's named at 14 this week, although late switches like last week could be on the cards for sure

The issue is he doesn't need to play 80mins
    Look at him as a 60-65min lock
    I think the big kicker is starting players usually get a nice base in the early grind and have potential to get extra time through injury/form
    Also the starter could be playing a blinder so he comes on a little later

With the big raiders pack it might be strategic to bring him off the bench  when they are tired
    The big sharks can match them so why wear out Mcinnes early.

So as a starting lock, then he is a gun keeper
    As a bench lock he is borderline

I don't think you lose if your expectations are reasonable but maybe more 45-50s than 55s-60s
    He is a good player, an important piece and should get good minutes regardless and at his price he should't lose money
    If you like him then get him as there is definite upside

Fantasy vs real life is tricky but I love him as a player so what have you got to lose if you like him

TLDR: Buy him for safe role and minutes
    The rest is down to fitzy and perhaps some luck just don't expect 60s (though possible)
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Tue May 10, 2022 11:32 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

The issue is he doesn't need to play 80mins
    Look at him as a 60-65min lock
    I think the big kicker is starting players usually get a nice base in the early grind and have potential to get extra time through injury/form
    Also the starter could be playing a blinder so he comes on a little later

With the big raiders pack it might be strategic to bring him off the bench  when they are tired
    The big sharks can match them so why wear out Mcinnes early.

So as a starting lock, then he is a gun keeper
    As a bench lock he is borderline

I don't think you lose if your expectations are reasonable but maybe more 45-50s than 55s-60s
    He is a good player, an important piece and should get good minutes regardless and at his price he should't lose money
    If you like him then get him as there is definite upside

Fantasy vs real life is tricky but I love him as a player so what have you got to lose if you like him

TLDR: Buy him for safe role and minutes
    The rest is down to fitzy and perhaps some luck just don't expect 60s (though possible)

Awesome mate, Appreciate that! Raised some very valid points.

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2022 11:35 pm

B/L wrote:Wonder if Murray's injury had anything to do with the Lawnton tackle.

The type of injury is something you would expect to see in a tackle of that nature.

I was thinking to myself earlier they were thrashing murray and it was only a matter before he broke
    Great for fantasy but he look knackered at times out there and thats usually when injuries happen too
    It could be the tackle but the amount of tackles murray makes things like that can happen so did he get his head caught wrong>
    Perhaps a good old rabbitohs coverup, maybe carrying this for a while and playing through making it worse?
    Maybe he hurt it in Rabs swimming pool?
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue May 10, 2022 11:47 pm

Thanks to rhinoceroo for the Ponga tip, I think he's the one to get.

He has only played one bottom 8 team this whole season, and he scored 102 in that. For the rest of the season, the Knights only have 6 of their remaining 15 games against teams currently in the top 8 (Broncos round 11, Panthers round 14, Manly round 18, Roosters round 19, Broncos round 22, Sharks round 25), and 2 of those 6 games are in post-Origin weeks, meaning Ponga might not even back up for them.

Currently priced in the low 40s I think he's about to go on a huge run

Post by Guest Tue May 10, 2022 11:51 pm

Well there goes the night haha,good or bad you all copped a couple pages of booze while I was painting some stuff up
    Quota met means I get the next few weeks off posting now haha
    Good luck all and enjoy the magic round
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue May 10, 2022 11:59 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

Yeah I misread that part haha. Just saw a 6 and Rd 9 completed and the endorphins kicked in Cool  

For what it's worth, I'm currently 69th in the NRL FF 2022 FOG league.
    EJ24
    EJ24

Post by EJ24 Wed May 11, 2022 12:03 am

Who is the more urgent trade out of Jones and Leo ?

Leo seems to have peaked with the minutes he is getting but he has the starting role and shouldn't lose cash. Maybe some upside for a 40 point game.

Jones is still injured and with Fitzy back is his spot gone ?
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed May 11, 2022 12:28 am

Have done papy and Leo out for drinkwater and Walsh

Their prices were two tempting and both round 13,

I am not settled on this and can see a revert to default in my future

Happy to take any critiscm

I don’t need any position other than wfb there was no one more gun (teddy, turbo) who I didn’t feel had draw related or origin related issues
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Wed May 11, 2022 1:01 am

EJ24 wrote:Who is the more urgent trade out of Jones and Leo ?

Leo seems to have peaked with the minutes he is getting but he has the starting role and shouldn't lose cash. Maybe some upside for a 40 point game.

Jones is still injured and with Fitzy back is his spot gone ?

I don't think either are urgent in any way as I don't see either losing any cash... also don't see them making any more either.

