NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Team Tracker 2K23 / Shady2K

Shady2K
    Shady2K

Team Tracker 2K23 / Shady2K Empty Team Tracker 2K23 / Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:39 am

Kicking off with this for Round 1 (as of right now)

HOK: Hodgson
    MID: Murray (vc) | Haas | Hopgood
    EDG: E. Katoa | Loiero
    HLF: Cleary (c) | Moses
    CTR: Smith-Shields | Alamoti
    WFB: Tedesco | Nicoll-Klokstad | Warbrick

INT: B. Smith | E. Butcher | Boyd | Trindall
    EMG: Doorey | Talau | I. Katoa | Khan-Pereira

$67k ITB

Have mentioned a few things in main threads, but a few points of interest:

- Gun choices (over 700k): Murray, Haas, Cleary, Moses, and Tedesco. I wanted to spread the guns out, particularly prioritising Tedesco. The gun HLF duo should be pick and stick. Moses should sit there until Round 13 at a minimum and I'm hoping he can match or at least get close to Douiehi in that time period who was my other option. Going Moses saves me a trade in bringing him in for Round 13 where there aren't many good HLF options, and has extra coin in the bank for any Round 2 fixes. Going 2 gun HLF also helps when Cleary has a bye, and I don't need to rely on a cheapie to get a decent score.
    - Doorey: Based on all reports, he has the best JS compared to Cartwright and Blore. That's it really.
    - Trindall: Just a punt on Hynes being out for longer. Even if Trindall only gets 1 week, then he's an easy swap to whichever cow I may have missed.
    - Hodgson: Expecting he gets 80 minutes, but nothing lower than 70 minutes and a 45 average which is great for his price. Forgoing Grant/Cook here lets me get guns in other positions, but I still wanted a HOK for team balance so I didn't rely only on B. Smith and Boyd.
    - Not selecting Garner: Feel like he's a safe wait and see as Panthers have a Round 3 bye. Could go as expected 40-45, could go bad and get replaced by Hosking. Can just pivot to him if he shows that he's a must have.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Team Tracker 2K23 / Shady2K Empty Re: Team Tracker 2K23 / Shady2K

Post by Snatchpato Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:48 am

I like it mate. I don't personally think that Moses will get close to Doueihi this season (especially without iPap out on the edge with him), but that's just an opinion (and I suspect you'd know better than me in that area!)

I like the Hodgson pick. Not having a dedicated HOK is something I'm concerned about in my lineup so I think it's a good idea to sure up that position.
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:51 am

Nice team mate, mine is fairly similar. I have Grant instead of Hodgson, TMM over CNK, Doueihi over Moses but have Tino instead of Murray and Carrigan instead of Haas (and also a few other minor cow differences).

I feel like Moses can be a good pick but I just prefer Douiehi with his proven gun average at that position and in an improving team too. With Hodgson I just have concerns over him playing 80 every week particularly to start the season it just seems a little bit fake idk like surely BA isn't gonna push him for 80 every week at his age/injury history. Jake Arthur is also lurking in the 18 jersey, but if Hodgson does play 80 then he is obviously great value. I'd just personally prefer going Grant there and downgrading Murray to another gun mid still but just a cheaper option.

I agree on the Garner decision, we can wait and see how he goes until his bye then make a decision on how he's tracking and whether he's a buy or not.

Trindall is a tricky one because it may require a trade out next week, but I suppose there isn't too many other 250k options going around (and Trindall should put up a good score this week).

Good idea having abit of spare cash in case Trindall is out of the side next week though.

Very solid team all around mate, good luck for the season ahead!!
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:52 am

Snatchpato wrote:I like it mate. I don't personally think that Moses will get close to Doueihi this season (especially without iPap out on the edge with him), but that's just an opinion (and I suspect you'd know better than me in that area!)

I like the Hodgson pick. Not having a dedicated HOK is something I'm concerned about in my lineup so I think it's a good idea to sure up that position.

Possibly, but Eels don't have a bye until Round 14, while Tigers have byes in both Round 7 and 13 - so Moses has 2 extra games in that period and then I can re-assess.

Assuming worst case Moses averages say 53, and Doueihi averages 60. 53 x 13 gives Moses 689 points and 60 x 11 gives Doueihi 660 points.

The hope is that Moses can elevate somewhat, and considering only 7 players in the league averaged 60+ last year, then Doueihi would have to be doing pretty well.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:54 am

Shady2K wrote:

Possibly, but Eels don't have a bye until Round 14, while Tigers have byes in both Round 7 and 13 - so Moses has 2 extra games in that period and then I can re-assess.

