NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes

Alfie
    Alfie

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes - Page 30 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes

Post by Alfie Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:07 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Tough question to answer, because even if they score the same every week, the price rises take ages to max out. Its just that the last few weeks will be rises if $1-2k each
    I'd say 8 weeks is close enough, but even then weeks 7 and 8 aren't huge rises

So when do you decide when a player has "maxxed out"
    Realistically its not just maxxing the price of the player you are trading out, but minimising the price of the player you are trading in. No point holding on for a week to grab $10k of price rises from 1 guy if your target rises $20k the same week.

Anyway here's a bit of a graph of how a consistent $230k player will rise in price scoring 27 every week

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes - Page 30 Base_p10

Beauuutiful, thanks Milch.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes - Page 30 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes

Post by L-Jimmy Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:09 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Tough question to answer, because even if they score the same every week, the price rises take ages to max out. Its just that the last few weeks will be rises if $1-2k each

Realistically its not just maxxing the price of the player you are trading out, but minimising the price of the player you are trading in. No point holding on for a week to grab $10k of price rises from 1 guy if your target rises $20k the same week.

Anyway here's a bit of a graph of how a consistent $230k player will rise in price scoring 27 every week

Great stuff.

It really depends on the difference between the starting price and the final price, because this tells you how big the steps are - and hence how much cash is being generated.

So, if your 230k rookie is averaging 55 a game, their final price will be 770k. Milchy's graph will have the same slow-down shape as it approaches the final price, but the early stages will be much steeper. You'd probably also keep them.

Assuming 10 points a game doesn't really simplify the problem too much, because a 230k rookie scoring 26 points will end up at 364k, or over 50% above starting price. This implies a higher early rate of increase than a 750k gun scoring at 850k, where the proportional increase is only 13.3%, and so the increase steps are much smaller.

So in practice a wait-and-see approach could be wise, where you focus on the player's role in your final team, the purchase options available, and pro-actively react to poor scores (sell fast) and high scores (keep longer).

That's because the formula for price changes is, and I'll re-post the equation if I can find it, a simple weighted 5-game moving average. This means that only the most recent 5 games impact the players price, and the more recent games have a much greater impact than the older games.

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:34 pm

my tv broke wrote:
    They could have had Rusty Crowe draw it out of a hat on live TV and souths fans would still claim it was rigged

My point is why even have different flight in the first place.
    Just give all clubs the same arrangements - why create 1 bonus, super flight and then have a need to decide which club gets to be on it.

Either make clubs sort themselves out, and the best organised club wins. Or get the NRL to organise it and give all the clubs the same deal.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:43 pm

Milchcow wrote:

This is one of the areas that Booze excels. Not afraid to jump off a guy that still has 30-50k left in him if it means grabbing one that is gonna make 200k
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:45 pm

The Bludger#2 wrote:
    Milchcow wrote:

Barry Toohey, who is normally fairly reliable for Knights news suggested they would split time to start the season.

But Brailey has basically never been subbed as a knight except due to injury, so I would expect if he gets back to full fitness he'd play 80 minutes a lot. Too risky to start the season with though I think

You know I've always been a Milchcow-stan, but I;m leaning towards Brails as my starting Hooker.
    Just a gut-feel, but I'm interested in your reasoning O' wise one.
    milchcow

Just too much risk.

Brailey is a pretty cheap for a guy with a career average of 50+ over multiple seasons. So that is a point in his favour.

But he's had multiple long term injuries in recent years, so there's just no guarantee he's going to come back the same player. Will definitely be keeping an eye on him though.

You won't be able to predict minutes based solely off round 1 teams either, as Crossland is certainly going to be on the bench. Just won't know what his exact minutes/role are
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:49 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Just give all clubs the same arrangements - why create 1 bonus, super flight and then have a need to decide which club gets to be on it.

Either make clubs sort themselves out, and the best organised club wins. Or get the NRL to organise it and give all the clubs the same deal.

