NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 65 - Phoned in thread title

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 65 - Phoned in thread title - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 65 - Phoned in thread title

Post by Guest Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:57 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:In answer to the piakura question at 280k cash down don’t see the harm

Just read Riki might be out for the season

Although missing rd 19, might be handy come rd 20, with raiders/dragons/rabbits bye
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 65 - Phoned in thread title - Page 28 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 65 - Phoned in thread title

Post by Mulvy Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:57 pm

mattnz wrote:
    Drinkwater is the attack for cowboys and in great form,scoring well even when they lose. Looking like the must have wfb, Teddy not so much.

Not convinced he's the next coming for fantasy. Can be hard to tell the difference between a purple patch and the next big thing. Loving it as an owner and Cowboys supporter though, but I'm prepared to punt him if necessary.

But yeah, Teddy, ughh. B/L might be right after all.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:59 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Not convinced he's the next coming for fantasy. Can be hard to tell the difference between a purple patch and the next big thing. Loving it as an owner and Cowboys supporter though, but I'm prepared to punt him if necessary.

What is this "punt" word? Is it the same as "yeet"?
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:02 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Drinky was almost as good last season, not like he has come out of nowhere to play this well.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:03 pm

Mulvy wrote:

He must have hurt you real bad.

Stranded at Suncorp
    Branded a fool
    What they say Monday at the forum, wont be cool!
    Walshy, can't you see I'm in misery?
    We made a start, now we're apart
    There's nothing left for me
    Love has flown, all alone
    I sit and wonder why
    Oh, why you left me
    Oh, Walshy?
    Oh, Walshy, baby
    Someday, when fantasy is done
    Somehow, someway, our two worlds will be one
    In heaven forever and ever we will be
    Oh, please say you'll stay,
    Oh, Walshy
    Walshy, my darlin'
    You hurt me real bad
    You know it's true
    But, baby, you gotta believe me when I say
    I'm helpless without you
    Love has flown, all alone
    I sit, I wonder why
    Oh, why you left me
    Oh, Walshy?
    Walshy, Walshy
    Why?
    Oh, Walshy

This is what I come for
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:04 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

The one that bothers me all the time when Aussie commentators say it is reef... I think they mean to "rip" the ball, no idea where they get reef from.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:07 pm

I accidentally downvoted the BEs! Sorry Milch, love your work
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:09 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Sorry mate, you probably wouldn't know. All the cool kids are saying punt now. Very Happy
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:13 pm

mattnz wrote:

The one that bothers me all the time when Aussie commentators say it is reef... I think they mean to "rip" the ball, no idea where they get reef from.

It’s reaf, it means to steal
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:18 pm

mattnz wrote:

Drinky was almost as good last season, not like he has come out of nowhere to play this well.

Yeah I know, but he's 700k now averaging 46. WFB's are volatile. You could make an argument, to back Teddy to return to a form of sorts and avg 46 (Drinkwaters avg this year and last), while Drinky becomes Cleary. Teddy's avg is 45 minus the injury game anyway. And Drinky has an extra bye. Just brain storming. We'll see what happens. Greater than zero trades certainly helps, although I'm not in a massive position to brag either.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:24 pm

WT Winfield wrote:Tempted by Tatola to Fifita this week. Can scrape by with 10k to spare in one trade. Damn Holbrook getting fired a couple of weeks early (over 12 months late in reality). Probably hold fire though. Tats has some value as MID/ EDG cover (via Hopgood) for the bye next week. Plan was to trade him to a CTR or WFB if he's excess. Maybe Penis or Kiraz or bring Lemu back if he's fit and starting.

DCE at 718k feels like a must have at that price for someone that averages ~60. Probably wait until Rd 20 on him too and hope he doesn't go bananas this week.

Murray at 652k for Rd 21 another steal. Still has a bye after, but hard to ignore at that price.