Assuming worst case Moses averages say 53, and Doueihi averages 60. 53 x 13 gives Moses 689 points and 60 x 11 gives Doueihi 660 points.

The hope is that Moses can elevate somewhat, and considering only 7 players in the league averaged 60+ last year, then Doueihi would have to be doing pretty well.
    Very good point about the byes. I didn't realise the Tigers copped another bye in round 13. Something to consider for sure.
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:56 am

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:Nice team mate, mine is fairly similar. I have Grant instead of Hodgson, TMM over CNK, Doueihi over Moses but have Tino instead of Murray and Carrigan instead of Haas (and also a few other minor cow differences).

I feel like Moses can be a good pick but I just prefer Douiehi with his proven gun average at that position and in an improving team too. With Hodgson I just have concerns over him playing 80 every week particularly to start the season it just seems a little bit fake idk like surely BA isn't gonna push him for 80 every week at his age/injury history. Jake Arthur is also lurking in the 18 jersey, but if Hodgson does play 80 then he is obviously great value. I'd just personally prefer going Grant there and downgrading Murray to another gun mid still but just a cheaper option.

I agree on the Garner decision, we can wait and see how he goes until his bye then make a decision on how he's tracking and whether he's a buy or not.

Trindall is a tricky one because it may require a trade out next week, but I suppose there isn't too many other 250k options going around (and Trindall should put up a good score this week).

Good idea having abit of spare cash in case Trindall is out of the side next week though.

Very solid team all around mate, good luck for the season ahead!!

Yeah not without risk but I have my reasons for Moses re: byes. Maybe the bias Eels supporter talking but just hoping he can elevate too - looked great in the trial match.
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:57 am

Shady2K wrote:

Yeah not without risk but I have my reasons for Moses re: byes. Maybe the bias Eels supporter talking but just hoping he can elevate too - looked great in the trial match.

Yeah and let's be honest, both players will probably average above 50. It's not like this decision is gonna make/break your season anyways

Post by Guest Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:17 pm

Can't knock it, I'm with you on Garner as a wait and see.

I get the reason behind Moses over Doueihi, I'd do the same if it wasn't for my tiger bias and dislike for MM (haha).

Good luck this season.
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:31 pm

WT2K wrote:Can't knock it, I'm with you on Garner as a wait and see.

I get the reason behind Moses over Doueihi, I'd do the same if it wasn't for my tiger bias and dislike for MM (haha).

Good luck this season.

Thanks mate! Short odds for fantasy fantasy Cool
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:50 pm

You've selected 5 players who I don't have and overlooked 5 players who I do. Therefore, I'd recommend ripping it up and starting again with that in mind Wink

In all seriousness, looks exceptionally solid and you're going in with your eyes open with good logic/analysis on all the slightly contentious calls, so cant really fault it.

I'd probably use a bit of that spare cash to upgrade CNK to Miller is my only real thought, but I understand wanting a bit more in the bank to fix up mistakes in R2.
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:57 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:You've selected 5 players who I don't have and overlooked 5 players who I do. Therefore, I'd recommend ripping it up and starting again with that in mind Wink

In all seriousness, looks exceptionally solid and you're going in with your eyes open with good logic/analysis on all the slightly contentious calls, so cant really fault it.

I'd probably use a bit of that spare cash to upgrade CNK to Miller is my only real thought, but I understand wanting a bit more in the bank to fix up mistakes in R2.

Cheers mate - and yeah the bank is what I value for now. Too often in previous years I don’t have enough change to make adjustments

Also think CNK and Miller will be same ish for output. Considering IMO that Warriors are going up but Knights will still be bad
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:39 pm

ROUND 1 WRAP

Projected 45 average was on the dot. Eels as a whole looked clunky but can only improve.

Guns across the board. Slightly annoyed that Carrigan matched Murray at almost 200k less but I still think that Murray will be the higher scorer long-term - and I'm more comfortable with him as a (c) option if required.

80 minutes each - good. Both made around 40 tackles each - so a good base.

Ghost point king reigns supreme again as (c). Moses kicked the piss out of the ball for 26 points in base. Before the kick nerf this would've been 39 instead! No attacking stats from him and still a decent score.

Pay cheap and this is what you get. HSS could've scored higher if he used more sticky spray.

Teddy easily the main disappointment of the week (but Roosters entirely were poor). But he is still the historical WFB king and back him to bounce back. CNK great, and Warbrick solid enough with no attacking stats.

