NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward

BBowler
    BBowler

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward - Page 7 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward

Post by BBowler Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:07 pm

easytiger wrote:I've just worked out Edge minute averages for last year:

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward - Page 7 Screen31

Lower quartile is 71.8mins (equivalent to one 80min edge, one at 64 mins)

IF the Rooters went lower than North Queensland last year at say 68 minutes;
    That would be enough for one 80min edge, one 56minute edge.

Anything lower would be pretty radical compared to what we've seen (noting that the Roosters were a very conventional 74ish minutes average last year)

If the 56 minute edge was Wong at his 0.69PPM (without any improvement), that would give a 38 point average, or about 6 points of upside.

Of course, those are averages across a season and don't really account for individual selections (e.g. Nat Butcher on the edge is almost always going to get 80, whereas both Sitili and Wong may be less likely)

TLDR: On a historical basis, there doesn't seem any reason to panic about the Roosters edges

What do these NQL stats mean for Luki?
    filthridden
    filthridden

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward - Page 7 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward

Post by filthridden Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:14 pm

Four game ban for Leniu, we think?
    Montoya got that for his homophobic slur. Can't remember any recent incidents of suspensions over racism so that's the only one I can think to go off.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:19 pm

BBowler wrote:

What do these NQL stats mean for Luki?

My finger in the air prediction would be that he gets around the same as he would have got anyway with potential upside given Lucy has left.... between 60 & 70 mins most weeks

I have him and anything over 60 mins should give him enough time to earn some money (emphasis on should)

Points to note include Finefeuiaki is very good (although very young), Payton loves rotating his Edge players & Luki doesn't mind an injury
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:27 pm

filthridden wrote:Four game ban for Leniu, we think?
    Montoya got that for his homophobic slur. Can't remember any recent incidents of suspensions over racism so that's the only one I can think to go off.

Sounds like there was a bit of an altercation at the hotel room, too. Leniu not happy it wasn't left on the field. Also his post-match did not help him. Not sure how they can prove it or not, but got a feeling NRL could slap him with a 6-8 week ban.
    kamikamicameleons
    kamikamicameleons

Post by kamikamicameleons Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:30 pm

filthridden wrote:Four game ban for Leniu, we think?

I think it would have to be 4 weeks, otherwise you're opening a debate on whether racism is better/worse than homophobia. Don't think anyone wants to be trying to win that argument
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:33 pm

Did Montoya direct his slur at someone who was actually homosexual? 6-8 sounds closer to the mark given it was personal.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:33 pm

Players involved in defending Walsh's swearing incident last year didn't look that great.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:34 pm

wolfking wrote:

Again, there was ZERO intent from me with the gifs, was all due to Matt's comment, then Matt got involved in on the fun so the party was on.  

Looking back, I did post one gif with a monkey but that was totally unintentional.  

Doesn't matter now and Gender has accused me already of being racist once before in the past but again, no intent.
    Don’t worry mate you are all good. Don’t let it bother you
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:37 pm

wolfking wrote:

Fair enough mate, I get your point there.

Still would be interesting to know if anyone out there does actively have more than say 2 teams on the go.  
    I just have one mate and do my best with that
    Rabbit
    Rabbit

Post by Rabbit Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:46 pm

Honeysett wrote:

Says a lot when you're my favourite Rabbits supporter.

lol!
    kamikamicameleons
    kamikamicameleons

Post by kamikamicameleons Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:46 pm

Alfie wrote:Did Montoya direct his slur at someone who was actually homosexual? 6-8 sounds closer to the mark given it was personal.

At Kyle Felt, who I think is?
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:52 pm

Honeysett wrote:

I don't have him blocked but I've got someone else blocked and when everyone quotes his ramblings about glory glory and how he's going to have tears in his eyes if Souths win because of two knock ons it's hard to skip past them.
    I don’t care what you think I’m a diehard Rabbitohs member call me bias that’s all good…

My mate I speak to in NZ international member is coming out I’ll be with him at the game Good Friday against the Dogs in the Burrow we will be both be going mental he’s equally as crazy as me he’s a good lad so passionate about Souths. I’m proud of my passion. And yes down 3 of our back 5 yesterday I would’ve been emotional if we won but I knew it was unlikely given our backs depth isn’t too good
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:56 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    I don’t care what you think I’m a diehard Rabbitohs member call me bias that’s all good…

My mate I speak to in NZ international member is coming out I’ll be with him at the game Good Friday against the Dogs in the Burrow we will be both be going mental he’s equally as crazy as me he’s a good lad so passionate about Souths. I’m proud of my passion. And yes down 3 of our back 5 yesterday I would’ve been emotional if we won but I knew it was unlikely given our backs depth isn’t too good

Bias, although I did think your name was Christopher Very Happy

Jokes aside you are a bit of an institution now mate.
    Alfie
    Alfie

Post by Alfie Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:02 pm

How can you block one of the greatest icons of the forum?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:04 pm

Alfie wrote:How can you block one of the greatest icons of the forum?

Honeysett? Hes a bad influence, i blocked him years ago #saynotodrugs
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:05 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Honeysett? Hes a bad influence, i blocked him years ago #saynotodrugs

When did he get out?

Post by Guest Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:05 pm

kamikamicameleons wrote:

Maybe Kyle Feldt him in the ruck?

It's hard to draw a comparison between different words, it depends how it cuts and what the reaction is.

You could argue that if Montoya calls Feldt a cunt do all vaginas feel offended?

If he called him a Pedo, do all pedophiles become outraged?

Race sort of crosses the line and becomes personal because it's a direct attack, whether it's meant that way or not it's going to get a reaction and it's going to be punished.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:06 pm

kamikamicameleons wrote:

I re-read your comment. I guess that would actually hurt if that's the case. My bad
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:13 pm

Sort of expected a bunch of TLT news tid bits today.. but nothing? (I havent gone looking, but no one has posted anything here.. too busy with fruit chat?). Give me teams, i want to overthink some more
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:16 pm

BaldShitTruck wrote:

I re-read your comment. I guess that would actually hurt if that's the case. My bad

The complication being I don't think he is, but really it shouldn't make a difference to the penalty.

Current date/time is Sun Sep 08, 2024 1:05 pm