NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Team Tracker 2K23 / Shady2K

Shady2K
    Shady2K

Team Tracker 2K23 / Shady2K - Page 4 Empty Re: Team Tracker 2K23 / Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:26 pm

ROUND 16 WRAP

Trade OUT: Nikorima + H. Edwards
    Trade IN: Hynes + Hands

HOK: Hands

Got him as a cash out who plays R16/19 and he gets a season high. Hands up!

MID: Haas | Hopgood (vc) | Horsburgh

Just the 1 MID this week with Edwards a late out. Went him out instead of Fifita so my plans are a bit out of whack now. If it was announced earlier I probably would've made a different move so that's annoying.

EDG: Papali'i | Loiero

IPap went big (finally) but Loiero again a terrible score. Back to back low scores have tanked his price and makes trading him out a bit more tricky.

HLF: Hynes (c) | Oloapu

Nice to watch Hynes without deathriding him now. Oloapu (and the Dogs) played terrible and got hooked. Actually had a thought mid-week to upgrade him, as he was a trade out next week anyway. Didn't go through with it, ah well.

CTR: Manu | Ramien

Manu did his FB thing and Ramien got a score-saving try. Looked like mud otherwise.

WFB: Drinkwater | Bula | Ponga

Drinky and Ponga went great guns and Bula got a floor game in a tough loss so can't be mad at him for that one.

INT: Fifita | Johnson | De Belin | Cook

EMG: Harris | Robson | Tedesco | Lemuelu

Ended up only lining up 11 for the bye round and pretty much held rank. Went down by 1 spot (pre-updates).

$299k ITB / 3 trades left (plus 8 from Round 20)

Score: 717 / Rank: 657  Team Tracker 2K23 / Shady2K - Page 4 Red_arrow_down-512

Potential targets:

- Dependent on Origin fallout. But eyeing off Cherry-Evans, Munster and/or Grant as under-priced keeper options. Had an eye on Gutherson all week and wish I got him, but couldn't fit him in (unless I knew Edwards was out earlier). Like K. Haas as another cash out in the EMG too, and maybe Brimson as a R19 WFB option and 18th/19th man.

Last edited by Shady2K on Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:49 pm

Strong to hold ranks with 11, those saved trades will be useful as

Just realised the lack of trades was bourne out of necessity, still 3 more to navigate to the promised land of rd 20
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Mon Jun 19, 2023 7:45 am

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:Strong to hold ranks with 11, those saved trades will be useful as

Just realised the lack of trades was bourne out of necessity, still 3 more to navigate to the promised land of rd 20

Could’ve had a higher number but wanted to use the last trades on R19 players or Origin gun bargains instead. See how that turns out
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:14 am

Love the write up mate.

Shopping for guns this week should be interesting. I’m quite keen on some of those guys you’ve mentioned especially since they have 1 bye remaining and it will be an Origin round anyway.

Just need to make sure I can still field 13 even after trading them in
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:38 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Love the write up mate.

Shopping for guns this week should be interesting. I’m quite keen on some of those guys you’ve mentioned especially since they have 1 bye remaining and it will be an Origin round anyway.

Just need to make sure I can still field 13 even after trading them in

Loiero and Oloapu have killed me with their cash stalls haha

I like Munster and Brimson. Both fit the fun category and Brimson plays R19. See what Origin brings
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:42 pm

Shady2K wrote:

Loiero and Oloapu have killed me with their cash stalls haha

I like Munster and Brimson. Both fit the fun category and Brimson plays R19. See what Origin brings
    Yeah I’m currently on Munster and Grant with young KHaas as an enabler if he’s named. I do like Brimson but definitely don’t need another WFB added to the clan although it is nice that his byes have ended for the year
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:27 pm

I quite like the Brimson option also, DPP could become very handy back end of the season. Only worry trading him before RD19 is he may be QLD 18th man.
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:50 pm

Ando wrote:I quite like the Brimson option also, DPP could become very handy back end of the season. Only worry trading him before RD19 is he may be QLD 18th man.

Cheers mate!

Yeah that is a risk I guess, but I feel like Slater will pick Dearden to let Brimson play for club. Who knows really

I need to pull the trigger now as my planned trades of Oloapu/Loiero > Munster/Brimson leaves me with $1k so no wiggle room next round. At full strength the team lines up as

Cook
    Haas JDB Horse
    Fifita IPap
    Hynes SJ
    Manu Lemuelu
    Teddy Drinky Ponga

Robson Harris Hopgood Munster
    Bula Brimson Ramien Hands
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:04 pm

Katoa expected back for the Storm next week for those who were wondering earlier.
    No surgery required. Sounds like he's resting a scratched cornea.
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:28 pm

filthridden wrote:Katoa expected back for the Storm next week for those who were wondering earlier.
    No surgery required. Sounds like he's resting a scratched cornea.

