NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 78 - Everyone is totally, absolutely, 100% alive

Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 78 - Everyone is totally, absolutely, 100% alive - Page 10 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 78 - Everyone is totally, absolutely, 100% alive

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:51 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:

Imo:

McInness vs Friz - adv McInness
    Yeo vs Nikora - adv Yeo
    BSmith vs DCE - adv DCE
    Latrell vs Isaako - adv  Latrell
    Russell vs Murray - adv Murray
    Graham vs Simo/Seve- adv Graham

So the McInness, Yeo etc team has an advantage in 4/6 matchups, but they all look like fairly close ones where you wouldn't be shocked if they went the other way. Whereas DCE and Murray vs BSmith and Russell could quite easily be a blowout that makes up for the rest. I think I'd lean that way tbh but looks like a close one. 
    Yeah I’d really need some attacking stats from Nikora/Friz to swing those matchups in my favour and even then it’s a close one
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 78 - Everyone is totally, absolutely, 100% alive - Page 10 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 78 - Everyone is totally, absolutely, 100% alive

Post by robelgordo Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:56 pm

I also have the Lemu, Penis, Kris trio, but with Cotric too. Playing Cotric R25 and R27 is gross, but think it has to be done. If I wasnt prepared to play him in this situation, I should’ve got Hutch and his 102 instead

Otherwise 2nd last trade is Kris to 637k CTR. Which happens to be exact Manu money
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:58 pm

Is Dylan brown back this week
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:59 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    @mrbrownstone  I am in a similar position. Same 3 CTRS, only 1 trade left

I will either trade Jacob Preston to any CTR I want (maybe Dane Gagai)
    Or Keenan Palasia to best CTR $489k or below (Suaali'i, Tracey the main options, maybe even be the last man in the world to trade Hammer in this year)

Fantasy is a simple game. No matter much cover you buy or how responsibly you save trades, you're gonna have to use one of your final trades on a centre who you'd never look twice at in any other scenario. Like. Bloody. Clockwork.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:04 pm

A nice little update to 935.

Seems pretty chaotic this year, moreso than usual? I think the extra trades lured people in to a false sense of security. Making luxury trades etc. Difference is now to get a gun, you need to trade a gun (if you've got the trades left).
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:05 pm

manlybeaver wrote:Is Dylan brown back this week

He was back last week, scored a try
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:06 pm

mickspicks wrote:A nice little update to 935.

Seems pretty chaotic this year, moreso than usual? I think the extra trades lured people in to a false sense of security. Making luxury trades etc. Difference is now to get a gun, you need to trade a gun (if you've got the trades left).

I definitely went too hard at the end. Harris to DCE at the Warriors bye set off a chain reaction that has made things needlessly tricky for me
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:07 pm

Ah damn I thought the Sydney meetup was the coming weekend - actually had free tickets to the Tigers game this coming weekend and was thinking shit maybe it's the same game/time haha. Hope you guys had an amazing time!

Brought Haas and Trell in even though I knew they had a bye. Ranked 735 and no trades - likely to end up around there. Was top 100 for a few weeks, kinda sad I couldn't hold on Sad Almost in the top 1% in SC and realised I was in the top 1% in the last BBL SC season too! Historically I've sucked at fantasy/sc even though I've cared so much lol so gotta be happy with that!

The Wicky community + preview podcast/article + odds comparison tool etc has kicked off over the last few months and takes up all my time so haven't been on here as much. I'm super keen on investing in fantasy/SC a lot more next season (going to hire someone to help me - too much for 1 person to do haha). If you are interested in punting/general nrl shit talk - our Discord, content and data tools etc are can all be found here - https://linktr.ee/wickyai

Good luck for the rest of the season everyone!
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:08 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    @mrbrownstone  I am in a similar position. Same 3 CTRS, only 1 trade left

I will either trade Jacob Preston to any CTR I want (maybe Dane Gagai)
    Or Keenan Palasia to best CTR $489k or below (Suaali'i, Tracey the main options, maybe even be the last man in the world to trade Hammer in this year)
    Hadn’t thought about Hammer. If the Phins can towel up the Tigers then I’d would be nice to have another lottery ticket in there to go with Isaako.

Obviously assuming the Tigers are easy beats is a bit rough on them
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:08 pm

manlybeaver wrote:Is Dylan brown back this week

He's been back for a couple of weeks now (well he def played last week). Moses is out so it could be DBrown and Asi in the halves.
    Robertneville
    Robertneville

Post by Robertneville Mon Aug 14, 2023 3:39 pm

Chucky wrote:Can anyone think of a reason why Preston is listed without a penalty against his name?
    He’s got the sin bin debit, but I thought there should also be a penalty.
    I wouldn’t ordinarily be bothered but it cost me my L4 h2h which I lost by a point to Honey Badger.

