NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes - Page 8 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes

Post by my tv broke Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:38 am

If you filter out games where Tommy Talau scored below 30, then he averages above 30. Something to think about.

NGL he might end up in my team (he's not at the Tigers anymore?), but it wont be higher than position #21
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes - Page 8 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes

Post by Mulvy Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:42 am

How would one find super league fantasy stats on Aidan Sezer?

Edit: Certainly his NRL career average at half back in 80 minute games of 30.7 (and a BE of 35) doesn't bode well.

Last edited by Mulvy on Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:48 am

my tv broke wrote:If you filter out games where Tommy Talau scored below 30, then he averages above 30. Something to think about.

NGL he might end up in my team (he's not at the Tigers anymore?), but it wont be higher than position #21

He will no doubt end up in mine because of the 'fresh start', 'DPP', 'Manly better than Tigers', 'good price' , 'what there to lose?' factors

He'll then average a healthy 25-30 while sitting in position 21 and the first time I need to play him he will put up a single digit score and gradually lose the $78k he made.....but you've got to have something to whinge about con't you?
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:51 am

Mulvy wrote:How would one find super league fantasy stats on Aidan Sezer?

The stats don't map across exactly but apparently he averaged 22* last year, with no goalkicking.

I can tell you that he's been absolutely mediocre in Super League - a competition where Jai Field, Bevan French and Brodie Croft are in the best five players.

Leeds replaced Sezer with Matt Frawley and that's considered quite an upgrade on ESL form.

*edit... ok you say 30, maybe 22 was an exaggeration when I heard it. Still not great.

Last edited by rhinoceroo on Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:51 am

L-Jimmy wrote:
    [/spoiler]

Dude, this is the same issue I sometimes have with beth and matt.

By all means make your own bad calls, but stop trying to drag others down with you on the basis of nested assumptions.

Impressionable folks (like me) read these forums and need protecting from loudmouthed I-want-to-be-correct-so-I'll-argue-until-others-fuck-off-from-boredom-and-better-things-to-do types.

There are injury risks with loads of players - but to suggest Tohu Harris is a bad call or on par with a Hughes or Henry brainfart is a bit rich. Some of your reasoning was kind of dubious, mate. Nested assumptions? You would not want to be leading people astray now. Added to that Harris does not play Origin.

Last edited by The Dolphin Conspiracies on Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:52 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

The stats don't map across exactly but apparently he averaged 22 last year, with no goalkicking.

I can tell you that he's been absolutely mediocre in Super League - a competition where Jai Field, Bevan French and Brodie Croft are in the best five players.

Leeds replaced Sezer with Matt Frawley and that's considered quite an upgrade on ESL form.

Roger that.

Aidan Sezer

Post by Guest Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:53 am

I think most of the Panthers available forwards minutes will be taken by Sorenson.
    They’ll move him back to the middle (where he’s won a premiership) and play Garner 2rf for the 80.
    They’ve also shown a willingness to sacrifice size for line speed in defence with playing Soni Luke at 9 and pushing Kenny into the middle as of late last season which I think will continue.
    So, even though Sorenson will be taking the middle minutes the biggest beneficiary fantasy wise will be Garner.
    The rest of the low minute middle forwards will stay that way.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:53 am

Edit: Certainly his NRL career average at half back in 80 minute games of 30.7 (and a BE of 35) doesn't bode well.

If you go here you can see his individual stats

https://www.superleague.co.uk/stats/player-stats

Select 2023 and then click to filter by "TA" so he actually shows up in the list. (

Doesnt say there how many games he played.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:01 am

Alfie wrote:Lachlan Galvin apparently the front runner for the 5/8 role at the Tigers.