17th man this week without trades is between Tatola, Sandon and VTW, so probably loop Tats and Sandy and hopefully don't miss out on more than 15-20 points from holding the trade.

Granted I've only got two trades, but I'm kind of got the opinion that's it's nearly time to stop messing around with byes and get the keepers in. I managed to hold Haas, Fifita and Cook, and brought in Grant last week. Will be short rd19, but most will be.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:24 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Yeah I know, but he's 700k now averaging 46. WFB's are volatile. You could make an argument, to back Teddy to return to a form of sorts and avg 46 (Drinkwaters avg this year and last), while Drinky becomes Cleary. Teddy's avg is 45 minus the injury game anyway. And Drinky has an extra bye. Just brain storming. We'll see what happens. Greater than zero trades certainly helps, although I'm not in a massive position to brag either.

Teddy still tries to support play through the middle, but Roosters aren't creating many chances. The biggest difference though, is that he isn't creating chances for the team like he has done in previous seasons, while the whole Cowboys attack is structured to get Drinkwater in position to create tries. Also picks up decent kick meters most weeks.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:26 pm

Fortitude wrote:

Common knowledge that Whyte is at least twice as good as Wong.

lol!
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:26 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Granted I've only got two trades, but I'm kind of got the opinion that's it's nearly time to stop messing around with byes and get the keepers in. I managed to hold Haas, Fifita and Cook, and brought in Grant last week. Will be short rd19, but most will be.

My reasoning was the same bringing in Grant last week, well that and still having $850k in the bank after trading him in.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:28 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Pretty impossible to predict which of the common four WFBs (Ted, Ponga, Drinky, Bula) is going to score 20 on any given week and which will score 70. Probably safest just to stop thinking and hold them all as entirely possible they average the same.

Do feel that Garrick will average more than any of them in the run-in though. Suppose injuries etc. will make the decisions for us in the end. Would be kind of handy to have a 220k WFB red dot to loop, but can't really carry that with 21 man squads and byes every round.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:33 pm

Cookie Monster wrote:The results for Round 17 of Fantasy Fantasy are up and can be found over here

Finally that stupid useless kent Mulvy pulled his finger out.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:36 pm

easytiger wrote:I'm glad I don't drink much these days, or I'd be helluva confused by all these Reece Walsh's and beached-as-whales.

I wonder if Krump would have hated the pink bike shorts more?
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:39 pm

Mulvy wrote:

My value keeper hit list is:
    Fifita
    Cleary
    DCE - His average is slightly higher with Turbo out, at 63, than with him at 60
    Haumole - Also averages more without Turbo, their attack tends to go through him instead as a primary option - 45 with Turbo, 56 without, just $607k
    Crichton if he ever starts again
    Murray post Origin if injury free
    Latrell has a really high BE when he returns, although that may be too late in the season

Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:42 pm

Shady2K wrote:Slow tonight, everyone must be out of trades

Who’s been in your team from R1?

Teddy Haas and Loiero (lol for now) for me

And Hopgood out and back in

Only Haas and Tedesco.

Hopgood, Cleary, Ponga, IKatoa, Brandon, Manu have been in and out Embarassed
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:43 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Pretty impossible to predict which of the common four WFBs (Ted, Ponga, Drinky, Bula) is going to score 20 on any given week and which will score 70. Probably safest just to stop thinking and hold them all as entirely possible they average the same.

Do feel that Garrick will average more than any of them in the run-in though. Suppose injuries etc. will make the decisions for us in the end. Would be kind of handy to have a 220k WFB red dot to loop, but can't really carry that with 21 man squads and byes every round.

I’m massively off Bula, their spine has been decimated think it will affect tigers and him

Not traded him out yet but planning to on run home

I think CNK is going to be one of the best from here on out

The last 5 games of the warriors are all teams that I expect to be out of finals contention (when dickings are handed out) and they have lots of home games

Current date/time is Sun Sep 08, 2024 11:43 am