NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

The Music Thread

standard-issue
    standard-issue

The Music Thread - Page 23 Empty Re: The Music Thread

Post by standard-issue Fri Jul 26, 2024 1:40 pm

No Worries wrote:I've got one ticket to Iron Maiden, baby
    Come with me Thursday, don't say maybe
    I'm just a middle aged dirtbag, baby, like you, ooh

No serious I do. 12th September Sydney if anyone is interested.

Perth is the very first date of the World tour; although I think they've been playing some festivals recently.

If ever a band is going to nail it first crack it's Maiden-saw them for Book of Souls and Somewhere Back in Time as well Very Happy
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Fri Jul 26, 2024 4:57 pm

I saw them the last tour and they smashed it ! Also saw them at Soundwave Festival. I bought the wifey a ticket and she doesn't want to go so it's just Hayden and I with a spare ticket. I love that Bruce flys them around in their own jet and he also does a heap of humanitarian runs that don't get publicised.
    The Music Thread - Page 23 A-brian-1024x681
    The Music Thread - Page 23 59CE7720-iron-maiden-singer-bruce-dickinsons-what-does-this-button-do-book-the-first-copy-arrives-video-streaming-image
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Fri Aug 02, 2024 11:54 pm

Random follow-up to see if anyone has played around with Suno AI at all?

After MTB posted a few anthems earlier on this year I had a play around with it but lost interest quick enough.

Came back to it for some random reason a little while later and noted the option to put in your own lyrics and create up to 4min songs with a bunch of prompts to get it to your liking.

Rewind 23-25 years ago, I used to work a shit-kicker office job and I'd spend my days writing song lyrics. Got a folder in the shed with - no shit - must be 200+ printed out lyrics from "songs" I wrote back in the day.

Up until this point that's where I thought it'd end, as I'm a lazy shit and never put any time into learning an instrument... but now this comes along, and suddenly, I'm putting life into all these lyric sheets I have from 20+ years ago.

The lyrics are cringey as fuck as one might expect 25 year old lyrics to be, but I've decided to put them through as they are and call it a moment in time. Got some really cool results along the way and I have to admit it's a hoot to have "my" (Suno & I's) own songs suddenly pop up in my playlist now. To say I dig it would be an understatement. With a free account you get 5 songs (2 versions each, so 10 tracks) per day, and I use them religiously.

Anyone else follow this up at all?

In the middle of putting in all my 20+ year old shit, I penned one new song as a test, which is still one of my faves, and another new song (about my pug, in a non "this is a song about a pug" kind of way) which actually turned out pretty decent too. I'm actually looking forward to finishing up all my old tunes and seeing what I can come up with these days, if anything at all.

But yeah, curious to know if anyone else is playing around with it at all?
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Aug 06, 2024 12:09 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:Random follow-up to see if anyone has played around with Suno AI at all?

After MTB posted a few anthems earlier on this year I had a play around with it but lost interest quick enough.

Came back to it for some random reason a little while later and noted the option to put in your own lyrics and create up to 4min songs with a bunch of prompts to get it to your liking.

Rewind 23-25 years ago, I used to work a shit-kicker office job and I'd spend my days writing song lyrics. Got a folder in the shed with - no shit - must be 200+ printed out lyrics from "songs" I wrote back in the day.

Up until this point that's where I thought it'd end, as I'm a lazy shit and never put any time into learning an instrument... but now this comes along, and suddenly, I'm putting life into all these lyric sheets I have from 20+ years ago.

The lyrics are cringey as fuck as one might expect 25 year old lyrics to be, but I've decided to put them through as they are and call it a moment in time. Got some really cool results along the way and I have to admit it's a hoot to have "my" (Suno & I's) own songs suddenly pop up in my playlist now. To say I dig it would be an understatement. With a free account you get 5 songs (2 versions each, so 10 tracks) per day, and I use them religiously.

Anyone else follow this up at all?

In the middle of putting in all my 20+ year old shit, I penned one new song as a test, which is still one of my faves, and another new song (about my pug, in a non "this is a song about a pug" kind of way) which actually turned out pretty decent too. I'm actually looking forward to finishing up all my old tunes and seeing what I can come up with these days, if anything at all.

But yeah, curious to know if anyone else is playing around with it at all?

Yeah, that sounds pretty cool. Next time I get really drunk I'll pull out my "songs" and give it a look.

I'm the same, probably have around 200 full lyrics I wrote post teenage angst but prior to realising that the World will always have shit people in it. Mine are all hand written from around 2000 to 2009 I'd say. last time I went through them was maybe 5 years ago and it's quite the journey!!!