Probably logistically very difficult? Cost vs availability etc. Each club is going to fly 25-30 players/staff over I would think. That's a lot of people trying to get business class seats all on or around the same day.

Just guessing, dont really know the configs of those flights. Not sure how many Sydney to LA flights there are per day, a couple ? And obviously the Broncos will not fly out of Sydney.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:54 pm

Milchcow wrote:

If the clubs had to sort themselves out Manly would be flying economy and sleeping in a hostel

Everyone should have been on the same flight and the same hotel
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:56 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Probably logistically very difficult? Cost vs availability etc. Each club is going to fly 25-30 players/staff over I would think. That's a lot of people trying to get business class seats all on or around the same day.

Just guessing, dont really know the configs of those flights. Not sure how many Sydney to LA flights there are per day, a couple ? And obviously the Broncos will not fly out of Sydney.

I just had a quick Google and there seems to be 5 flights a day from SYD-LAX. Two by Delta, one each by United, American and Qantas. Thursdays have an additional Qantas flight to make it six.

The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:57 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Just too much risk.

Brailey is a pretty cheap for a guy with a career average of 50+ over multiple seasons. So that is a point in his favour.

But he's had multiple long term injuries in recent years, so there's just no guarantee he's going to come back the same player. Will definitely be keeping an eye on him though.

You won't be able to predict minutes based solely off round 1 teams either, as Crossland is certainly going to be on the bench. Just won't know what his exact minutes/role are

Cheers. So maybe it will be a pivot to JMK as starting hooker.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:02 pm

The Bludger#2 wrote:

Cheers. So maybe it will be a pivot to JMK as starting hooker.

Depends who gets the 5/8 spot for the Phins. If it's not Nikorima, then JMK is a huge no go as Niko would almost certainly play 14 in that instance.

Something to watch out for but I think it's more likely to be Nikorima at 6 and either Stone or Donoghoe as the 14.
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:05 pm

Just throwing names / ideas around to get a picture of building a team with Chin / Haas.
    Problem is I've got 4 Raiders (including the 3 cheapies pencilled in).
    And, 3 Dolphins??

Bye round issues aplenty right there.
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:08 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

Depends who gets the 5/8 spot for the Phins. If it's not Nikorima, then JMK is a huge no go as Niko would almost certainly play 14 in that instance.

Something to watch out for but I think it's more likely to be Nikorima at 6 and either Stone or Donoghoe as the 14.

Here's my (extremely) rough draft - pre-pre-pre TLT.

JMK
    Haas / Palasia / Gilbert
    Piakura / Angus
    Chin / Fog-god
    Russell / Strange
    Weekes / Hammer / Papy
    Willison
    Tatola
    Lussick (or Hands)
    Curran
    Flanno
    Chevy Stewart
    Iro
    Arthurs

Yes, I know the Centres are trash. Yes, i know Pappy is currently injured.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:14 pm

Bethany_B wrote:
    my tv broke wrote:

I just had a quick Google and there seems to be 5 flights a day from SYD-LAX. Two by Delta, one each by United, American and Qantas. Thursdays have an additional Qantas flight to make it six.

Non Roosters clubs are flying via Fiji, not direct to LA
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:15 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

Probably more than i expected. Still think its going to be difficult to get 4 x seats of 30 business seats on the sameish flights together at shortish notice.

Anyway, I really don't care what flight any of them are on. We know the NRL can't organise anything.

Last edited by my tv broke on Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:15 pm

The Bludger#2 wrote:

Here's my (extremely) rough draft - pre-pre-pre TLT.

JMK
    Haas / Palasia / Gilbert
    Piakura / Angus
    Chin / Fog-god
    Russell / Strange
    Weekes / Hammer / Papy
    Willison
    Tatola
    Lussick (or Hands)
    Curran
    Flanno
    Chevy Stewart
    Iro
    Arthurs

Yes, I know the Centres are trash. Yes, i know Pappy is currently injured.

