NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 28 - Eels in crisis, no minutes for gun cheapies

Shady2K
    Shady2K

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 28 - Eels in crisis, no minutes for gun cheapies - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 28 - Eels in crisis, no minutes for gun cheapies

Post by Shady2K Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:45 pm

Crazy to trade out Hopgood this week

Next week maybe with Paulo back. But reckon he’s a 100% hold this week, unless he’s your only option to go to Hosking for a cash grab or up to Cleary. Don’t think any other scenarios are worth it
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 28 - Eels in crisis, no minutes for gun cheapies - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 28 - Eels in crisis, no minutes for gun cheapies

Post by White Lightning Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:51 pm

Welsh Mafia wrote:

It's not that you don't have the time to post anymore mate, nobody is telling you to spend your days solely on here and I doubt ever would lol. It's the fact that you only ever post asking for help and advice from everyone here, you never actually put the effort in to help others who similar to yourself, would like some direction and third party thoughts.

No need to get abusive and throw the toys out of the cot either mate, grow up.

hold on there danseels has been attacked much more than once on this topic by people who bully, harass & mess with him & then you turn it around & get offended when he's had enough & tells you to get phucked. I've got your back danseels don't let these mongrels get to you bro.
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:53 pm

Shady2K wrote:Crazy to trade out Hopgood this week

Next week maybe with Paulo back. But reckon he’s a 100% hold this week, unless he’s your only option to go to Hosking for a cash grab or up to Cleary. Don’t think any other scenarios are worth it

I'm trading Hopgood, but I don't think it's crazy. For me, it helps me get two guns in WFB, which I might not be able to do in the future. I think he is fine to hold because he is such a gun fantasy points scorer and other fortuitous things might fall his way. But, he may get reduced minutes or he may score around his BE if he stays on the bench.

I'm happy with my purchases, but as always, time will tell.
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:54 pm

White Lightning wrote:

hold on there danseels has been attacked much more than once on this topic by people who bully, harass & mess with him & then you turn it around & get offended when he's had enough & tells you to get phucked. I've got your back danseels don't let these mongrels get to you bro.

I felt intimidated by this place for years. Now, only slightly intimidated.
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

Post by FaringdonSwirl Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:57 pm

ForanAgainst wrote:

The way I see this is even though you are a gun short, that can be easily fixed in the coming weeks. Not sure what sort of bank you have, but I’d be looking at getting someone like a Robson. Brailey is going to be missing in round 14, and is Tanah still going to be in your team at that point? Loiero still has a few good weeks of money making in him, hopefully, so he could be one to upgrade when his bye comes around. I know he has a bye next round, but I like the idea of have Uto as an 18th man.
    There’s also players like Tapine, Matterson, Frizell??, to consider. Personally, and possibly silly of me, but I haven’t put much thought into the backline, but it looks better than mine.

Cheers for that. Yeah will hopefully start saving now, but that's pending what happens with Carty/Hopgood. And then start to target some of those bye round guns.
    ShadowSabre
    ShadowSabre

Post by ShadowSabre Thu Apr 06, 2023 12:59 pm

Reklaw wrote:Are these just both too sideways and dumb?

Latrell + Mahoney > SJ + Walsh
    Hastings + Mahoney > SJ + Cheese

Not really sure I should be letting SJ go by, even at 760. Just short of using Carty. I could just swap HSS for Knik and re-asses next week but would suck to death ride that handsome man

I like the second two trades, dont think they are sideways.

Bottomed out potential lower tier gun if he starts scoring the odd try with nice DPP and one of the top scoring players in the game atm
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:04 pm

Welch, Katoa, Loiero? Which goes in the loop. At the moment I have Loiero
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:07 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Welch, Katoa, Loiero? Which goes in the loop. At the moment I have Loiero

Yeah Loiero probably least likely to hit a 40
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

Post by lukeayee Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:07 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Welch, Katoa, Loiero? Which goes in the loop. At the moment I have Loiero

You must have a stront team?

Welch all day for me
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:07 pm

the_great_wobbler wrote:https://www.nrl.com/news/2023/04/06/crucial-fantasy-calls-to-make-round-6/

NRL.com reckons Hopgood is a sell, what more reason do you need to hold?

Interesting that Hopgood official BE is 45, based on last 2 weeks MN its more like 55. Going to be a few people disappointed when their cash is flowing quite as much as they expect each week.

EDIT: Also what the fuck is this advice...

