NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes

The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes - Page 46 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:15 pm

Khany wrote:Hynes is 6ft 2

Jack Wighton is 6 foot 3 and has been shunted to CTR
    Jake Arthur is 6 for 2 and is destined for the EDG
    Karl Oloapu is 6 foot 1 and is destined for LOCK according to his coaches..

The tallest HLFs start kicking in at 6 foot

Most are much shorter. Something about a lower centre of gravity being useful for running, passing and being generally evasive and better co-ordinated. Same situation as PROPS needing to weigh more. It is a fact of life - we are not blessed with the same genes.

Conversion rate of about 50% for the Schoolboys captains - you can hit me up in about 5 years if I am wrong for a free go at my avatar Smile [provided you keep with the dolphin theme]
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes - Page 46 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes

Post by my tv broke Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:51 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

Jack Wighton is 6 foot 3 and has been shunted to CTR
    Jake Arthur is 6 for 2 and is destined for the EDG
    Karl Oloapu is 6 foot 1 and is destined for LOCK according to his coaches..

The tallest HLFs start kicking in at 6 foot

Most are much shorter. Something about a lower centre of gravity being useful for running, passing and being generally evasive and better co-ordinated. Same situation as PROPS needing to weigh more. It is a fact of life - we are not blessed with the same genes.

Conversion rate of about 50% for the Schoolboys captains - you can hit me up in about 5 years if I am wrong for a free go at my avatar Smile [provided you keep with the dolphin theme]

Its simple logic!!!
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:01 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Its simple logic!!!

The next Adam Reynolds and the previous Adam Reynolds in the same photo. There must be an outlier when the low centre of gravity ceases to be an advantage 6 foot 9 and 125 kg. 5cm taller than Nelson That man is going to be unstoppable What a Face

apparently he will play in most of the upcoming trials

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes - Page 46 Fb25b9b9bc00dd5a7c06deee9e315750
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:11 pm

And hes got a little paunch to lose like me
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:26 pm

my tv broke wrote:And hes got a little paunch to lose like me

230k small-minute PROP - he will surely be popular

embrace it MTB - all the cool kids are donning a paunch these days

Last edited by The Dolphin Conspiracies on Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:27 pm

Camo123 wrote:

MS quoting small sample sizes

How the table turns

(But seriously I am aboard Wighton when he returns. Wonder if Graham’s injury also prompts more likelihood of DPP R1 despite suspension as he’s definitely guaranteed to play CTR now)

Thought the bait was obvious enough

I think Wighton will be a keeper level centre once the Rabbitohs move him to the spine to get the season back on track
    Lemmy KGB
    Lemmy KGB

Post by Lemmy KGB Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:02 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Bigger than Rabbit's pool Very Happy

*dated pool
    Lemmy KGB
    Lemmy KGB

Post by Lemmy KGB Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:04 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Thought the bait was obvious enough

I think Wighton will be a keeper level centre once the Rabbitohs move him to the spine to get the season back on track

I thought he would be in the halves anyway, maybe they are continuing the ruse.

Ah, Paul Carter - how I have missed thee.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:07 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

230k small-minute PROP - he will surely be popular

embrace it MTB - all the cool kids are donning a paunch these days

I think there would need to be about 4 or 5 injuries to middle forwards before Te Kura debuts
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:12 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

That's a pretty damn good success rate from a bunch of 16 year olds

Even Paul Carter played 40 NRL games

So if this Galvin kid is the next Paul Carter he’s still probably going to be more successful than like 80-90% of the juniors Parra kept over him
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:15 pm

A 5kg less Taumalolo just trained my house down
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:19 pm

robelgordo wrote:

Even Paul Carter played 40 NRL games

So if this Galvin kid is the next Paul Carter he’s still probably going to be more successful than like 80-90% of the juniors Parra kept over him

This Paul Carter? On top of his fame for missing vast amounts of tackles each week I reckon Galvin can aim a little higher  Laughing

In 2014 season (while contracted with the Gold Coast) Carter was twice charged with drink driving. His first charge was in June, the Court gave him a $14,000 fine and suspended him from driving for 12 months. In December (six months later) he was charged with high-range drink driving while driving unlicensed. Following the incident Coach Neil Henry commented that "Paul has had an opportunity... we've put measures in place to help him out with a few of the issues he has and he was making some progress but to go and transgress again, especially when the courts have said he's unlicensed, that's unacceptable".[24]