INT: B. Smith | E. Butcher | Boyd | Trindall

Roosters boys below par with Cheese battered and bruised and Butcher in the bin. Butcher dodges a suspension so he gets a reprieve but reports of Cheese with some rib issues which may have some implication. Boyd and Trindall with middling scores but as long as they remain starting halfback - then scores should come.

EMG: Doorey | Talau | I. Katoa | Khan-Pereira

Missed the Carty Party and went with DooreyDash instead - looks a real goer and hopefully only gets better. The other NPRs were all duds though (for now). AKP is the only one that I'd consider flicking if TLT presents a good pivot option e.g. BMM starting edge - but Titans do play the Dragons so maybe he jags a try or two.

$67k ITB / 36 trades left (plus 8 from Round 20)

Score: 799 / Rank: 18,629

Potential targets:

- BMM if he gets the starting edge spot with the Dragons and an easy pivot from AKP.
    - MCK if he retains the starting edge spot. Assuming Arrow is in the mid rotation - but Host returning from injury could make his stay a short one.
    - Cartwright for a short-term cash grab but Matterson is back in Round 4. Who knows if he's on the edge or resumes his bench impact role. Lane also due to return in maybe Round 6-8 from reports.
    - Ford looks good and has the edge role. Curran still working his way back on fitness though so not without uncertainty.
    - Hammer with a strong 52 first up, but that may just be the best game Dolphins ever play. Though he also looked good in general play, and could shore up a CTR spot for the early season.
    - Thompson solid first up score with no attacking stats and keeps his spot in a side challenging for top 4. If looking for an alternate CTR option, he's probably a better choice than the Hammer.
    - Bird may be a pick up assuming he gets the lock role. Although reports that JDB is missing Round 2 - so that's not 100% moving forward either.
    - Big guns like Carrigan, Harris, Robson or Grant all have their appeals but I don't need to jump off any of my original gun selections to get them in. The scores could easily reverse in Round 2.

Last edited by Shady2K on Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:36 pm; edited 2 times in total

Post by Guest Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:13 pm

Awesome breakdown and as a fellow moses owner I hope he kicks on from here
    Seems fairly balances with a lot of popular players but the flavour is still there
    At least with Tedesco too you can leave him all year and forget about him until the banners come in
    I wish I grabbed Hodgson too as people might find consistency boring but it's one less problem too and his scores will tick over

Anyways of the trade in options BMM is intriguing for the price and no idea how fit he is let alone how he will go.  I reckon on his day he can be a weapon like in the superleague so could look at him as a cheap lottery ticket
    I mean compared to some of the other sub 300k options can he go any worse
    There is always sloan too but I sleep better with a starting forward vs a back for some reason haha

All the best in 2023 chief
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:59 am

ROUND 2 WRAP

Trade OUT: B. Smith + Khan-Pereira
    Trade IN: Thompson + Cartwright

Same amount of tackles as last week but a lot more demerits and no attacking stats. At least he's getting 80 minutes. Not the biggest problem in my team, so he'll be moved on when I don't have other problems.

Down week for Murray with fewer minutes but that's fine. Haas solid, and Hopgood putting his hand up as the (c) option for next round.

Really happy with these two. Katoa in particular looks more threatening, should have some big scores in him.

Cleary incredibly underwhelming with a 37 in a Panthers win. At his price, with their bye next round, and his massive BE, I'm likely going to trade him out. He was never selected as a value buy, but as a safe (c) option. Now that Hopgood has overtaken him, and other options in my team like Murray and Haas as capable picks too, Cleary is surplus to requirements. His cash is better used on other value options, and can be traded back in after he drops a heap of cash and starts to show better form. Moses on the other hand with a huge round, happy with him.

CTR: Thompson | Smith-Shields

Picked Thompson over the Hammer.... it is what it is. Hope he turns it around. HSS solid enough, needs to get some attacking stats soon.

Teddy could've had a massive score, so need to be patient with him. CNK an unfortunate HIA, just hope he's named next round. Warbrick ticking along with no tries, so he's fine at his price.

INT: E. Butcher | Boyd | Cartwright | Trindall

Butcher plodding along but he can stick around for now. Boyd had a shocker but just need to hope he keeps his spot, don't have enough trades to deal with him at the moment. Cartwright and Trindall excellent for their price and making nice cash gains.

EMG: Doorey | Talau | Alamoti | I. Katoa

All fine here except for Talau - he is absolute mud. I don't want a spot in my 21 that isn't either scoring or generating cash so I'm likely moving him on.

