NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes

robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes - Page 10 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes

Post by robelgordo Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:09 pm

Alfie wrote:

Thanks Milch, yeah forgot to add that. The article (which is authored by the Mole I should add  Salt) intimated that Tigers insiders think it’s now “his position to lose” after training the house down in the pre-season

Strikes me as odd that he’s leapt ahead of a reasonably high profile off season signing seeking a regular halves role and the most expensive hyped teenage RL player in the country

But is the Tigers, so they could’ve dropped close to a million in cap only to have the solution under their nose on minimum wage?
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes - Page 10 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes

Post by mickspicks Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:09 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

There is a few on the panthers forum who don't trust their small minute rookie bench MIDs to maintain the rage like Leniu. They are suggesting that Martin, or Sorenson should be a bench MID instead

What does life after Yeo look like? Is there a possibility that Kenny plays some lock, or Peach?

Garner battled a small injury IIRC and then struggled to find his way back in to the team. Form was a bit shite when he got a run, too.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:11 pm

I like the combo of Ponga and Best. Feel confident both of them can kick on.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:12 pm

JMK+10k cashy money looks good over Robson.

But then maybe Mahoney+80k looks better still. Depends if the Dogs forwards can improve their effort a bit so little Reed doesn't get MT for chop tackles without support.

With old 'Faster than a speeding bullet' Hughes around anyone can dare to dream.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:16 pm

Genderbender wrote:I think most of the Panthers available forwards minutes will be taken by Sorenson.
    They’ll move him back to the middle (where he’s won a premiership) and play Garner 2rf for the 80.
    They’ve also shown a willingness to sacrifice size for line speed in defence with playing Soni Luke at 9 and pushing Kenny into the middle as of late last season which I think will continue.
    So, even though Sorenson will be taking the middle minutes the biggest beneficiary fantasy wise will be Garner.
    The rest of the low minute middle forwards will stay that way.

Sorenson also won a premiership on the edge and he won the spot on form. I don't see them dropping him to the bench for Garner.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:17 pm

mickspicks wrote:

What does life after Yeo look like? Is there a possibility that Kenny plays some lock, or Peach?

Garner battled a small injury IIRC and then struggled to find his way back in to the team. Form was a bit shite when he got a run, too.

If Lindsay Smith is still at the club he will be a walk up starter at lock. Yeo probably still has a good 4 years in him so Smith will probably look elsewhere
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:24 pm

L-Jimmy wrote:

Fogarty is a good choice too, albeit 47k more. But SOS plays in a far far better backline this year, and behind a nearly-as-good pack. Even with GK (which Fog may not do much of) I can see SOS having a good run - particularly with the quality of service from JMK vs Woolford or Levi.

Yeah, R3 by is a nuisance, but perfect bye schedule afterwards.

I know I’m biased, but dolphins having a far far better backline is surely hyperbole. The only player I’d definitely say is stronger in position is HTF. Timoko and Kris would shit on averilo and farnworth. Isaako is a potato (so is cotric). Bostock is unproven. Sos is on par with fog.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:29 pm

Fortitude wrote:

I know I’m biased, but dolphins having a far far better backline is surely hyperbole. The only player I’d definitely say is stronger in position is HTF. Timoko and Kris would shit on averilo and farnworth. Isaako is a potato (so is cotric). Bostock is unproven. Sos is on par with fog.

Farnworth being worse than Timoko and Kris is a scorching hot take
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:30 pm

Fortitude wrote:

Farnworth is one of the best centers in the comp. Isaako was great last season.

Not sure what has happened to Cotric. Was a good winger when he started his career.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:33 pm

Fortitude wrote:

I meant better than last year, not necessarily better than the Raiders.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:34 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Farnworth being worse than Timoko and Kris is a scorching hot take

Farnworth is a gun, but, as a combination Timoko and Kris are better than Farnworth and Averilo. I mean, in my opinion at least.

Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:53 pm

Fortitude wrote:

Farnworth is a gun, but, as a combination Timoko and Kris are better than Farnworth and Averilo. I mean, in my opinion at least.

Farnworth with anyone pips Timoko/Kris for me, again just an opinion. Not that I don’t rate Timoko/Kris.
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:58 pm

robelgordo wrote:

Strikes me as odd that he’s leapt ahead of a reasonably high profile off season signing seeking a regular halves role and the most expensive hyped teenage RL player in the country

But is the Tigers, so they could’ve dropped close to a million in cap only to have the solution under their nose on minimum wage?

Fainu’s just as green as Galvin I’d say and calling Sullivan high-profile is quite generous. I’m sure they’re starting to regret both over-investments. I have a sneaky suspicion it contributed to Scott Fulton being ousted so quick; on top of Benji not being consulted for his appointment.

Last edited by Alfie on Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:58 pm

robelgordo wrote:

I doubt he's leapt ahead, more likely Tigers are pleasantly surprised in what they have in their 18 year old rookie after he was forced to train with the starters when Sully and Fainu picked up niggles in preseason.

Maybe he does jump ahead but more likely Sully starts the year if fit (as he's expected to be) and Fainu/Galvin battle it out to see who gets the next crack.
    Tall_man
    Tall_man

Post by Tall_man Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:17 pm

Anyone thinking of passing on Drew Clutchinson? Obviously he's my captain at the moment but I was thinking of going with a POD like Cleary (Nathan) or Hynes (Nicho)... or should I just stick with the pack??
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:17 pm

I wonder what there plan is for 2025. Luai coming over, Doueihi back, then you’ve got Sezer, Sully, Fainu and Galvin. Surely Doueihi is wasted in the centres. Not sure they’ve thought this through; highly irregular for the Tigers
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:20 pm

i view my ctrs as a 5 atb collective as long as you have 3 of 5 being decent it doesn't matter if you go big on a ctr you just put a wfb cheapie starting...there seems to be more cheaper options at wfb than ctr
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:23 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

At the moment I've got Iro, Strange, Talau, Cotric. I'd rather run Brad Parker at 304k then spend up on a position that can dish up single digit 80 minute performances

The trouble is all four might not get picked and if Strange does get a ctr spot it might be for one week. All of those four are the ones most likely to dish you up a single figure score.
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:28 pm

Tall_man wrote:Anyone thinking of passing on Drew Clutchinson? Obviously he's my captain at the moment but I was thinking of going with a POD like Cleary (Nathan) or Hynes (Nicho)... or should I just stick with the pack??

Straight in if he’s jumped Sexton. I’ll captain him if you do study
    Tall_man
    Tall_man

Post by Tall_man Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:34 pm

Alfie wrote:

Straight in if he’s jumped Sexton. I’ll captain him if you do study

I'll hold you to that, but I'll be doing you a favour. If you filter by games over 60 points last year he averaged 102.

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:30 am