NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes

Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes - Page 11 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes

Post by Milchcow Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:45 pm

robelgordo wrote:

Strikes me as odd that he’s leapt ahead of a reasonably high profile off season signing seeking a regular halves role and the most expensive hyped teenage RL player in the country

But is the Tigers, so they could’ve dropped close to a million in cap only to have the solution under their nose on minimum wage?

Galvin hasn't come from nowhere, he's always been considered a future talent.

I think the original plan was to sign Sezer just to tide things over until Galvin was ready for first grade. Subsequently then signing both Sullivan and Latu might have been overkill, but never a bad thing to have options in the halves. Plenty of "next big thing"s who never kick on
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes - Page 11 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes

Post by Milchcow Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:47 pm

Alfie wrote:I wonder what there plan is for 2025. Luai coming over, Doueihi back, then you’ve got Sezer, Sully, Fainu and Galvin. Surely Doueihi is wasted in the centres. Not sure they’ve thought this through; highly irregular for the Tigers

Luai with the best of the rookies, or Sezer if they are all duds I would guess.

Hopefully there is enough options now to not need Doueihi in the halves. We could use a decent centre so would be nice if he could kick on there
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:47 pm

Alfie wrote:I wonder what there plan is for 2025. Luai coming over, Doueihi back, then you’ve got Sezer, Sully, Fainu and Galvin. Surely, Doueihi is wasted in the centres. Not sure they’ve thought this through; highly irregular for the Tigers

Sezer was brought in for his experience given the very young halves that mostly are "potential". I believe the thought is that he would take a back seat next year...

Doueihi is off contract in 2025 - I don't think he has proven to be an indispensible five-eighth, and best position may actually be centre anyway.

Sully, Fainu and Galvin are all in a bit of a shootout to show they are long-term solution.
    When you don't have experienced NRL quality in the halves, it's not a bad strategy to try and get the best young talent you can.

I've heard some talk that Galvin could end up becoming a lock - he's 1.9m tall, and just 18 at present, but hugely rated within the Tigers (Panthers apparently very interested in him too).

Essentially with Brooks going and Luai coming, they have swapped a reticent half that they hoped would run the team and own the big moments with a half that wants to own the big moments.
    Wherever you rate Luai's ability, he is clearly valued and rated at the Panthers both in talent and what he brings to their successful culture.
    In retrospect they should've held Moses (who wanted the big moments) and let Brooks go all those years ago.

It will be interesting to see if Sezer and then Luai help guide in the younger talents, and whether the Tigers admin are actually developing some thought/strategy about their roster management etc...

TLDR: Haha essentially what Milch said
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:51 pm

mattnz wrote:

Sorenson also won a premiership on the edge and he won the spot on form. I don't see them dropping him to the bench for Garner.

The concern is not Sorenson's capacity to play EDG, it is more that he also does a fine job at MID and there is less confidence in the new MIDs to take on that responsibility when Leota and Fisher Harris get replaced, especially if Garner is coming on at the same time
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:55 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

If Lindsay Smith is still at the club he will be a walk up starter at lock. Yeo probably still has a good 4 years in him so Smith will probably look elsewhere

Rhinceroo has got my thinking about my lack of POD credentials

I have since replaced Cleary with Hynes, who actually averaged higher than Clearly last year and has been given a small discount

I have also replaced Haas with Yeo, who also essentially averaged the same, albeit with Yeo's scores being much more consistent right across the season

There will always be the naysayers suggesting that if everyone has a player, you are a fool for not also picking them - yet I say, when their replacement is just as good - why the feck not?
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:04 pm

Anyone toying with the idea of starting with Bula as I am and taking a emergency in round 1 ????
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:11 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

I have since replaced Cleary with Hynes, who actually averaged higher than Clearly last year and has been given a small discount

If you take out Cleary's injury game where he only played 16 minutes due to his hammy, it pushes Cleary's average higher than Nicho's.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:14 pm

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:Anyone toying with the idea of starting with Bula as I am and taking a emergency in round 1 ????

I've been looking at turning Grant into Ipap and running with one hooker if my first loop scores well. Haven't looked at Bula yet.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:32 pm

NRL.com now suggests that Fletcher Baker will start at PROP instead of Jenson.

This would make sense both for the Broncos and for fantasy
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

Post by mintotheimmortal Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:36 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:NRL.com now suggests that Fletcher Baker will start at PROP instead of Jenson.

This would make sense both for the Broncos and for fantasy

NRL.com also suggesting that Burton will start the year at centre.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:38 pm

mintotheimmortal wrote:

HUTCHOOOOOOOO!
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:44 pm

NRL.com Curran at PROP and Mann at LOCK cheer Taffe 14

Hughes departs everyones team

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:45 pm

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:Anyone toying with the idea of starting with Bula as I am and taking a emergency in round 1 ????

I'll probably start with 1 Tiger in round 1, but that will be Sezer's half partner (if known)

Not sure if I want to risk too many others. Maybe if I get a good score from my positions 18 + 19 in early games I can sub in a 2nd Tiger as a loop option during the round.
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:48 pm

Part of me wants to - he was one of the most fun to own for me last year. There is something about a Fullback sweeping into the line that makes me wet. And that fend on Tino.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:50 pm

NRL.com knows no more than we do

I had to point out they missed Shawn Blore originally for Storm and still predicting Peachey over May at CTR for Panthers
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:51 pm

mintotheimmortal wrote:

Would be real nice if they could name him there for round 1, bait fantasy into giving him CTR dual and then move him straight back to 5/8 in round 2.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:52 pm

Camo123 wrote:NRL.com knows no more than we do

I had to point out they missed Shawn Blore originally for Storm and still predicting Peachey over May at CTR for Panthers

Regardless Mann at LOCK would make a lot of sense with the abundance of utilities they have and the gap they have at MID. Even better because no-one will pick him because that have previously been burned

Last edited by The Dolphin Conspiracies on Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:01 pm

1 score above 40/BE in last 10 games (probably coinciding with him getting found out a bit as teams probably got more video on him)

No thanks
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:26 pm

Who's starting with Fifita? I'd like to, but that bye is annoying especially as a lot (most?) of us will have Campbell.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:43 pm

Mulvy wrote:Who's starting with Fifita? I'd like to, but that bye is annoying especially as a lot (most?) of us will have Campbell.

Ideally, I'd like to have started with Fermor, but the bastards don't want to discount him at all after missing an entire year, so too much risk for me

Campbell does look tempting, I guess the main concern is if they give up on the Brimson to CTR experiment early or whether they persist with it if the Titans start with a few poor results.
    But any sort of job security and I think Campbell will be in everyone's teams. Round 2 isn't a terrible bye to cover. Unless you get smashed by injuries round 1, you should be able to field 17 players easily enough.

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:00 am