NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes

Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes

Post by Milchcow Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:54 am

Alfie wrote:
    Milchcow wrote:

To clarify, he is training there because Fainu and Sullivan currently have minor injuries, so take it with a grain of salt

Thanks Milch, yeah forgot to add that. The article (which is authored by the Mole I should add  Salt) intimated that Tigers insiders think it’s now “his position to lose” after training the house down in the pre-season

Its a big shame the Tigers have the round 1 bye, because whoever gets the spot is likely to be good value. Sezer probably not a great fantasy pick, he'd need to do a bunch of kicking (both general play and goalkicking) before he'd be worth it. But Fainu/Sullivan/Galvin all look good whoever gets a start can join Canberra's 6 on my bench
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes

Post by Mulvy Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:01 pm

L-Jimmy wrote:

Fogarty is a good choice too, albeit 47k more. But SOS plays in a far far better backline this year, and behind a nearly-as-good pack. Even with GK (which Fog may not do much of) I can see SOS having a good run - particularly with the quality of service from JMK vs Woolford or Levi.

Yeah, R3 by is a nuisance, but perfect bye schedule afterwards.

Hmm good points about the improved backline. And yeah a healthy JMK would help, must be hard to be a first receiver if there is chopping and changing at dummy half. I wonder if waiting until after the first bye would be better, usually have someone needing trade out by rd3.
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:02 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Its a big shame the Tigers have the round 1 bye, because whoever gets the spot is likely to be good value. Sezer probably not a great fantasy pick, he'd need to do a bunch of kicking (both general play and goalkicking) before he'd be worth it. But Fainu/Sullivan/Galvin all look good whoever gets a start can join Canberra's 6 on my bench

We should start a petition to have the Tigers pick their round 2 lineup before round 1

Post by Guest Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:04 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

How do you see the minutes being played out with Sorenson - does he play some MID and some EDG with Garner playing less than 80?
    If Garner starts on the EDG, you would imagine he would be on everyone's team

I think Garner plays the 80. Was probably supposed to last year but started the season a bit underdone and picked up a few more injuries. Sorenson then also had the best season of his life so they rolled with him there and worked the minutes on the other side with Martin/Hosking, who also went ok….
    Hosking is gone now so I’d imagine they’d revert back to 2 80 minute 2rf in Garner and Martin with Sorenson back in the middle.
    If Sorenson was to give anyone a spell on the edge it would probably be Martin, they’ll probably just get him to do the “Kikau concussion” though as is standard procedure.
    And yes, if Garner picks up that spot I’d imagine he’d be popular, not everyone’s team.
    I remember he burned a few people last year, plus there’s an abundance of 2rf available and they’ve got an early bye.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:09 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Hmm good points about the improved backline. And yeah a healthy JMK would help, must be hard to be a first receiver if there is chopping and changing at dummy half. I wonder if waiting until after the first bye would be better, usually have someone needing trade out by rd3.

If I was avoiding Fog, I would rather scrounge up the extra $160k and get Moses than go down to SOS. Moses is a guy capable of scoring 100s and has no early byes (9, 16, 20), while playing 2/3 major Origin rounds (if he isn't selected himself).

Post by Guest Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:13 pm

Alfie wrote:

Sorensen started in the backrow from about round 8 onwards, where’s this theory originated? Hosking and Garner were fit for the majority of the season.

It’s just a theory, I could be wrong.
    From memory Garner was first choice even coming into last season underdone and from memory he wasn’t properly fit for most of the season.
    Sorenson was a back up plan who killed it.
    Hosking was the same.
    I’d imagine if they’re all fit this is what they’d go to.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:15 pm

L-Jimmy wrote:

Fogarty is a good choice too, albeit 47k more. But SOS plays in a far far better backline this year, and behind a nearly-as-good pack. Even with GK (which Fog may not do much of) I can see SOS having a good run - particularly with the quality of service from JMK vs Woolford or Levi.

Yeah, R3 by is a nuisance, but perfect bye schedule afterwards.
    Mulvy wrote:

Also, check out the schedule

Dolphins - Cowboys(H), Dragons(A), Bye, Titans(A), Tigers(H)
    Raiders - Knights(A), Tigers(H), Warriors(A), Sharks(A), Eels(H)

That's a world of difference in difficulty and travel time. Raiders could walk into R6 tired with 1 win.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:15 pm

Mulvy wrote:I think I'll be starting with cheap centres like I usually do. Unless a forward with centre dual pops up, or a regular centre gets goal kicking they didn't previously have.

Kiraz, Cobbo and Penisi, like pretty much all centres, have 80 minutes scores in the teens and twenties. Too much risk that they start the year with a couple of those.

Who are these mythical cheap CTRs you speak of?

