NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 81 - Can the last green dot please turn off the lights

Papadontbleach
    Papadontbleach

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 81 - Can the last green dot please turn off the lights - Page 32 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 81 - Can the last green dot please turn off the lights

Post by Papadontbleach Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:18 pm

Congratulations to all on another fantasy season done.

I finished 655 and I’m happy enough with that. I’ll handover my spot in League 1 to someone else but will be gunning to get it back next year.

I only hit the top 1000 for the first time last week as I played too conservatively early on. Something I’ll look to rectify next year.
    OB
    OB

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 81 - Can the last green dot please turn off the lights - Page 32 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 81 - Can the last green dot please turn off the lights

Post by OB Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:18 pm

Congratulations everyone for a great year. Thanks for the hospitality. Don't intend to go anywhere - I'll be about next year and probably checking in over the off season if there is some life in this place when there are no scores to check.

Intend to do a fair bit of prep for next year. Some stat crunching and such.

Congrats and commiserations to Booze. 2nd (or potentially 3rd) out of over 200,000 is an absolutely incredible finish.

I ended up at 59,000th before updates. I'm pretty happy with that considering starting behind the eight ball.

This game has been the (fridge) Sauce of much entertainment. Bring on next year!

Edit: Had to fix my grammar in that first paragraph. It was atrocious.

Last edited by Obbeats on Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:21 pm

Fuck I need do stop missing the upvote button. Apologies
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:44 pm

Someone has to hold up the ass of everything, for all the winners, you also have toilers, you are welcome, slid out to 8k+ final rank. But as has always been the case for me, I legit play fantasy just so I can post here, wouldn't have it any other way.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:48 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Fuck I need do stop missing the upvote button. Apologies

Thought it must have been Butters who downvoted me there for a minute.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:53 pm

wolfking wrote:

Thought it must have been Butters who downvoted me there for a minute.

I assumed Bender was back on one Laughing Shouldn't have said anything LB.. I occasionally throw the odd downvote to stir up shit and speculation Twisted Evil
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:17 pm

Robertneville wrote:

Yes very similar, congrats on the great seasons. There should be some sort of reward for whoever can get the closest to their previous seasons position, potentially harder to do than winning the whole thing lol.

You should delete your NRL account at seasons end and sign back up again at the start of next season or something so you can get put back in your clubs league.
    I see what you did there lol!
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:41 pm

695 for me in this cursed final round, from 12 players (including Kris and Graham combining for 17 points), but somehow didn't lose any ranks.

Final rank is 3280 overall which is way better than I thought would happen after sliding from 92 to 5400 over the course of a couple months. These last few weeks have been pretty fun at least, and bring on next year!

Up the mighty Storm in the finals Razz
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:47 pm

Top season. I'm sad it's over now. You're all just so damn good at fantasy. Thanks for another great year.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:13 pm

676 captaining Natty Butch and playing Kris, Finefeuiaki and H.Graham. whirlwind.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Sun Sep 03, 2023 10:56 pm

Peaked at 45th - bit of a tough last month including some self-sabotage last round (Captain Fifita and last trade Ben Hunt as a thanks for the memories) - so ultimately falling to 82nd. Which is easily my best finish in this and comfortably L1, so pretty stoked.

Although just worked out if I captained Hynes I finished 69th which would’ve been nice
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:00 pm

Well done everyone - a good year for the Fanatics and particularly for Booze. If they offer you second place and a couple of chunky prizes at the start of the season, you take it

Similarly, I'd have taken my 33rd place finish if offered, so won't get upset about a late season fade. Back in League 1 too, which is the important part.

Because Roosters fans know nothing, I should be getting a $250 NRL shop voucher for that, but being outside Aus/NZ can't take delivery of any goods. Have thought about just ordering a load of Roosters gnomes/jerseys/bobbleheads and sending it to "Rabbits21, Sydney", but that would be mean, so instead want to make that available to the forum.

Some possibilities for that:

1) Winner of end of season finals comp along the lines of the World Cup Fantasy we did last year

2) If any of you work for charities, schools etc and want to get a couple of jerseys you can raffle

3) Any other fantasy comp that the great minds on here can come up with

Last edited by rhinoceroo on Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:01 pm

853 for the round, 1491 for the year.

