NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 72 - Crazy Trade Time

Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 72 - Crazy Trade Time - Page 8 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 72 - Crazy Trade Time

Post by Milchcow Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:57 pm

I'm still undecided on Tohu vs Preston as trade out

If you looked only at scores so far, Tohu would be the obvious hold. Just a little concerned about injury, although I think that may be mostly overblown and he'll still play big enough minutes. Preston's EDG eligibility is a little better for my team though
    Welshy
    Welshy

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 72 - Crazy Trade Time - Page 8 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 72 - Crazy Trade Time

Post by Welshy Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:01 am

my tv broke wrote:

Its classic nrl fantasy

Whatever happened last week is what will happen from now on

Happens every year. People knee jerk on trades because of one bad score (or good score) despite years of evidence.

I dont have matto but if i did id be holding

For me it's Mattos role. Minutes trending down in full Eels pack

Carty seemingly locking up edge spot, Lane back, Davey in the rotation. Hopgood locking up 60+ minutes. Looks like hes in the middle rotation soley and there's loads of minutes competition there
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:04 am

Rabbits21 wrote:Can sell Preston to Cleary over Matterson bit worried about Preston match up this week against Penrith.

Also is it worth holding Bula from here and selling Penisini to Garrick? Penisini has scored 4 tries in last 5 games and still only avg 40. Parra hard draw to come too, do I cut my losses?

So 4 big trades would leave me with 4 trades spare and….

Robson to Grant
    Preston to Cleary
    Brimson to Colouqhun
    Penisini to Garrick

Leaving

Robson
    Horse Haas JDB
    Fifita Bateman
    Cleary Hynes
    Manu Garrick
    Ponga Edwards Bula

SJ Hopgood Matto Lemu
    Hands M. King Kris Colouqhun

Then I can pick who I play or loop out of Ponga, Lemu or Bula based on match up. Thoughts lads?

I do like these trades.

I’d probably sell Penis over Bula just because Bula plays the extra game. Not too worried about hard draw - don’t really see any evidence his fantasy scoring is affected by fixtures. Like with most players it’s just overstated.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:09 am

Welshy wrote:

For me it's Mattos role. Minutes trending down in full Eels pack

Carty seemingly locking up edge spot, Lane back, Davey in the rotation. Hopgood locking up 60+ minutes. Looks like hes in the middle rotation soley and there's loads of minutes competition there

I’m not concerned. Last 5 are off with injury, then 2 games at 5/8 interspersed with 2 in his usual role where he’s probably off the pace a little. doesn’t need huge minutes - didn’t have it last season - just to get back into it a consistent role IMO
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:20 am

robelgordo wrote:

I’m not concerned. Last 5 are off with injury, then 2 games at 5/8 interspersed with 2 in his usual role where he’s probably off the pace a little. doesn’t need huge minutes - didn’t have it last season - just to get back into it a consistent role IMO

I'm worried about his role in Full eels pack which has been rarity this season, RCG muddies the waters next 3 weeks but Carty and Lane playing 80 on the edges.
    Hopgood playing 60-65 in the middle with Paulo 50-55 and RCG 50-55. Even Davey getting some decenty minutes bud
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:49 am

You know Preston is going to play 80 unless injured. You know he has pretty much the perfect game for fantasy - makes loads of tackles and misses hardly any, while also being used as an attacking option close to the line. Passes the eye test in every single way.

Take out his debut game off the bench (which I think is legit to exclude) and he averages more than both Matterson and Tohu this year even without considering a Matterson role change or Tohu minutes reduction. Unless I desperately needed a mid, I'd be selling either of them over Preston, fwiw.
    Robertneville
    Robertneville

Post by Robertneville Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:52 am

Continuing the discussion of Matterson, who does everyone think scores more points over the final 7 rounds between Harris, Mattterson, and NAS.

Tohu is playing injured (isn't he always), and hasn't played the full 80 since round 13, the Warriors are back to full strength so could continue to get reduced minutes, and has a bye in round 22.

Matterson only averages 43 minutes off the bench this year (excluding injury game), RCG banned for 4 games gives him a few extra minutes but seems to be strictly a mid now and has a bye in round 27.

NAS only played 60 minutes last game and if he isn't getting longer minutes will need mass attacking stats to score well on an edge, Katoa is due back in likely a couple of weeks, but has no byes remaining.

I'd order them:

1. Harris
    2. NAS
    3. Matterson

Harris and Matterson would have to outscore NAS by 8 points/game to score more in the run home due to the byes.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:53 am

robelgordo wrote:

Do you think Matto is more likely to get 55mins now rather than 45mins or you think it’ll be 50mins? He’s avg 49 on avg in 50mins in 5 games off the bench this year.

