NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 81 - Can the last green dot please turn off the lights

BCT05
    BCT05

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 81 - Can the last green dot please turn off the lights - Page 31 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 81 - Can the last green dot please turn off the lights

Post by BCT05 Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:47 pm

Robertneville wrote:Pending updates looks like I'm going to finish around 31st, so not as good as last years 16th but still a very good result I can be happy with.

Last season my team came home like a freight train whereas this year with all the outs the last couple of weeks I faded badly.

I managed to go back to back in the Dragons league and win it for the 2nd year in a row, and this time it wasn't due to an unfortunate final round HIA which gave me opportunity last year.

Congratulations to all those who managed to do well, and thank you to all who offered advice and shared their opinions with everyone throughout.

Commiserations to those who suffered a less than stellar season, just remember we all have good and bad seasons and all get to start at the same point next year. So if things didn't go your way this season there is no reason it can't go the other way for you next time.

Haha sound like similar years for us. Great stuff, awesome to take the dragons league back to back.

For some reason not in a fan league at all but guessing someone higher than me won the Warriors league anyway.
    the_great_wobbler
    the_great_wobbler

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 81 - Can the last green dot please turn off the lights - Page 31 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 81 - Can the last green dot please turn off the lights

Post by the_great_wobbler Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:47 pm

Thanks for the season folks, ended just holding on to top 250 with my previous best north of 2000 and made it into L2 for next year. Been a great 6 months. Wife's team ended up around 40th with a monthly win as well (still waiting for the cash though).

Enjoy finals everyone and see you all next preseason. Up the wahs!
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:48 pm

I've finished on 24259 at 599th after scoring 666 this week. I'm kinda disappointed and really stoked at the same time!

R13 I was 21st but shit the bed trying to be cute in the bye rounds, last year I finished 15804 with 20150 points, a 15000 odd place rise isn't so bad :-)

Thanks for all the great advice and banter this year and congratulations to @Boozecluez, I know it's not the big one but second is awesome!
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:49 pm

Congrats to all you lot with great scores/ranks. Ended up 973rd pending updates after a horror week.
    Huge shoutout to Booze who’s been Bradburied, it won’t seem like it now but you’ve had a hell of a year
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:49 pm

Love the banner!
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:50 pm

Mulvy wrote:Massive weekend for me, 917 and in from 250th to 109th, and secured a spot in L1 again! cheer 
    Strong finish with a 924 this week. Probably settles closer to 929 but enough to get me to 161 rank and best ever finish quite easily.

Well done to everyone this year and well played Booze, youre a legend and we all look forward to seeing how you back it up next year

Last edited by Liverpool_Bulldog on Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:52 pm

Thanks again for the support this year and all the kind messages/posts
    The last few days has been a bit crazy (a few nasty direct facebook/discord messages) but will leave it at that.
    Avoiding all social media and footy helped me clear things and had a nice day with the family and remember whats important and not let things get derailed.

It has been a fun journey regardless of how it ended and fair credit to Beaver/Fung however it finishes and keeping it interesting

Also a big shout out to all the other fanatics who have been at the pointy end, its been a tough end for you too and it's not all about me
    And the others who had big seasons improving, helping out around here or with the stats in general or organising all the fun leagues

I guess the biggest lesson learnt here without taking away from what you put in is to not lose focus of why you play the game or why you are here.

The whole 'fun' thing wasnt about taking away how hard people put in, being condescending or taking away from others.
    It was about overall remembering why you play this game and perhaps not being scared about taking a risk or going with a player.
    Trusting the gut or rolling the dice because its a free game and there is nothing to lose

Anyways most won't make it to this part, so all the best with the offseason and maybe I can save 8 trades for the final 2 rounds next year haha

Cheers
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:57 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    Strong finish with a 924 this week. Probably settles closer to 929 but enough to get me to 161 rank and best ever finish quite easily.

Well done to everyone this year and well played Booze, youre a legend and we all look forward to seeing how you back it up next year

Great finish after a slow start to the season
    Grouse
    Grouse

Post by Grouse Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:58 pm

Congrats to not only Booze but everyone else on here for a hell of a season. Serious community the Fanatics are!

As for myself have finished on season best rank of 163 and have locked in a league 2 position for next year - pretty bloody stocked!

Also bloody pumped to see my beloved Raiders make finals, not expecting to much within the final series itself but over the moon with the fight the lads have shown this year.

UKJC
    UKJC

Post by UKJC Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:02 pm

Final round 857 from 13 players (3 of those being Graham, Drinky & S.Smith for a combined 26 points) takes me to 49th overall pending updates & back into L1 next year.