Nice little climb this last round in from 2216, but after securing my first ever top 1000 finish last year, I was hoping to build on that further. Not to be, there's always next year.

I can't remember what I do to kill time at work when it's the offseason and I don't have several pages of posts on here to catch up on every morning pale
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:52 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:Well done everyone - a good year for the Fanatics and particularly for Booze. If they offer you second place and a couple of chunky prizes at the start of the season, you take it

Similarly, I'd have taken my 33rd place finish if offered, so won't get upset about a late season fade. Back in League 1 too, which is the important part.

Because Roosters fans know nothing, I should be getting a $250 NRL shop voucher for that, but being outside Aus/NZ can't take delivery of any goods. Have thought about just ordering a load of Roosters gnomes/jerseys/bobbleheads and sending it to "Rabbits21, Sydney", but that would be mean, so instead want to make that available to the forum.

1) Winner of end of season finals comp along the lines of the World Cup Fantasy we did last year

2) If any of you work for charities, schools etc and want to get a couple of jerseys you can raffle

Super generous offer mate, I’m sure someone here could find a cause.

I’d offer it to my local school to raffle, but would have to be a Souffs jersey in my area and I’m not sure I’m there yet.
    Robertneville
    Robertneville

Post by Robertneville Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:03 am

rhinoceroo wrote:Well done everyone - a good year for the Fanatics and particularly for Booze. If they offer you second place and a couple of chunky prizes at the start of the season, you take it

Very generous offer mate.

Forgive my ignorance but why can't you receive anything? The only requirements to ever receive vouchers are replying to an email, and I'm pretty sure the NRLshop deliver internationally too.
    DarkKnight
    DarkKnight

Post by DarkKnight Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:23 am

Bad luck Booze that was a messed up final round. Enjoy the new tv.

Fanatics have gone 3rd and 2nd the last two seasons so maybe we take it out next year.

rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:10 am

Robertneville wrote:

Very generous offer mate.

Forgive my ignorance but why can't you receive anything? The only requirements to ever receive vouchers are replying to an email, and I'm pretty sure the NRLshop deliver internationally too.

Last time I won vouchers, either I got to the end of the ordering process and they wouldn't ship internationally or the cost of the shipping/export would have been more than the goods. Can't remember which.... pretty sure it was the former but either way the voucher went unused and would rather someone got something out of it this time.
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:27 am

Congratulations to the high achievers (no idea how I am going to pick out a fantasy fantasy rep from L1 next year) and all the regular (and not-so-regular) posters. Shoutout to Milch for shepherding the community team to 223rd, its second highest finish.

Ended up 546th. Down from last year but pretty happy given I didn’t break into the top 20,000 until round 8. My weakness continues to be flashy fullbacks. Not getting Miller in the first half of the year or Drinky in the second half cost me. The other lesson for next year is not to carry any round 27 bye players…
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:15 am

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 81 - Can the last green dot please turn off the lights - Page 32 D998c810

This is where I peaked. Not surprisingly, it’s also around the time I ran out of trades and decided to be all cute and funny with my choice of captain. Going into round 22, I was in the 500s, and captained DCE over Cleary, but still gained ranks into the 400s.

Next round, being silly(or stupid) again, I took a punt on Hopgood, and that investment cost me 170 places. The following two rounds, where I should have been risky, I played it safe, but thankfully, didn’t fall too far down the rankings.

In conclusion, playing this way definitely cost me a top 300 spot, but I did achieve my goal of finishing in the top 1000.
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:57 am

Jele wrote:Congratulations to the high achievers (no idea how I am going to pick out a fantasy fantasy rep from L1 next year) and all the regular (and not-so-regular) posters. Shoutout to Milch for shepherding the community team to 223rd, its second highest finish.

Ended up 546th. Down from last year but pretty happy given I didn’t break into the top 20,000 until round 8. My weakness continues to be flashy fullbacks. Not getting Miller in the first half of the year or Drinky in the second half cost me. The other lesson for next year is not to carry any round 27 bye players…

Yep good shoutout for Milch, real good year for the community team.

Re rd27 bye players I had zero in the end but still had 9 red dots Laughing

Current date/time is Tue Sep 10, 2024 11:15 am