NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 30 - Worst performance I've seen in Weekes

easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 30 - Worst performance I've seen in Weekes - Page 16 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 30 - Worst performance I've seen in Weekes

Post by easytiger Sun Apr 09, 2023 12:11 pm

Contrastinghobby wrote:How do people see Mattersons role assuming the team roles out at listed?

No guarantee he rolls out to the edge late game as last year averaged 55mins at lock
    IPap moved on but Carty has picked up some of this slack and played out all the games on the edge and with Hopgood/Murchie in the middle mix, Paulo to return there is a lot of players fighting for game time and something has to give

Last year at lock he averaged 55mins at lock, Hopgood 65mins at Lock (With Matterson away)
    So will be interesting as this year Matterson playing 2 tough teams has scored mainly in tackles so needs to lift his attack (against weaker teams this could help) but needs big minutes to score large.

Carty is the elephant in the room here and probably won't know until next week as to how they see him

We might think Lane/Matterson and hopgood is right (Murchie covering hopgood) but we aren't the coach

My take is this;

BA has shown repeatedly that he likes to play his big players for big minutes.

Parra have had a tough start and need to win games, so can't take things lightly.

I think losing iPap and even Mahoney to an extent will result in Matterson getting more minutes. Maybe 65? this year instead of 55. The exact nature of where he spends that time is less certain (middle/ edge), so is the PPM

I don't see Freddie selecting Matterson for Origin, so some potential upside there (Freddie seems a vibe guy, and I'm guessing Matterson, a bit like Klemmer, doesn't really fit his vibe)

Hoping he stays fit and healthy for a 60 average, but see it as a fair gamble at his price
    Krump
    Krump

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 30 - Worst performance I've seen in Weekes - Page 16 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 30 - Worst performance I've seen in Weekes

Post by Krump Sun Apr 09, 2023 12:19 pm

easytiger wrote:

My take is this;

Parra have had a tough start and need to win games, so can't take things lightly.

I think losing iPap and even Mahoney to an extent will result in Matterson getting more minutes. Maybe 65? this year instead of 55. The exact nature of where he spends that time is less certain (middle/ edge), so is the PPM

I don't see Freddie selecting Matterson for Origin, so some potential upside there (Freddie seems a vibe guy, and I'm guessing Matterson, a bit like Klemmer, doesn't really fit his vibe)

Hoping he stays fit and healthy for a 60 average, but see it as a fair gamble at his price
    This sounds so ridiculous and so plausible at the same time.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Sun Apr 09, 2023 12:24 pm

easytiger wrote:

My take is this;

Krump wrote:

Think Matto might be a ‘unique’ RL character what with the happy clapping and the fine dodging and the messy team hopping. I think that’s probably easier to manage over the long term rather than the short term.
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Sun Apr 09, 2023 12:30 pm

Krump wrote:

It's such a tenuous reason for sure, but yeah somehow seems to fit
    BBowler
    BBowler

Post by BBowler Sun Apr 09, 2023 12:34 pm

Chances of Mitch Kenny pulling a Matterson & taking the ban over a fine?
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Sun Apr 09, 2023 12:47 pm

easytiger wrote:

My take is this;

100% right for Matto. No way Freddie picks him this year imo. Which is great for fantasy.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Sun Apr 09, 2023 1:01 pm

Tempted to go either Carty/Boyd to Brailey... probably can wait another week?
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sun Apr 09, 2023 1:04 pm

I’m 10/595 C not sure how it places me. I copped Turbo that greatly pissed me off he’s avg 43.6 right now and I need him avg about 50.

Ford, SJ, Bird, Miller, Boyd, Carty and Hopgood to come
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Sun Apr 09, 2023 1:08 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:I’m 10/595 C not sure how it places me. I copped Turbo that greatly pissed me off he’s avg 43.6 right now and I need him avg about 50.

