NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 65 - Phoned in thread title

GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 65 - Phoned in thread title - Page 29 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 65 - Phoned in thread title

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:44 pm

mattnz wrote:

My value keeper hit list is:
    Fifita
    Cleary
    DCE - His average is slightly higher with Turbo out, at 63, than with him at 60
    Haumole - Also averages more without Turbo, their attack tends to go through him instead as a primary option - 45 with Turbo, 56 without, just $607k
    Crichton if he ever starts again
    Murray post Origin if injury free
    Latrell has a really high BE when he returns, although that may be too late in the season

Murray looks a steal at his price
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 65 - Phoned in thread title - Page 29 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 65 - Phoned in thread title

Post by Mulvy Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:51 pm

robelgordo wrote:I accidentally downvoted the BEs! Sorry Milch, love your work

I wonder who the other kent was?
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:05 pm

mattnz wrote:

My value keeper hit list is:
    Fifita
    Cleary
    DCE - His average is slightly higher with Turbo out, at 63, than with him at 60
    Haumole - Also averages more without Turbo, their attack tends to go through him instead as a primary option - 45 with Turbo, 56 without, just $607k
    Crichton if he ever starts again
    Murray post Origin if injury free
    Latrell has a really high BE when he returns, although that may be too late in the season

Haas, Grant and Cleary was my basic post-19 list, but also brought Grant in early. Already have Fifita and DCE.

Raw points more important than value by then if you have enough team value already... next on the list would be Tino or Yeo, Garrick, and maybe whatever centre I back to go on a late-season run (Holmes, Tago, SCritta come to mind)
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:09 pm

Anyway, got down to Lang Park last week for origin with the lad, while the wife went to Michael Buble with a friend (not named Snatch). Cracker of a night, first live origin for me, and the lad.

Was away all weekend, caught bits and pieces. Cowboys was Gympie to Bundaberg stretch with the wife driving:

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 65 - Phoned in thread title - Page 29 Resize10

Score of 966 and rank 909 -> 670. Had some cracking scores as well as Ponga, Teddy, Koula.

Only Eels are Hoppy and Matto.

Is Null Null a trade, haven't been following closely?
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:29 pm

Mulvy wrote:Anyway, got down to Lang Park last week for origin with the lad, while the wife went to Michael Buble with a friend (not named Snatch). Cracker of a night, first live origin for me, and the lad.

Was away all weekend, caught bits and pieces. Cowboys was Gympie to Bundaberg stretch with the wife driving:

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 65 - Phoned in thread title - Page 29 Resize10

Score of 966 and rank 909 -> 670. Had some cracking scores as well as Ponga, Teddy, Koula.

Only Eels are Hoppy and Matto.

Is Null Null a trade, haven't been following closely?

Watch teamlists for Null Null. He actually made the Phins quite a lot more solid when he came on, so might get starting spot back BUT was limping pretty heavily by the end of the game.

If you have limited trades (like me) think that even if he's named on the bench then he's a hold to limp through R19 and then reasses. He'll lose a bit of cash, but so be it. If he's out completely then, yeah, suppose he has to be a sell.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:37 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Haas, Grant and Cleary was my basic post-19 list, but also brought Grant in early. Already have Fifita and DCE.

Raw points more important than value by then if you have enough team value already... next on the list would be Tino or Yeo, Garrick, and maybe whatever centre I back to go on a late-season run (Holmes, Tago, SCritta come to mind)

I think team depth will be just as important as top 17, especially if light on trades. Value pick ups that can compete within 5-10 points, but cost $250k less should work well, if your best 19 players are all very capable of scoring well.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:51 pm

mattnz wrote:

I think team depth will be just as important as top 17, especially if light on trades. Value pick ups that can compete within 5-10 points, but cost $250k less should work well, if your best 19 players are all very capable of scoring well.

Yes, sure, you need a strong 20 and serviceable 21 (probably a third CTR there). That could be possible without sacrificing the very best positional players (Haas, Cleary) in your 17 though, team values are pretty high this year.

If Murray is back to 70-min, 70 point Murray, then yes, he's a buy whatever his price, but teams with high values can have him as player 19 or 20. Rich get richer. Booze marches on.

But yeah, we do know from earlier in the season that your first 17 is not your first 17 this year, playing depth is key, so, yes, eyes out for fallen guns.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:53 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:

I’m massively off Bula, their spine has been decimated think it will affect tigers and him

Not traded him out yet but planning to on run home

I think CNK is going to be one of the best from here on out

The last 5 games of the warriors are all teams that I expect to be out of finals contention (when dickings are handed out) and they have lots of home games

Just brainstorming….

Hopgood might be my route back to Cleary. Parra have a late bye I have 3 Eels and I might have 4 if I end up getting Hands as a solid 19th man.

Liddle to Murray maybe.

Bula to Edwards or Trell.

Boyd to Grant

Lemu might have to go after round 19

Fuck I need Fifita too fuck forgot that.

Might go Turpin to Hands round 19

Piakura another cash out option if Riki out long term he’s a good 20th man.

How did you go this week mate? I went backwards a bit had 17 and scored a 883 rank down from 440 to 566 overall.

I’ve been grumpy all last night and all of today filthy at yesterday debacle sat through it right til the end at Accor wasn’t a nice feeling especially when your team attitude to defence stinks and they play with no desire. The boys ought to take a good hard look at themselves because that’s 4 of the last 5 lost now. Coming off the bye and produce that shit fair bloody dinkum.

