NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes

L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes - Page 17 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes

Post by L-Jimmy Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:39 pm

Any Broncos fans know whether Cobbo is able/willing to pass? Could make a difference to Arthars outside of him. I've only got a scratchy memory of a fullback game where he wasn't great.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes - Page 17 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes

Post by Aardvark Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:53 pm

L-Jimmy wrote:Any Broncos fans know whether Cobbo is able/willing to pass? Could make a difference to Arthars outside of him. I've only got a scratchy memory of a fullback game where he wasn't great.

Of course he can but he's been keeping it under wraps waiting to unleash it on an unsuspecting Sin City audience....I've got Arthurs in my team twice.

Cobbo = Cunning like a fox (a fox not 'The Fox' who isn't really cunning at all)
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:00 pm

Bird into the centres confirmed by Flanagan Sr;
    “He’ll predominantly play, I would hope so, most of his footy in the centres.

“He could play a little bit of five-eighth if we have an injury or form, but that’s where he’ll play most of his footy, at right centre."

He may or may not have mentioned that they think he can increase his fantasy point production in that role
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:03 pm

Also mentioned that Sloan will be fullback, comparing him to Reece Walsh on two occasions;

“He’s so fast out the back of shape ... you’ve got your Reece Walsh, I’m not saying he’s in that category, but he’d be up there with speed.

“If he gets one-on-one with a backrower, good luck trying to stop him, and that’s what they’re trying to with Reece Walsh and these blokes out the back of shapes."

Apparently his defending is going well, all of which will make FF Rob no doubt very excited for the season ahead.

On a minor note, it seems the only way Campbell Graham will be compared with Lomax this year is if he too finds himself as a very well paid winger
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:06 pm

CorruptSquid wrote:
    ynot wrote:
    - Filled out every teams top 17 based on likely team list articles
    - Calculated all players historical PPM and average minutes at that position, if they have no stats I use the positions average.
    - Make sure all the teams minutes are complete by bumping players minutes up or down
    - Generate the projected points which is PPM * Projected Minutes
    - Fix up the projections to make them lean more towards more recent seasons or bump things down a bit if they don't make sense

Kind of a system, with a bit of guess work!

I think the projections are all pretty accurate and around where I would've had them placed aside from a few points here or there. Lussick I have projected higher but as you mentioned, I did it based on the fact Lussick will play 80.

If Parra do play an 80 minute hooker, and its Lussick over Hands, he should go much higher than the 38 predicted there.

His average last year in 60+ minutes was 50.6
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:35 pm

Apparently Schuster's recent lack of training is a fabrication. He can stay in my team for now then.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/thats-not-true-anthony-seibold-fires-back-at-josh-schuster-training-claims/news-story/aef3ea5f3bd560b2b420932d802ad4fe
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:41 pm

easytiger wrote:
    On a minor note, it seems the only way Campbell Graham will be compared with Lomax this year is if he too finds himself as a very well paid winger

Campbell Graham lacks the versatility to play wing.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:15 pm

robelgordo wrote:

Campbell Graham lacks the versatility to play wing.

There's something very Dragons-like about the centre quality rating being

Lomax>Suli>Bird

and the selection rating being

Suli>Bird>Lomax.

Y'all are really going to give the Tigers and Raiders a red-hot shove for the spoon hey?

Post by Guest Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:55 pm

Aardvark wrote:

Of course he can but he's been keeping it under wraps waiting to unleash it on an unsuspecting Sin City audience....I've got Arthurs in my team twice.

Cobbo = Cunning like a fox (a fox not 'The Fox' who isn't really cunning at all)

From what I’ve read Arthars is still nursing an ankle injury and they’ve been running with Mariner on the wing.
    They’re still uncertain about him being available for round 1.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:00 pm

Genderbender wrote:

From what I’ve read Arthars is still nursing an ankle injury and they’ve been running with Mariner on the wing.
    They’re still uncertain about him being available for round 1.

This is true but I’ve disregarded it for the sake of the narrative… every good story should have a central character called Jesse. It’s science.

Post by Guest Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:01 pm

Aardvark wrote:

This is true but I’ve disregarded it for the sake of the narrative… every good story should have a central character called Jesse. It’s science.

Roger!
    Lemmy KGB
    Lemmy KGB

Post by Lemmy KGB Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:34 pm

Think I'll take a punt on Cobbo. At least he will be there till round 13 (barring injury)

Tommy T and Cobbo @ CTR ATM, god help me.

Edit: not right now obviously.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:18 pm

Lemmy KGB wrote:Think I'll take a punt on Cobbo. At least he will be there till round 13 (barring injury)

Defensive reads by Cobbo are extremely poor.
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:21 pm

So does Flanagan kick this year ya reckon? They should televise a kick-off between him and Lomax.
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:21 pm

Lemmy KGB wrote:Think I'll take a punt on Cobbo. At least he will be there till round 13 (barring injury)

As in Talau? Where does he fit in Manly’s backline?
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:31 pm

L-Jimmy wrote:Any Broncos fans know whether Cobbo is able/willing to pass? Could make a difference to Arthars outside of him. I've only got a scratchy memory of a fullback game where he wasn't great.

I think Arthars will be outside Staggs?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:49 pm

Obbeats wrote:

Bipolar is not curable and overwhelmingly does not just go away. It can be managed, but he will be dealing with it for the rest of his life.

Doesn't mean he won't be able to perform, but there may be times -if he is having an episode that he will have manic depressive days.

Hard to know if he has been suffering with it for a while (and his scores have been effected in the past) or its recently onset. Average age of onset is 25.

Wife's old man is bi-polar, he runs hot and cold, but when the medication is right he's good as gold, has proper manic episodes in cycles, been every 6 years currently.

It's nuts to see the difference in the person during these, last time, he bought a summer house for himself...opposite his current house Laugh 3 not funny but funny at the same time. Told my wife he was going to escape, she was obviously laughed it off as during his manic phase so was enabling him, but then proceeded to Escape from mental health unit at hospital, by smashing the fire alarm, and went on the run, went to tesco (supermarket) got himself a new hat, put on a scottish accent and went to his local where he was picked up by the police Laugh 3

Lemmy KGB
    Lemmy KGB

Post by Lemmy KGB Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:20 pm

Alfie wrote:

As in Talau? Where does he fit in Manly’s backline?

Could get that wing spot, but probably not I guess. Have 300K in the bank so will see what happens. I'm sure plenty will change in my squad.
    Lemmy KGB
    Lemmy KGB

Post by Lemmy KGB Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:28 pm

mickspicks wrote:

Defensive reads by Cobbo are extremely poor.

Let's hope his attacking prowess can outweigh
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:52 pm

Probably a dumb Q but do you need to pick a full 21 before R1 lockout to score?

Like if you just picked a captain, VC and the Vegas lads can you leave the rest blank? Or do you need a bunch of placeholders and make changes during the rolling lockout?

Yes this is my 5th season but I’m asking the n00b question

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:32 am