Leo is a very well known entity, though, as in you know what he'll score week in / week out, and Jones, at this point is a very unknown entity. Seems to me he'll struggle to get any sort of relevant role again this year, though, so I've happily moved on from him as Leo plods along in my team before I decide what to do with him.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Wed May 11, 2022 1:20 am

I think I'm going to hold trades this week. I have three really distinct options-

1. trade because there's no good options but I don't want to cop Schneider's price losses, so it'd look something like Schneider to Burbo. Take the cash and run, but risk Burbo as a red dot next week.

2. Trade Pappy and the world's my oyster. Straight swap to a Tohu or A.Chichton, would probably be my two main targets. Or bring in Schneider to the trade and go for Ipap, which sadly, would again involve a Burbo and another used trade.

3. Or just hold. Used all but one trade so far and nothing is really drawing me in. As I'm in it primarily for H2H, I think holding Pappy through what's a pretty dead period with Origin anyway is probably my best move. Leaves me no cover for a lot of positions if I set my team up like this, but I can play May at WFB with Teddy and Hynes, Talakai with Burton in CTR and move Elliot up to EDG with superstar Tuilagi.

Well, for the sake of easiness, it'd look like this-

Grant
    Haas / Cotter / M.King
    Elliot / Tuilagi
    Cleary / Hastings
    Burton / Talakai
    Teddy / Hynes / May

Randall / Starling / Schneider / Pappy
    Lou T. / Walters / Lee / Koula

Yes, there is filth like Walters in there but I don't like the options for trade ins. Thankfully, I get to see the full updated team lists in case I want to make a trade prior to that match, such as Walters to Burbo should it appeal to me. Or Schneider to Burbo.

Being that I am not overly concerned about R13, I did actually consider Starling/Schneider to Ipap and someone like Burbo too, but doing that means I have to play someone very undesirable in my team, as if it's not undesirable enough already.

Anyway, they're my thoughts at 1:20am, less than 5 hours before I need to be up for work. Should've probably called this a few hours ago...

NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 42 - Tofu Haggis - Page 11 Giphy
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed May 11, 2022 2:20 am

Any reason that I should not go

Papenhuyzen ==> Meaney
    Nanai ==> Tohu Harris

I got players to sort out like DWalker, Schneider, Walters and Lee - but I can see Tofu Haggis being a POD for the ages, that everyone is going to struggle to bring in after he averages 65 odd.

It would give me

Grant
    Papalii Cotter Crichton
    Harris Tuilagi
    Cleary Hastings
    Koula Crichton
    Meaney Tedesco Hynes

Randall Walker Ilias Tago
    Schneider Walters Lee Rushton
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed May 11, 2022 3:37 am

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:Any reason that I should not go

Papenhuyzen ==> Meaney
    Nanai  ==> Tohu Harris

I got players to sort out like DWalker, Schneider, Walters and Lee - but I can see Tofu Haggis being a POD for the ages, that everyone is going to struggle to bring in after he averages 65 odd.

It would give me

Grant
    Papalii Cotter Crichton
    Harris Tuilagi
    Cleary Hastings
    Koula Crichton
    Meaney Tedesco Hynes

Randall Walker Ilias Tago
    Schneider Walters Lee Rushton

If Tohu comes straight back averaging 65 he'll be a POD for approximately two weeks. You'll have saved yourself 30k on the deal, with the other possibility being that he may well *not* average 65 in a couple of low-minute games where he's getting match fitness, and everyone picks him up anyway at sub-700k before the bye. It's a no for me.

Also, with Rnd13 in mind, I'd sell any one of the players you've mentioned, as well as Randall and Tuilagi, before Nanai.
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Wed May 11, 2022 4:52 am

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:Have done papy and Leo out for drinkwater and Walsh

Their prices were two tempting and both round 13,

I am not settled on this and can see a revert to default in my future

Happy to take any critiscm

I don’t need any position other than wfb there was no one more gun (teddy, turbo) who I didn’t feel had draw related or origin related issues

I sold Walsh last week because quickly lost 100k with -1 in Storm 2nd half and 17 in 83 vs Raiders with 8 from goal kicks
    Drinkwater has 29 twice when doesn't score try big BE atm 600k no big run metre base and Storm and Penrith in next 3.

These are awful mate. Honestly think they will burn you

I'd rather get a gun that plays Origin at a discount

Last edited by Loomer on Wed May 11, 2022 5:11 am; edited 1 time in total
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed May 11, 2022 5:00 am

Loomer wrote:

I sold Walsh last week because quickly lost 100k with -1 in Storm 2nd half and 17 in 83 vs Raiders with 8 from goal kicks
    Drinkwater has 29 twice when doesn't score try big BE atm 600k no big run metre base and Storm and Penrith in next 3.

These are awful mate. Honestly think they will burn you

This is the kind of real talk I need, danke

Though I still want to do both, or one, I’ve a day or two to decide

But I appreciate the warning

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:48 pm