Decent looking team, though I have a few critiques

* Palasia almost certainly won't get enough minutes to be relevant. Both edge players will play 80 (Fermor and Fifita) and there are already two big minute middles (Tino and Moe), so there's not a whole left to go around between Palasia, Jolliffe and 2-4 more middles (They could run a 4 middle bench if one of them is Clark or Randall)

* I don't see the upside in Gilbert, he's a known quantity and not quite keeper level at MID. Fun to watch though.

* As someone who owned Russell for far too long last year, please don't do that to yourself. He has horrible base and not enough upside to justify it. If you must pick someone in that price range, get someone like Reimis Smith who has at least a little base.

* Strange is very likely to be out of the team in round 2 when Kris is back. That said, if he gets the 5/8 spot ahead of Kaeo Weekes he'll be 100% owned. At this point, it seems that it's between those two for the spot so you can't really own both of them.

* Papy is an easy pick, and if he isn't fit you get an even better pick with Sua Fa'alogo

* As much as the Amateurs would like it to happen, Iro will not be pushing Talakai out of centre anytime soon, so don't plan for that.

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:19 pm

Speaking of flights to LA, booked Brisbane to LA at the end of the year this morning for 1349 return. Not bad. Do miss the days of ~$850 return being about standard.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:35 pm

Seems like for sponsorship reasons they had to go through Nadi, but probably only enough flights/seats for 3 teams.

So the Roosters being the most luxurious team got the luxury flight i.e. the one the sponsors couldn't provide at a discount.

Having said that, maybe their flight is later so they actually have the benefits of a direct flight negated by less time on the ground. Probably not though.

Ultimately I can't imagine anyone seriously cares.

Crowe could've chartered a private jet for Souffs, or at least the senior players!
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:07 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

Decent looking team, though I have a few critiques

* Palasia almost certainly won't get enough minutes to be relevant. Both edge players will play 80 (Fermor and Fifita) and there are already two big minute middles (Tino and Moe), so there's not a whole left to go around between Palasia, Jolliffe and 2-4 more middles (They could run a 4 middle bench if one of them is Clark or Randall)

* I don't see the upside in Gilbert, he's a known quantity and not quite keeper level at MID. Fun to watch though.

* As someone who owned Russell for far too long last year, please don't do that to yourself. He has horrible base and not enough upside to justify it. If you must pick someone in that price range, get someone like Reimis Smith who has at least a little base.

* Strange is very likely to be out of the team in round 2 when Kris is back. That said, if he gets the 5/8 spot ahead of Kaeo Weekes he'll be 100% owned. At this point, it seems that it's between those two for the spot so you can't really own both of them.

* Papy is an easy pick, and if he isn't fit you get an even better pick with Sua Fa'alogo

* As much as the Amateurs would like it to happen, Iro will not be pushing Talakai out of centre anytime soon, so don't plan for that.

Thanks for the feedback on the draft team - I'll kick a few of the placeholders to the curb.
    Russell being one.
    Maybe Glibert gets downgraded so I can insert a strong centre along with a cheapie / cow.
    The Weekes / Strange / Stewart picks are to keep them in my mind. I'm assuming only 1 will be viable.
    Any thoughts on Jenkins as a WFB option, replacing Dom?
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:18 pm

Alfie wrote:Assuming a player averages 10 points above their price - assuming also they score the same score every week for simplicity - how long would it take them to peak?

isn't it you're peaking until your b/e becomes too high & you bleed cash...you have peaked
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Mon Feb 05, 2024 6:19 pm

Alfie wrote:Assuming a player averages 10 points above their price - assuming also they score the same score every week for simplicity - how long would it take them to peak?

You guys all have Milchcow's price predictor right?

Here it is for those that don't:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/igbiexbhicaa473/Price+predictor.xlsx/file

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:49 am