Back to back top 50 finishes (think around 30th last year). Really pleased with finishing so high this year considering I didn’t break into the top 1k until round 17, had a very strong finish.

Was 1st in VSDT heading into this round as well, got a reasonable score there considering all the carnage this round so keeping fingers crossed I’ve held onto top spot but can’t see live rankings or other people’s teams on there unfortunately until they do final updates at end of the round.

Overall, very happy with how the seasons finished off. Congratulations to all on here who’ve had a great season & commiserations to those who’ve not gone as well as they’d hoped, you’ll bounce back next year I’m sure! It’s a great community on here that I wish I could be more active in, I just struggle with the time difference & keeping up on all the posts.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:11 pm

Congrats to @Rabbits21 for killing it in the tipping again this year, just like the previous two years that I've been in the Fanatics footytips.com league. Dude ain't no fluke!
    Robertneville
    Robertneville

Post by Robertneville Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:11 pm

BCT05 wrote:I'm definitely building #momentum.

20th last year and 19th this year. On that basis, 2041 will be my year for the win!

Pretty crazy though, probably the two best season's I'll ever have and they were back to back, but not quite good enough for some KFC.

Will definitely look back on this one as a "what might have been", whereas last season was more a late charge. Without the disastrous trade I made last week I think there's a chance I would have cracked the top 10. A couple others stick out as well like not getting on Horse originally and then getting both Haas and Horse instead of Yeo (due to rd27 resting fears lol!). No complaints though, stoked with the season.

BCT05 wrote:
    Haha sound like similar years for us. Great stuff, awesome to take the dragons league back to back.

For some reason not in a fan league at all but guessing someone higher than me won the Warriors league anyway.

Yes very similar, congrats on the great seasons. There should be some sort of reward for whoever can get the closest to their previous seasons position, potentially harder to do than winning the whole thing lol.

You should delete your NRL account at seasons end and sign back up again at the start of next season or something so you can get put back in your clubs league.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:16 pm

Camo123 wrote:

Great finish after a slow start to the season
    Cheers mate, hopefully I get the benefit of a decent start at some stage and then see how we go from there
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:20 pm

Congrats to the winner of the Predictions League and the winner of a NRLFF Shirt

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 81 - Can the last green dot please turn off the lights - Page 31 Giphy

predictions:
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:22 pm

Just a quick PSA for all of those who are anticipating being in a particular League next year

You should drop in sometime in early February to register for the Leagues. If you leave it until the week before the season starts, you'll probably end up in one of the Latecomers Leagues

Cheers
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:25 pm

Congrats to Booze on an amazing season. Pretty much did everything you could to win the thing. Undone be the craziest of final rounds.

Thanks to all the regular posters who keep the forum ticking along. Ive been super busy but its nice to read over the comments when I get a chance.

I finished 661st after being 302nd with a month to go. Always disappointing to finish the year with no momentum but still happy to again finish in the top 1000
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:32 pm

Camo123 wrote:Congrats to the winner of the Predictions League and the winner of a NRLFF Shirt

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 81 - Can the last green dot please turn off the lights - Page 31 Giphy

predictions:

Thanks for tallying up Camo.

Show's the surprises this year. Last year's winning score was 44.
    Robertneville
    Robertneville

Post by Robertneville Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:38 pm

Last 2 games updates:

Titans:
    Tino - 68
    D.Fifita - 54
    Fotuaika - 28

Bulldogs:
    M.King - 64
    Averillo - 24

Sharks:
    Hynes - 95
    Ramien - 57
    McInnes - 57
    Mulitalo - 46
    Nikora - 41
    Tracey - 38

Raiders:
    Timoko - 50
    Tapine - 25
    Cotric - 24
    Kris -  8
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:42 pm

Whatever the end result, congrats on a huge season, Booze. Brutal last round/s but such is Fantasy, I guess. Still an amazing stab at it.

And congrats to all who achieved pleasing results this year.

And thanks to any and all who've shared their expertise through year, whether that be with myself or anyone else. Merry off-season!
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:04 pm

Finished on 327. Happy with that and by far my highest rank of the year after a lot of up and downs in the rankings and I never was fully being able to crack into the top tier again like last year. Quality year lads, so much fantasy talent.

Feel for you Booze but you've handled this like an absolute gentleman, don't listen to any other cunt trying to make themselves feel better by trying to fuck with you. They wished they could finish as high as you did, or anywhere near the top tier level.

Current date/time is Tue Sep 17, 2024 4:52 pm