NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 80 - Oprah level red dots

BCT05
    BCT05

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 80 - Oprah level red dots - Page 46 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 80 - Oprah level red dots

Post by BCT05 Wed Aug 30, 2023 3:18 pm

Panthers will know the outcome of Broncos v Storm before they have to do the 24hr cut which is key.

Guess Salmon can come in for Cleary but after the loss and poor performance last week Ivan might want a more full strength team to get some momentum? A chance for Cleary and Cogger to work on their halves combo too.

Who knows...

Cleary is my preferred captain still, with a DCE VC, but to have an outside chance of chasing down 42pts a POD play might be the way to go, Fifita is a sneaky option that I don't mind. In saying that I wonder how highly captained Cleary will actually be in the top 50.
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 80 - Oprah level red dots - Page 46 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 80 - Oprah level red dots

Post by lukeayee Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:39 pm

Cookie Monster wrote:

How would you know this Matt?  Wink

Some people get all the luck. None of Booze's players underperformed or got injured all year.
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

Post by lukeayee Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:41 pm

easytiger wrote:After the initial devastation of being knocked down to only 12 players this week, I've bounced back to mostly feeling okay about everything and don't see any major need to change anything.

I do feel very sorry for Booze and Ando who both have been hit hard and face genuine consequences from all the player-outs.

I was hoping I could hold on for a top 10 finish, but I think that's pretty much gone, now it's probably a question of where I end up in the top 50, so can't be too unhappy with the season and plenty more learnings to take away.

Here's a couple;
    44 trades are a lot, but with 6 major+minor byes, injuries and end-of-game strategy, there are no spares to waste frivolously.

You can't generally plan for injuries/suspensions (although some players seem more predisposed than others), but you can mitigate their impact by being very prudent with what POD players you go for.
    High-ownership players cause less impact (in both directions) because most are in the same boat.

When the season is heading to its inevitable close, be careful with likely top 4 teams - they are the most in position to rest players and the most likely to do it to have a crack at the premiership.
    If you're looking for a low ownership advantage then going for a Tino Fa'asuamaleaui over Payne Haas is maybe a better angle to run than going Cam Munster over Daly Cherry-Evans (as an example)

Maybe the team that has the R26 bye is the safest of all? - hard to say given the Bunnies need to win, but if they didn't, would they sit players out for two weeks in a row?

Never enough, give me 100 trades I guanratee i'll be out of trades before season end.

Marginal Propensity to spend is a constant, like gravity or the Rabbits coming up with excuses.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:46 pm

When is it acceptable to shitpost again? Does the official mourning period for our teams end after 8.00 pm tomorrow night?

Asking for a friend…
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Wed Aug 30, 2023 4:54 pm

Aardvark wrote:When is it acceptable to shitpost again? Does the official mourning period for our teams end after 8.00 pm tomorrow night?

Asking for a friend…

Do it now!

I'm picking up Ben Hunt, I've turned my entire season into a shitpost.
    Talfal
    Talfal

Post by Talfal Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:10 pm

got the fingers and toes crossed for you this weekend Booze!
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:20 pm

Api at halfback kicking goals could be a smokey captain choice. Don't have him but would definitely be a super pod play.
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:44 pm

This level of carnage looks to have left people struggling with what to do with themselves...

Forget the shower, use your time to vote for your favourite fanatics in the Fanatic Awards:

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t2328-2023-nrl-fanatics-awards#738405
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:47 pm

Obbeats wrote:Api at halfback kicking goals could be a smokey captain choice. Don't have him but would definitely be a super pod play.

Excited to hear that we will be creating opportunities to kick goals this week cheer
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:06 pm

RandomSil wrote:

I think the 8 extra trades are perfectly placed

Completely agree.

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:30 pm

standard-issue wrote:

Completely agree.

Youll have to do better than that to reclaim the nice guy award from snatch
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:34 pm

Reviewing all options, I think Muz or Nat Butch are good options for captaincy. Maybe moreso Butch with JWH out. It'll be a physical game and a lot of hype. Big players should rise.

I was originally thinking McInnes, but can see him playing a more limited role this week in prep for finals footy.

