NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward

White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward - Page 14 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward

Post by White Lightning Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:55 am

i posted this before but did you know ali leaitaua is the nephew of ali lautiti that's why his first name is ali they named him after his uncle.
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward - Page 14 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward

Post by The Bludger#2 Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:10 pm

GreenSchist wrote:

Yea I agree. My concern with May is if the minutes dip, even with his insane PPM he might only be looking at low 40's. Great if you started with him but not necessarily essential to try bring in when we still have 13 other teams to play around with free trades.

If I can find a way to trade Sitili (if long term injury) to May and also fit in Hopgood, McInnes, Cotter and Smithies, I'll probably still do it but depends on what other fires I have to put out following this weekend.

Thoughts on Smithies vs. Flegler??
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:14 pm

robelgordo wrote:

Yeah the colour orange is named after the fruit orange. My guess is many centuries ago someone decided they needed a word to better describe the colour between yellow and red and looked at a tree.

When you think about it there are literally infinite colours and which ones are commonly used or not is pretty arbitrary. Like why orange, whereas light blue and dark blue do not have unique names? Potentially they do in other languages

Is it 4pm yet?

Yeah, it is a fair point, I presume colour naming was originally based around a singular object e.g. blue sky, brown earth, green banana tree leaves, and maybe yellow bananas which were growing everywhere at the time - "the apple of paradise"

Or are bananas even yellow, clearly their skin goes through a number of phases, but the edible fruit ranges in colours like Richie Benauds old suit jackets

Also a common named dark blue is navy?

easytiger
    easytiger

Post by easytiger Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:18 pm

The Bludger#2 wrote:

Thoughts on Cavendish vs. Plantain?

Cavendish seems to have the most JS
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:21 pm

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward - Page 14 Giphy
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:22 pm

Beneath the cylindrical red and white striped layers of compressed paper contains the best colour of all

Golden Grease brown
    easytiger
    easytiger

Post by easytiger Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:28 pm

The Bludger#2 wrote:

My Actual thoughts;

Flegler;
    Seems to have a pretty locked in PPM of 0.84, 0.81, 0.81 over the last 3 years.
    It's been a rare for him to push past 50minutes historically, and while there's a possibility that he could, that seems more based around hope than any solid indication.
    I don't love sub 0.9PPM mids, they just have to get more minutes to move the dial, so even at a 50 minute average (say he ranges from 45-55 minutes), it's about a 3.7 point upside. It seems like you want a 55min+ average to offer any significant upside in a team that has reasonable forward depth (Bromwich, Wallace, Nicholls all can do a job).
    Also likes a sin bin and the occasional judiciary appearance

Smithies;
    Clearly, more of an unknown.
    What we do know; has a good engine, will tackle anything that moves.
    Brittish forwards have a good history of going well in the NRL. There are anecdotes from Elliot Whitehead that his running game & ball skills are surprisingly good.
    In the trial game, I recall them saying that Canberra really went hard to get him, and that he is far better than what they had expected.
    I think the pace of NRL week to week is higher than the superleague, so I'd expect any Brittish forward to get some PPM uptick playing here.
    Seems worthy of a punt, with a chance he holds the 13 when Horse returns (who was an out and out prop prior to last year)
    I've initially given him what feels like a fairly conservative 0.8PPM at 60 minutes initially for a 10 point upside.
    0.8PPM is approx a Cotter, Elliott, Harris, Gilbert, (Flegler ironically)
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:32 pm

easytiger wrote:

My Actual thoughts;

Flegler;
    Seems to have a pretty locked in PPM of 0.84, 0.81, 0.81 over the last 3 years.
    It's been a rare for him to push past 50minutes historically, and while there's a possibility that he could, that seems more based around hope than any solid indication.
    I don't love sub 0.9PPM mids, they just have to get more minutes to move the dial, so even at a 50 minute average (say he ranges from 45-55 minutes), it's about a 3.7 point upside. It seems like you want a 55min+ average to offer any significant upside in a team that has reasonable forward depth (Bromwich, Wallace, Nicholls all can do a job).

Smithies;
    Clearly, more of an unknown.
    What we do know; has a good engine, will tackle anything that moves.
    Brittish forwards have a good history of going well in the NRL. There are anecdotes from Elliot Whitehead that his running game & ball skills are surprisingly good.
    In the trial game, I recall them saying that Canberra really went hard to get him, and that he is far better than what they had expected.
    I think the pace of NRL week to week is higher than the superleague, so I'd expect any Brittish forward to get some PPM uptick playing here.
    Seems worthy of a punt, with a chance he holds the 13 when Horse returns (who was an out and out prop prior to last year)
    I've initially given him what feels like a fairly conservative 0.8PPM at 60 minutes for a 10 point upside.