$233k ITB / 34 trades left (plus 8 from Round 20)

Score: 776 / Rank: 12,026  Team Tracker 2K23 / Shady2K Green-arrow-icon-19

Potential targets:

- Preston got a start and played pretty much the full game. Cheap, low BE and showed he has a good fantasy game. If named to start, expecting everyone to bring him in if they don't already have him.
    - Hammer with some more tries and another good score. May mark him as a mistake, but I still think he'll have his low games to balance it out.
    - Johnson has started the season really well. Always have a soft spot for SJ and his base is improved from last season with goals and more kicking metres. Had a perfect game in Round 2. His price is very tempting but may need to give him one more week to see if he can back it up again.
    - Walsh had a great first up game. But a try, try save, try assist... and only 54 points doesn't scream must buy to me. Definitely one to consider but likely to give him another week.
    - Harris is an absolute weapon. Who knows if he keeps playing 80 but his stats are immense and still under-priced.
    - Mahoney seems to own the Bulldogs side and probably expecting a 50ish average sprinkled with some attacking stats. More affordable than Grant or Cook.
    - Bird had a good first game but notably only played 47 minutes. Not an urgent buy. Lots of other CTR options in that 600k range who will also likely be options later on e.g. Holmes, Graham, Lomax.
    - Reynolds or DCE are more HLF options if I want a straight swap for Cleary. Different price points and output, obviously DCE had a great first game.
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:18 pm

ROUND 3 WRAP

Trade OUT: Talau + Cleary
    Trade IN: Preston + Harris

Saved by a try to get a decent score. He's just a plodder, so can trade out at my convenience when his cash appears useful.

MID: Murray | Haas | Hopgood (c)

Like most I went with Hopgood (c), unfortunately. Not much else to say here. Likely put the (c) back on Murray or Haas.

EDG: Butcher | Cartwright

Gave Butcher 3 weeks but he doesn't look like doing anything good anytime soon, so he's a likely trade out. Hope Cartwright keeps his spot with Matterson returning - TLT will tell.

HLF: Moses | Trindall

Moses with an average week and Trindall again going well. Apparently Hynes is back in Round 4 though. But likely to keep Trindall in NPR with his negative BE, never know if he gets another start.

HSS still getting no good ball, but Alamoti performing well and looks to plug one CTR spot.

WFB: Tedesco | Thompson | Warbrick

Teddy underwhelming again, have learnt my lesson now with fixtures and a gun WFB. Do not start with Tedesco, pick him up on the dip. ITT saved by a try but Warbrick also not getting any good ball.

INT: Harris | E. Katoa | Loiero | Preston

Harris decent first up with Warriors having more ball, so less defence needed. Katoa great, Loiero not so much with the Storm errors. Preston started slow but came good in the end, looks like a solid top 17 player.

EMG: I. Katoa | Boyd | Doorey | Nicoll-Klokstad

Not much to say here. Didn't play Boyd this round, and Doorey got a niggle (no word on his injury severity). CNK was out with a HIA.

$324k ITB / 32 trades left (plus 8 from Round 20)

Score: 795 / Rank: 12,002  Team Tracker 2K23 / Shady2K Green-arrow-icon-19

Potential targets:

- Walsh saved his score with some late attacking stats, was looking pretty dire otherwise. But he does look like a real threat on the field, and the narrative you'd be riding is the Broncos form and their favourable draw. On one hand he could play Origin (especially with Ponga doubt), on the other hand, if he's playing good enough to be in Origin talks then that means fantasy points. Still in the $500k price as well.
    - Miller is another WFB option who is cheaper than Walsh and also coming off two tries. Has a higher base with his play style, and also plays the first two major bye rounds.
    - Bird played 80 minutes at lock with 50 in base. That's gold for a CTR. I don't think he'd be impacted with the impending return of JDB. Far and away looks like the most consistent CTR option, and could be one I bring in this week. I'm on the hunt for a new WFB, CTR, HLF, and HOK in the coming weeks.
    - Brailey (Jayden) is one I'm keeping an eye on in the next week or two. High BE due to a HIA, but would be a reliable 50+ HOK option. One or two more price drops and he'd be a good pickup I think. Plays Round 13 too.
    - Johnson showed up again. Said last week I'd give him one more week to see if he could back it up and he did. Warriors overall look good too. Probably should've taken the risk last week, but he's still value at $646k. Though you need to ask 'is he a keeper?'. And obviously if he can keep it up and stay injury free too.
    - Turbo is another option at 80k more than Walsh. Both have had try scoring starts to the year. Turbo is a lock for Origin also if he's fit, and obviously he'll always have an injury cloud.