To clarify, he is training there because Fainu and Sullivan currently have minor injuries, so take it with a grain of salt
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:02 am

my tv broke wrote:

Select 2023 and then click to filter by "TA" so he actually shows up in the list. (

Rugby League Project is good for working out games played (and in what position)

https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/players/aidan-sezer/summary.html
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:09 am

my tv broke wrote:

He played 19 games (scroll down https://www.therhinos.co.uk/teams/profile/24/aidan-sezer)

I made his average 21 from those stats on the website. That's counting every offload as 4 points and not counting any KMs, which they don't seem to record. Reasonable to expect 10-15 a week in KMs, which would take him up to his price... but for Super League not NRL.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:09 am

Huh, didn't realise SOS was 590k. Yes, please.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:22 am

L-Jimmy wrote:Huh, didn't realise SOS was 590k. Yes, please.

Career average of 47.1 in games over 70 minutes at half back, 44.5 at the Dolphins. Makes him not a keeper and probably won't make a lot of money. Awkward round 2 bye. Would paying a fraction more for Fogarty be better? Career average of 51.4. Last year 46.6 but should gain a few points GK, maybe more given dominant half this year. Keeper type scores until at least the first bye.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:29 am

Genderbender wrote:I think most of the Panthers available forwards minutes will be taken by Sorenson.
    They’ll move him back to the middle (where he’s won a premiership) and play Garner 2rf for the 80.
    They’ve also shown a willingness to sacrifice size for line speed in defence with playing Soni Luke at 9 and pushing Kenny into the middle as of late last season which I think will continue.
    So, even though Sorenson will be taking the middle minutes the biggest beneficiary fantasy wise will be Garner.

How do you see the minutes being played out with Sorenson - does he play some MID and some EDG with Garner playing less than 80?
    If Garner starts on the EDG, you would imagine he would be on everyone's team
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:30 am

Mulvy wrote:

Career average of 47.1 in games over 70 minutes at half back, 44.5 at the Dolphins. Makes him not a keeper and probably won't make a lot of money. Awkward round 2 bye. Would paying a fraction more for Fogarty be better? Career average of 51.4. Last year 46.6 but should gain a few points GK, maybe more given dominant half this year. Keeper type scores until at least the first bye.

Fogarty is a good choice too, albeit 47k more. But SOS plays in a far far better backline this year, and behind a nearly-as-good pack. Even with GK (which Fog may not do much of) I can see SOS having a good run - particularly with the quality of service from JMK vs Woolford or Levi.

Yeah, R3 by is a nuisance, but perfect bye schedule afterwards.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:38 am

Aardvark wrote:

He will no doubt end up in mine because of the 'fresh start', 'DPP', 'Manly better than Tigers', 'good price' , 'what there to lose?' factors

He'll then average a healthy 25-30 while sitting in position 21 and the first time I need to play him he will put up a single digit score and gradually lose the $78k he made.....but you've got to have something to whinge about con't you?

I'm in this post and I don't like it
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:44 am

Milchcow wrote:

To clarify, he is training there because Fainu and Sullivan currently have minor injuries, so take it with a grain of salt

Thanks Milch, yeah forgot to add that. The article (which is authored by the Mole I should add Salt) intimated that Tigers insiders think it’s now “his position to lose” after training the house down in the pre-season
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:47 am

Genderbender wrote:I think most of the Panthers available forwards minutes will be taken by Sorenson.

Sorensen started in the backrow from about round 8 onwards, where’s this theory originated? Hosking and Garner were fit for the majority of the season.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:50 am

Forget training the house down... Cameron Munster has spent the off-season "reviving his mojo"

It is a sure thing. Get on everyone Laughing

It never happened to him before

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/it-had-never-happened-to-me-before-loss-of-confidence-behind-munster-s-form-slump-20240130-p5f16q.html

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes - Page 8 2Q==

Last edited by The Dolphin Conspiracies on Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:53 am

Alfie wrote:

Sorensen started in the backrow from about round 8 onwards, where’s this theory originated? Hosking and Garner were fit for the majority of the season.

There is a few on the panthers forum who don't trust their small minute rookie bench MIDs to maintain the rage like Leniu. They are suggesting that Martin, or Sorenson should be a bench MID instead

Current date/time is Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:44 am