Had a 72 tackle game at 18 years of age
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:38 pm

mattnz wrote:

Had a 72 tackle game at 18 years of age

i love a flopper
    easytiger
    easytiger

Post by easytiger Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:39 pm

If Fa'alogo is named on the bench, is there a case for holding off a few weeks on Papenhuyzen?

With an early round 4 bye, and a *potentially* tough opening run of Penrith, Warriors and Knights - it could be a more subdued start, maybe? - with some chance that Bellamy works him up to a full 80 minutes?

Not saying it's a good play (especially as it likely uses a trade), but wonder if there's a case to be made to do a wait and see how he starts the year?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:41 pm

easytiger wrote:If Fa'alogo is named on the bench, is there a case for holding off a few weeks on Papenhuyzen?

somewhat pointless as we'll find out soon enough anyway, but i saw a report last week from a journo that faalogo will start the year in q cup due to shoulder injury taking a while to come good. iirc it suggested he'd spend about a month in q cup and see where things are at
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

Post by FaringdonSwirl Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:43 pm

easytiger wrote:If Fa'alogo is named on the bench, is there a case for holding off a few weeks on Papenhuyzen?

With an early round 4 bye, and a *potentially* tough opening run of Penrith, Warriors and Knights - it could be a more subdued start, maybe? - with some chance that Bellamy works him up to a full 80 minutes?

Not saying it's a good play (especially as it likely uses a trade), but wonder if there's a case to be made to do a wait and see how he starts the year?

Think Pap is one you just go with the masses on, even if you're not convinced.

Think the potential downside of starting without him is a lot bigger than the potential upside of a slow start.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:43 pm

My Dogs mate says looks like Xerri was training with the reserves today
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:44 pm

easytiger wrote:

Thoughts on Cavendish vs. Plantain?

Cavendish seems to have the most JS
    Plantain is horrible.

I’ll get home from work at 9pm then I’ll be up til the early hours I’d say planning.
    easytiger
    easytiger

Post by easytiger Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:46 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    Plantain is horrible.

I’ll get home from work at 9pm then I’ll be up til the early hours I’d say planning.

You're very decisive when it comes to questions of the fruit variety
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:48 pm

I’ve just had a good cry the last hour feel a bit better for it today is 8 weeks since Silky passed away I found it so hard to get out of bed today. Off to work soon.
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:51 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:My Dogs mate says looks like Xerri was training with the reserves today

Likely Critta Kiraz in CTR

Dolphins training also showing Stone/Plath both training at 13. Niu CTR. Nikorima 5/8. Aitken left right out
    easytiger
    easytiger

Post by easytiger Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:51 pm

my tv broke wrote:

somewhat pointless as we'll find out soon enough anyway, but i saw a report last week from a journo that faalogo will start the year in q cup due to shoulder injury taking a while to come good. iirc it suggested he'd spend about a month in q cup and see where things are at

Just trying to figure out which players have potentially jiggle room if I need to and TLT is taking forever Laughing
    Turfing Paps was a stretch...
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:59 pm

robelgordo wrote:

Yeah the colour orange is named after the fruit orange. My guess is many centuries ago someone decided they needed a word to better describe the colour between yellow and red and looked at a tree.

When you think about it there are literally infinite colours and which ones are commonly used or not is pretty arbitrary. Like why orange, whereas light blue and dark blue do not have unique names? Potentially they do in other languages

Is it 4pm yet?

It's not arbitrary which ones are named. Red, Green and Blue are used because they are the primaries when it comes to light (eg. screens, LEDs). They are used to make any other colour.
    If it's pigment we are talking about it's CMYK are our primaries.
    Cyan (which is the light blue you mentioned), Magenta, yellow and black. A colour such as orange would be a secondary colour. Half Yellow, half Magenta. Purple - half magenta, half cyan, green half cyan, half yellow.

Haha I'm going of on a rant now. Can you tell I'm a printer/photographer/videographer by trade?

Edit: I also know you were joking, but couldn't help myself.
    ynot
    ynot

Post by ynot Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:01 pm

Apparently we have Strange not Weekes. Probably would've got Turbo if I'd known!

Current date/time is Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:58 am