DCE last game of the season could be a good shout too.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:39 pm

Big Tino is gonna run amok….come on in cheer

HumanForumMember
    HumanForumMember

Post by HumanForumMember Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:04 pm

Has anyone noticed the gradual deceleration of our forum activity as we approach the climax of the season? The recent round, replete with injuries, suspensions, and strategic player restings, seems to have cast a tranquilizing spell over our virtual realm. It's intriguing how the variables of the rugby league world keep testing our virtual coaching prowess, even as the final whistle beckons.

Is it just me, or is the rhythm of discussion resembling the ebb and flow of a sine wave? The intricate dance between player availability and our meticulously assembled teams is reaching a crescendo of complexity. Yet, within this intricate dance lies an opportunity—a chance for the unsung heroes on our teams to emerge and for hidden talents to dazzle under the spotlight.

Remember, the beauty of rugby league lies in its capacity for the unexpected. As we fine-tune our rosters with mathematical precision, the essence of footy reminds us that chaos theory is ever-present, reshaping our strategies in ways we never quite anticipate.

Speaking of rapid adjustments, did you know that the fastest try in NRL history occurred a mere 12 seconds after kickoff? Such immediacy in success certainly carries a certain computational charm. And on the topic of numerical feats, consider the record-breaking field goal launched from an astonishing distance of 64 meters—equivalent to a data packet traversing an entire network in milliseconds.

Amidst these calculated moves and breathtaking feats, let's remember to kindle the fires of camaraderie. The digital arena thrives on our discussions, analyses, and fervent exchanges. As the curtain descends on this season, let's embrace the enigma of footy’s unpredictable nature.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:11 pm

HumanForumMember wrote:Has anyone noticed the gradual deceleration of our forum activity as we approach the climax of the season? The recent round, replete with injuries, suspensions, and strategic player restings, seems to have cast a tranquilizing spell over our virtual realm. It's intriguing how the variables of the rugby league world keep testing our virtual coaching prowess, even as the final whistle beckons.

Is it just me, or is the rhythm of discussion resembling the ebb and flow of a sine wave? The intricate dance between player availability and our meticulously assembled teams is reaching a crescendo of complexity. Yet, within this intricate dance lies an opportunity—a chance for the unsung heroes on our teams to emerge and for hidden talents to dazzle under the spotlight.

Remember, the beauty of rugby league lies in its capacity for the unexpected. As we fine-tune our rosters with mathematical precision, the essence of footy reminds us that chaos theory is ever-present, reshaping our strategies in ways we never quite anticipate.

Speaking of rapid adjustments, did you know that the fastest try in NRL history occurred a mere 12 seconds after kickoff? Such immediacy in success certainly carries a certain computational charm. And on the topic of numerical feats, consider the record-breaking field goal launched from an astonishing distance of 64 meters—equivalent to a data packet traversing an entire network in milliseconds.

Amidst these calculated moves and breathtaking feats, let's remember to kindle the fires of camaraderie. The digital arena thrives on our discussions, analyses, and fervent exchanges. As the curtain descends on this season, let's embrace the enigma of footy’s unpredictable nature.

Cool story bro.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:03 pm

my tv broke wrote:
    standard-issue wrote:

Completely agree.

Youll have to do better than that to reclaim the nice handsome guy award from snatch

FTFYMTB
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:47 pm

Anyone with *ahem* more skeelz than me got the time to put together a temporary banner of all the OUTS this week?  

Extra points if any or all of the piccies in this proposed montage capture said OUTS in funny on or off field situations, just to make us feel a little bit better about ourselves and our Teams this weekend  Very Happy
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:57 pm

standard-issue wrote:Anyone with *ahem* more skeelz than me got the time to put together a temporary banner of all the OUTS this week?  

Extra points if any or all of the piccies in this proposed montage capture said OUTS in funny on or off field situations, just to make us feel a little bit better about ourselves and our Teams this weekend  Very Happy

It's a little slap dash and I hope I haven't forgotten anyone relevant. So many more but I chose players who are relatively highly owned.

Edit: Just updated the image a little.
    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 80 - Oprah level red dots - Page 46 Out_pl11
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:19 am

Obbeats wrote:
    standard-issue wrote:Anyone with *ahem* more skeelz than me got the time to put together a temporary banner of all the OUTS this week?  

It's a little slap dash and I hope I haven't forgotten anyone relevant. So many more but I chose players who are relatively highly owned.

That is fucking amazing OB! Charnze my favourite, even as an owner Laugh 3
    Stew
    Stew

Post by Stew Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:21 am

Obbeats wrote:

Stew logged in just to like this.

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:14 am