NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL fantasy 2022 - Part 48 - Would the real bye planners please stand up? Please stand up?

Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

NRL fantasy 2022 - Part 48 - Would the real bye planners please stand up? Please stand up? - Page 26 Empty Re: NRL fantasy 2022 - Part 48 - Would the real bye planners please stand up? Please stand up?

Post by Revraiser Thu May 26, 2022 9:33 am

I know trades are valuable and there's burning through them and crashing,but some of the players people keep as dead spots or week to week queries puzzle me.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL fantasy 2022 - Part 48 - Would the real bye planners please stand up? Please stand up? - Page 26 Empty Re: NRL fantasy 2022 - Part 48 - Would the real bye planners please stand up? Please stand up?

Post by Milchcow Thu May 26, 2022 9:47 am

i am keeping Turbo this week

Trading out Randall + Tuilagi for Tohu + Kiraz

Deal with Turbo next week. This week I'll use him to loop Koula+Kiraz
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu May 26, 2022 9:53 am

ShadowSabre wrote:Man once again Lone Scout just proving the drop off in quality
    In this week's news he's referring to players from the Broncs and the Eels as RD13 options:

"If you're moving him on to someone like Papali'i or Harris then it's a no-brainer as you know you're probably going to cover his points in Round 13 even if he does return" - On trading Lolo.

"Two things to keep in mind, though. The first being he seems more and more likely to make the Maroons Origin side, so don't plan on having him for Round 13" - On whether Cobbo is a good shout or not.

Surely someone providing fantasy advice should at least know which teams are playing the byes Bang

It really has got terrible the moment CK departed NRL.com
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu May 26, 2022 9:58 am

Is Randall to Tevaga probably a trade worth making or are you better off going for Elliot and saving 160k
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu May 26, 2022 10:02 am

robelgordo wrote:

It really has got terrible the moment CK departed NRL.com

Yeah I used to enjoy reading the nrl fantasy articles,as short as they are anyway. But it's a farce now. Hilarious
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu May 26, 2022 10:07 am

Revraiser wrote:

Yeah I used to enjoy reading the nrl fantasy articles,as short as they are anyway. But it's a farce now. Hilarious

They make these short vids as well...they are comically bad
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu May 26, 2022 10:09 am

Aardvark wrote:

They make these short vids as well...they are comically bad

Not Matty John's breakdown class ?

Should I punt Reynolds mate ? What would u do if u had him ?
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu May 26, 2022 10:15 am

Revraiser wrote:

Not Matty John's breakdown class ?

Should I punt Reynolds mate ? What would u do if u had him ?

If you can hold & field a team this week I probably would. He has a couple of weeks off to get right so you can get more of a feel for how he is travelling. Generally you get pretty good intel on the Broncos players so you should have a good idea if he suits up round 14 before the round starts.

I think if he stays fit he scores well...he was a great pick up for a while there.

If you need to get rid of him I would only do it for a season long option so you aren't tempted to waste the $$ on a bunch of hopeful numpties (you already have DCE right?)
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Post by Cap'n Ranta Thu May 26, 2022 10:20 am

Bit harsh - The Lolo comment makes sense (but is poorly worded).

Papali'i points in rd 12 will likely cover what Lolo gets in Rd 13.
    Tohu plays weeks 12 and 13 so would be a way better option though............

The Cobbo not being available in rd 13 is far less defensible...................... I mean its not wrong but the logic Drunk
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu May 26, 2022 10:21 am

Revraiser wrote:

Cobbo and Campbell good buys in the latest LS article.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu May 26, 2022 10:24 am

Aardvark wrote:

If you can hold & field a team this week I probably would. He has a couple of weeks off to get right so you can get more of a feel for how he is travelling. Generally you get pretty good intel on the Broncos players so you should have a good idea if he suits up round 14 before the round starts.

I think if he stays fit he scores well...he was a great pick up for a while there.

If you need to get rid of him I would only do it for a season long option so you aren't tempted to waste the $$ on a bunch of hopeful numpties (you already have DCE right?)

Yeah have DCE, my inclination is to use Reynos value this week and get any player of choice, but that's the impatient route. Thinking Harris.

Maybe Ur right, hold. Trades are low here.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu May 26, 2022 10:26 am

robelgordo wrote:

I mean, I have looked at Camobell myself the past two weeks,but that says where I'm at fantasy wise.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu May 26, 2022 10:38 am

As the week goes on I'm becoming more resigned to letting Lolo go......I can trade straight to Harris and have enough left in the bank to upgrade someone else next week. Tohu is a sensible addition who provide a (c) option next week and Lolo is no certainty to either suit up next week or be anything other than an up and down scorer for the rest of the season.

Have had him from the start so the $ hit isn't drastic.

If I don't do that I'm bring in someone like Cheese or Sexton for Thompson and I'm not entirely convinced. Those trades can be made next week anyway.

Anyone convince me otherwise?
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu May 26, 2022 10:50 am

I've got Turbo Lolo Reynolds Randall WSmith, all possible trade outs. Ezra in ?
    Mr Snrub
    Mr Snrub

Post by Mr Snrub Thu May 26, 2022 10:56 am

You can definitely tell there's a new Lone Scout writer. Their advice is all over the place.

Few weeks ago they said get Burbo in now. 2 tries, 80 minutes back row, do it.

Can't predict injuries but what they didn't consider was he was playing in the centres that week and his job security wasn't great.

mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Thu May 26, 2022 11:09 am

robelgordo wrote:

Came here to mention this. Surely Cobbo is the trap to end all traps?

9 tries, 4 LBs, and 21 TBs in 3 games.

Before going on this run he had a high score of 36, currently priced at nearly 40. That includes scores of 6 against the Warriors and 12 against the Bulldogs earlier in the year, which rules out any "he's got a good draw" arguments.

He's overpriced with a negative BE, the whole thing screams Talakai 2.0 to me.
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Thu May 26, 2022 11:09 am

Had kind of written off Jazz in my mind early this week as $650k seems a lot for him but having a proper look and his scoring history when playing over 50mins suggests that maybe he is still a good buy. Certainly seems he is going to get the minutes now, sure wish I got him sub 600k though. Would be between him or Sexton for me this week.
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Thu May 26, 2022 11:10 am

Cap'n Ranta wrote:Bit harsh - The Lolo comment makes sense (but is poorly worded).

Papali'i points in rd 12 will likely cover what Lolo gets in Rd 13.
    Tohu plays weeks 12 and 13 so would be a way better option though............

The Cobbo not being available in rd 13 is far less defensible...................... I mean its not wrong but the logic Drunk
    Nah, whoever is writing as the Lonescout is just yanking the chain.
    jocolor
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Thu May 26, 2022 11:15 am

Mr Snrub wrote:You can definitely tell there's a new Lone Scout writer. Their advice is all over the place.

Few weeks ago they said get Burbo in now. 2 tries, 80 minutes back row, do it.  

Can't predict injuries but what they didn't consider was he was playing in the centres that week and his job security wasn't great.

I'm like 99% sure the new LS is Rabbits's mate from the LMC discord Paulie G, he's started appearing in NRL.com videos where he didn't used to.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu May 26, 2022 11:24 am

Like personally I'm casting my net wider than LS before making my bad decisions, but I used to think it was a really good basic/intermediate summation of team lists and key questions for the week. To the point where a casual player with a good instinct/analytical approach could probably read those 2 articles, take 15 minutes to make their trade choices, and with a slice of luck do quite well. Not sure that's true anymore.

Current date/time is Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:07 am