If this was just about Fantasy performance, he would be someone I'd recommend every team grabbing at $628k, with his base stats impressive enough that even in quiet games he should be good for scores in the 50s.

Marzhew averaging 50+ with only job security an issue is a hot take.

Last edited by robelgordo on Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:08 pm

Holy Moly wrote:

I felt intimidated by this place for years. Now, only slightly intimidated.

i've noticed a concerning trend on this forum the last couple of years where 1 poster will get targeted with continual harassment & are mocked & put down. it started with rabbit21 then moved on to mattnz & now danseels. this has to stop because no one deserves this & you'll just drive them off this forum.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:13 pm

mintotheimmortal wrote:Tatola or cheese could be perfect downgrades for hopgood.

On Tatola, Calling all wannabe rabbitoh experts. Is it safe to assume a consistent 50+ minute role?

Also keeping an eye on Sele this week
    Just wait on Tatola I think he plays about 50mins a game on avg but not 55mins til origin time.

He’s playing this week with his knee heavily strapped I do not think he’s back to full fitness but getting a win tomorrow is crucial so he has to play. If we had another win or 2 than what we have I think we wouldn’t have brought him back til next week.
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

Post by lukeayee Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:14 pm

White Lightning wrote:

i've noticed a concerning trend on this forum the last couple of years where 1 poster will get targeted with continual harassment & are mocked & put down. it started with rabbit21 then moved on to mattnz & now danseels. this has to stop because no one deserves this & you'll just drive them off this forum.

We have a lot of new soft people on this fourm.

It's like the old posters like Rabs and Co disappeared and this all of a sudden became a safe place for softies.

Like most online forums/reddit just get filled up with left idealists who think they should tell you how to live your life. That's online life now sadly.

Some people captain Hopgood, some people captain Cleary and Grant.

Last edited by lukeayee on Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:14 pm

White Lightning wrote:

Yep. Attacks certainly happen.

Each person has their style. I don't have that much to say and I contribute little, but I like the forum and give my 2 cents worth here and there.

There is also the problem of writing, which lacks sound. Sometimes a person might write something in a positive or joking tone, but another interprets it with an insulting tone. Wires get crossed, or maybe frayed and then sparks fly.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:16 pm

my tv broke wrote:
    BBowler wrote:When / where does this guy fit in? Sounds like a gun!

Its classic CM clickbait with the ~million+ tag. He's extended to 2027 so, yeah, over the life of 4 or 5 years it would be 1 million+

Herbie leaving next year, that spot could go to Cobbo or potentially Mariner down the line.

Would be in everyones team in round 1 if he gets the spot.

2024 line up speculation goes here:
    NRL Fantasy 2022 Part 1 - It's never too early !

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 28 - Eels in crisis, no minutes for gun cheapies - Page 28 Giphy
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:18 pm

robelgordo wrote:

Interesting that Hopgood official BE is 45, based on last 2 weeks MN its more like 55. Going to be a few people disappointed when their cash is flowing quite as much as they expect each week.

Yeah, I think a 55 BE is likely to be pretty close to being on the money.
    He's also priced at about 55, so there's a fair chance he drops a few K.

I'm still going to wait and see how things shake out, the main reason being that he's still one of the 13 best players in that team, Carty not so much

Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:19 pm

lukeayee wrote:

You must have a stront team?

Welch all day for me
    It’s just a bit middie heavy at the moment is all. Whoever I keep in the 13 will disappoint 🤣
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:19 pm

White Lightning wrote:

Why not simply ignore the mongrels as you put it?
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:20 pm

White Lightning wrote:

Remember when I use to post 20 trade ideas a day…..

Ahh the good old day 🤣
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:24 pm

White Lightning wrote:

I’m not here a lot. I do try to be helpful when I can, and yes I admit sometimes I have a bit of a joke at Rabbits21 expense(ie, my last TU/TD post). Sometimes I don’t post because someone has already said what I’m thinking or the thought I do have seems a bit irrational. Maybe dan feels the same? Idk. Yes, we all have lives outside of this. I took a new job recently where sometimes I have to work nights or weekends and miss out on the game time banter.

I have gone through four pages of dan posts, and absolutely, it’s all asking for advice and not much else. I’m not inside his brain, so I will never know why he doesn’t give his opinion as well as takes it.

Rabbits and Matt. I think they get bagged on a lot, because they are very opinionated personalities. There is nothing wrong with that. I firmly believe that it is their “holier than thou”, you can’t sway me from what I know to be correct mindset that gets under the skin of others.

Current date/time is Sun Sep 08, 2024 1:32 pm