NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 4 - A spawning salmon appears

Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 4 - A spawning salmon appears - Page 43 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 4 - A spawning salmon appears

Post by Cookie Monster Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:23 pm

@biguceman Please check your PM's

@mrbrownstone Please join your leagues very soon, or you risk losing your place

Cheers
    King Assassin
    King Assassin

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 4 - A spawning salmon appears - Page 43 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 4 - A spawning salmon appears

Post by King Assassin Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:42 pm

Unknown Player not avaialable on fantasy. is he first choice 2nd row?

Last edited by King Assassin on Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:50 pm

Who are the players that people who fill up too many spots in the first week of Round 1 are at risk of missing if they do not play their cards right
    * Faitalia Marner came on at 28 minutes on the EDG and played out the rest of the trial - he is preferred over Tom Eisenhuth in Round 2 and plays 80 on the EDG?
    * Garner - if he indeed starts over Sorenson
    * Morgan Smithies - when he comes out and busts out a 50+ or more in Round 1 as starting LOCK
    * Taumalolo when he brings back the offload as a damaging ball-laying PROP averaging close to 50
    * Jacob Alick who gets priced at 300k and busts out 4 x 50+ scores before Fifita returns
    * Josh Schuster, who comes back R2 and avgs 50 in the 2nd row right from the outset, while those with Ben Trbojevic waste multiple trades getting him in Round 2 or later
    * Those who pass on Lussick playing 80 and pick Hopgood (60 minutes) when Hands subs Hopgood for 20 minutes as a ball playing LOCK (BA does not go back on his word as wanting an 80 minute HOK after all)

Last edited by The Dolphin Conspiracies on Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:55 pm

King Assassin wrote:Kane Bradley, not avaialable on fantasy. is he first choice 2nd row?

Impossible to know with the Storm, but it looks that way.

Blore is around, he must be a threat to take the spot at some point, if not be named there rnd 1

I will be picking Bradley if hes named edge on TLT
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:10 pm

If this Bradley character actually emerges as the Storm's new starting Edge, perhaps we've found the slam-dunk cow we've all been waiting for.
    Of course everyone will pick him up.
    There's a vacant 21 position (with an Iro shaped placeholder) awaiting you Kane.
    Basketball
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:12 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:Who are the players that people who fill up too many spots in the first week of Round 1 are at risk of missing if they do not play their cards right
    * Faitalia Marner came on at 28 minutes and played out the rest of the trial - he is preferred over Tom Eisenhuth in Round 2 and plays 80 on the EDG?
    * Morgan Smithies - when he comes out and busts out a 50+ or more in Round 1 as starting LOCK
    * Taumalolo when he brings back the offload as a damaging ball-laying PROP averaging close to 50
    * Jacob Alick who gets priced at 300k and busts out 4 x 50+ scores before Fifita returns
    * Josh Schuster, who comes back R2 and avgs 50 in the 2nd row right from the outset, while those with Ben Trbojevic waste multiple trades getting him in Round 2 or later
    * Those who pass on Lussick playing 80 and pick Hopgood (60 minutes) when Hands subs Hopgood for 20 minutes as a ball playing LOCK (BA does not go back on his word as wanting an 80 minute HOK after all)

If the Schuster myth turns up and kills it on the Sea Eagle's edge, Hutcho becomes him and Burbo goes to stinking up 18-21.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:25 pm

The Bludger#2 wrote:

If the Schuster myth turns up and kills it on the Sea Eagle's edge, Hutcho becomes him and Burbo goes to stinking up 18-21.

What if Hutcho also kills it at HLF? i think that a putrid Burbo would totally feck up my Fantasy Very Happy
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:34 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

What if Hutcho also kills it at HLF? i think that a putrid Burbo would totally feck up my Fantasy Very Happy

If Hutcho is also killing it, in Fantasy points if not IRL, then I'll have to sacrifice some other under-performing spud in my team.
    I'm sure, based on nearly a decade's worth of data (I wouldn't say the experience has improved my Fantasy skill) that there'll be at least 3 failures to choose from.
    Laugh
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:42 pm

The Bludger#2 wrote:

If Hutcho is also killing it, in Fantasy points if not IRL, then I'll have to sacrifice some other under-performing spud in my team.
    I'm sure, based on nearly a decade's worth of data (I wouldn't say the experience has improved my Fantasy skill) that there'll be at least 3 failures to choose from.
    Laugh

Yeah this is what i normally do every year. i am hoping to not waste so many trades this year with dodgy Round one picks. I always get of to a bad start because of this. i don't think Schuster on the EDG is a myth. He has a long term avg of 48 there. If he is back in Round 2 as everyone is expecting I would assume scores at 17+ above his break even

Last edited by The Dolphin Conspiracies on Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:42 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:Who are the players that people who fill up too many spots in the first week of Round 1 are at risk of missing if they do not play their cards right
    * Faitalia Marner came on at 28 minutes and played out the rest of the trial - he is preferred over Tom Eisenhuth in Round 2 and plays 80 on the EDG?

