NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want

easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want - Page 46 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want

Post by easytiger Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:14 am

standard-issue wrote:Didn't play any Drafts last year and missed it; keen if there is a spot open.

Preferably in one that has B/L in it Very Happy

That would be great, I've sent you a PM with the details

Unfortunately you won't have B/L this year, but having seen his draft pics so far  I'm highly confident he will be in league 2 next year, so you might get to meet him there  Very Happy
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want - Page 46 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want

Post by Snatchpato Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:32 am

easytiger wrote:

That would be great, I've sent you a PM with the details

Unfortunately you won't have B/L this year, but having seen his draft pics so far  I'm highly confident he will be in league 2 next year, so you might get to meet him there  Very Happy
    And just when I thought all the banter would be kept in the WhatsApp group - well played.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:48 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Despite being a terrible player it looks like Burbo will be in my team. Calf injuries likely to linger for Schuster

Just need Strange at 5/8 now and we'll be laughing all the way to our 50 points a week.

The Jartwright idea is probably dead in the water. Friz, Lucas and Paul Pierce coming out of NBA retirement to save me from that trap. Alamoti if beating out Peach or Xerri are tempting replacements in the 400-450k range, and then chuck Burbo in the EMG to be looped via Piakura.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:58 am

WT Winfield wrote:

Just need Strange at 5/8 now and we'll be laughing all the way to our 50 points a week.

The Jartwright idea is probably dead in the water. Friz, Lucas and Paul Pierce coming out of NBA retirement to save me from that trap. Alamoti if beating out Peach or Xerri are tempting replacements in the 400-450k range, and then chuck Burbo in the EMG to be looped via Piakura.

Alamoti competition for CTR is Tago, May and Peachey. Hard to see him getting that spot. May probably plays CTR, with Turuva and Too on the wings.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:59 am

WT Winfield wrote:

Zed's dead, baby! Not Jed!

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:36 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:Despite being a terrible player it looks like Burbo will be in my team. Calf injuries likely to linger for Schuster

If ever there was an exception to not picking a terrible player, surely having a base price CTR playing in the forwards is it.

I'm not excited by the pick either, but its got to be better than starting with Talau or Smith-Shields was in 2023
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:14 am

Agree, Burbo is looking hard to ignore.

Could stash at 18 for vegas and then pick a round 1 part 2 bye player if he goes ok
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:15 am

Milchcow wrote:

If ever there was an exception to not picking a terrible player, surely having a base price CTR playing in the forwards is it.

I'm not excited by the pick either, but its got to be better than starting with Talau or Smith-Shields was in 2023

I may end up with him as well, but along with the questions over whether he is an NRL player...
    - Seibold has shown the "other" edge is probably a 50-60 minute edge.
    - Combined with a career output of about 0.5PPM (he won't be playing that Tigers team every week... or until R25 when you better hope you don't still have him!)
    - On one occasion he managed to string 5 games together (3 of those being 20mins or fewer)
    - IF he averages 25-30 from his 50-60 minutes for 4 or 5 weeks, is he really going to do enough to be worthwhile... maybe? (but it certainly ain't pretty)
    - Has a better player ready to take his spot, assuming the said better player can get fit and uninjured...

It seems like a probably inevitable but slightly regrettable pick that we're all going to resent to some degree
    Papadontbleach
    Papadontbleach

Post by Papadontbleach Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:22 am

Kris will still be out round 1.

The Raiders complained to the NRL about Kris not getting the exemption for the all stars but Jacob Gagai getting it.

No dice, he's still suspended.

Something about the seriousness of the offence.

It's raining Ricky Stewart tears here in Canberra Razz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:56 am

For any car racing fans, SVG kicks off his fulltime US racing schedule today. He qualified 5th. In NZ it is showing on Three Sport live at 3pm today (NZT).
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:22 am

Milchcow wrote:

Bookmarked.

(I'll be falling for it too, don't worry)
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:28 am

my tv broke wrote:Agree, Burbo is looking hard to ignore.

Could stash at 18 for vegas and then pick a round 1 part 2 bye player if he goes ok

Stashing him at 18 kind of defeats the point, doesn't it? You'll still have to pick two scoring centres in that case and they'll either be cheap and shit or so expensive/solid that you don't need Burbo. If you pick him you've also kind of got to go "fuck it" and start him. Should be fine for a centre score that week anyway in the 2RF as long as no injury.

(* I suppose you could have Kris in your centres and Burbo 18-21 and pick up a different scoring centre for Kris if Burbo gets knocked out. But you still need one more centre.)
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:30 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Stashing him at 18 kind of defeats the point, doesn't it? You'll still have to pick two scoring centres in that case and they'll either be cheap and shit or so expensive/solid that you don't need Burbo. If you pick him you've also kind of got to go "fuck it" and start him. Should be fine for a centre score that week anyway in the 2RF as long as no injury.

(* I suppose you could have Kris in your centres and Burbo 18-21 and pick up a different scoring centre for Kris if Burbo gets knocked out. But you still need one more centre.)

Yeah, this is my take on it. Basically committing to 2 costly CTRs, or risking a guy like Cotric ahead of Burbo, which doesn't make sense.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:37 am

Yeah the case for Burbo has some merit, low price, low BE, DPP. Only needs one high scoring game to get the cash flowing. Slot him in you 18-21 and you should be good.
    I rather have a punt on him than someone like Flannagan
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:40 am

I'm looking at getting Cobbo as one of my fun picks in the CTR spot (once DPP gets added)
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:43 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

I dunno, probably, i haven't thought it through nor created a squad.

I wouldn't want to rely on him as a starting centre and then have a forced trade in round 3 because he's no longer starting. At least if he is surplus he can sit a couple of weeks in NPRs if need be.

EDIT had a quick look. don't really see anyone else worth picking at CTR that is cheap (and is actually going to get picked by an nrl coach in round 1). going in with burbo at ctr and no backup seems like asking for trouble.

Last edited by my tv broke on Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:45 am

Chewie wrote:I'm looking at getting Cobbo as one of my fun picks in the CTR spot (once DPP gets added)

I was just looking at this same thing in order to free up cash elsewhere (downgrading Ponga).
    Added benefit that the CTR DPP will help cover any issues with Burbo that might arise.

Cobbo should be getting his hands on the ball more and have an abundance of opportunities whenever Walsh interjects himself into the line.
    Enjoyable pick for sure
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:46 am

Really not a fan of getting Kris, already trying to fit in too many other Raiders. Just a nightmare for looping.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:46 am

GreenSchist wrote:

I was just looking at this same thing in order to free up cash elsewhere (downgrading Ponga).
    Added benefit that the CTR DPP will help cover any issues with Burbo that might arise.

Cobbo should be getting his hands on the ball more and have an abundance of opportunities whenever Walsh interjects himself into the line.
    Enjoyable pick for sure

Yeah looked to have a good combination in the trial.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:18 am

Chucky wrote:
    I don’t think Schuster will ever be accused of training the house down.

C'mon, there was that video of him running up a hill one time

TBH I say good luck to him. It's never the players fault if a club decides to give them a basquillian dollar contract and then regrets it.

Current date/time is Tue Sep 17, 2024 6:11 am