NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes

mickspicks
    mickspicks

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes - Page 24 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes

Post by mickspicks Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:33 pm

Joe Ofa could be an interesting piece in the Eels pack. Could impact minutes for Hopgood, or split minutes with starting forward pack. Hands/Lussick, Grieg, Matto, Ofa bench is very interesting...
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes - Page 24 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes

Post by Mulvy Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:40 pm

Another MID being talked about is Adam Elliott. Someone sell him to me, I'm not convinced. Averaged 42 last year, priced at 42. Filter out the interchange games averages 43. Games over 40 minutes we get 45 points in 58 minutes. Any further filtering and we start getting into cherry picking territory. What will change this year? Was he carrying an injury? I guess there was that one stretch one year, at a different club where he did better...

I think there is some value there, but not necessarily enough to warrant selection.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:48 pm

Mulvy wrote:Another MID being talked about is Adam Elliott. Someone sell him to me, I'm not convinced. Averaged 42 last year, priced at 42. Filter out the interchange games averages 43. Games over 40 minutes we get 45 points in 58 minutes. Any further filtering and we start getting into cherry picking territory. What will change this year? Was he carrying an injury? I guess there was that one stretch one year, at a different club where he did better...

I think there is some value there, but not necessarily enough to warrant selection.

The biggest difference is Mann has moved on, but Crossland may steal just as many minutes
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:50 pm

mickspicks wrote:Joe Ofa could be an interesting piece in the Eels pack. Could impact minutes for Hopgood, or split minutes with starting forward pack. Hands/Lussick, Grieg, Matto, Ofa bench is very interesting...

Arthur saying that Hopgood has developed his game last season and can now play 80 minutes without losing focus.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:51 pm

Milchcow wrote:

It is one for trials. But if, hypothetically, you were setting the goalkicker status for nearlysport.com and had to make a decision before any trials had been played for the site to open - which way would you lean

I think it's Walker's even if he isn't the best kicker. I think part of luring him to be a Rooster for life was giving him a chance at the all time points record and potential the all time games record if he plays long enough. Doesn't hurt that Suaali'i won't be there next year
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:52 pm

mickspicks wrote:Joe Ofa could be an interesting piece in the Eels pack. Could impact minutes for Hopgood, or split minutes with starting forward pack. Hands/Lussick, Grieg, Matto, Ofa bench is very interesting...

will he make the 17 he seems to have fallen down the pecking order plus he nearing the end of his career. he could make the bench if ba does just have an 80 min hooker as he's promised (don't trust him) but do you want to pay 409k for a bench middle who only gets 20-30 mins.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:53 pm

Mulvy wrote:Another MID being talked about is Adam Elliott. Someone sell him to me, I'm not convinced. Averaged 42 last year, priced at 42. Filter out the interchange games averages 43. Games over 40 minutes we get 45 points in 58 minutes. Any further filtering and we start getting into cherry picking territory. What will change this year? Was he carrying an injury? I guess there was that one stretch one year, at a different club where he did better...

Hasn't left my team since the opening. Most of his minutes were lost to Mann who is no longer hanging around. If Crossland spends his minutes at hooker instead of lock to start the year Elliott could start very fast

EDIT: he also didn't have a preseason last year then spent most of the season carrying injuries. From round 20 onwards he averaged 47.5 which is around where I think he lands with upside we see a run like Raiders
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:03 pm

Also Arthur on Hopgood.....

“I know he’s been 18th man for Queensland. I know if he keeps working on his consistency of being an 80-minute player, he won’t be far off. We’ve got a few guys who should be in the mix again for NSW with Junior Paulo, Reg, ‘Gutho’ [Clint Gutherson] and Mitch [Moses].”
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:13 pm

mattnz wrote:

The biggest difference is Mann has moved on, but Crossland may steal just as many minutes

This is my narrative, and why I'm hotter on Brailey than most.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:14 pm

Arthur on Hopgood

"By the end of the year he was able to play out a full 80 minutes and stay on top of his detail and (keep his) concentration levels. That is not easy for a middle forward to do that."

