NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 39 - Host is still playable, right?

The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 39 - Host is still playable, right? - Page 25 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 39 - Host is still playable, right?

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:39 pm

A completely radical move for my team would be

Harris to BSmith
    Carty to Granville
    Utoikamanu to Hynes

not sure it is worth it - undoubtedly I will wait at least until I see Granville's role this evening
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 39 - Host is still playable, right? - Page 25 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 39 - Host is still playable, right?

Post by Antipodean1 Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:40 pm

Milchcow wrote:

In the next 8 weeks, Drinkwater will play 7 games, and Ponga will play 4 (if he makes origin)

I think you can easily wait 2 weeks on Ponga (only 1 game from him), price won't get crazy out of reach (and is just as likely to keep going down)

change of plan...Ponga out Cook in.

Last edited by Antipodean1 on Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:40 pm

MF wrote:Wighton to play Lock? Interesting I was wondering where they were going to fit him in. Cam to the second row or the roosters I guess

The head or ARU mentioned they had another high profile name who had committed to making the jump across. I think it was on some nein footy show where Gus said it would be a shame if we lost Murray. Makes you wonder if he knows something or if he was just thinking of players who had good junior union prospects.
    Holzman
    Holzman

Post by Holzman Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:40 pm

getting cold feet on Drinky.

I can get a C instead 515k or less or actually can get any position instead. C or WFB just means I can dump alamoti next week if I want

Crichton
    Tatoloa

really not much I like at all which is why I was going to just go Granville and bank some cash to bring in someone i really like next week or even Oloapu to heaps of cash.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:42 pm

danseels1985 wrote:Katoa to Granville
    Grant to Hynes
    Wakeham to Cheese

Boyd
    JDB Ford Hopgood
    Preston Hosking
    Hynes Cleary
    Manu Lemuelu
    Teddy Miller Walsh

Cheese
    Crossland
    Katoa
    Haas

Granville
    Host
    Luke
    HSS

Opinions please?

I think you're better off with Bula over Granville

Bula is cheaper, gives you WFB cover, and probably has better longevity than Granville
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:42 pm

FaringdonSwirl wrote:

3 this week and I'm down to 19 😅

I'll see your 19 and raise you (lower!!!) to 17 left.
    Absolute trade whore.
    Circle Jerk
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:43 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:A completely radical move for my team would be

Harris to BSmith
    Carty to Granville
    Utoikamanu to Hynes

not sure it is worth it - undoubtedly I will wait at least until I see Granville's role this evening

I like it

Anytime you can get in Hynes, look at the next few cronulla games he’s gonna be putting on a masterclass
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:43 pm

Holzman wrote:getting cold feet on Drinky.

Me too

He's better than Ponga But I think getting him for byes is a quantity over quality option, and there are better choices around.

Basically betting on him hitting a hot streak at some point over the next 2 months to get the scores/cash you want.
    not out of the question, but likely better options around

GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:45 pm

mickspicks wrote:

The head or ARU mentioned they had another high profile name who had committed to making the jump across. I think it was on some nein footy show where Gus said it would be a shame if we lost Murray. Makes you wonder if he knows something or if he was just thinking of players who had good junior union prospects.

Gus and Eddie Jones did a preseason conference/talk thing and in it Eddie Jones discussed that he thought cam Murray would be a perfect 12 for the wallabies and he was going to try and get him
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:45 pm

syn13 wrote:
    Finger Puppet Mafia wrote:On a side note having a team on a bye each and every week has made this season a real tactical and interesting one. I've enjoyed it.