Doesn’t affect my team but cheers mate Laughing Laughing
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:52 pm

ROUND 17 WRAP

Trade OUT: Fifita + Oloapu
    Trade IN: Cherry-Evans + Grant

HOK: Cook

Decent score considering reduced minutes. Should be back to 80 next week.

MID: Haas | De Belin (vc) | Horsburgh

Solid enough here, especially Haas backing up with reduced minutes and Horsburgh with a great score.

EDG: Hopgood | Loiero

Hopgood in some good form of late, the opposite of Loiero. I had intended to trade him out but held out of necessity, and he's lost even more cash.

HLF: Johnson (c) | Hands

A great (c) option with SJ and Hands was serviceable once again. Looks even more secure with Hodgson out long-term.

CTR: Lemuelu | Manu

Lemuelu decent considering he was off the bench. Manu started slow but ended up a great score.

WFB: Tedesco | Drinkwater | Ponga

Teddy poor. Ponga poor. Drinky gun! Will hold them all at this stage.

INT: Harris | Robson | Cherry-Evans | Grant

My gun interchange... didn't fire. Between these four 'guns', they averaged 42 for the round.

So the trades - my original intention was Loiero/Oloapu for Munster/Brimson (holding Fifita). With Munster a late out, I had to change that. Logic was that Fifita had an insanely high BE and he would drop a decent amount of cash to be brought back in later with the 8 trades. DCE and Grant were others on my shopping list as underpriced guns, and I thought they would score well this week (DCE carrying Manly, and Grant playing 80) as opposed to Fifita (thought Broncos would win comfortably). Obviously that didn't happen. Fifita got a good score but still has a fairly high BE, so could still drop more, but maybe not below 800k like I was planning him to - it is what it is.

I reluctantly held Loiero because I needed an EDG due to trading Fifita out.

EMG: Hynes | Papali'i | Bula | Ramien

$33k ITB / 1 trade left (plus 8 from Round 20)

Score: 899 / Rank: 732  Team Tracker 2K23 / Shady2K - Page 4 Red_arrow_down-512

Potential targets:

- My last trade (before R20 refresh) will be spent on trading Loiero to someone - likely a R19 WFB. With cash in hand, the only ones I can afford that I'm interested in are Brimson, Sami or Kiraz.
    - I actually don't need to make the trade this week. Could hold in case Brimson makes Origin. Would be very tight with the price changes though. If Loiero drops too much cash again, then I may not be able to afford Brimson or Sami, and have to settle with Kiraz (who is probably my least favoured option of those).
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:05 pm

i like the strat behind the fifita trade, i dont know if I would have done it, and I think you are super unlucky with such a strong interchange to get such a poor return,

absolute flair to have grant, robson and cook in your squad, as well as DCE, Hynes and SJ,

Think this will be excellent

also think you have 3 of the best mids too,

such a shame you can't afford CNK cos i think he is one of the best rd 19 options, and the NZ run home is excellent playing a lot of teams that wont be in contention for finals in the last few and have the majority of games at home
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:13 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:i like the strat behind the fifita trade, i dont know if I would have done it, and I think you are super unlucky with such a strong interchange to get such a poor return,

absolute flair to have grant, robson and cook in your squad, as well as DCE, Hynes and SJ,

Think this will be excellent

also think you have 3 of the best mids too,

such a shame you can't afford CNK cos i think he is one of the best rd 19 options, and the NZ run home is excellent playing a lot of teams that wont be in contention for finals in the last few and have the majority of games at home

Cheers mate. I think the logic behind the decision was fine, just didn't pan out this week. But I like my squad depth

My decision for the week is just to decide which WFB to get. I like Brimson, but if Walsh gets a ban then I think he'll play Origin. Even if he doesn't get the ban, Brimson could be 18th man. Sami might be the safer play but he's not as fun
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:47 pm

ROUND 18 WRAP

Trade OUT: -
    Trade IN: -

HOK: Grant

Glad I got him in at a cheaper price. HOK has been a pretty meh position this year but Grant seems the most likely to pull out good scores.

MID: Haas | De Belin | Horsburgh

Massive again from the MIDs. Apparently Horse is in Origin 3 so he'll miss R19 and R20 but reckon he's still a hold - scores are too good.

EDG: Hopgood | Papali'i

Hopgood was here to loop Loiero/Lemuelu. Tigers got flogged so IPap did well, considering.

HLF: Hynes (c) | Johnson

The flat-track king was at it again, but SJ was affected by both the loss and the weather. Talk he might miss R19 due to a childbirth, but still up in the air.

CTR: Manu | Ramien

Manu in some good form and Ramien got another score-saving try.

WFB: Drinkwater | Tedesco | Bula

Drinky went huge! Thought Cowboys would win well, but didn't think by that margin. Teddy had a trademark 'I'm not washed please still pick me' performance prior to Origin. Bula unfortunate but he's highly owned. Had the option of taking Cook's 38 over Bula but decided to risk it. Bula had a season low of 32 prior to this, and no-one could've predicted a 74-0 flogging.

