NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes

mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes - Page 21 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes

Post by mattnz Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:20 pm

Lemmy KGB wrote:

Walsh on the bench doesn't work for QLD. One or the other is how it must be

Could play Walsh on the wing. Both deserve a spot in the 17.
    the_great_wobbler
    the_great_wobbler

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes - Page 21 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes

Post by the_great_wobbler Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:27 pm

mattnz wrote:

I want to find at least 1 subgun POD, or outright gun with potential value. Currently have Sualii as a placeholder (50 average at wing last season).

Kiraz, Mariner, Garrick, HTF, Cobbo, Tago, Simonsson all potential options pending TLT.

Then will look for a base priced player for another spot, but that could be really tricky, especially if Kris doesn't start R1 - Cotric or Strange if named at CTR, could easily miss out when he returns. Iro may not get the spot at Sharks. Don't want a Talau, Naden, HSS scoring player. If Schuster plays R1 as expected, Burbo won't have a spot, but even if he doesn't Schuster probably returns soon after. Could be really slim pickings. Maybe I go 2 guns if necessary.

Sounds like a good balance.

No interest in Penisini? I'd love run with Tago but almost 700k is pretty steep early season. Hoping to pick him up around 600k after the panthers bye.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:33 pm

the_great_wobbler wrote:

Sounds like a good balance.

No interest in Penisini? I'd love run with Tago but almost 700k is pretty steep early season. Hoping to pick him up around 600k after the panthers bye.

Plan to have 2 Eels already.
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:43 pm

Camo123 wrote:

If you search Footystats on Hynes with Trindall it includes games where Trindall was on bench or 18th man and not half partner (more accurate search is Hynes with/without Moylan)

Ahhh yes, touche
    Lemmy KGB
    Lemmy KGB

Post by Lemmy KGB Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:49 pm

No way they run a Walsh/Ponga, Hunt bench and Hunt isn't getting dropped.
    Lemmy KGB
    Lemmy KGB

Post by Lemmy KGB Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:50 pm

mattnz wrote:

Could play Walsh on the wing. Both deserve a spot in the 17.

Ew
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Sat Feb 03, 2024 5:51 pm

Ponga likely leaves the convo after another head knock unfortunately. A bench with Grant and Ponga probably doesn’t make too much sense anyway; little to no chance of Walsh loosing his spot at the back if fit.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:05 pm

the_great_wobbler wrote:

I'd love run with Tago but almost 700k is pretty steep early season. Hoping to pick him up around 600k after the panthers bye.

Crichton missed a few games last season and Tago moved to right CTR next to Cleary, for scores of 55, 62, 97 for a 71 average. Could be this season's Gagai.
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:09 pm

mattnz wrote:

Crichton missed a few games last season and Tago moved to right CTR next to Cleary, for scores of 55, 62, 97 for a 71 average. Could be this season's Gagai.

That is such a small sample size though. Go with your gut I guess.

Also, Tago had 2 doubles in those 3 scores, more tries than Gagai scored all year.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:16 pm

mattnz wrote:

2 of those were with Cogger

Back to Gagai it is Laughing

Why use 2 years of games when 3 games can do the trick

Last edited by Camo123 on Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:18 pm

Camo123 wrote:

2 of those were with Cogger

Back to Gagai it is Laughing

Wow, was getting those scores with Cogger, imagine what he can do with Cleary.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:20 pm

mattnz wrote:

Wow, was getting those scores with Cogger, imagine what he can do with Cleary.

Probably a 42 average based off all the other games he’s played with Cleary

Good luck with his no modern medicine as well.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:22 pm

Nothing will top Garrick at CTR with Turbo - the sample size of 1
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:29 pm

Lemmy KGB wrote:Cobbo and Mariner CTR pairing, what could go wrong?

Honestly I see the Broncos squad as completely scuffed. There's a lot of talent but there's truly a lot that can go wrong.

Walsh is rocks and diamonds. Immensely talented but imo Kev isn't the coach to put a cap on him.

Backline without Herbie. Cobbo as a centre (bloke is hot and cold DURING games let alone week to week). Arthars solid but again, nothing to write home about. Bronies really going back to Oates (no speed, no catch?).

Halves. ARey is literally a weekly monitoring. Mam looks good but needs ARey healthy to flourish fully.

Forward pack of Carrigan and Haas is always going to be solid. Riki maybe had his best season last year- can he back it up? Losing Flegler and Capey is huge. Piakura has the wraps but needs to prove himself.

Billy Walters - has he ever had as good a run as he did last season? Can he back it up? Again, back ups haven't proven themselves (besides Smoothey I guess?).

I'm expecting Bronies 6th to 9th overall. Great season last year but feels there's a lot lacking this year.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:31 pm

robelgordo wrote:Nothing will top Garrick at CTR with Turbo - the sample size of 1

Back in the day Kurt Gidley was a fringe gun at fullback. The best would average somewhere around 40-45 and he landed around 40. One game Mullen went down and Gidley stayed at fullback picking up run metres and attacking stats but did ALL the in play kicking. For those glorious 30 minutes he was the best player in fantasy
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:31 pm

mattnz wrote:

Averages 40 in NRL and Cup.

Would you pick him ahead of RFM, Curran, Crichton / Wong, and Schuster? I am also planning to get Fifita early if possible. Piakura is the least attractive of these options.

He is the guy that just scored a 28 in round 8, that you look at and go, he is now $480k and I need to trade out someone to get in the gun that is a must have, I don't really want to play him in my playing 17 and he is taking too much cash to hold him in reserves. We find ourselves in these situations every season, and they are the first booted out the door, so you never get the full value out of their theoretical upside potential.

Lets look at it another way. If you could have Mariner at $450k to cover the awkward CTR spot, with just as much upside potential as Piakura, instead of a Talau or similar, likely  a 15 point upgrade, or you could have Piakura, which would you choose?

Just get them all? Anti podding a 40% owned player does you more bad than good

Also Mariner will play wing at best so no thanks
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:32 pm

mickspicks wrote:

Honestly I see the Broncos squad as completely scuffed. There's a lot of talent but there's truly a lot that can go wrong.

Walsh is rocks and diamonds. Immensely talented but imo Kev isn't the coach to put a cap on him.

Backline without Herbie. Cobbo as a centre (bloke is hot and cold DURING games let alone week to week). Arthars solid but again, nothing to write home about. Bronies really going back to Oates (no speed, no catch?).

Halves. ARey is literally a weekly monitoring. Mam looks good but needs ARey healthy to flourish fully.

Forward pack of Carrigan and Haas is always going to be solid. Riki maybe had his best season last year- can he back it up? Losing Flegler and Capey is huge. Piakura has the wraps but needs to prove himself.

Billy Walters - has he ever had as good a run as he did last season? Can he back it up? Again, back ups haven't proven themselves (besides Smoothey I guess?).

I'm expecting Bronies 6th to 9th overall. Great season last year but feels there's a lot lacking this year.

If Walters went down I reckon the Broncos give the reigns to Mozer. Future top 5 hooker in the NRL
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:33 pm

mickspicks wrote:

Agree with most of this tbh. Reckon we start slow but storm home
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:39 pm

Lemmy KGB wrote:No way they run a Walsh/Ponga, Hunt bench and Hunt isn't getting dropped.

Last season 18th man for QLD was Dearden x 2 and Brimson. Walsh would fit perfectly in that role.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:43 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

If Walters went down I reckon the Broncos give the reigns to Mozer. Future top 5 hooker in the NRL

Mozer has a lot of wraps but needs time to develop. Needs time in Cup (re: Grant) to improve his craft.

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:22 am