NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward

Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward

Post by Revraiser Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:16 pm

my tv broke wrote:Sort of expected a bunch of TLT news tid bits today.. but nothing? (I havent gone looking, but no one has posted anything here.. too busy with fruit chat?). Give me teams, i want to overthink some more

Dragonfruit never even had a chance really...
    Tigs
    Tigs

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward

Post by Tigs Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:19 pm

bombtrak wrote:

Any more news on Storms lineup? In particular that left edge spot?
    Welcome

Nope, says the same thing if one of us wrote it...

With Trent Loiero moving to a middle role, Shawn Blore, Kane Bradley and Jack Howarth are battling to start on the edge. Bradley was favoured for the trial clash with the Knights.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:23 pm

The Bludger#2 wrote:

For mine the sad part is just leaving without offering an explanation, or put forward a different perspective to allow the other members of the community to adjust / apologise or even just ignore their perspective.

Last year when the entire Rainbow jersey stuff-up at Manly was going down, a number of people made jokes / comments that I found troubling.
    I took it upon myself to present a different point of view and found that pretty much everyone was cool with it. Even those who hold opposite beliefs to mine were accepting that I could have a different point of view.
    Like someone else said, as a white bloke, I have no clear understanding of how racist comments can affect people, but we should be able to present our views and let others know if we're feeling undercut etc. and then make peace.

Just my (admittedly limited) view.

Who said u have no eloquence study
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:31 pm

I have lined up a date for tomorrow afternoon, i hope shes keen to discuss TLT-2
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:34 pm

my tv broke wrote:I have lined up a date for tomorrow afternoon, i hope shes keen to discuss TLT-2

If not, we will be here for you
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:49 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Can confirm they don't give a shit how many teams you have when they award the prize. They sent me the Roosters prize last year when I was running an auto fill team too. Loads of people run H2H teams alongside classic. There's no NRL fraud department checking on a $250 prize, why would there be?

Then there was the year that my WAGs team accidentally won the Souths league. They sent me the voucher then too.
    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward - Page 9 Giphy
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:50 pm

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

Yes.

HIA's are also a bit different to other injuries, in that an independent doctor can conservatively rule someone out for their own safety - which is a good thing in reality but a shit hand to be dealt in fantasy.

Not really an issue in Rd 1 for someone highly owned like Piakura - but geez that would be a tough way to lose the comp in the final round.

Tough problem to solve though.
    I like the idea/strategy of selecting a HIA reserve and then getting a choice to activate (i.e. you wouldn't activate if your player got HIA'd in the 79th minutes of a game).

This is good idea, each week you select an 18th man who you can choose to activate if you get an injury affected score. Will never happen with Failhub but hey ho.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:53 pm

Tigs wrote:
    Welcome

Nope, says the same thing if one of us wrote it...

With Trent Loiero moving to a middle role, Shawn Blore, Kane Bradley and Jack Howarth are battling to start on the edge. Bradley was favoured for the trial clash with the Knights.

I read an article suggesting that Joe Chan was the man most likely - cant seem to find it now
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:55 pm

my tv broke wrote:I have lined up a date for tomorrow afternoon, i hope shes keen to discuss TLT-2

Earrings and shoes my dude. Earrings and shoes
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:02 pm

You’re in Townsville, right?
    Is it Kyle Feldt?

Not that there would be anything wrong with that.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:02 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Then there was the year that my WAGs team accidentally won the Souths league. They sent me the voucher then too.

If you are going to run multiple teams, at least dispense with the pretence of "accidentally"

Second teams are set up with the express purpose of winning something. Nobody goes to the hassle of creating an extra team, and trading with it every week, with the primary goal of adding 1 to the total number of entries that season.
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:02 pm

Honeysett wrote:

I don't have him blocked but I've got someone else blocked and when everyone quotes his ramblings about glory glory and how he's going to have tears in his eyes if Souths win because of two knock ons it's hard to skip past them.

You don't like the Game Day Preview???????
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:04 pm

There's no prizes or extra points for trading in a player 24 hours before everyone else

Just wait for 4pm tomorrow (or 1 hour before kickoff if its shady) and you won't have to care about the source of rumours.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:06 pm

Ando wrote:
    Honeysett wrote:

I don't have him blocked but I've got someone else blocked and when everyone quotes his ramblings about glory glory and how he's going to have tears in his eyes if Souths win because of two knock ons it's hard to skip past them.

You don't like the Game Day Preview???????

Its been said before, but I'll just remind everyone its worth reading the Game Day Preview, or at least skipping to the end, as that is the part where Rabbits practises what he is going to shout at the ref for all the penalties he isn't giving Souths that week.

It is true dedication to his craft
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:09 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Its been said before, but I'll just remind everyone its worth reading the Game Day Preview, or at least skipping to the end, as that is the part where Rabbits practises what he is going to shout at the ref for all the penalties he isn't giving Souths that week.

I still can’t see anything put in a spoiler.
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:09 pm

Milchcow wrote:

And he specifically names the Ref by their first name, that gets me every time Rolling Laugh
    awanamafia
    awanamafia

Post by awanamafia Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:13 pm

Dumb question - doesn't the clock stop when there is a shot on goal?

Reason being I've heard in multiple fantasy podcasts chat about time standing under the sticks dragging down middle forwards scores in games with lots of tries.

Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:22 pm

Chucky wrote:
    I still can’t see anything put in a spoiler.

I had the same issue, found it to be my Norton Anti tracking, had to give it permission for this site.
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:26 pm

Pre-TLTb Team Tracker update for anyone who wants to share their thoughts, always appreciated to bounce ideas of folk here.

On a sidenote where is Gaz Ellis at these days?!
    Lchy
    Lchy

Post by Lchy Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:41 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    There's no prizes or extra points for trading in a player 24 hours before everyone else

Just wait for 4pm tomorrow (or 1 hour before kickoff if its shady) and you won't have to care about the source of rumours.

This guy is seriously acting like moral superiority isn't a prize

Current date/time is Thu Sep 19, 2024 11:23 am