NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes

The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes - Page 40 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:35 am

Obbeats wrote:I'm not normally one to stray too far from the fantasy talk, but my partner and I are at the hospital for our first baby. Should I expect my fantasy form to drop? I surely can't do that much worse than last year...

Seriously dude, if you want to do well in fantasy, I would sell that plodder for Haas. Otherwise, just enjoy the ride.
    precursor
    precursor

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes - Page 40 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes

Post by precursor Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:47 am

Nothing wrong with the Fanatics' swimmers if all this baby chat is anything to go by
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:04 pm

https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/-thomas-burgess-to-move-to-super-league-at-the-end-of-season-2024

When I read that news this morning I felt quite emotional and somewhat shattered you guys know how much I love Tom one of my favourites. It is sad but let’s make his last season one to remember!

That last regular season home game against the Roosters will be very emotional Tom last regular season home game I won’t miss it for anything I will be there as he runs on to give him a massive standing ovation!!

So it will be the end of the Burgess era for on field.

I’ll never forget Toms efforts over the last 12 seasons the amount of times he got me out of my seat I’m sure he will again this year too. He will forever be in our folklore for the 2014 premiership too!

I’m sure he will give it everything he has in him as he always does in 2024 before he leaves
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:18 pm

Aardvark wrote:

Max is famously a high profile happy clapper whose celibate relationship with his 'met at church' betrothed was thoroughly exploited by one of those tax dodge mega churches that seem to spring up west of Marrackville to fleece the lost souls of Sydney's Millennial generation of their hard earned.

There were a bunch of videos where Max explained that keeping it in your pants was a great way to show your love for the Baby Jesus and make a few dollars for the slick fucker with the microphone.

Weird world we live in where everyone is so adamant about political correctness, inclusion and sensitivity, with most things untouchable but some beliefs, races or groups are fair game by the people with the same logic

I’m not personally offended by any means, more of an observation on return to the forum and this is what I read A+
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:35 pm

Ponga Yeo the Mann wrote:

Weird world we live in where everyone is so adamant about political correctness, inclusion and sensitivity, with most things untouchable but some beliefs, races or groups are fair game by the people with the same logic

I’m not personally offended by any means, more of an observation on return to the forum and this is what I read A+

Yeah probably a bit strong, I thought about adding a disclaimer abd oprobably should have, but for the record

While I am an atheist I have absolutely no issue with organised religion of any denomination, It has helped build the basic tenets which allow society to operate in a meaningful & cooperative way.

My beef is not with Max King or anyone else who has beliefs which help them get through their day to day.

The only thing that makes my piss boil is the quite obvious business models most modern evangelical churches operate under. They are business aimed at building the power and wealth of those at the top yet they fail to pay any tax, exploit the good will & labour of the young people involved and have a disproportionate influence on lawmakers which impact everyone regardless of their belief system.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:49 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/-thomas-burgess-to-move-to-super-league-at-the-end-of-season-2024

When I read that news this morning I felt quite emotional and somewhat shattered you guys know how much I love Tom one of my favourites. It is sad but let’s make his last season one to remember!

That last regular season home game against the Roosters  will be very emotional Tom last regular season home game I won’t miss it for anything I will be there as he runs on to give him a massive standing ovation!!

So it will be the end of the Burgess era for on field.

I’ll never forget Toms efforts over the last 12 seasons the amount of times he got me out of my seat I’m sure he will again this year too. He will forever be in our folklore for the 2014 premiership too!

I’m sure he will give it everything he has in him as he always does in 2024 before he leaves

This isn't a Rabbitohs forum noone cares that a career plodder is leaving the NRL
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:52 pm

Aardvark wrote:

Yeah probably a bit strong, I thought about adding a disclaimer abd oprobably should have, but for the record

While I am an atheist I have absolutely no issue with organised religion of any denomination, It has helped build the basic tenets which allow society to operate in a meaningful & cooperative way.

My beef is not with Max King or anyone else who has beliefs which help them get through their day to day.

The only thing that makes my piss boil is the quite obvious business models most modern evangelical churches operate under. They are business aimed at building the power and wealth of those at the top yet they fail to pay any tax, exploit the good will & labour of the young people involved and have a disproportionate influence on lawmakers which impact everyone regardless of their belief system.