It’s such a hard decision. Preston is over on the right now too and with Kikau back soon will Preston scoring drop a bit?
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:53 am

my tv broke wrote:

Its classic nrl fantasy

Whatever happened last week is what will happen from now on

Happens every year. People knee jerk on trades because of one bad score (or good score) despite years of evidence.

I dont have matto but if i did id be holding
    Yes ideally that would be good but one has to go would you sell Preston over him?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Jul 20, 2023 1:00 am

Rabbits21 wrote:
    Yes ideally that would be good but one has to go would you sell Preston over him?

I dont have the right answer mate.

Rhinos post is spot on but im selling Preston (to fifita) because it suits my team balance more (and keeping Harris)

If i had matto, id give it a week (unless he was becoming cleary)
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Thu Jul 20, 2023 1:34 am

Milchcow wrote:
    I'm still undecided on Tohu vs Preston as trade out

If you looked only at scores so far, Tohu would be the obvious hold. Just a little concerned about injury, although I think that may be mostly overblown and he'll still play big enough minutes. Preston's EDG eligibility is a little better for my team though

Fwiw, I’m currently leaning Tohu out because I’ve already got one Warrior in my top 17 (SJ). there is a decent drop-off after my 18th man (Matto) so I’d prefer to have to cover only one player on a bye at a time.

The only other player I’m considering yeeting is Robson. Happy to give Matto at least one more week to see what his role looks like in RCG’s absence.

Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:25 am

Option A: Boyd/NAS to Cleary/Colq (Keep Preston)
    Option B: Preston/Boyd/NAS to Cleary/Murray/Piakura

Feel like I shouldn’t be tearing my team apart and that getting Cleary is more than enough at the moment
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:26 am

robelgordo wrote:

Preston nets you more cash and has a worse average. More immediate bye and doesn’t have DPP.

To me selling Preston over Matto is such a no brainer and yet your poll is going the other way. So maybe I don’t know what I’m doing lol

I have both and haven't once thought about selling Preston. I'm probably trading Matto. I don't see how he's a better hold than Preston.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:43 am

robelgordo wrote:

If Dragons win we are 15th. Only one spot off the Roosters.

Trent Robinson should be sacked tbh

There has been a lot more rumblings around this in the last few weeks.

Biggest problem would be who replaces him? There isn't exactly a line experienced of first grade coaches waiting for the job.

Would end up with some over rated Panthers assistant who is hyped up because of the Panthers system they didn't help develop
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:05 am

rhinoceroo wrote:You know Preston is going to play 80 unless injured. You know he has pretty much the perfect game for fantasy - makes loads of tackles and misses hardly any, while also being used as an attacking option close to the line. Passes the eye test in every single way.

Take out his debut game off the bench (which I think is legit to exclude) and he averages more than both Matterson and Tohu this year even without considering a Matterson role change or Tohu minutes reduction. Unless I desperately needed a mid, I'd be selling either of them over Preston, fwiw.

I don’t think you can take out Preston’s interchange game but leave in Harris playing less than 40 due to injury/illness a couple of times. I’ll cop it’s close with Matto but Harris in his actual role - not the speculative, likely unfounded minutes reduction - is 55+ average
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:06 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

There has been a lot more rumblings around this in the last few weeks.

Biggest problem would be who replaces him? There isn't exactly a line experienced of first grade coaches waiting for the job.

Would end up with some over rated Panthers assistant who is hyped up because of the Panthers system they didn't help develop

Jason Ryles
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:09 am

Rabbits21 wrote:
    Do you think Matto is more likely to get 55mins now rather than 45mins or you think it’ll be 50mins? He’s avg 49 on avg in 50mins in 5 games off the bench this year.

It’s such a hard decision. Preston is over on the right now too and with Kikau back soon will Preston scoring drop a bit?

Last season 59 average on 51 mins off the bench

But I’m in the minority, I think just back yourself
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:43 am

robelgordo wrote:

I don’t think you can take out Preston’s interchange game but leave in Harris playing less than 40 due to injury/illness a couple of times. I’ll cop it’s close with Matto but Harris in his actual role - not the speculative, likely unfounded minutes reduction - is 55+ average

Idk, I think you can discount a bench game - which is never going to be repeated -on his actual debut, but leave in injury effected games for both players, one of whom is considerably more beaten up than the other.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:49 am

I’m keeping Preston and Tohu so I hope they both go well and all the positive points of view play out
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:50 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Idk, I think you can discount a bench game - which is never going to be repeated -on his actual debut, but leave in injury effected games for both players, one of whom is considerably more beaten up than the other.

Is Tohu more injured now than he was 7 days ago?
    Before he put up a 31 in low minutes, you'd probably pick Tohu over Preston to score more in the run home

I think I'll probably yeet Tohu, but that's more to do with positions and bye schedule more than scoring ability, which is close enough that either could score more than the other and it wouldn't surprise me

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 1:51 pm