WT Winfield wrote:

Fuck that's rough.. Only thing I can think of is Dogs might've been penalised for inside the 10m and then the hipdrop happened.

There's a short clip on nrl.com where you hear the whistle, Johns says "they jumped the gun" and then Preston's hipdrop tackle occurs. Could be spliced together weird though.

On closer inspection, the whistle is blown while Preston's completing the tackle, and was the other commentator saying they jumped the gun. Not sure.. would've thought it'd be 6 again rather than a penalty for inside the 10m.

The stats guys have overlooked the PC before and then added in updates.. might've missed it this time and being last game doesn't help.

Just on this, the stats guys have it correct. The penalty was for inside the 10 against Kiraz, it would've only been a SAI but because Hastings dropped the ball on the same play it was changed to a penalty as always happens if the play breaks down. Preston didn't concede a penalty in the play because the first infringement was already a penalty.

Preston did however concede a penalty earlier in the game unrelated to the sin bin play.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:12 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:

Thanks mate, appreciate the feedback. Is there any chance of Olam being recalled? Would probably take a punt on him if he did.

Doesn't look like it imo, he hasn't been that great in cup. He is 29 so maybe this is it for him. Hopefully he does come good and get his spot back though, I love him as a player.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:46 pm

Robertneville wrote:

Just on this, the stats guys have it correct. The penalty was for inside the 10 against Kiraz, it would've only been a SAI but because Hastings dropped the ball on the same play it was changed to a penalty as always happens if the play breaks down. Preston didn't concede a penalty in the play because the first infringement was already a penalty.

Preston did however concede a penalty earlier in the game unrelated to the sin bin play.

Thanks mate. I missed where Hastings had dropped it, so makes sense how it played out now.

Chucky could breath a sigh of relief that he wasn't screwed for a moment until the last line Rant
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:01 pm

Robertneville wrote:
    Chucky wrote:Can anyone think of a reason why Preston is listed without a penalty against his name?
    He’s got the sin bin debit, but I thought there should also be a penalty.
    I wouldn’t ordinarily be bothered but it cost me my L4 h2h which I lost by a point to Honey Badger.

WT Winfield wrote:

Fuck that's rough.. Only thing I can think of is Dogs might've been penalised for inside the 10m and then the hipdrop happened.

There's a short clip on nrl.com where you hear the whistle, Johns says "they jumped the gun" and then Preston's hipdrop tackle occurs. Could be spliced together weird though.

On closer inspection, the whistle is blown while Preston's completing the tackle, and was the other commentator saying they jumped the gun. Not sure.. would've thought it'd be 6 again rather than a penalty for inside the 10m.

The stats guys have overlooked the PC before and then added in updates.. might've missed it this time and being last game doesn't help.

There's a lot of penalties in that statement
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:11 pm

J Croker has announced his retirement.

I imagine this is tough news to take for MS
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:15 pm

Hmmm did HTF get injured? I didn't watch the game

Has the injured symbol next to his name
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:20 pm

Finch wrote:Hmmm did HTF get injured? I didn't watch the game

Has the injured symbol next to his name

HIA at the 72nd minute.

From the match preview on nrl.com

"..Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow also coming off late in the game and is unlikely to play, but is being assessed."
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:28 pm

my tv broke wrote:J Croker has announced his retirement.

I imagine this is tough news to take for MS

Regardless it probably still involves tissues
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:31 pm

Dttragic2016 wrote:Ah damn I thought the Sydney meetup was the coming weekend - actually had free tickets to the Tigers game this coming weekend and was thinking shit maybe it's the same game/time haha. Hope you guys had an amazing time!

Brought Haas and Trell in even though I knew they had a bye. Ranked 735 and no trades - likely to end up around there. Was top 100 for a few weeks, kinda sad I couldn't hold on Sad Almost in the top 1% in SC and realised I was in the top 1% in the last BBL SC season too! Historically I've sucked at fantasy/sc even though I've cared so much lol so gotta be happy with that!

The Wicky community + preview podcast/article + odds comparison tool etc has kicked off over the last few months and takes up all my time so haven't been on here as much. I'm super keen on investing in fantasy/SC a lot more next season (going to hire someone to help me - too much for 1 person to do haha). If you are interested in punting/general nrl shit talk - our Discord, content and data tools etc are can all be found here - https://linktr.ee/wickyai

Good luck for the rest of the season everyone!

Awesome stuff, going to have a proper look at this next year I think
    Recent highlights was the carrigan try once he moved to the edge and a lot of the bookies being too slow.
    All the best for the run home
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Mon Aug 14, 2023 5:34 pm

Finished the round with an 899 including a lem,penis,matterson trifecta

3 weeks to go, will be a fun few weeks to the end
    Lead cut to about 150pts now with all sorts going on from 2nd-10th
    Holding the team together with duct tape so just got to see what happens

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:26 am