To leech off this post, I agree and I also think the starting 13 only big byes was a great addition for the same reasons, lot more thought nessecary for balancing the team instead of just loading up your INT

The big problem is that by keeping 21 man squads they've made it quite hard to keep fielding a team without getting lucky or burning trades

Despite the extra trades people are going to run out sooner this year. Going to be a big drop off in interest post origin (just see if people can hang on until we get the top up for the run home)
    Holzman
    Holzman

Post by Holzman Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:49 pm

Head to Head Player got 150k and one trade

Robson
    Haas Murrary Ford
    Hosking Preston
    hynes Cleary
    Bird Alamoti
    Teddy Miller Manu

Reynolds
    Cheese
    I.Katoa
    Warbrick

Couchman
    Bula
    Tommy T
    Nikorima

Warbrick to Drinky
    Warbrick to Crichton
    Hosking to Fifi
    Hosking to DCE
    Warbrick to bank cash.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:49 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:

Gus and Eddie Jones did a preseason conference/talk thing and in it Eddie Jones discussed that he thought cam Murray would be a perfect 12 for the wallabies and he was going to try and get him

Would be a massive loss to rugby league if Muz left. Wouldn't surprise me though.
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:52 pm

Milchcow wrote:

In the next 8 weeks, Drinkwater will play 7 games, and Ponga will play 4 (if he makes origin)

I think you can easily wait 2 weeks on Ponga (only 1 game from him), price won't get crazy out of reach (and is just as likely to keep going down)

I concur with the great Cow.
    I love seeing Ponga on fire, but I'll be waiting until he's free to play (uninjured) on a regular basis before taking the plunge.
    If he's fit & healthy, Qld will pick him. If he's busted, his scores will suffer and his price will fall.

Wait until after Origin for mine.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:52 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:

I like it

Anytime you can get in Hynes, look at the next few cronulla games he’s gonna be putting on a masterclass

Why does not everyone who is taking a gamble on Granville consider Oloapu instead... He will be starting at 5/8 as early as this week and certainly very soon. It is like a futures bet cheer and even more radical cheer
    Holzman
    Holzman

Post by Holzman Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:52 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Me too

He's better than Ponga But I think getting him for byes is a quantity over quality option, and there are better choices around.

Basically betting on him hitting a hot streak at some point over the next 2 months to get the scores/cash you want.
    not out of the question, but likely better options around

Yeah get the feeling we are forcing it because we dont have the cash to get a guy we actually want in.

Im basically at the point where im thinking im happy to play Couchman in my 17 (covering Hass) then jumping on Drinky who could easily be a long way off the pace of the top WFBs.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:54 pm

Both my regular VC options (Haas & Grant) are sitting on the bench this week with some doubt around Cleary but I think I'm going to ride my luck and hold rather than panic trade to Hynes as a back up. Still a few rounds to go until SOO/Byes

I think if you have built up > $13m value and banked a few trades it's a real option but I have a feeling it may be a very short term move for those of us paddling around $12.7-$12.8

I'm still trying to track under that 1.9 trades per round target to leave a few in the bank for emergencies (eg this week)
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Thu Apr 27, 2023 6:59 pm

Harris ==> BSmith
    Cartwright ==> Oloapu
    Ese'ese ==> Hynes

Balls Balls Balls
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:01 pm

Milchcow wrote:

I think you're better off with Bula over Granville

Bula is cheaper, gives you WFB cover, and probably has better longevity than Granville

Thanks mate,yeah I was thinking that actually. A lot depends on whether Granville starts as well
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:02 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

Why does not everyone who is taking a gamble on Granville consider Oloapu instead... He will be starting at 5/8 as early as this week and certainly very soon. It is like a futures bet cheer and even more radical cheer

I'd be a lot more excited about Oloapu if he was named in the 22 (at least). As it stands he's an 18 year old wunderkind who hasn't been named to play but is getting a lot of buzz surrounding him in the socials.
    I have no doubt he'll be a great mid-season cow once he gets the the 6 or 7 jumper, but Granville (and for me, Bula) are actually playing.
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:03 pm

Aardvark wrote:Both my regular VC options (Haas & Grant) are sitting on the bench this week with some doubt around Cleary but I think I'm going to ride my luck and hold rather than panic trade to Hynes as a back up. Still a few rounds to go until SOO/Byes

I think if you have built up > $13m value and banked a few trades it's a real option but I have a feeling it may be a very short term move for those of us paddling around $12.7-$12.8

I'm still trying to track under that 1.9 trades per round target to leave a few in the bank for emergencies (eg this week)

Did you pick up Manu?
    He's my VC choice.

Current date/time is Sun Sep 08, 2024 1:55 pm