I'd say 70% written drunk late at night listening to CD's and the rest during the day. The stuff during the day less dramatic but not as soul bearing Laugh 3
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Aug 06, 2024 12:12 pm

No Worries wrote:I saw them the last tour and they smashed it ! Also saw them at Soundwave Festival. I bought the wifey a ticket and she doesn't want to go so it's just Hayden and I with a spare ticket. I love that Bruce flys them around in their own jet and he also does a heap of humanitarian runs that don't get publicised.
    The Music Thread - Page 23 A-brian-1024x681
    The Music Thread - Page 23 59CE7720-iron-maiden-singer-bruce-dickinsons-what-does-this-button-do-book-the-first-copy-arrives-video-streaming-image

I've noticed Hayden has a very good taste in music! I'd be ya Mrs for the night if I was over there Very Happy
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Aug 09, 2024 6:12 pm

Ive recently realised I enjoy Architects
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Mon Aug 12, 2024 7:42 am

standard-issue wrote:
    I've noticed Hayden has a very good taste in music!  I'd be ya Mrs for the night if I was over there Very Happy

He's 15 and live he has seen

Nick Cave
    2 Chellos
    RHCP
    Post Malone
    Grinspoon
    Kiss
    GNR
    Jebediah
    Frenzal Rhomb
    No FX

has tickets to

Iron Maiden
    Pixies
    Pearl Jam
    Spiderbait

He's spotify playlist is our go to when we're driving
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Aug 13, 2024 11:25 pm

my tv broke wrote:Ive recently realised I enjoy Architects

I bought Daybreaker and All Our Gods on CD a few years ago assuming I'd get in to them after everything I'd read, but no dice.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Aug 13, 2024 11:28 pm

No Worries wrote:
    standard-issue wrote:
    I've noticed Hayden has a very good taste in music!  I'd be ya Mrs for the night if I was over there Very Happy

He's 15 and live he has seen

Nick Cave
    2 Chellos
    RHCP
    Post Malone
    Grinspoon
    Kiss
    GNR
    Jebediah
    Frenzal Rhomb
    No FX

has tickets to

Iron Maiden
    Pixies
    Pearl Jam
    Spiderbait

He's spotify playlist is our go to when we're driving

At 15 he has ticked off a few more of those bands then I have at 50!
    No Worries
    No Worries

Post by No Worries Wed Aug 14, 2024 12:00 am

standard-issue wrote:

I'm a gig pig. I started at about 15 with the Chantoozies, Cockroaches & Jimmy Barnes, he started at 11 and is heading the same way. Been to his first 18+ gig and I think once he's old enough the flood gates will open. Pity they don't do the big festivals anymore because that's what he is sweating on.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Aug 14, 2024 8:56 am

standard-issue wrote:

I bought Daybreaker and All Our Gods on CD a few years ago assuming I'd get in to them after everything I'd read, but no dice.

I think i was a bit premature with that comment. Few more songs and i lost interest quickly.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Aug 14, 2024 12:07 pm

my tv broke wrote:
    standard-issue wrote:

I think i was a bit premature with that comment. Few more songs and i lost interest quickly.

Sounds similar to me. Obviously a great band with their following, but for me just bland. Similar with Amity Affliction for me.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Aug 14, 2024 12:08 pm

No Worries wrote:
    standard-issue wrote:

I'm a gig pig.  I started at about 15 with the Chantoozies, Cockroaches & Jimmy Barnes, he started at 11 and is heading the same way. Been to his first 18+ gig and I think once he's old enough the flood gates will open. Pity they don't do the big festivals anymore because that's what he is sweating on.

INXS for me.

The Festivals collapsing still stings.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Aug 14, 2024 4:26 pm

standard-issue wrote:

INXS for me.

funny that betoota posted something on this earlier today, which was exactly what i thought of when i read NW's comment earlier re knotfest and good things the only ones really left. obviously not the same as the proper big festivals though. just too hard to do on this side of the world now.

less than jake are touring soon and playing the hello rockview album in full. was really keen on that but $100? i think it was to see them at the chardons corner hotel was a bit tough to cop. still might.

was offered a freebie to kublai khan and terror at the end of the month but have other plans that night.

was keen for the parkway tour but cant cop BEC. brisbane really needs a venue that size in the inner city

tbh getting people together to actually go to shows is so difficult these days. everyones fucking old and a sook.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Aug 15, 2024 10:41 am

my tv broke wrote:
    standard-issue wrote:

INXS for me.

funny that betoota posted something on this earlier today, which was exactly what i thought of when i read NW's comment earlier re knotfest and good things the only ones really left. obviously not the same as the proper big festivals though. just too hard to do on this side of the world now.

less than jake are touring soon and playing the hello rockview album in full. was really keen on that but $100? i think it was to see them at the chardons corner hotel was a bit tough to cop. still might.

was offered a freebie to kublai khan and terror at the end of the month but have other plans that night.

was keen for the parkway tour but cant cop BEC. brisbane really needs a venue that size in the inner city

tbh getting people together to actually go to shows is so difficult these days. everyones fucking old and a sook.