I have 5 trades left might hold this week take a bit of a hit. I have Penis, Hopgood and Matto bye too. If Brimson misses origin I should be able to field 13 in round 19.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:55 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Granted I've only got two trades, but I'm kind of got the opinion that's it's nearly time to stop messing around with byes and get the keepers in. I managed to hold Haas, Fifita and Cook, and brought in Grant last week. Will be short rd19, but most will be.

Yeah I struck Kris and Haumole off my list for that reason. Could be good value picks though for teams with more trades or struggling for team value. I punted Lemu/Olo for Haas and Sandon last week, so more focused on keepers/cashouts than byes. DCE and Fifita are my primary targets, but figure I can wait one more week and see how origin goes. Tats to Penis will be tempting next week though if he isn't needed, but need to see how this week and the cash is looking before thinking much about a CTR/WFB.
    precursor
    precursor

Post by precursor Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:59 pm

Bit late to give a team update but 952 brings me to rank 367. 6 trades left so think it could be worth going for a full rd. 19 team. Trade outs over next few rounds include Cogger, Turpin, Lemuelu (pending role) and maybe NAS, Teddy and Bula.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:04 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:

Just brainstorming….

Hopgood might be my route back to Cleary. Parra have a late bye I have 3 Eels and I might have 4 if I end up getting Hands as a solid 19th man.

Liddle to Murray maybe.

Bula to Edwards or Trell.

Boyd to Grant

Lemu might have to go after round 19

Fuck I need Fifita too fuck forgot that.

Might go Turpin to Hands round 19

Piakura another cash out option if Riki out long term he’s a good 20th man.

How did you go this week mate? I went backwards a bit had 17 and scored a 883 rank down from 440 to 566 overall.

I’ve been grumpy all last night and all of today filthy at yesterday debacle sat through it right til the end at Accor wasn’t a nice feeling especially when your team attitude to defence stinks and they play with no desire. The boys ought to take a good hard look at themselves because that’s 4 of the last 5 lost now. Coming off the bye and produce that shit fair bloody dinkum.

I have 5 trades left might hold this week take a bit of a hit. I have Penis, Hopgood and Matto bye too. If Brimson misses origin I should be able to field 13 in round 19.

Not sure Hands is the guy you want, even if Hodgson is out for the season. Average of just 37 in 77 minutes as starting HOK this season, with 3 of the 4 scores in low to mid 30s and that last round bye is when you most need to play your cheap fill ins when stars are rested.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:10 pm

Reminder for JDB owners (everybody) that he got another fine at the judiciary this week, but his next offence (ie whenever he goes low on the legs of a tackled player, which is inevitably going to happen) is a chunky ban.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:15 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:Reminder for JDB owners (everybody) that he got another fine at the judiciary this week, but his next offence (ie whenever he goes low on the legs of a tackled player, which is inevitably going to happen) is a chunky ban.

I cringe several times a game watching him tackling low as 3rd man in.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:22 pm

mattnz wrote:

Not sure Hands is the guy you want, even if Hodgson is out for the season. Average of just 37 in 77 minutes as starting HOK this season, with 3 of the 4 scores in low to mid 30s and that last round bye is when you most need to play your cheap fill ins when stars are rested.
    True mate but I’m gonna need cheaper 20th and 21st spots filled in my team with guys who aren’t total shit like last year having to rely on Mbye as a 19th man was utter shit never again. Same as a guy like Jed Cartwright this year I’m not touching him same type of thing shit at fantasy and garbage footballer.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:24 pm

Is anyone looking at potentially running Hynes, Cleary, SJ and DCE as 4 gun halves for run home or is 4 overkill given that you’ll likely be carrying a Grant or Cook/Robson combo.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:33 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:Is anyone looking at potentially running Hynes, Cleary, SJ and DCE as 4 gun halves for run home or is 4 overkill given that you’ll likely be carrying a Grant or Cook/Robson combo.

I don’t know how I’d get them all but I’d happily run that
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:34 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    True mate but I’m gonna need cheaper 20th and 21st spots filled in my team with guys who aren’t total shit like last year having to rely on Mbye as a 19th man was utter shit never again. Same as a guy like Jed Cartwright this year I’m not touching him same type of thing shit at fantasy and garbage footballer.

Getting quite drawn to Kris as a 21st man cashdown. Ideally wouldn't need to play him except in R19, but he's a bonus score for then, and even though he's a generally bad scorer is at least playing 80 minutes for a decent team and could produce a loopable score once in a while.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:35 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:Is anyone looking at potentially running Hynes, Cleary, SJ and DCE as 4 gun halves for run home or is 4 overkill given that you’ll likely be carrying a Grant or Cook/Robson combo.

Have Hynes, SJ and DCE. Will want to get Cleary but whether it's for one of them or for someone else will depend on injuries, cash, or the team at the time.
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:17 pm

Can't really make any trades this week since I have 1 remaining but not really worried since I'm pretty happy with my depth just need to upgrade to some Uber guns after receiving my 8 trades

Cook
    Murray jdb Harris
    Bateman ipap
    Hynes sj
    Lemmy bird
    Teddy ponga Garrick

Horse matterson hopgood Preston

Boyd manu bula simpkin

Bula or simpkin will goto a nuffie soon to fun upgrades for the likes of cleary Haas yeo grant
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:10 pm

No, I'll be doing Hynes Cleary SJ and Moses

Current date/time is Mon Sep 16, 2024 8:33 pm