INT: Cherry-Evans | Harris | Robson | Ponga

Some massive scores from the bench this week aside from Robson - didn't need to tackle much in a thrashing.

EMG: Cook | Hands | Loiero | Lemuelu

Looped out Cook for Bula as mentioned. Him and Robson are in an awkward position now, I think one of them need to be traded out as they both miss a number of rounds, are at a decent price to be flipped to a better performing gun, and both have been mediocre in scoring lately. Took Loiero's 49 in the EDG loop over Lemuelu who is another on the chopping block. Will hold for R19 obviously, but after that it's up in the air.

Ended up making no trades this week. Will use the last one I have to get a R19 player before the refresh. Massive round though and back into the top 500 with a round rank of 201.

$33k ITB / 1 trade left (plus 8 from Round 20)

Score: 1110 / Rank: 426  Team Tracker 2K23 / Shady2K - Page 4 Green-arrow-icon-19

Potential targets:

- TBC dependent on R19 teams/Origin

Before any announcements, R19 currently stands as

Hands
    JDB Harris Hopgood
    IPap x
    Hynes SJ
    Lemuelu Ramien
    Bula x x

Horse* Cook*

Can use my 1 trade to bring in a WFB, CTR, EDG or MID (moving Hopgood or Lemuelu around)

Last edited by Shady2K on Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:01 pm

Cracking score mate and managed your trades pretty well in the end. I'm down to 2 and don't think I'll bother getting a CTR/WFB. Might have to think about a HLF if all of Cook/Hynes/SJ are out.

I'd probably use the last trade for an EDG or MID. Bateman and Nikora with byes done, Preston (Rd 23) and Tapine (awkward Rd 20 bye) come to mind. Fifita and Cleary on the radar no doubt too though.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:13 am

Great score good week and enjoy write up
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:42 am

WT Winfield wrote:Cracking score mate and managed your trades pretty well in the end. I'm down to 2 and don't think I'll bother getting a CTR/WFB. Might have to think about a HLF if all of Cook/Hynes/SJ are out.

I'd probably use the last trade for an EDG or MID. Bateman and Nikora with byes done, Preston (Rd 23) and Tapine (awkward Rd 20 bye) come to mind. Fifita and Cleary on the radar no doubt too though.

If Cook is in origin then I don’t hate the idea of flipping him to Nikora

Leaves getting Fifita/Cleary awkward though
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:14 pm

ROUND 19 WRAP

Trade OUT: Cook
    Trade IN: Nikora

HOK: Hands

About as best you could hope for in a 40 point flogging. Can't be mad when I got him at 250k.

MID: Hopgood | De Belin | Harris

Par for the course here. Harris was on track for a lot more but he's held together by tape.

EDG: Papali'i (vc) | Nikora

IPap is such an eyesore to watch. Tigers suck, and he does as a result - just doesn't do enough work. Nikora got bailed out by a late attacking stat. Used by last trade to go to a sideways gun. Then every WFB/CTR cash-out for the bye round goes massive - classic fantasy.

HLF: Hynes (c) | Johnson

Think most would have this pair and they performed about as expected.

CTR: Lemuelu | Ramien

40+ from CTR you take that. Lemuelu had a horrid second half though and without the try would be lucky to hit 30.

WFB: Drinkwater | Tedesco | Bula

Bula's last hurrah this week. Has made his cash and is not a keeper so can be moved on I think.

INT: Haas | Horsburgh | Grant | Cherry-Evans

EMG: Manu | Robson | Ponga | Loiero

8 trades coming in now so can make some moves. Looks like I'll be forced to get a MID due to byes/injury to who I have now. A bit of a slide this week due to only having 11 players.

$19k ITB / 8 trades left

Score: 653 / Rank: 500  Team Tracker 2K23 / Shady2K - Page 4 Red_arrow_down-512

Potential targets:

- Just going through position. Only have 8 trades left and I'd want a few as injury/suspension cover, so likely can only bring in a few of these options.

HOK: -
    MID: Tino and Yeo are gun options this week as I'm a MID short. Probably would've got Murray if he wasn't on the bye. Cotter is also interesting as a budget option but don't trust the minutes
    EDG: Just Fifita. Never should've traded him out, but thought he'd drop more coin. Ah well
    HLF: Cleary. Likely giving him a week due to high BE and return from hamstring injury
    CTR: Probably shouldn't spend a trade here... but I like Tago at the price
    WFB: Likely won't bring one in unless my current crop of WFB get injured. Maybe Latrell once he drops some coin

Last edited by Shady2K on Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:16 pm

What’s your plan for Haas?

You have an enviable gun squad, very impressive
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:32 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:What’s your plan for Haas?

You have an enviable gun squad, very impressive

Plan to keep at this stage, only out R20 then back in R21 fit and firing. Aware Broncos do have another bye but he's a gun and a half

Current date/time is Mon Jul 01, 2024 5:58 am