I'll have to go find the Betoota piece.  Hopefully one of the new ones like Monolith actually takes off and grows every year.  

Perth has RAC Arena smack bang in the middle of the City and holds 15000-it's awesome being able to grab a dingy Hotel room for a couple of hundred dollars that you can stagger across the road to after a gig.

It gets worse the older everyone gets too by the way mate!  I had my kids young and missed about a decade of not seeing bands because I was working so much and then after I separated had my Girls every weekend.  Have been seeing a lot more bands again but now mates are working hard and have kids.

But the biggest hurdle I've found is at around 50 they are all keen to see old school bands but not the last generation of Metal.  So 80's/90's/noughties bands I can mostly scrape up someone to go with; but anything onwards from that is a battle.  There was a post on an FB Post-Hardcore page last week and the guy asked "who is the oldest in the group-I am 38".  I thought you actually assume that 38 is close to the oldest with disgust-then realised I was second oldest at 50 of the hundreds that replied!
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Fri Aug 23, 2024 3:00 pm

Good Things reveal was decent-definitely on the more diverse scale of genre mixes. Maybe one day it becomes popular enough to head over to Perth.

The only time I saw KORN was at Soundwave and I was a few months post ankle fracture. Ended up between the very front and the Pit and had to leave halfway through because I was getting smashed Embarassed Which panned out well as Filter or AIC had started on another Stage. I felt old then, and that was 12 or so years ago...
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Aug 23, 2024 5:16 pm

Korn for me did not hold up at all. Was a huge fan in the late 90s like everyone else. Truly surprised theyve managed to maintain this long.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Mon Aug 26, 2024 2:43 pm

standard-issue wrote:

Yeah, that sounds pretty cool.  Next time I get really drunk I'll pull out my "songs" and give it a look.

I'm the same, probably have around 200 full lyrics I wrote post teenage angst but prior to realising that the World will always have shit people in it.  Mine are all hand written from around 2000 to 2009 I'd say.  last time I went through them was maybe 5 years ago and it's quite the journey!!!

I'd say 70% written drunk late at night listening to CD's and the rest during the day.  The stuff during the day less dramatic but not as soul bearing Laugh 3

Nice. I’d love to hear how you get on. I recently finished up going through all mine, now going back through the poor-average results and seeing if I can generate something better. Clocked in at 247 songs overall, lol. About 10-12 of them are newly penned, but the rest were all those old ones. Didn’t really think I had that many, but I did.

Not sure if I’m telling you the sky is blue, but in doing all this I found out you can take a photo of the lyrics on your phone and then attach phone to laptop (I use Mac) and essentially scan the results in with a basic program on laptop which I can’t recall but can find out if you need it. Some standard on-laptop program. But this alone saved me countless hours in the end, I reckon.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Mon Aug 26, 2024 2:46 pm

my tv broke wrote:

lol. Every time I hear an Architects song I really dig it and I always tell myself I need to revisit, but I still need to. I know I’ve heard and at least moderately enjoyed some of their work in the past, but I must revisit properly.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Mon Aug 26, 2024 5:24 pm

Teeth Eater wrote:
    standard-issue wrote:

Yeah, that sounds pretty cool.  Next time I get really drunk I'll pull out my "songs" and give it a look.

I'm the same, probably have around 200 full lyrics I wrote post teenage angst but prior to realising that the World will always have shit people in it.  Mine are all hand written from around 2000 to 2009 I'd say.  last time I went through them was maybe 5 years ago and it's quite the journey!!!

I'd say 70% written drunk late at night listening to CD's and the rest during the day.  The stuff during the day less dramatic but not as soul bearing Laugh 3

Nice. I’d love to hear how you get on. I recently finished up going through all mine, now going back through the poor-average results and seeing if I can generate something better. Clocked in at 247 songs overall, lol. About 10-12 of them are newly penned, but the rest were all those old ones. Didn’t really think I had that many, but I did.

Not sure if I’m telling you the sky is blue, but in doing all this I found out you can take a photo of the lyrics on your phone and then attach phone to laptop (I use Mac) and essentially scan the results in with a basic program on laptop which I can’t recall but can find out if you need it. Some standard on-laptop program. But this alone saved me countless hours in the end, I reckon.

Haha, cheers Teeth, but it's me remember mate-if it doesn't involve a fax or an abacus then I'm overwhelmed!  

Nah, appreciate the tip, will definitely make it easier.  I reckon once the League is into Semi's and buggar all games I'll have a crack on a drunken weekend night.

247 is very impressive!  I do have some recently penned ones but moreso iPhone notes with a bit of structure-including one about this tall strapping blonde surfer I met on the Central Coast a few years ago who shares the name of the protagonist in my favourite Trompe Le Monde track...fell hard for that guy... Very Happy

Current date/time is Sun Sep 08, 2024 10:04 am