NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes

Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes - Page 41 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes

Post by Camo123 Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:31 pm

robelgordo wrote:

2 weeks ago NRL physio said he had some procedure normally reserved for senior citizens with osteo. Seemed optimistic that he would bounce back since would've been playing thru massive pain.

So this is either "may" don't a lot of heavy lifting, storm in a teacup
    OR
    Procedure didnt work and Campbell Grahams chest is F-d

Hope it's the former. Not even going to make a Lomax comparison joke about how strong and robust Zac's chest is.

EDIT: should've read other posts, it's the latter. Sad times for him.

Rabbitohs have confirmed undergoing surgery and out for up to 6 months
    mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes - Page 41 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes

Post by mattnz Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:38 pm

Camo123 wrote:Apparently Campbell Graham may need sternum surgery and out for half season

Would mean Tass CTR, Munro likely must have.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:45 pm

Skinny winger at 350k in a bottom four team? Might squeeze him in if theres no better option. 

That 35k profit over the first 8 weeks may be invaluable
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:59 pm

my tv broke wrote:Skinny winger at 350k in a bottom four team? Might squeeze him in if theres no better option. 

So true

Priced at 25 - to be a "must-have" he'd need to add at least 10 points of value, which would give him a higher average than Alex Johnson putting him in the top half of all fantasy wingers...

I suspect he won't be amongst my first picked somehow
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:19 pm

I think everyone’s presumed Munro had that right wing spot anyway with Tass training a bit of backrow. Could be an option but as many have pointed out, he likely won’t have as many attacking opportunities this year.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:25 pm

Souths just need Latrell to stay on the park. Went from top 4 team with him playing, to bottom 4 team with Taaffe playing.

Munro averaged 37 last season in his 2 games on the wing. Had a high error rate, which he should be able to be cut down significantly. Averages 39 in Cup. Plenty of value, priced at 25.

Lemmy KGB
    Lemmy KGB

Post by Lemmy KGB Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:54 pm

Enough of the Souths bashing please, making me wild.

Must have misunderstood that Kris was going to be selected for the All-Stars game?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:55 pm

mattnz wrote:
    Munro averaged 37 last season in his 2 games on the wing.

The commitment to the long troll is commendable  Laughing
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:00 pm

easytiger wrote:
    Hypothetically, given there was a suggested intention to name Seb Kris earlier, could he have been named to play given that the NRL has said to the Raiders that the All Stars game wouldn't count against his suspension? (thereby making it a game that he can play?)

Looking at that indigenous squad - they do have some very good outside backs already, but if Kris can play up the guts he’s worth selecting

They legit only have 3 first grade standard forwards. I had to google two of them. Plus didn’t know Keirran Moseley still played footy.

Nicho Hynes and Latrell Mitchell are of course both famously known for playing well without any go forward or momentum so I’m sure this will go well.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:07 pm

robelgordo wrote:

Looking at that indigenous squad - they do have some very good outside backs already, but if Kris can play up the guts he’s worth selecting

They legit only have 3 first grade standard forwards. I had to google two of them. Plus didn’t know Keirran Moseley still played footy.

Nicho Hynes and Latrell Mitchell are of course both famously known for playing well without any go forward or momentum so I’m sure this will go well.

Latrell will take a lot of the pressure off his forwards with a number of strong carries from the back, a trademark of his play style
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:25 pm

my tv broke wrote:

The commitment to the long troll is commendable  Laughing

cheer:
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:39 pm

mattnz wrote:Souths just need Latrell to stay on the park. Went from top 4 team with him playing, to  bottom 4 team with Taaffe playing.

Munro averaged 37 1 try per game last season in his 2 games on the wing which is clearly sustainable. Had a high error rate, which he should be able to be cut down significantly. Averages 39 in Cup. Plenty of value, priced at 25.

FTFY
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:52 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

FTFY

Averaged a try a game in cup as well. It's actually quite common these days for wingers to average about a try a game.

10 players averaged 0.9 or more playing 10 or more games
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:53 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

Seriously dude, if you want to do well in fantasy, I would sell that plodder for Haas. Otherwise, just enjoy the ride.

I have a gut feeling that this bub will be the new Haas.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:00 pm

Alfie wrote:

Averaged a try a game in cup as well. It's actually quite common these days for wingers to average about a try a game.

10 players averaged 0.9 or more playing 10 or more games

Short term you can see some players go on runs of tries but longer term it always normalises. Going through a list of the top 20 or so try scorers of all time and none of them get close to a try a game. Even the prolific try scorers with less games on the board fall away (Radradra, Sivo, Everingham)

Banking on someone to be the greatest try scorer of all time to be good fantasy value while playing opposite probably the greatest try scorer of all time isn't realistic
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:13 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Short term you can see some players go on runs of tries but longer term it always normalises. Going through a list of the top 20 or so try scorers of all time and none of them get close to a try a game. Even the prolific try scorers with less games on the board fall away (Radradra, Sivo, Everingham)

Banking on someone to be the greatest try scorer of all time to be good fantasy value while playing opposite probably the greatest try scorer of all time isn't realistic

You're likely right, they'll probably favour that left edge even more once Wighton comes back and with no Graham. I don't think Munro needs to be that great a try scorer to bag 20 in a season though, even Ravalawa pulled it off.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:13 pm

Eh, I reckon it's like Beth does every year.

Wait for Coates to get cheap, buy him for a run of scores, sell him once he starts with a 4 again.

I suspect AKP and Saab fit the same model, but less attractively because of playing for worse teams who put on fewer cricket scores.

So, Souffs could put on a few points against Manly, probably won't against Broncs/Roosters, then may against Doggies/Wahs.

If that tempts you into thinking Munro will Coates-it, or provides enough cheap WFB coverage to be tempted, then go nuts. I may!

But... probably won't.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:30 pm

Alfie wrote:

Yeah Tass/Munro I'd say, Tass had the left spot locked down before Wighton came. Assume he moves to the right though with Wighton nabbing the left slot.

Rabbitohs season really on the rocks now.

I’m shattered it hasn’t been a good day.

Yes Tass will play right. First 2 rounds Kennar will play left centre I reckon he’s been training there.

Even if Munro is a bit shaky early on I think we need to persist with him and be patient he’s the future.

To MS on Tom whether it’s a joke or not it’s not fair to call him a plodder he’s played plenty at international level and is a premiership winner and still a key part of our go forward. As much as I hate JWH I wouldn’t say he’s been a plodder in his career.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:35 pm

my tv broke wrote:Skinny winger at 350k in a bottom four team? Might squeeze him in if theres no better option. 

I am confident we will make the 8, but will be hard to make the 4. I have Souths finishing 6th.

Munro avg 39 in Cup last year base isn’t too bad and is lightning quick rather him to Arthars
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:41 pm

L-Jimmy wrote:Eh, I reckon it's like Beth does every year.

Wait for Coates to get cheap, buy him for a run of scores, sell him once he starts with a 4 again.

I suspect AKP and Saab fit the same model, but less attractively because of playing for worse teams who put on fewer cricket scores.

So, Souffs could put on a few points against Manly, probably won't against Broncs/Roosters, then may against Doggies/Wahs.

If that tempts you into thinking Munro will Coates-it, or provides enough cheap WFB coverage to be tempted, then go nuts. I may!

But... probably won't.

Tbh I might take that punt on a hot start to the year for Munro. But yeah, its just a gamble on a run of good scores. Be nicer if he was 300k

My usual set up (like many others) involves a cheap gamble in the 3rd WFB position.

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:12 am