NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want

WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want - Page 40 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want

Post by WT Winfield Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:12 pm

Mulvy wrote:

That reminds me of my January plan of selecting Grant, but downgrading to Koro if my 18th man jags a good score.

Edit: It was actually Grant to Ipap, and still might be, but you get the idea.

Is there something about Cooky I'm unaware of? Seeing Grant mentioned a bit, but not Cook. I'd be more keen on Grant, but with Pap and assuming Blore gets a start, having 3 Storm for the Rd 4 bye has swayed me to grab Cook instead. Spooked off JBrails now with the injury concerns.

Thanks for the codes Welshy cheer I was hoping for L11 since it's my first time and I'd be the no-brainer Fantasy Fantasy pick, but L2 will have to suffice.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want - Page 40 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want

Post by mattnz Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:14 pm

my tv broke wrote:Hunt was running as the main back up edge at training. But yeh they might just stick Carrigan there. He coped ok there at origin

Also maybe piakura is fine. Broncos match report just said he (and others) were given an early shower. Broncos dont usually hide things, but also maybe the social media person is unaware

Hunt should be around $250k when he gets added.

Willison would be interesting on the EDG. Looks very mobile for a big unit.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:17 pm

2024 NRL FANTASY LEAGUES REGISTRATION

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want - Page 40 You-a-bit-late-youre-late

NRL FANTASY FANATICS LATE COMERS LEAGUE STILL OPEN!!

Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:31 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

Is there something about Cooky I'm unaware of? Seeing Grant mentioned a bit, but not Cook. I'd be more keen on Grant, but with Pap and assuming Blore gets a start, having 3 Storm for the Rd 4 bye has swayed me to grab Cook instead. Spooked off JBrails now with the injury concerns.

Thanks for the codes Welshy cheer I was hoping for L11 since it's my first time and I'd be the no-brainer Fantasy Fantasy pick, but L2 will have to suffice.

I’ve locked him in at this stage; he’s the only hooker outside of the Eels starter that I see any upside to.

Grant might come off the bench after 15-20 like he did at the backend of last year, round 4 bye too (plus I want Blore and Pappy).
    Brailey seems unlikely to play 80 for a good while if ever.
    Robson didn’t pass 50 in his last 9 games; grim. Hated owning him through the byes last year.
    Mahoney is just behind too weak a pack, impossible for him to avoid missed tackles.
    Koroisau is too rocks and diamonds these days, no guarantee he plays 80 (which he needs to); couldn’t care less if he’s goalkicking or not (we’re talking about the Tigers here).
    JMK was too reliant on attacking stats, struggled to pass 40 without a couple TAs.
    Brandon is a career 40 scorer, outlier year in 2021 where he had a bucket of tries.
    Egan’s probably 5-6 points undervalued, best of the rest imo, but won’t be a keeper so kind of irrelevant.

Cooky with a career average of 62 (80minute games), priced at 56. Hoping for a bounce back year.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:34 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

It's a good point about Pappy and Blore, which is possibly why January Mulvy was so keen to ditch Grant. I think Grant is on the up though, whilst Cook, solid and all, will come back down eventually. He's 32, and I think he'll be solid again this year, but will come down eventually. If he declines slightly that could however mean a boost over the origin period if he's not selected.
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:34 pm

mattnz wrote:

Hunt should be around $250k when he gets added.

Willison would be interesting on the EDG. Looks very mobile for a big unit.

I swear Willison played some minutes at edge last year off the bench. Might be wrong about that though. My memory isn't my strongest suit.
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:39 pm

Mulvy wrote:

I agree with this take, Robbo doesn't care about your fantasy team and you'd have to tread an extremely narrow path to figure out the best option if one even exists.

The problem the Roosters have, and it's replicated year after year, is that they stockpile as much talent that they can afford (with Uncle Nick's business contacts and the Eastern Suburbs honey-pot making them attractive to most players). So they stack their team at the expense of balance and players just knowing and doing their role. I remember they had the 3 best half talents in the early 2000s and they all overplayed each other. This time it's fullbacks / back 5s, and forward depth. They'd be a better team with a couple less 'stars' and a couple of role players who roll their sleeves up and get on with it. The Storm have always been better at this than the Roosters.
    The fact that Sualii and Manu are both headed to Union tells us what's wrong at the Roosters. They should both be first-choice FBs at other NRL clubs.
    (Just my 2c worth of Sunday night shit-posting)
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:41 pm

Mulvy wrote:

It's a good point about Pappy and Blore, which is possibly why January Mulvy was so keen to ditch Grant. I think Grant is on the up though, whilst Cook, solid and all, will come back down eventually. He's 32, and I think he'll be solid again this year, but will come down eventually. If he declines slightly that could however mean a boost over the origin period if he's not selected.