Pretty consistent messaging
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:14 pm

mattnz wrote:

Surely Crossland splits his time between 9 and 13. Gives both a break for a period of time in one stint. Depending how the game develops could even see him stay on
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:19 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Hasn't left my team since the opening. Most of his minutes were lost to Mann who is no longer hanging around. If Crossland spends his minutes at hooker instead of lock to start the year Elliott could start very fast

I think Crossland becomes Kurt Mann, plays middle, covers backline, occasionally spells hooker especially opening rounds, but ultimately takes minutes off Elliot

EDIT: he also didn't have a preseason last year then spent most of the season carrying injuries. From round 20 onwards he averaged 47.5 which is around where I think he lands with upside we see a run like Raiders

Good point about his lack of preseason, could get off to a flyer as you say especially if they ease Brailey in the opening rounds
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:19 pm

mickspicks wrote:

Surely Crossland splits his time between 9 and 13. Gives both a break for a period of time in one stint. Depending how the game develops could even see him stay on

Brailey is captain and an 80 minute hooker.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:20 pm

Elliott was injured at the start of 2023 (groin)

I was interested him last pre-season based on his finish to 2022, and he also finished 2023 well
    On that basis just pick him up halfway through 2024 so you have him for his strong finish
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:21 pm

The notion that BA will go with an 80 minute hooker and an 80 minute Hopgood is absolute codswallop in my view. They might need Hopgood to play 80 every now and then with injuries but to have him actually play 80 week in week out wouldn’t make much sense if he plans on riding with a 4 forward bench.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:24 pm

Alfie wrote:The notion that BA will go with an 80 minute hooker and an 80 minute Hopgood is absolute codswallop in my view. They might need Hopgood to play 80 every now and then with injuries but to have him actually play 80 week in week out wouldn’t make much sense if he plans on riding with a 4 forward bench.

Agreed. I could see a world where it's one or the other though... 80 minute hooker or 80 min lock. Which do you think is more likely? I'd say Hands on the bench sharing minutes with Lussick and big minutes for Hopgood is the more likely.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:28 pm

Alfie wrote:The notion that BA will go with an 80 minute hooker and an 80 minute Hopgood is absolute codswallop in my view. They might need Hopgood to play 80 every now and then with injuries but to have him actually play 80 week in week out wouldn’t make much sense if he plans on riding with a 4 forward bench.

Arthur seems to care more about having the best player on the park, not afraid to play with 16 men and leave someone on the bench all game.

The only reason that he would want Hopgood off the park is if he thinks he is dropping off tackles. Arthur says that this is no longer an issue, while it was at the start of last season.
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:51 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Agreed. I could see a world where it's one or the other though... 80 minute hooker or 80 min lock. Which do you think is more likely? I'd say Hands on the bench sharing minutes with Lussick and big minutes for Hopgood is the more likely.

Fingers crossed its Lussick. I’m gonna struggle to pick my hookers otherwise. Starting to go cold on Brailey. I think it’s more likely that Hopgood doesn’t play 80; funny to me that BA can recognise that he gets tired/loses concentration playing big minutes and yet wants him to push rather than manage his minutes better.

Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:56 pm

mattnz wrote:

Arthur seems to care more about having the best player on the park, not afraid to play with 16 men and leave someone on the bench all game.

The only reason that he would want Hopgood off the park is if he thinks he is dropping off tackles. Arthur says that this is no longer an issue, while it was at the start of last season.

He’d likely be leaving 2 men on the bench though, we went over this with Dolphin Conspiracies I think. Assuming your backrowers play 80, which BA usually sticks with and Matto playing 45-50, that leaves like 20-30 minutes for the remaining 3 bench occupants.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:05 pm

Hopgood playing 80 sounds a lot like what fantasy coaches want to happen rather than what will happen

Current date/time is Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:43 am