Ford, SJ, Bird, Miller, Boyd, Carty and Hopgood to come

According to yafss you're still above average so don't worry.

I'm 10/689c with Brailey and Russell to your Boyd and Carty, so I've got you beat this week but you're doing fine.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Sun Apr 09, 2023 1:15 pm

mickspicks wrote:Tempted to go either Carty/Boyd to Brailey... probably can wait another week?

Kind of a points over cash play if making the trade. I can see Brailey scoring around 50 and not confident that Carty or Boyd will go above 40.

Brailey shouldn't change much in price, while the other two have a chance of making another 10k or so this week.

I'm definitely holding Boyd this week and most likely Carty too unless benched in the 24-hour cut or final teams. Erring on the side of safety not knowing how Sexton/Lane's returns affect their roles rather than trying to predict what might happen.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Sun Apr 09, 2023 1:17 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

I'm 10/689c with Brailey and Russell to your Boyd and Carty, so I've got you beat this week but you're doing fine.
    Rather unnecessary
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Sun Apr 09, 2023 1:28 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

I'm very irrelevant on this forum. Years off at a time. But why is it I always see you tooting your own horn at the expense of others? Just a couple weeks ago you were crying foul...
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Sun Apr 09, 2023 1:29 pm

Contrastinghobby wrote:How do people see Mattersons role assuming the team roles out at listed?

No guarantee he rolls out to the edge late game as last year averaged 55mins at lock
    IPap moved on but Carty has picked up some of this slack and played out all the games on the edge and with Hopgood/Murchie in the middle mix, Paulo to return there is a lot of players fighting for game time and something has to give

Last year at lock he averaged 55mins at lock, Hopgood 65mins at Lock (With Matterson away)
    So will be interesting as this year Matterson playing 2 tough teams has scored mainly in tackles so needs to lift his attack (against weaker teams this could help) but needs big minutes to score large.

Carty is the elephant in the room here and probably won't know until next week as to how they see him

We might think Lane/Matterson and hopgood is right (Murchie covering hopgood) but we aren't the coach

Matterson will play 55/60 minutes
    Hopgood will get around 60 minutes of the bench. The move is to increase his attacking input rather than have him just be a tackle bot
    Carty will play 80
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sun Apr 09, 2023 1:32 pm

Snatchpato wrote:
    Rather unnecessary
    It’s ok mate luckily I’m not cranky as Souths won and I know Beth can be blunt sometimes I’m not taking it personally. I don’t think she meant it in a way to attack me either.

Would you hold Boyd one more week or trade to Brailey? My concern is just reading that thingy that MTB shared.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Sun Apr 09, 2023 1:39 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    It’s ok mate luckily I’m not cranky as Souths won and I know Beth can be blunt sometimes I’m not taking it personally.  I don’t think she meant it in a way to attack me either.

Great response, Rabs. Good on you.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Sun Apr 09, 2023 1:41 pm

Beth and Rabs have got some of that MF and random style sexual tension going on
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sun Apr 09, 2023 1:42 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    It’s ok mate luckily I’m not cranky as Souths won and I know Beth can be blunt sometimes I’m not taking it personally.  I don’t think she meant it in a way to attack me either.

Would you hold Boyd one more week or trade to Brailey? My concern is just reading that thingy that MTB shared.

I think the smart call is just hold Boyd and see what happens. If Foran is back soon then he probably switches back to right. Who knows.

But no way to know how it plays out. Boyd might score 23 he might score 60

Depends waht you think of Brailey long term i guess

Post by Guest Sun Apr 09, 2023 1:46 pm

Krump wrote:Beth and Rabs have got some of that MF and random style sexual tension going on

Theirs probably isn’t sexual though

Last edited by MF on Sun Apr 09, 2023 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Sun Apr 09, 2023 1:46 pm

Not that ours is….
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Sun Apr 09, 2023 1:47 pm

MF wrote:

Theirs probably isn’t sexual though
    lol!

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:51 am