Last edited by Shady2K on Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:41 pm

Love the formatting of this tracker,

Like a few teams you have so many edges, which ones are you gonna let go off?

Preston, e katoa and Hopgood are the best 3 and really all you need,

If you think about the turbo/walsh debate your head will be in knots both will do a good job

Im sad that the trindall fun looks to have come to an end,
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:09 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:Love the formatting of this tracker,

Like a few teams you have so many edges, which ones are you gonna let go off?

Preston, e katoa and Hopgood are the best 3 and really all you need,

If you think about the turbo/walsh debate your head will be in knots both will do a good job

Im sad that the trindall fun looks to have come to an end,

Thanks legend! At this stage Butcher is getting the punt.

With Trindall expiring then I'll need a HLF unless I just run Boyd there, so that's where SJ comes in. I like Brailey as an upgrade over Hodgson, so he may come in next week too when he bottoms out

Loiero is also on the chopping block, whether it's this week or next I'm not sure - but will definitely be before the Storm's bye in Round 9

And yeah Walsh/Turbo debate is tricky. If I get Walsh this week though, with the extra money then I could potentially go Loiero to Brailey next week in 1 trade
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:50 pm

just re looked with that bank, id defintely make two trades, getting in a half an a wfb,

i like to trade aggressive early
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:56 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:just re looked with that bank, id defintely make two trades, getting in a half an a wfb,

i like to trade aggressive early

Yeah at this stage I'm considering Walsh/SJ and then Brailey next week. Turbo is tempting though. And my NPRs probably need fixing too, so hope some shiny new cows show up soon
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:29 am

ROUND 4 WRAP

Trade OUT: Butcher + Hodgson
    Trade IN: Johnson + Miller

HOK: Boyd

Did as well as the premium HOK options so happy here. He's on the bye next week, so I need to trade in a hooker.

MID: Murray | Haas (c) | Harris

Murray has kind of been underwhelming, not hitting constant 60s which was needed at his starting price. Wish I started with Carrigan instead. Haas was a good (c) choice. Harris got injured and is a likely trade out - annoying as I just got him in.

EDG: E. Katoa | Cartwright

Katoa looking more like a keeper, and the Party just keeps kicking on.

HLF: Moses (vc) | Johnson

Cleary who? Moses and new recruit SJ both putting up 70+ scores.

CTR: Alamoti | Smith-Shields

Both got standard CTR scores. Was disappointed, but like Boyd, they pretty much matched 'premium' options with Bird only getting 32.

WFB: Miller | Nicoll-Klokstad | Warbrick

Settled on Miller as my WFB trade in of the week and he turned out to be the best one for price x points. CNK solid and Warbrick finally getting his price moving.

INT: Hopgood | Loiero | Preston | Thompson

Hop is good again, Loiero back on track with mostly base and Preston ticking along as well. I'm annoyed with ITT (can't believe I chose him over the Hammer in R2) but can't trade him out just yet for his CTR depth.

EMG: Tedesco | Trindall | I. Katoa | Doorey

Teddy on the bye. Trindall dropped out so couldn't milk his last bit of money just yet. Katoa late out too, and Doorey with a plodder bench score and can probably be traded out unless he gets a starting spot back.

$266k ITB / 30 trades left (plus 8 from Round 20)

Score: 965 / Rank: 7746  Team Tracker 2K23 / Shady2K Green-arrow-icon-19

Potential targets:

- Brailey is locked in for a trade. I need a hooker with Boyd on the bye and Brailey is immense value. 59 in base last round, compared to other premium options Cook (64), Grant (51) and Robson (46). Shows he can match it in base at a much lower price. If he gets an attacking stat or two then he can go big on his day.
    - Ford is someone I had an eye on on his return from the HIA. Looked like an animal, played 80, and coach has massive wraps on him. Great value at his price.
    - Hosking is another who exploded out the gates on his first start of the year with a 94. Seems like an easy cash grab only at $541k right now and a negative BE. Even scoring a 50 next week will see him go up 60-70k and he might peak at 700-800k, giving him potentially 200k+ value. Main question is does he keep an 80 minute starting spot? Ford might still be the better buy as he's much cheaper and can have similar output but Hosking is definitely of interest.

Current date/time is Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:20 am