Don’t think anyone can argue with that. the 1% who are in it for themselves and take advantage are there in every demographic, group or race sadly. Seems pretty naive to think otherwise and probably reinforces my point that certain groups are no nos and others are fair game. And even harsher then to tar everyone with the same brush and then attack the beliefs of the 99% trying to do good, or in most cases just live their lives

Again, not offended. Just find people strange creatures at times. Hope you’re going ok mate
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:58 pm

Don’t think anyone can argue with that. the 1% who are in it for themselves and take advantage are there in every demographic, group or race sadly. Seems pretty naive to think otherwise and probably reinforces my point that certain groups are no nos and others are fair game. And even harsher then to tar everyone with the same brush and then attack the beliefs of the 99% trying to do good, or in most cases just live their lives

Again, not offended. Just find people strange creatures at times. Hope you’re going ok mate

I'm good mate and appreciate the timely reminder to have a think before posting
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:23 pm

Apparently Campbell Graham may need sternum surgery and out for half season
    SandroTilocca
    SandroTilocca

Post by SandroTilocca Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:34 pm

Munro Wing, Tass/Milne Centre now?
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:35 pm

Welcome back PYTM,
    hope your Christmas break was good.
    I'm personally looking forward to seeing how far the Knights can go this year.
    May see you at one of the home games.
    Coffee
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:45 pm

SandroTilocca wrote:Munro Wing, Tass/Milne Centre now?

Yeah Tass/Munro I'd say, Tass had the left spot locked down before Wighton came. Assume he moves to the right though with Wighton nabbing the left slot.

Rabbitohs season really on the rocks now.

Post by Guest Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:46 pm

Host has low ownership
    SandroTilocca
    SandroTilocca

Post by SandroTilocca Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:51 pm

Khany wrote:Host has low ownership

for good reason
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:51 pm

guess this means souffs is a bottom 3 side now instead of a bottom 5 side

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/souths-star-campbell-graham-set-for-long-stint-on-sidelines-20240208-p5f3ey.html

Campbell graham out until at least r15

edit; see Camo beat me to the punch... sorry!
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:59 pm

Munro looks like he has that wing nailed down with that Stretch news with maybe Kenner or Milne holding down a spot until Wighton is availabe.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:03 pm

Camo123 wrote:Apparently Campbell Graham may need sternum surgery and out for half season

2 weeks ago NRL physio said he had some procedure normally reserved for senior citizens with osteo. Seemed optimistic that he would bounce back since would've been playing thru massive pain.

So this is either "may" don't a lot of heavy lifting, storm in a teacup
    OR
    Procedure didnt work and Campbell Grahams chest is F-d

Hope it's the former. Not even going to make a Lomax comparison joke about how strong and robust Zac's chest is.

EDIT: should've read other posts, it's the latter. Sad times for him.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:04 pm

SandroTilocca wrote:

for good reason

lawrie?
    Ponga Yeo the Mann
    Ponga Yeo the Mann

Post by Ponga Yeo the Mann Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:23 pm

The Bludger#2 wrote:

Welcome back PYTM,
    hope your Christmas break was good.
    I'm personally looking forward to seeing how far the Knights can go this year.
    May see you at one of the home games.
    Coffee

Cheers mate. Don’t know how much I’ll be on here with full time at the clinic, SG ball training and games on top of that, and a second bub on the way but I’ll drop in at times for sure. Get to work with the first grade squad more this year which will be fun

Hope you’re well mate!

All you other degenerates keep up the good work
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:26 pm

So All Stars teams have dropped;
    Indigenous All Stars
    Josh Addo-Carr
    Jacob Alick
    Bailey Biondi-Odo
    Bailey Butler
    Josh Curran
    Adam Elliott
    Jordan Grant
    J’maine Hopgood
    Nicho Hynes
    Josh Kerr
    Alofiana Khan-Pereira
    Latrell Mitchell
    Shaquai Mitchell
    Kierran Moseley
    Hohepa Puru
    Kotoni Staggs
    Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow
    Isaiah Tass
    Braydon Trindall
    Cody Walker

Māori All Stars
    Jesse Arthars
    Kenny Bromwich
    Dane Gagai
    Jacob Gagai
    Jack Howarth
    Jahrome Hughes
    Royce Hunt
    Te Maire Martin
    Trey Mooney
    Briton Nikora
    Kodi Nikorima
    Adam Pompey
    Joseph Tapine
    Jazz Tevaga
    Leo Thompson
    Matthew Timoko
    Brandon Smith
    Dylan Walker
    Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
    Xavier Willison

Hypothetically, given there was a suggested intention to name Seb Kris earlier, could he have been named to play given that the NRL has said to the Raiders that the All Stars game wouldn't count against his suspension? (thereby making it a game that he can play?)

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:25 am