Cook should be coming into his prime right now. If Cam Smith can win the Dally M at 34, and hooker of the year at 36 and 37, a player of Cook’s fitness should be around for a lot longer.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:44 pm

Alfie wrote:

I’ve locked him in at this stage; he’s the only hooker outside of the Eels starter that I see any upside to.

Grant might come off the bench after 15-20 like he did at the backend of last year, round 4 bye too (plus I want Blore and Pappy).
    Brailey seems unlikely to play 80 for a good while if ever.
    Robson didn’t pass 50 in his last 9 games; grim. Hated owning him through the byes last year.
    Mahoney is just behind too weak a pack, impossible for him to avoid missed tackles.
    Koroisau is too rocks and diamonds these days, no guarantee he plays 80 (which he needs to); couldn’t care less if he’s goalkicking or not (we’re talking about the Tigers here).
    JMK was too reliant on attacking stats, struggled to pass 40 without a couple TAs.
    Brandon is a career 40 scorer, outlier year in 2021 where he had a bucket of tries.
    Egan’s probably 5-6 points undervalued, best of the rest imo, but won’t be a keeper so kind of irrelevant.

Cooky with a career average of 62 (80minute games), priced at 56. Hoping for a bounce back year.

Cheers guys! Agree with pretty much everything on that rundown of the HKs. Have Brandon as my back-up currently, but getting cold feet there too after last year's debacle. Keeping an eye on Hands/Lussick too when teamlists roll around.

Starting with Grant last year was a major headache avoided compared to the alternatives. Cook was great too, but not for the original starting price of 900k+. 773k is a lot more palatable and some chance of missing origin again. If Blore doesn't get the start, then I could be swayed back to Grant.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:45 pm

Alfie wrote:

Cook should be coming into his prime right now. If Cam Smith can win the Dally M at 34, and hooker of the year at 36 and 37, a player of Cook’s fitness should be around for a lot longer.

Yep, fair.

Pappy, Blore and Cook then?
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:53 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Yep, fair.

Pappy, Blore and Cook then?

Yessir. Amongst others of course.
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:57 pm

The Bludger#2 wrote:

The problem the Roosters have, and it's replicated year after year, is that they stockpile as much talent that they can afford (with Uncle Nick's business contacts and the Eastern Suburbs honey-pot making them attractive to most players). So they stack their team at the expense of balance and players just knowing and doing their role. I remember they had the 3 best half talents in the early 2000s and they all overplayed each other. This time it's fullbacks / back 5s, and forward depth. They'd be a better team with a couple less 'stars' and a couple of role players who roll their sleeves up and get on with it. The Storm have always been better at this than the Roosters.
    The fact that Sualii and Manu are both headed to Union tells us what's wrong at the Roosters. They should both be first-choice FBs at other NRL clubs.
    (Just my 2c worth of Sunday night shit-posting)

They shoulda kept Verrills.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:06 pm

No idea how I ended up in League 3, I was expecting League 5(1)
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:08 pm

I'm going to take Booze's advice this season and have some fun, picking players that are enjoyable to watch, as well as good fantasy scorers
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:20 pm

Chewie wrote:No idea how I ended up in League 3, I was expecting League 5(1)

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want - Page 40 JkdSlgT
    BBowler
    BBowler

Post by BBowler Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:21 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

I currently have Cook in my side, he finished the year with a 65 average across 5 games. Good POD I reckon.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:53 pm

The bonus with Cook has always been that he's indestructible. No time off for injuries either in-game or through weeks out, no HIAs, guy's a cyborg. Always think that streak is going to run out, but it never does.
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:56 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:The bonus with Cook has always been that he's indestructible. No time off for injuries either in-game or through weeks out, no HIAs, guy's a cyborg. Always think that streak is going to run out, but it never does.

Did you know he use to be a beach sprint champion Basketball
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:22 am

Alfie wrote:

Comparing Cook to Smith is unreasonable. Smith really didn't do much yet did so much. Cook relies on quick ptb to make his scoots. Smith's scoots were very, very different - if at all. Cook also gets involved a lot more in defence whilst Smith very much focused on the wrestle as second or third man in. If he made first contact it was simply to hold a player - never to go in.

Whilst sports science is great, we are thinking of recent superstars in Smith, Slater etc who played late in to their careers. Cook still looks good but imo his prime was about 18 months ago. He hadn't developed his game. This season is going to be telling. He probably plays well, but not prime Cook. Imo.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms
    Fanatic

Post by multiple.scoregasms Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:50 am

rhinoceroo wrote:The bonus with Cook has always been that he's indestructible. No time off for injuries either in-game or through weeks out, no HIAs, guy's a cyborg. Always think that streak is going to run out, but it never does.
    Thanks now we are going to have to watch Mamouzelos in first grade every week No

Current date/time is Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:20 am