In July 2016 (while contracted with South Sydney) Carter was sacked because he failed to attend a training session following a weekend bender.[25] This was not Carter's first breach of conduct with the club. A month earlier (June 2016) Carter and teammate Kirisome Auva'a were both stood down for turning up to training under the influence of alcohol.[26]

Following Carter's sacking by South Sydney, he checked into an alcohol rehabilitation centre in Thailand.[27]

On 11 October 2017, Carter again made headlines when it was alleged that he went to the house of former teammate Blake Ferguson. According to authorities, Carter and Ferguson were drinking until 3AM when Ferguson asked Carter to leave the house as he had young children asleep inside. It is then alleged that after Carter left Ferguson's property he made a phone call to the authorities saying that Ferguson had given his two young children drugs. The Police then knocked on Ferguson's door around 5:15AM to respond for a call to welfare of the two young children. After emergency services checked the children they found no wrongdoing from Ferguson nor any drugs in the house.[28][29]

On 29 November 2017, Carter failed to appear in court for sentencing relating to supply of cocaine. Carter was due to be sentenced for supplying a small quantity of cocaine to ex-teammate Shaun Kenny-Dowall at The Ivy nightclub in May 2017. It was revealed that Carter was overseas in a rehabilitation center. The magistrate said in relation to Carter failing to appear at court as being "Unacceptable, absolutely unacceptable". The magistrate ordered that sentencing be moved to 10 January 2018.[30]

On 13 December 2017, it was reported that Carter was involved in a fake jersey scam where he allegedly sold fake merchandise to a fan over eBay. Carter then admitted to the buyer that the jerseys were fake and he needed the money because he was struggling financially. The fan claimed that he sent Carter $2000 as he felt the troubled player needed help and that Carter would pay him back once he joined The Sydney Roosters. Carter was later sacked by The Roosters and the money was never paid back to the buyer.[31]

On 10 January 2018, Carter was handed a two-year good behaviour bond by the court and escaped a jail sentence.[32]

On 15 January 2019, it was revealed that Carter was accused of being at the center of a video leaking scandal regarding former teammate Dylan Napa. Carter had vehemently denied he was leaking the Dylan Napa sex tapes as part of a campaign to extort money from his former teammate. A senior staff member at the Sydney Roosters claimed that Carter was a past member of a WhatsApp player group and had access to "all the videos". It was claimed that Carter fell out with Napa 18 months ago and he wanted money in exchange for keeping the videos private.

Carter responded to the claims saying "I heard the allegations from people close to me, who messaged me in disbelief asking, 'What’s going on here?’ I was in shock. "When I was at the Roosters, I had a great relationship with Dylan and still do to this day. He sent me a message confirming the exact same thing: that we have a good relationship and there’s no bad blood. I left the Roosters but there’s no bad blood with the club or any of the players, I haven’t read the message and probably won’t. I’ve got bigger and better things to worry about than people playing games and making up stories. It’s sad that they don’t have anything better to do with their lives".[33]

In December 2023, it was reported that Carter had avoided jail time after being found guilty of spitting in his ex-girlfriend's face on three occasions and also physically assaulting her.[34]
    Lemmy KGB
    Lemmy KGB

Post by Lemmy KGB Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:24 pm

What a guy
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:31 pm

Paul Carter is probably close to the biggest degenerate in NRL history, at least modern history. There's been a few but he legit just seems like an absolute waste of space of a human being.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:37 pm

I care little about the height of the halves I pick in my fantasy team.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:38 pm

I'm also glad I spent half the day cleaning out my shed.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:43 pm

AI engines are fun apparently.
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:51 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Bigger than Rabbit's pool Very Happy

But is it bigger than his shed?

On a fantasy note before the coffee chat killers descend en masse, I feel a touch underdone coming in to the season. Read someone’s projected forward pack minutes breakdown earlier and it appears there has been some player movement I haven’t caught up on.

I’ll train the house down late, or copy the template team - either way has to be better than last year.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:53 pm

AL wrote:

But is it bigger than his shed?

On a fantasy note before the coffee chat killers descend en masse, I feel a touch underdone coming in to the season. Read someone’s projected forward pack minutes breakdown earlier and it appears there has been some player movement I haven’t caught up on.

I’ll train the house down late, or copy the template team - either way has to be better than last year.

We can have a little study session post TLT mate.
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:01 pm

my tv broke wrote:

We can have a little study session post TLT mate.

When I said ‘template’ team, I meant yours Laughing

So count me in.

Current date/time is Tue Sep 17, 2024 6:09 am