RFM will be bench. Leilua and Su’A edge

Sorensen was injured. Fifita seemingly back earlier than Campbell and R2 bye
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:46 pm

Camo123 wrote:

RFM will be bench. Leilua and Su’A edge

Sorensen was injured. Fifita seemingly back earlier than Campbell and R2 bye

Thanks Camo - forgot about Leilua... Assistant coach did say R4/5 for Fifita even though he had started running already. Alick is a bit of a high risk though. I know Sorensen is injured but even without that news, there was rumours about him shifting to the MID - all we can do is wait and see and build some flexibility in to part 2 round 2

What other curveballs do you think might come out of Week 2 of Round 2?

Last edited by The Dolphin Conspiracies on Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:49 pm

Current draft team has Murray/Grant v Haas/Robson for me… for some reason I don’t trust Robson despite plenty of chat on him. Feel he’ll just scrape 50 and be a frustrating watch
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:49 pm

The Bludger#2 wrote:If this Bradley character actually emerges as the Storm's new starting Edge, perhaps we've found the slam-dunk cow we've all been waiting for.
    There's a vacant 21 position (with an Iro shaped placeholder) awaiting you Kane.
    Basketball

Meme value would be off the charts

Spoiler:
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:51 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

Yeah this is what i normally do every year. i am hoping to not waste so many trades this year with dodgy Round one picks. I always get of to a bad start because of this. i don't think Schuster on the EDG is a myth. He has a long term avg of 48 there. If he is back in Round 2 as everyone is expecting I would assume scores at 17+ above his break even

My biggest Rd.1 mistake - every freakin year - is I start with one less gun than everyone else (falling behind in the points department) by trying to fit too many mids in. I need to learn to trust the cheapie cows to do their thing, recognise a middle-of-the-road player who will never score well enough to make enough coin to be worth the trade. Last year I started with NAS (NAS!!), and I think also Robson. (I can own the logic for Robson, but NAS??)

This year, I'm looking at Fog-god, Cobbo (if he's still there come Rd.1), Aitken and Cheese.
    Something tells me at least one of them will just hit their price average and stay there.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:54 pm

King Assassin wrote:Kane Bradley, not available on fantasy. is he first choice 2nd row?

Loeiro moving to lock. EKatoa has one edge, other up for grabs

Bradley has been named to start in both trials, so its as close as we can get to certain.

Last year he was in the system as a WFB, so we can only hope that that's how they put him back there.

If they play Blore as a middle, then Jack Howarth the other main candidate to be starter, and he's cheap too, so probable value in that position whoever it is
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:55 pm

The Bludger#2 wrote:

My biggest Rd.1 mistake - every freakin year - is I start with one less gun than everyone else (falling behind in the points department) by trying to fit too many mids in. I need to learn to trust the cheapie cows to do their thing, recognise a middle-of-the-road player who will never score well enough to make enough coin to be worth the trade. Last year I started with NAS (NAS!!), and I think also Robson. (I can own the logic for Robson, but NAS??)

This year, I'm looking at Fog-god, Cobbo (if he's still there come Rd.1), Aitken and Cheese.
    Something tells me at least one of them will just hit their price average and stay there.

I reckon the most likely thing is at least 3 of them stay where they are priced.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:58 pm

The Bludger#2 wrote:If this Bradley character actually emerges as the Storm's new starting Edge, perhaps we've found the slam-dunk cow we've all been waiting for.
    Basketball

Spot 21… THATS GOTTA BE KANE!
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:59 pm

36 for Flanagan including a try assist last night and LBA he played 66mins take that out it’s still 29 in 66mins.

My first look at Galvin and he’s great for an 18 yr old.

I just finished watching the game back
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:03 pm

The Bludger#2 wrote:

Foggy hasn't played yet due to a hamstring worry, and plays for a team who will struggle. Cobbo could be a gun, but he's young in a new position - quite a risk at that price. Aitken probably won't start R1. Cheese needs attacking points to score well in a stacked Roosters pack, so will be volatile.

I don't like the risk/reward ratio enough to take any of them. Not cows. Not guns, and not highly likely to be.

But if it pays off for you, you'll have five trades on the rest of the pack
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:05 pm

The Bludger#2 wrote:

i can't see how any of the players you have mentioned aren't dubious midrangers (or have a strong potential to be)
    * I am not sure how different Fog will be to last year. He has a dominant playmaking role over Wighton last year and there is no evidence to suggest he scores that much different without him.
    * Cobbo at CTR will score much less from run metres and you are relying on attacking stats. DPP will be a plus, but it is a lot to spend at CTR unless there is a really clear upside. I took him out of my side a few weeks ago
    * Aitken is not even sure to be starting on the EDG with KAUFUSI and LEMUELU floating around. He really needs 80 minutes on the EDG to be value. I reckon the Gilbert news will benefit a PROP with BROMWICH playing some minutes at LOCK and Ray STONE coming in to play 40 to 50 minutes there like last year.
    * I was also keen on Cheese until I had another look at his stats. He is too fecking mad for me. He might play 30 or 50 minutes depending on how hard he goes. i don't think it is reasonable to expect that the Cheese we want will turn up every week. i might end up compromising though

EDIT: What Jimmy said much more concisely

Last edited by The Dolphin Conspiracies on Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 2:21 am