The cheapest one at the moment with secure spot is probably Arthars (344k, somehow has 25 wing average across career)

I think at this stage I’ll build with more expensive CTRs with the flexibility to downgrade to a cheap CTR should they appear rather than the reverse
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:18 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

If I was avoiding Fog, I would rather scrounge up the extra $160k and get Moses than go down to SOS. Moses is a guy capable of scoring 100s and has no early byes (9, 16, 20), while playing 2/3 major Origin rounds (if he isn't selected himself).

Interesting point.

If going gun and sub-gun, one choice could be

Grant & SOS
    vs
    Moses & Koro/Egan

I like option 1 more, but it's a bit of a false choice given the options elsewhere in the team. Byes/Origin etc all play into it. Still, valid options all around.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:21 pm

Camo123 wrote:

The cheapest one at the moment with secure spot is probably Arthars (344k, somehow has 25 wing average across career)

I think at this stage I’ll build with more expensive CTRs with the flexibility to downgrade to a cheap CTR should they appear rather than the reverse

Someone will show up, they usually do. Maybe Talau, Strange, Cotric. Or Arthurs if need be.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:26 pm

L-Jimmy wrote:

Interesting point.

If going gun and sub-gun, one choice could be

Grant & SOS
    vs
    Moses & Koro/Egan

I like option 1 more, but it's a bit of a false choice given the options elsewhere in the team. Byes/Origin etc all play into it. Still, valid options all around.

Yeah that is somewhat of a false choice. At the moment I have Moses and Robson as my HLF and HOK (Cleary as the main HLF obviously), though I may be forced to give up Moses if we're unlucky with cheapies.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:31 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

Yeah that is somewhat of a false choice. At the moment I have Moses and Robson as my HLF and HOK (Cleary as the main HLF obviously), though I may be forced to give up Moses if we're unlucky with cheapies.

I was still making a valid comparison - you want to scrounge up 202k to go SOS -> Moses, I want to scrounge up 128k to got Robson -> Grant.

The latter seems a far better choice.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:32 pm

Alfie wrote:

We should start a petition to have the Tigers pick their round 2 lineup before round 1

You would imagine that their second trial game would give a pretty good indication
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:34 pm

I wish that has not added four points on the Ponga's average last year when they were pricing him. With goal kicking back, he would have to be the pick of the WFBs
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:41 pm

I'm not seeing the Robson love, not one score over 50 in his last 9 games. Was he carrying an injury or do people think the Cowboys will get back to their best next year?
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:55 pm

Alfie wrote:I'm not seeing the Robson love, not one score over 50 in his last 9 games. Was he carrying an injury or do people think the Cowboys will get back to their best next year?

Getting picked for Origin killed his output, the reasoning behind picking him is that he'll score best in the 12 games before Origin period, at which point he is either a hold (if he misses Origin) or a sell (if he makes it again)

I'm quite high on the Cowboys at the moment.
    CorruptSquid
    CorruptSquid

Post by CorruptSquid Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:56 pm

Alfie wrote:I'm not seeing the Robson love, not one score over 50 in his last 9 games. Was he carrying an injury or do people think the Cowboys will get back to their best next year?

I tried to find an article on it, but I don't know if the significance warranted an article but if memory serves me correctly he was carrying a sternum injury. I like Robson this year but only because of the favourable bye schedule and I think he's got nowhere to go but up in price.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Jan 31, 2024 12:56 pm

Genderbender wrote:

I think Garner plays the 80. Was probably supposed to last year but started the season a bit underdone and picked up a few more injuries. Sorenson then also had the best season of his life so they rolled with him there and worked the minutes on the other side with Martin/Hosking, who also went ok….
    Hosking is gone now so I’d imagine they’d revert back to 2 80 minute 2rf in Garner and Martin with Sorenson back in the middle.
    If Sorenson was to give anyone a spell on the edge it would probably be Martin, they’ll probably just get him to do the “Kikau concussion” though as is standard procedure.
    And yes, if Garner picks up that spot I’d imagine he’d be popular, not everyone’s team.
    I remember he burned a few people last year, plus there’s an abundance of 2rf available and they’ve got an early bye.

Garner lost the starting spot because he is not very good
    the_great_wobbler
    the_great_wobbler

Post by the_great_wobbler Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:01 pm

I don't follow this one either. Few podcasts seem to think he's due a positive regression and like him as one of the few 80 min hookers left but I'm struggling to see a reason why that's likely rather than 2022 being an outlier year with a 0.3 try scoring rate Vs 0.1 last year.

His base is basically the same 22 Vs 23.

He's a good chance at origin again as well so wouldn't even get him for r13.

Edit: to be fair his career strike rate is 0.2 and he put up 0.3 in 21 as well. Still hoping we just get a big minute Lussick but maybe some value in Robson.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:08 pm

Camo123 wrote:

At the moment I've got Iro, Strange, Talau, Cotric. I'd rather run Brad Parker at 304k then spend up on a position that can dish up single digit 80 minute performances

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:42 am